Create Account

Shuffleboard not at USA Camp
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2021, 10:11 PM by mee.)

Breaking News:
This is Dale Murphy with some breaking news.
Johnny Shuffleboard is not going to report to the IIHF Team USA Tryouts. This will mark the first time he has not attended a USA event since he joined the SHL. He failed to make the WJC team prior to his draft season but still attended the WJC camp. For the remainder of his J career Shuffleboard was a member of the USA WJC team.

Shuffleboard was pretty well decorated as a junior for Team USA. He won a gold medal in his first, with 2 goals during round robin play. He notched 2 assists in the medal round and scored a goal in the Gold Medal game to give the USA a 3-1 lead.
In his second season on Team USA, the team struggled and fell to Canada in the first round. Shuffleboard had 3 points in the 12 round robin games.
In his third season, Team USA won silver. Shuffleboard put up just one goal in the round robin, but had 3 points (1-2-3) in the three elimination games. They fell to Canada in the final.
In his fourth and final season, the WJC decided to split Team USA and Team Canada into two teams. Shuffleboard played for Team USA Red, putting up a personal round robin high 7 points (2-5-7), good for second on the team. They fell to Finland in the quarterfinals.

Shuffleboard has yet to make the IIHF USA roster. While last season it was to be expected with him being a rookie, this season there was some hope for him. But he, as of now, will not be attending camp. Is he going to play for another country? If he does it would be the end of him competing for Team USA, he would be stuck with the new team for the rest of his career.

Shuffleboard gave me just one statement when I pressed him for one. "I will do whatever is best for me and my career, both international and domestic."

More than that I cannot comment on. He did not tell me if he was transfer offers or not, or where he would like to transfer to.

With that,
This has been Dale Murphy
Piece out

-----------

375 words (2x media week!)

UPDATE: You'd almost think that a 1.1K player might be wanted at least a little bit. LMAO.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

Ok

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]