Create Account

HO Spring Cleaning
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2021, 08:30 PM by luke.)

This season has been really busy for HO. Not only did a couple of HO people, including Nour and I, finish up school, we also have been dealing with a couple of major changes within the league. Trying to navigate expansion as well took up a large amount of time, as well as finishing up what we needed to do for the update scale changes, we left a couple of rules and changes to the side until they were finished. So I am here to explain what changes are being made and why they are being made.

Rulebook changes

Waivers

We are adding onto the waivers ruling as well. At the end of Section II, G, 4 which is
Code:
To submit a waiver claim, the interested SHL team’s GM must navigate to the “Waivers” thread located in the SHL General Manager’s Office subforum, and reply in the thread attempting to claim the player. The rules listed in Section 2, Subsection G, Rule 3 apply here for any team with higher priority who also wishes to submit a claim.

it will now add: GM's must also post the link to the post in the #Waivers channel in the GM Chat within 30 minutes of the waiver post onto the site. If the post in the #Waivers Channel happens after the 30 minutes, that extra time will be added to the 24 hours in which a team can claim that player.

so the new rule is now as follows
Code:
To submit a waiver claim, the interested SHL team’s GM must navigate to the “Waivers” thread located in the SHL General Manager’s Office subforum, and reply in the thread attempting to claim the player. The rules listed in Section 2, Subsection G, Rule 3 apply here for any team with higher priority who also wishes to submit a claim. GM's must also post the link to the post in the #Waivers channel in the GM Chat within 30 minutes of the waiver post onto the site. If the post in the #Waivers Channel happens after the 30 minutes, that extra time will be added to the 24 hours in which a team can claim that player.

How long a GM can go without being on the budget
-GM's and Co-GM's have a 1 season gap between their old player and new player.
      - For example if a GM retires before the TD at S56 they need to have a player for the S58 draft, having a 1 season gap between players
      - If a GM retires at the offseason post at S56, meaning their player played for S57, they need to have a player for the S59 draft, having a 1 season gap between players.
      - The punishment if the GM or Co-GM are not doing this is a 2 mil cap hit immediately, as well as a 4 million fine to both GM's

The punishment is to make it a punishment for not having a player on the team. Normally the cap hit for their send-down will be 500k, so 2 mil will make it that much more of a punishment to try to not have a GM or Co-GM under contract. We also wanted a 1 season gap between their players is also because we understand that people would like some time off between players, take some time off of doing Pt's, training, etc.

How to deal with conditional picks
This rule has pseudo been around for a season or so, but to actually put it into words since the r/hockey recruitment is only once a year now
When you look at Section 1, rule F, there will be an 8th rule to state
Code:
8. General Managers are permitted to trade conditional picks.
    a. Conditions on traded picks must be determinate before a pick is used in the SHL Entry Draft.
    b. If a draft pick is conditional across two or more seasons, the pick must "slide" to the future season.

Distribution:
After talking about it, we are switching the season maximum from 50 to 80 TPE, the rule-book will be changed to reflect the changes to it. So the maximum money that can be $8,000,00, with up to 80 TPE changed.
Position switch stuff
Adding upon the previous rule that was changed, we are adding face-offs to the rule

Code:
When you change your position from Forward to Defenseman, Shooting Accuracy and Faceoffs will be a free redistribution down to 12. After that you must pay to redistribute your TPE. When you change your position from Defenseman to Forward Shot Blocking and Shooting Range will be a free redistribution down to 12, and after that you must pay to redistribute your TPE

In the rulebook of
I.C.f the rulebook states
Code:
Contracts that are 1 season long can only be traded with retained salary after the 25 game mark of the regular season.

The rulebook will now read
Code:
Contracts that are 1 season long can only be traded with retained salary after 50% of the regular season’s game have been played that season

Thank you @MyLittleHexx

In the rulebook of
    II.J.5 for
Code:
An SHL member may only have one active player at a time (see Section 2, Subsection C, Article 1). The punishment for breaking this rule is as follows:

25 game suspension for the SHL member’s earliest active player.

Will be changed to

Code:
An SHL member may only have one active player at a time (see Section 2, Subsection C, Article 1). The punishment for breaking this rule is as follows:

33 game suspension for the SHL member’s earliest active player.

