Create Account

S59 DFA Bounties #2 - The Present

The playoffs are about to start, and that brings us to the second DFA bounty:

You've made it. You're on the list to be drafted into the SMJHL. Some of you have already temporarily joined a team for the remainder of this season to stay in shape and possibly attract more attention from scouts.

Written Task: Write a summary of your scouting profile, highlighting why you you're expected to do well in the upcoming draft (250 word min.)
Graphic Task: Show us the cover photo for your scouting file. Must include your render, name, position and nationality.

Reward: $500,000 for doing one of the above

Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S60 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S61) are eligible for this bounty.

There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.

Deadline: Sunday, May 23rd @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2021, 06:50 AM by ConnorM123.)

Doug Glatt has well and truly hit the ground running after the Vancouver Whalers kindly and smartly offered him a deal to play on their defensive unit for the remainder of the season and playoffs. With his +/- being around two to four he is firmly making a difference. Notched 10 hits and 10 Shot blocks he is making a name for himself as being a shutdown defenseman and confirming his hard work and life ambition is paying off. Not only that he has shocked everyone with his offensive output. With some in the team calling him an elite sniper, currently at twenty two percent shot percentage with two vital goals. Also to add onto that has four assists, so Doug has proven he can making a difference on both offense and defense. Doug is looking forward to the playoffs and is working hard to repay the favour and bring the whalers some silverware. With Dougs hot start there is no doubt he is a hot commodity and there will be a number of interested scouts watching closely, but his focus is currently on the whalers and going all the way. Doug is very thankful of the whalers organisation and how they've made him feel completely at home. He would be more than happy to see his name called there in the draft but as mentioned he recognises he will be highly sought after so is excited to see where his permanent home will be. Doug will be a great addition to any franchise, his hard work and determination for his team is invaluable and will be proven time and time again.

274 Words

[Image: uSmunDO.png]

Scouting Profile: Melvin Majestik-Moose
Current Home: Colorado
Position: Right Defender
DFA Team: St. Louis Scarecrows

Scouting Portfolio: Majestik-Moose has done a great job of initiating himself into the league. He’s worked hard with the Scarecrows as a last season roster add, and is trying to help them in their fight for the Four Star Cup. While it isn’t known how well he will do in this avenue, the young defender is working hard during training to get stronger and stronger. Currently the moose has some strong defensive stats, and is working hard at increasing the number of takeaways achieved in games. While the moose is weak in faceoff situations, his positioning and ability to read plays is absolutely wonderful for a brand new skater. In interviews and discussions, the player is very malleable and adaptable to whatever the team might need. While it may take him a bit of time to adjust his skating and abilities, he’s open to any position on the ice, any line, and doing what it takes to be a team player.

Personality Portfolio: Dubbed as “Murder-Moose” in other sports circles, Majestik-Moose has worked hard to shed his previously ‘Bad Boy’ image. While he still is rough around the edges at times, Majestik-Moose has proven himself over and over again as an earner and an excellent athlete. He’s already working hard to make a name for himself in the SHL and has produced numerous press conferences, videos, and tweets to make himself more well-known in league circles. He hasn’t been able to figure out how to transfer his millions into Swedish Krona yet, but this is something that is surely to come sooner than later.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Why should Adelie de Pengu do well in the upcoming juniors draft? Well it all comes down to two words. Natural and pedigree. As a penguin, Adelie is an absolute natural on the ice. He spent most of his life in the ice and snow of the arctic, so he knows his ice balance like the back of his flipper. He simply glides along the ice in ways that few other players can even imagine getting close to. After all he's small and agile. Being small actually helps him in this case because he's a defender. It allows him to slip around other players with ease, setting him up for unique positions for both steals and blocks. It puts him ahead of other defenders that can be easily boxed out by screens. Then we get to the next word. Pedigree. Adelie isn't a new name. He's been in two other leagues playing different sports. He's a well known and gifted athlete who has repeatedly gone above and beyond what was asked of him. He knows exactly what his body has to offer and how to get the most out of it in any given situation. This will give him an edge over lesser known names that haven't been seen in action and don't already have a brand behind them supporting them. Overall, Adelie is an elite overall package. He has a mixture of size, speed, and ability that you simply can't get out of other players because they are not in fact penguins. That alone sets him apart in ways that can't be learned or made up for with practice.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

