Create Account

Tighten up the rules surrounding FAs in the SMJHL

05-24-2021, 02:37 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
05-24-2021, 02:14 PMwumaduce Wrote: The IA goalie being played over an active goalie is a problem, for sure.

Inf1d3l already covered the majority of things, primarily the need for people to chill and how we're currently developing a solution to this. Thanks again Boom, we're always happy to get suggestions on how to improve things.

As for the issue of playing an IA G over an Active one, we're looking at this as well. One immediate concern of ours is that mandating teams play any Active Goalie over IA Goalies for playoffs can handicap teams. An immediate potential fear of this is disincentivizing teams from taking on active goalies that are worse than their current IA Goalies. However, we're still working on the situation as a whole and hope to develop things to work best for everyone.

Anyone who would try to circumvent those rules by intentionally not signing an active G, despite them being available should not be a Js GM.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

On the topic at hand:

I actually was under the (false) impression trading for someone who was IA at that time would have them count as IA, despite signing their contract earlier in the season. Mostly because I believe that's how it should be to prevent the loading up on technically IAs at TDL by teams already playing multiple high TPE IAs in the first place.

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

05-24-2021, 02:49 PMInf1d3l Wrote:
05-24-2021, 02:37 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Legacy?

Wanna talk about legacy?

7 is a horrific team mate video .. coming  this summer

Fuck off

Cool

Izzy you know I got no problem with you man, but can we cool it please. The point boom brings up is a valid concern, and no one team is being purposefully targeted right now by him brining it up. And even if a team was, it's not like we can vacate wins or anything, we can attempt to help alleviate the issue and move forward in the fairness of the league as best we can.

Please keep it civil bud
Especially since KEL wasn't doing anything illegal under the current ruleset, so I'm not saying they need to be forfeiting wins or anything. They haven't broken any rules, it's just that the rules we have have potential issues on display.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2021, 04:39 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

05-24-2021, 02:49 PMInf1d3l Wrote:
05-24-2021, 02:37 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Legacy?

Wanna talk about legacy?

7 is a horrific team mate video .. coming  this summer

Fuck off

Cool

Izzy you know I got no problem with you man, but can we cool it please. The point boom brings up is a valid concern, and no one team is being purposefully targeted right now by him brining it up. And even if a team was, it's not like we can vacate wins or anything, we can attempt to help alleviate the issue and move forward in the fairness of the league as best we can.

Please keep it civil bud

Alright fair enough…

Like I said the claim could be valid .. but I defend my guys and this didn’t need to be posted today, 2 hours after our 1st win against booms old team…  it came across to me as shitting on us …making any run alittle less valid.. if I was wrong about that…then I apologize.

I’ll move out of here and you guys can talk about the issue.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

05-24-2021, 02:52 PMMutedfaith Wrote: On the topic at hand:

I actually was under the (false) impression trading for someone who was IA at that time would have them count as IA, despite signing their contract earlier in the season. Mostly because I believe that's how it should be to prevent the loading up on technically IAs at TDL by teams already playing multiple high TPE IAs  in the first place.

Technically based on the (current) letter of the rulebook(s) that player is still considered on an "active" contract. Which is the part we're looking into right now

I think the best answer is to reward teams/GM for player retention. The DSFL is trying that (as I'm sure you guys know) with extra Bots for teams that lose a lot of players. That doesn't work here, and has some flaws there too, but I think the answer has to be a reward for retaining player activity.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

05-24-2021, 02:55 PMmee Wrote: I think the best answer is to reward teams/GM for player retention. The DSFL is trying that (as I'm sure you guys know) with extra Bots for teams that lose a lot of players. That doesn't work here, and has some flaws there too, but I think the answer has to be a reward for retaining  player activity.

make goalies bots tbh

05-24-2021, 03:51 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:
05-24-2021, 02:55 PMmee Wrote: I think the best answer is to reward teams/GM for player retention. The DSFL is trying that (as I'm sure you guys know) with extra Bots for teams that lose a lot of players. That doesn't work here, and has some flaws there too, but I think the answer has to be a reward for retaining  player activity.

make goalies bots tbh

Remove goalies, whoever has the most SOG wins

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I guess I have a question. Are the RL active -- but site inactive -- players doing the league wrong?

