Create Account

Tighten up the rules surrounding FAs in the SMJHL

05-24-2021, 02:10 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
05-24-2021, 02:09 PMKeygan Wrote: Klownona

Boom Wilson

I thought you were out of here? Maybe you’re a little salty over the post too if you keep climbing back in here.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2021, 03:05 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

05-24-2021, 02:17 PMKeygan Wrote:
05-24-2021, 02:10 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Boom Wilson

I thought you were out of here? Maybe you’re a little salty over the post too if you keep climbing back in here.

Any reason why your running in here like his +1 and defendin? Booms admitted this looks biased, and the timing of this post is interesting.. those pointing the finger at as an example can come in an call that out.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Can we calm the fuck down and please keep it civil based on the topic at hand.

Thank you @boom this is something we are actively looking into now to try to asses the best way to keep active players more involved and prioritized based on the spirit of the SMJHL

I think it raises a good point. The J should be all about developing players and making them regular contributors to the site. Having a group of semi activea dominate the league has the opposite effect imo.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

05-24-2021, 02:24 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
05-24-2021, 02:17 PMKeygan Wrote: I thought you were out of here? Maybe you’re a little salty over the post too if you keep climbing back in here.

Any reason why your running in here like his +1 and defending him? He’s admitted this is biased, those he’s pointing the finger at as an example can come in an call that out.

Sorry each of us have made enough friends to have someone to have our backs, must be an unfamiliar concept.

May appear bias and having a bias are two wildly different things.

It’s just weird that a as champion of the people you’re vehemently defending benching your active goalie for an inactive.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

05-24-2021, 01:20 PMMike Izzy Wrote: #Salt

You and I both know you wouldn't give a shit about this if your precious players legacy wasn't involved. Some of us are actually interested in improving the experience of first gens and J players, you clearly don't belong here.

@boom I'm with you, and it's an awkward spot for sure. I'm fully on board with discord active AFAs, and love what they bring to a locker room, but it gets real sketchy when trades start happening. I walked the walk, as VAN saw, where I benched my IFAs for DFAs, although that's an expectation I won't out on every team. Something needs touched up with the fuzzy IFA-AFA line to contain some of this for sure. Either directly addressing the trading/rentals, or rosters as a whole - though expansion, send down budgets, and update scale changes might reduce the number of AFAs in general.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

05-24-2021, 02:29 PMKeygan Wrote:
05-24-2021, 02:24 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Any reason why your running in here like his +1 and defending him? He’s admitted this is biased, those he’s pointing the finger at as an example can come in an call that out.

Sorry each of us have made enough friends to have someone to have our backs, must be an unfamiliar concept.

May appear bias and having a bias are two wildly different things.

It’s just weird that a as champion of the people you’re vehemently defending benching your active goalie for an inactive.

Your a silly dude Keegan, I don’t ask and or need anyone to come in to a post for me. Maybe that’s how you dudes do it. Anyway, The post may have validity … it’s just salty too.

I’ll leave now. (Don’t @ me)

Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2021, 02:40 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

05-24-2021, 02:30 PMsve7en Wrote:
05-24-2021, 01:20 PMMike Izzy Wrote: #Salt

You and I both know you wouldn't give a shit about this if your precious players legacy wasn't involved. Some of us are actually interested in improving the experience of first gens and J players, you clearly don't belong here.

@boom I'm with you, and it's an awkward spot for sure. I'm fully on board with discord active AFAs, and love what they bring to a locker room, but it gets real sketchy when trades start happening. I walked the walk, as VAN saw, where I benched my IFAs for DFAs, although that's an expectation I won't out on every team. Something needs touched up with the fuzzy IFA-AFA line to contain some of this for sure. Either directly addressing the trading/rentals, or rosters as a whole - though expansion, send down budgets, and update scale changes might reduce the number of AFAs in general.

Legacy?

Wanna talk about legacy?

7 is a horrific team mate video .. coming  this summer

Fuck off

Cool

Knights|Dragons|Austria

05-24-2021, 02:14 PMwumaduce Wrote: The IA goalie being played over an active goalie is a problem, for sure.

Inf1d3l already covered the majority of things, primarily the need for people to chill and how we're currently developing a solution to this. Thanks again Boom, we're always happy to get suggestions on how to improve things.

As for the issue of playing an IA G over an Active one, we're looking at this as well. One immediate concern of ours is that mandating teams play any Active Goalie over IA Goalies for playoffs can handicap teams. An immediate potential fear of this is disincentivizing teams from taking on active goalies that are worse than their current IA Goalies. However, we're still working on the situation as a whole and hope to develop things to work best for everyone.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

05-24-2021, 02:36 PMMike Izzy Wrote: I’ll leave now. (Don’t @ me)

@Mike Izzy

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

05-24-2021, 02:40 PMRagnar Wrote:
05-24-2021, 02:36 PMMike Izzy Wrote: I’ll leave now. (Don’t @ me)

@Mike Izzy

You can @me

Cheers

Knights|Dragons|Austria

How did we let an actual 5 year old become GM of Calgary

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Valid concern, I’ve heard it mention earlier in the season in our LR. Seems like an easy work around for a GM that should be fixed.

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2021, 02:46 PM by FuzzSHL.)

05-24-2021, 02:37 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
05-24-2021, 02:30 PMsve7en Wrote: You and I both know you wouldn't give a shit about this if your precious players legacy wasn't involved. Some of us are actually interested in improving the experience of first gens and J players, you clearly don't belong here.

Legacy?

Wanna talk about legacy?

Fuck off

Cool

First of all: 7 is not only of the best teammates I've ever had the privilege of having in this site, but is also one of the most dedicated GMs out there in terms of doing what he can to help make everyone's experience the best that it can be.

Secondly: I'll echo what Infidel said earlier: be civil. This topic is being discussed as we speak on a variety of different levels. There is no finger pointing or anything to that effect going on.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

05-24-2021, 02:37 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Legacy?

Wanna talk about legacy?

Fuck off

Cool

Izzy you know I got no problem with you man, but can we cool it please. The point boom brings up is a valid concern, and no one team is being purposefully targeted right now by him brining it up. And even if a team was, it's not like we can vacate wins or anything, we can attempt to help alleviate the issue and move forward in the fairness of the league as best we can.

Please keep it civil bud