Sean Stevenson III boasts good size, and already knows how to use it to protect the puck. His balance is impeccable leaving him dominant against the wall. Moreover, like many SMJHL players, Stevenson III plays with some serious grit and never stops competing or bringing the intensity. This is evidenced by his great play in big games. Finally, and this is what really sets Sean apart from many other prospects is how creative he is with the puck for a big guy. He has good hands, and is a proven goal scorer at every level. All his skills, coupled with his character makeup will make Sean an attractive Center for any SMJHL GM come draft day. - Hockeyprospects

Sean is a very aggressive, high energy player, that is a step above all of his peers from Czechia. In the 2020 World Under 18 Championships, Stevenson made a name for himself by scoring timely goals, and for the most part putting on a one man show. He plays a North American style of play, similar to to the likes of Henrik Lekberg Osterman of the San Francisco Pride. I would expect him to go at pick #13 in the draft, just based on the impact he made against his opposition at the World U18 Championships. - Eliteprospects

Capping off a very good 17 yo season in New Orleans, Sean hopes to break into the SMJHL running and make a name for himself quickly to attract SHL GM's. His rough and tumble style of play combined with his natural ability to score while giving the punishment should have teams salivating. It has been a while since we have seen a player with his size and skill on the ice. - Pierre McGuire

I think it's plain and simple when it comes to my scouting profile. I am hands down the best goalie in my class. Lets just look at the numbers. I may not have the wins to back this up, but I can guarantee I do have the raw stats, and the potential to be worth a top draft pick. I have played in 16 regular season games, which admittedly were not the best. In these games I went 3-12-1, again, not the best. I posted 540 saves on 608 shots for a total of a .888 save percentage. In my opinion that's pretty darn good for a DFA. I unfortunately allowed over 4 goals per game, not putting my team in the best position to win. I finished the regular season with a goalie rating of 63. Now follow me, if you will, to the playoffs. I competed in 5 playoff games, losing my first ever playoff series 1-4 to ANC. I posted a 1-3-1 record, again not great. A goals allowed average of just over 3, meh could have been better. You’re probably wondering what I’m even talking about at this point, I mean these are mediocre stats. This is where things get interesting. In the playoffs I ended up with a game rating of EIGHTY SEVEN, a huge increase from the regular season. I also faced, on average, FORTY SEVEN shots per game in this series, which is an absolute shelling. Even through all this, I almost touched Hasek’s numbers with a save percent of .928. I just have one thing to say. You want your franchise to be successful? You get some Willie in your life.

(279 words)

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2021, 11:00 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

Right now Tomas Zadina is expected to do two things:

1.) Take tons of shots. Zadina's bread and butter has always been his shot. Since he was a young player he's been the trigger man on the power play. His spot is the right circle dot.

2.) Backcheck to create odd man rushes. Zadina has been working on this part of his game a lot over the past 3 seasons. One of the top ways to score is to backcheck hard, lift a stick and send the puck back the other way for a 2 on 1. It's about speed, being strong on your stick, and being able to transition the puck as well as a defenseman makes a first pass.

Aside from those things it's really obvious that his ability to cycle the puck, set up teammates and position himself defensively needs a ton of work. The good news is that junior players are pretty shit at defense so that shouldn't be a huge deal. But since that's his biggest weakness you can absolutely expect him to improve on it over the course of the season. Being a one trick pony won't get you far in the SHL so we will probably very quickly see his game evolve into one that incorporates a high impact defensive style to compensate for his lack of defensive IQ and hopefully some simple cycling skills that will no doubt improve as he learns to win board battles and set up his teammates in the slot and on the back door.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]