Create Account

New Team Japan Federation Heads AMA

[Image: WEhBjA7.png]

In a surprise to maybe a few people, both @minnesotafine and myself will be stepping in to take over as the new co-federation heads of Team Japan. This is to serve as both an official announcement and give anybody an opportunity to ask any questions to either of us. Before that, I want to give @O4L and @Kylrad huge thank you's for their time with the team and having led Japan to a Silver Medal relatively recently in S55. Hopefully we can fill some huge shoes and aim for some success ourselves.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Interview Quick overlook of the team... how do you see us progressing through the next few IIHF tournaments?
Interview Which Japan prospects do you think will be tournament MVPs in the future?
Interview Klompus is now a forward... can we bench Westbroek?

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 08:49 AM by Evil_AllBran.)

Japan Japan Japan

Marry bang kill

Orihime, Rukia, Yoruichi

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

@Nhamlet How many jobs will be enough jobs.  

@"Minnesotafine" Congrats on the gig!  What are you hoping to get out of being a Fed Head

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

05-21-2021, 08:31 AMToast Wrote: Interview Quick overlook of the team... how do you see us progressing through the next few IIHF tournaments?
Interview Which Japan prospects do you think will be tournament MVPs in the future?
1. For 1-2 seasons I see us finishing in the mid-pack, like 6 or 7, but since your team is fairly young still I can see us competing for medals in a couple seasons as our J players keep progressing. 

2. Looking at our younger players, Shion Okamoto is a great rising defenseman and all around great guy, Videl Valor is incredibly active and continuing to get better (and I really want him to get drafted this draft), Kou Saotome is playing great in Kelowna, and I guesssssssss I need to put Matty in there too. But the future in general looks bright in Japan! (except for Tez  Wink )

3. Nah we can keep J, tbh we may need you to make the old man look good

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

05-21-2021, 08:47 AMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: Marry bang kill

Orihime, Rukia, Yoruichi
Marry Orihime, Bang Yoruichi, Kill Rukia

05-21-2021, 08:50 AMPatty Wrote: @Nhamlet How many jobs will be enough jobs.  

@"Minnesotafine" Congrats on the gig!  What are you hoping to get out of being a Fed Head
I really want to help push a team to success, as well as bring more general awareness to the IIHF and WJC. A lot of people see it as just a distraction but I want to try and really get people to participate, tune in to the games, and take pride in their country. Hopefully I'm able to make Japan proud. Plus getting to work with Ham more is icing on the cake.

Japan

Why

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

05-21-2021, 10:11 AMhhh81 Wrote: Why
Why Not

Question for @"Minnesotafine" : Usually, it's the other way around - Chinese, Japanese and South Korean ex-pats tend to play for Russia at the international level. You, however, took the opposite road, and decided to represent Japan at the IIHF level. What made you take this decision?

Question for @Nhamlet : With the original generation of Japan slowly getting older, what are your plans to replenish the IIHF team with enough talent to compete for a medal?

(Also, congrats to you both!)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Great question @KlusteR ! For me it was about the opportunity. Russia has done a great job of stocking with young talent, making my path forward a bit trickier. I saw a great opportunity in Japan to join and help build a young core to compete for the future.

I'm very slowly getting through these...

05-21-2021, 08:31 AMToast Wrote: Interview Quick overlook of the team... how do you see us progressing through the next few IIHF tournaments?

- I think this team has always been capable of some impressive performance. We've largely hit what I think will be our ideal window thus far between the veterans on the team who are still in prime condition, as well as a combination of a variety of younger players who are stepping into bigger supporting roles...It's hard not to dream of gold but continuing to place in the medal stages is something I'm aiming for, despite the extremely tough competition out there.

- Off the bat, the trio of Shion Okamoto (@lmao), Ryuuji Kawashima (@raven) and Satoru Gojō (@Matty7478) are talents that I cannot wait to see wear a Nippon jersey. That being said there's still time before that can grow into the dominant players that I can see them becoming for our national team.

- Klompus being a forward is interesting, he just might be able to cover for Westbroek's defensive deficiencies given Klompus' seasons of experience playing on the back end, and witnessing just how much Martijn cheats regularly on shifts. Unfortunately his agent @JNH wouldn't be happy with one of point producing leaders riding the pine so we'll have to keep playing him for now...

05-21-2021, 08:47 AMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: Marry bang kill

Orihime, Rukia, Yoruichi

What that's not even a question

Marry Orihime
Bang Yoruichi
Kill Rukia

05-21-2021, 08:50 AMPatty Wrote: @Nhamlet How many jobs will be enough jobs.  

I'm planning on gathering all of the departments like the Infinity Gauntlet or something

05-21-2021, 10:11 AMhhh81 Wrote: Why

Well yes but

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

@"Minnesotafine" hey sota not sure if u still taking questions but firstly, congrats on the job brother!

so a few questions to you if you're still down to answer them:

1. How do u get the beeg yoshi?

2. As the Japanese Federation Head, I feel like you are qualified enough to answer these questions, so here goes: Is "Pingu In The City" the greatest anime of this past decade? Also what is the best anime OP of all time?

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

05-24-2021, 12:43 AMbdu754 Wrote: @"Minnesotafine" hey sota not sure if u still taking questions but firstly, congrats on the job brother!

so a few questions to you if you're still down to answer them:

1. How do u get the beeg yoshi?

2. As the Japanese Federation Head, I feel like you are qualified enough to answer these questions, so here goes: Is "Pingu In The City" the greatest anime of this past decade? Also what is the best anime OP of all time?
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbc2LUAP6G4

2. I mean I'm gonna say Dragon Ball Super but that's probably just nostalgia talking. And best anime OP, well, ITS TIME TO D-D-D-D-DDDDDDDDDDUEL.