Create Account

[SJHN] Round Two Preview

[Image: f6863WJ.png?width=941&height=290]
It’s been a bit too long since you heard from us. We did have some good news preventing us from doing more, but time to cash in on the double everything week. We break down the upcoming quarterfinal matchups. (Update: Turns out I’m going solo here, both Dex and Arkz are too busy to join me. So come take #ShuffsTake for what it is).
 Knights  #1 Kelowna Knights  Knights vs  Whalers #10 Vancouver Whalers  Whalers
The Whalers, riding high from an upset of the Kraken will be heavy underdogs in this one. The Knights absolutely destroyed the league this season, with the league's best offense and second best defense. With those two things, they have a league best +118 goal differential. The season series between these two teams went 5-1 to Kelowna which is not to be surprised given these two teams’ records. Cian McFelter of the Knights came second in the league in scoring, with 62 points, Alexis St. Michel led the Whalers with 42. I’m rooting for the Whalers of course, but I’ll predict, Knights in six.
 Berserkers #2 Newfoundland Berserkers  Berserkers vs  Timber #9 Maine Timer  Timber
Maine had no issue with Anaheim dropping them in four games. Anaheim perhaps falling back to earth from their high PDO season. But the Berserkers are a much tougher task. Newfoundland boasts the league’s third best offense and the best defense. It results in them having the second best goal differential in the league. Jesse Trudeau led the Berserkers with 64 points, Jonny Tsunami led the Timber with 34. The Timber did have 5 players over 30 points, they went with a depth scoring approach. The Berserkers are the superior team in this one, but I think the Timber are able to give them a run for their money. Berserkers in six.
 Falcons #3 Detroit Falcons  Falcons vs Citadelles  #6 Quebec City Citadels  Citadelles
Quebec had some trouble with St. Louis, falling behind 3-1 before catching up. Quebec is hurting a bit from graduations, and Detroit is starting to find their stride. Detroit had a home record of 24-8-1, I’m almost willing to pencil in Detroit to win all their home games this series. Quebec was solid at home with a 20-13, but on the road they went 15-18, further cementing my pick of Detroit to win all their home games. Kermit Murphy led Detroit with 57 points, also leading the league with 30 goals. He’s someone to look out for. On the QCC side, Igor Petrov put up 58 points, and Mew Two was second in the league in goals with 28. There is plenty of topend firepower in this series, I’d expect to see the first lines winning the series. I’m picking the Falcons to take one of games 3 or 4 in Quebec and winning all three shots at home, Falcons in five.
 Raptors  #4 Colorado Raptors  Raptors vs  Armada #5 Anchorage Armada Armada
Anchorage had the better record this season, actually the second best in the league, but due to being in the same division as Kelowna, had to play Nevada in the first round and go on the road to Colorado. On the bright side, with Anchorage getting the 5 seed, they can avoid Kelowna until the finals, which means we can have a real final this season! Plenty of work to be done until there though. Anchorage is certainly the favorite here, they put up 11 more points than Colorado over the season. Colorado had just a +9 goal differential, Anchorage was +83. Pablo Salvatici led Anchorage with 69 points, Colorado was led by Sonata Diamante with 48. Yanno Rosejac can steal games in net for Colorado, he may be their only hope. I’ll pick Armada in six I’m too scared of Rosejace to pick Armada in any less.

I didn’t really predict too many upsets, and only seeing my take probably isn’t as much fun as comparing what the three of us have to say. We may be back for the semi-finals, we also may not be. Either way, hope you enjoyed. Good luck to all those playing!
-----------------
669 words. 2x everything week

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

My boy Miles O'Brien is going to provide clutch depth scoring for Maine. Timber in 7.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]