Create Account

Tighten up the rules surrounding FAs in the SMJHL

If you want to bitch at each other take it to TD.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

05-24-2021, 04:17 PMPatty Wrote: If you want to bitch at each other take it to TD.

only if you start it

05-24-2021, 04:04 PMKatth Wrote:
05-24-2021, 02:06 PMluketd Wrote: when was the last time #killowna won a cup. #vancouver won 3 since then....

really makes you think

Oof, that hurts Luke...

booom roasted

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

05-24-2021, 04:17 PMMrRuihu Wrote:
05-24-2021, 04:00 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: I guess I have a question. Are the RL active -- but site inactive -- players doing the league wrong?

I understand that we want to develop players specifically FOR the SHL, but if a player wants a low-effort presence in the sim and a community to hang around and be involved in, is it such a bad thing that they cap out at 425 and then stop posting on site? Also, wouldnt the current KEL situation yield the same amount of active players per team? Is this player experience valid, or not? And furthermore, can players not take long breaks in their career to address real life stuff? I think we've all seen players dip for a season or two.

these are all probing questions, so please dont take them as accusatory. But defining activity is not always an easy thing to do, and furthermore defining how active and in what way players are allowed to be active seems not only tricky, but laden with landmines. Just from what Boom describes, I have a hard time determining if this is exploitative or just being accommodating for a handful of players who dont seem interested in the bigs. I know little of the situation and I don't follow the SMJHL too closely.

I am wary of a league that demands your attention and activity. It's one thing to require grind and effort to build your player and have a long and successful career. It's quite another to set the bar of entry so high.

To me, as long as someone is in my locker room, i wouldn't have a problem with them being site inactive. That's still engagement and that's still community.

/thread

but i have unanswered questions

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

05-24-2021, 04:19 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
05-24-2021, 04:17 PMMrRuihu Wrote: /thread

but i have unanswered questions

I said /thread

05-24-2021, 04:20 PMMrRuihu Wrote:
05-24-2021, 04:19 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: but i have unanswered questions

I said /thread
yes daddy

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2021, 04:24 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

05-24-2021, 04:16 PMsteveoiscool Wrote: amazing how 1 person derailed this suggestion that everyone else is agreeing with

I don’t disagree Steve.. I just claimed boom was being salty and the timing of the post was rough .. I said my peace but with any post you get allot of guys jumping in for there side… 7 guys jumped my opinion.. I can’t help that.

if you were on Kelowna would you like the longtime gm of the team we’re playing posting a built in excuse for them and trying to invalidate our playoff run as we just begin? .. that’s how it looked from our perspective … 

#

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I'm just here to peep the thread roster...

05-24-2021, 04:24 PMRandominoe Wrote: I'm just here to pee

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

@hotdog bout to make me go IA again

05-24-2021, 04:00 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: I guess I have a question. Are the RL active -- but site inactive -- players doing the league wrong?

I understand that we want to develop players specifically FOR the SHL, but if a player wants a low-effort presence in the sim and a community to hang around and be involved in, is it such a bad thing that they cap out at 425 and then stop posting on site? Also, wouldnt the current KEL situation yield the same amount of active players per team? Is this player experience valid, or not? And furthermore, can players not take long breaks in their career to address real life stuff? I think we've all seen players dip for a season or two.

these are all probing questions, so please dont take them as accusatory. But defining activity is not always an easy thing to do, and furthermore defining how active and in what way players are allowed to be active seems not only tricky, but laden with landmines. Just from what Boom describes, I have a hard time determining if this is exploitative or just being accommodating for a handful of players who dont seem interested in the bigs. I know little of the situation and I don't follow the SMJHL too closely.

I am wary of a league that demands your attention and activity. It's one thing to require grind and effort to build your player and have a long and successful career. It's quite another to set the bar of entry so high.

To me, as long as someone is in my locker room, i wouldn't have a problem with them being site inactive. That's still engagement and that's still community.

100% agree with this the whole way through

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Fuckin lol

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

05-24-2021, 04:32 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:

100% agree with this the whole way through

thanks for ur opinion

[Image: 3.png]

im gonna win the cup

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2021, 05:03 PM by Nhamlet.)

I can't imagine a single person disagreeing with the idea of keeping the SHL accessible to everybody regardless of commitment level. I know that most J teams have at least a player or so like that. Newfoundland has one who opted to go to 425 and no further because they didn't want to commit to much more, as well as another user who hit the 425 cap just before the end of their 5th regular season in the J.

I think why some concern arises is that majority of J teams have a few players in this boat. Kelowna (and again not accusing them specifically of malicious intent) has about 5.

Ultimately they may just happen to have numerous people coincidentally in that same boat. It does look worse when it ends up being a collection of overaged players. Along with trying to judge for ourselves to what end of the spectrum of development vs competitiveness is acceptable makes it a murkier discussion.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]