Other Changes to the league

How to handle FA’s

This offseason will be different from last season in the way we handle FA’s. I can say that the way we handle who are FA’s and RFA’s are lackluster to say the least. Which is why we are going to be changing that in the offseason.  We are going to be created a subforum where we will do a couple things

At the offseason post, HO with the help of the budget team, will be going through each team and putting the upcoming UFA’s and RFA’s into that subforum(split by UFA and RFA), along with the general list of those UFA’s and RFA’s. When the GM either extend their player, or sign that player during free agency, then the GM will move that player back onto their roster. When the GM signs the player as well, we will update that post showing their former team and the team they went to

For example

Manhattan Rage
Free Agents:
[S43] Luke Thomason Rage -> Riot

We hope that it will help with the hype of Free Agency, spawning off some more articles, but also keeps people in the loop of who are Free Agents and who aren't. Just more activity through the forums and keeping things more organized. We have seen especially last offseason that the only way to promote that they were free agents was through the media, which is encouraged. But it will be another resource for people as well.

What counts as a rookie goalie

To account for goalies that are playing many seasons as a send-down but get called up as a backup. With the 12 game minimum for a back-up goalie, the old rules for what counts as a rookie goalie is restrictive to many goalies that want to have a true rookie season. The change will be

Code:
An SHL goaltender is considered a rookie when they started more than the minimum backup required games in 1 season

GM Misc

For public information, there will be a channel where when someone makes a thread to bid for an IFA, it will pop up there so that GM's are also informed a bit quicker on when an IFA bidding starts. It is still on the GM to continue to look at that thread for when teams outbid them.

Also see the Waivers ruling up above as well, as that will effect them as well

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Wing Wang +2 TPE

FA Hype! I love it

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Congrats to whoever finished school that's huge. I don't really have anything actually relevant to say.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Love the FA changes, much more clarity and agreed, encourages media on it!

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

hope you enjoy seattle

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Code:
Contracts that are 1 season long can only be traded with retained salary after 50% of the regular season’s game left

Is it just me or does this sentence get less and less clear every time you read it. The more I read it, the more my brain tries to convince me it isn't a complete sentence

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Dang was hoping spring cleaning meant Luke was fired

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

05-20-2021, 04:12 PMMyLittleHexx Wrote:
Code:
Contracts that are 1 season long can only be traded with retained salary after 50% of the regular season’s game left

Is it just me or does this sentence get less and less clear every time you read it. The more I read it, the more my brain tries to convince me it isn't a complete sentence

Instead of bumping it from 25 games to 33 games, we wanted to make it more future proof, so we did 50%

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

05-20-2021, 04:28 PMluketd Wrote:
05-20-2021, 04:12 PMMyLittleHexx Wrote:
Code:

Instead of bumping it from 25 games to 33 games, we wanted to make it more future proof, so we did 50%
I understand the intent, the wording of it is just messing me up for some reason. Something like "Contracts that are 1 season long can only be traded with retained salary after 50% of the regular season’s game have been played that season" would be more clear from my point of view

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

05-20-2021, 04:10 PMEvok Wrote: hope you enjoy seattle
Luke really tampered himself to Seattle

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

Yesssss clearer info on upcoming FAs!

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

05-20-2021, 04:54 PMMyLittleHexx Wrote:
05-20-2021, 04:28 PMluketd Wrote: Instead of bumping it from 25 games to 33 games, we wanted to make it more future proof, so we did 50%
I understand the intent, the wording of it is just messing me up for some reason. Something like "Contracts that are 1 season long can only be traded with retained salary after 50% of the regular season’s game have been played that season" would be more clear from my point of view
Yeah. The current new rule is definitely feeling like it is written by someone with the English skills of a Dutch farmer.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

I finished school Smile

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

05-20-2021, 06:24 PMMutedfaith Wrote:
05-20-2021, 04:54 PMMyLittleHexx Wrote: I understand the intent, the wording of it is just messing me up for some reason. Something like "Contracts that are 1 season long can only be traded with retained salary after 50% of the regular season’s game have been played that season" would be more clear from my point of view
Yeah. The current new rule is definitely feeling like it is written by someone with the English skills of a Dutch farmer.

yeah it reads like it was written by luke

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]