Create Account

S59 DFA Bounties #3 - The Future

Breezing through the playoffs, and already to our third DFA bounty:

With playoff hockey going on in the league, you can feel the excitement in the air and your draft, the real start of your SMJHL career, coming closer. It makes you wonder where this could all lead to eventually..

Written Task: What are your goals in the leagues? Long term, mid term, short term; what are you hoping to accomplish with your player, or hoping to find on the teams you join. Are you looking for individual succes, and maybe even a HoF induction, or will you focus on team success?  (250 word min.)
Graphic Task: Create a hockeycard for your player, including at least your render, name and the logo of an SHL team you could see yourself playing for.

Reward: $500,000 for doing one of the above

Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S60 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S61) are eligible for this bounty.

There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.

Deadline: Sunday, May 30th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Adelie de Pengu's goals in the league are very well documented at this point through media. He wants to to be the best little penguin that could and after his football careers, he wants to be just as good on the ice. In the end though I suppose what really matters though is what my goals are as a user and the reality is I have no idea. I came into this league as a completely blank slate. I know nothing about the league and I know nothing about the sport. I do not really have any goals here. I joined just to hang out and meet new people. I learned from my other sim leagues that these places are great for their communities and I figured the SHL was just one more community for me. I have never paid any attention to my players in any league I have been in. They just aren't what is important to me. The people are more important. That is a big part of why I went defender or specifically a defensive defender. I don't care about goals or crazy stats, I'm just here to chill. What that usually means is that I am willing to do whatever my team needs me to do. That tends to be my style because I don't usually pay that close of attention. If the team is happy, I am happy. That means playing any role at any spot at any time. Changing positions is something I'm open to, changing styles is something I'm open to. My goals in this league are to enjoy my people with good people, so whatever my GMs need with my player is completely up to them.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

I wouldn't say I have exact goals that need to be achieved, I'd more so say things that I'd love to happen throughout Glatts career. Short team goal it would be fantastic to cap off the short but sweet time I have had with the vancouver whalers organisation in going all the way to the finals and winning it. It would be great to help out in bringing some success back to vancouver as a thank you of giving me a great home over these past couple of weeks and helped him settle into the weekly routines of the league. Mid term is wherever Glatt is drafted, for it to be somewhere that has a use for him and is a lovely and welcoming home. The locker room is the biggest part of team and that matters most to me over wins, if the LR is a great place to be wins tend to follow on from that. It would be great for Glatt to improve and win an award at some point but that is not the priority, a great LR and possibly some silverware along the way in the Junior leagues would cap off a fantastic start to a career to build on. Long term the goals are exactly similar team wise, great locker room of people and hopefully win some trophies along the way. HOF would be the ultimate prize to cap off a great career and something I'd love my player to do, but if it's not the case then so be it, as long as the experience is an enjoyable one and capped off with a few great wins and silverware for the teams that have took the chance on him then I will be more than happy.

[Image: uSmunDO.png]

When initially joining the SHL I think I was looking for a chill place that would be fun to hang out and meet some folks at. Also, as I’m from the ISFL originally, I had hoped the sim here might be a bit more competitive then our current iteration in the ISFL and lend itself to a more competitive season and sim league experience. I was also hoping to have a “no stress” league. Somewhere where I am not involved with management or team leadership, and instead can let others figure those things out and instead just focus on my player and having some fun with it. Thus far this league has proven to scratch those itches, and I am quite content with what I have found in the league thus far.

As for my player, Peanut Butter, I had initially thought for him to be some sort of a “slap shot artist.” I’m still not sure if that’s the route I’ll end up going with him, or even how to build someone like that to be honest. In the short-term I’m just focused on rounding out his abilities to help Detroit make their playoff push. So while it’s not as flashy as maybe maxing out shot range or something similar he’ll hopefully be a bit more useful on the ice… While playoff success isn’t everything, I wouldn’t be opposed to adding some silverware to Peanut Butter’s trophy cabinet early in his career. I have no idea if this league cares about minors success or not, but it’d be something fun to add to his character for the story of it, at the very least.

[Image: 622070_joashb_peanut-butter-monster.png?f1530255985]

woops I wrote almost 500 words:

Oh boy, thinking about my goals in this league so early on feels a little overwhelming. Like anyone, having an amazing player is ultimately super fun to think about. Being one of those picks that people want in fantasy, or someone that is constantly going to be claimed for the international team is legitimately just, a good feeling. It’s hard to say I wouldn’t want that, but truly, that’s not as important to me as team success and ultimately, finding a home that I’m incredibly happy with.
In the short term, looking at the SMJHL level, my goals are really focusing on being the best player that I can be, for my team. If that means sitting out for a bit because we have some better talent while I get stronger, then I’m totally okay with that. If it means being on the ice all the time, or barely at all, both are fine by me. Playing me at left defense or right defense? Whatever, I don’t really care. Need to throw me on offense for a smidge? Alright, works for me. At the Junior’s level, my biggest goals are really making sure that my team gets whatever they need from me. Let me be an active and contributing member of the locker room, and let me be kind of that bright spot where you know you’ve got a swiss army knife headed your way.