I understand that we want to develop players specifically FOR the SHL, but if a player wants a low-effort presence in the sim and a community to hang around and be involved in, is it such a bad thing that they cap out at 425 and then stop posting on site? Also, wouldnt the current KEL situation yield the same amount of active players per team? Is this player experience valid, or not? And furthermore, can players not take long breaks in their career to address real life stuff? I think we've all seen players dip for a season or two.

these are all probing questions, so please dont take them as accusatory. But defining activity is not always an easy thing to do, and furthermore defining how active and in what way players are allowed to be active seems not only tricky, but laden with landmines. Just from what Boom describes, I have a hard time determining if this is exploitative or just being accommodating for a handful of players who dont seem interested in the bigs. I know little of the situation and I don't follow the SMJHL too closely.

I am wary of a league that demands your attention and activity. It's one thing to require grind and effort to build your player and have a long and successful career. It's quite another to set the bar of entry so high.

To me, as long as someone is in my locker room, i wouldn't have a problem with them being site inactive. That's still engagement and that's still community.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

05-24-2021, 02:06 PMluketd Wrote:
05-24-2021, 01:57 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Boom …last 2 posts I’ve seen of you’rs has you demanding that all Wilson sigs be taken down.. and if they don’t agree with ya there gonna ‘die on your hill’ …

followed by the long time GM of the whalers…2 hours after #killowna wins game 1 against them throwing some shade on a hard working squad.

Your a salty bastard lol … and #killowna is going to put the whalers to sleep for the season.

Izz-

when was the last time #killowna won a cup. #vancouver won 3 since then....

really makes you think

Oof, that hurts Luke...

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

@Keygan

Quote:Sorry each of us have made enough friends to have someone to have our backs, must be an unfamiliar concept.

Izzy knows he has lots of people that support him, but that was a solid attempt at trying to put him down. I feel exceptionally lucky that I didn't land with any of these clown GMs, I couldn't imagine being around someone like that on a day to day basis.

@sve7en

Quote:You and I both know you wouldn't give a shit about this if your precious players legacy wasn't involved. Some of us are actually interested in improving the experience of first gens and J players, you clearly don't belong here.

What does this even mean? Throwing a negative connotation on someone who values their time and effort put into the site? That makes literally zero sense. The second part is also a complete joke, and it makes you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about. You should probably stick to making podcasts where you talk over everybody. Maybe next week you'll actually figure out how to equalize your $500 microphone.

______

I don't know enough about the site and the rules to comment on the actual purpose of this thread, but I'm not gonna sit here and watch someone I respect get beat up on by a bunch of goofballs.

05-24-2021, 04:10 PMKierkan Wrote: @Keygan

Quote:Sorry each of us have made enough friends to have someone to have our backs, must be an unfamiliar concept.

Izzy knows he has lots of people that support him, but that was a solid attempt at trying to put him down. I feel exceptionally lucky that I didn't land with any of these clown GMs, I couldn't imagine being around someone like that on a day to day basis.

@sve7en

Quote:You and I both know you wouldn't give a shit about this if your precious players legacy wasn't involved. Some of us are actually interested in improving the experience of first gens and J players, you clearly don't belong here.

What does this even mean? Throwing a negative connotation on someone who values their time and effort put into the site? That makes literally zero sense. The second part is also a complete joke, and it makes you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about. You should probably stick to making podcasts where you talk over everybody. Maybe next week you'll actually figure out how to equalize your $500 microphone.

______

I don't know enough about the site and the rules to comment on the actual purpose of this thread, but I'm not gonna sit here and watch someone I respect get beat up on by a bunch of goofballs.
Maybe the guy you respect shouldn't come in with some stupid takes.

[Image: 336.jpg]

amazing how 1 person derailed this suggestion that everyone else is agreeing with

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

05-24-2021, 04:00 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: I guess I have a question. Are the RL active -- but site inactive -- players doing the league wrong?

I understand that we want to develop players specifically FOR the SHL, but if a player wants a low-effort presence in the sim and a community to hang around and be involved in, is it such a bad thing that they cap out at 425 and then stop posting on site? Also, wouldnt the current KEL situation yield the same amount of active players per team? Is this player experience valid, or not? And furthermore, can players not take long breaks in their career to address real life stuff? I think we've all seen players dip for a season or two.

these are all probing questions, so please dont take them as accusatory. But defining activity is not always an easy thing to do, and furthermore defining how active and in what way players are allowed to be active seems not only tricky, but laden with landmines. Just from what Boom describes, I have a hard time determining if this is exploitative or just being accommodating for a handful of players who dont seem interested in the bigs. I know little of the situation and I don't follow the SMJHL too closely.

I am wary of a league that demands your attention and activity. It's one thing to require grind and effort to build your player and have a long and successful career. It's quite another to set the bar of entry so high.

To me, as long as someone is in my locker room, i wouldn't have a problem with them being site inactive. That's still engagement and that's still community.

/thread