Long term, I want to find a team I’m happy with, but I’m also seriously intrigued by free agency. The reality is, I doubt I’ll change much on my personal preferences for my player moving forward. Play me wherever, need me to position swap? Alright, just tell me what to do and how to build best to support the team and I am there. The team’s needs and successes are more important than my own individual awards or talent.  The only selfish thing I might do in my career is at some point, I could see myself trying free agency. Not to get to a winning team, not because I don’t love the people I’m with, it’s just something I’ve never really done before. It’s a move I wouldn’t do early on, because I don’t want to just abandon a team that spent time developing my player, and it’s not even necessarily a given that it will happen at all in my career (I can kind of fall in love with my teams), but I could see myself wanting to try out free agency and just see what else is out there. Be wooed by teams, and who knows? Maybe I decide that ultimately I want to sign back with my original team.Oh boy, thinking about my goals in this league so early on feels a little overwhelming. Like anyone, having an amazing player is ultimately super fun to think about. Being one of those picks that people want in fantasy, or someone that is constantly going to be claimed for the international team is legitimately just, a good feeling. It’s hard to say I wouldn’t want that, but truly, that’s not as important to me as team success and ultimately, finding a home that I’m incredibly happy with.

In the short term, looking at the SMJHL level, my goals are really focusing on being the best player that I can be, for my team. If that means sitting out for a bit because we have some better talent while I get stronger, then I’m totally okay with that. If it means being on the ice all the time, or barely at all, both are fine by me. Playing me at left defense or right defense? Whatever, I don’t really care. Need to throw me on offense for a smidge? Alright, works for me. At the Junior’s level, my biggest goals are really making sure that my team gets whatever they need from me. Let me be an active and contributing member of the locker room, and let me be kind of that bright spot where you know you’ve got a swiss army knife headed your way.

Long term, I want to find a team I’m happy with, but I’m also seriously intrigued by free agency. The reality is, I doubt I’ll change much on my personal preferences for my player moving forward. Play me wherever, need me to position swap? Alright, just tell me what to do and how to build best to support the team and I am there. The team’s needs and successes are more important than my own individual awards or talent.  The only selfish thing I might do in my career is at some point, I could see myself trying free agency. Not to get to a winning team, not because I don’t love the people I’m with, it’s just something I’ve never really done before. It’s a move I wouldn’t do early on, because I don’t want to just abandon a team that spent time developing my player, and it’s not even necessarily a given that it will happen at all in my career (I can kind of fall in love with my teams), but I could see myself wanting to try out free agency and just see what else is out there. Be wooed by teams, and who knows? Maybe I decide that ultimately I want to sign back with my original team.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Sean Stevenson III comes into the league looking to play a more defensive role in his first and possibly even second seasons. He hopes to work on his offensive game as he goes but his true passion is shutting people down and winning key faceoffs. He is the guy you want on that late game defensive zone draw to make sure your team gets possession of the puck. In the medium term like I said he wants to slowly work on his offensive game to give the 3rd/4th line some scoring punch but again his true role will be to shut guys down with his size and his reach. Being 6'4 and 225 pounds Sean dwarfs quite a bit of his competition and he will use that size very well to put himself in position to make a play. Whether it be cleaning up scrums on the boards and getting the puck out to his teammates or being a pest in front of the next blocking the goalies view, his size will be a huge factor in his success and he knows it. Long term in the SMJHL he wants to further refine his offensive and defensive game to become a true shut down power forward. Putting pucks in the net on one side while making sure the other team has a hard time generating quality scoring chances on the other. As for the SHL he intends to take a similar path there. Someone you can count on to win a draw and get the puck out of the defensive zone while creating chaos in front of the net and picking up the trash and putting it home on the offensive end.

I have a couple of goals while I am here. 1. Bring home a championship in the SHL. It would be nice to win one in the SMJHL but everyone knows the real legends are made in the SMJHL. 2. MVP trophy. I want to be the best, I want to be known as the best, and I want to be feared as the best. 3. Make the Hall of Fame. This is the pinnacle of any career. This is the culmination of a lifetime of hard work and dedication, to be recognized by the media, and your peers as one of the best to ever do it. 4. Have an illustrious post-playing career. Maybe that means I take to the booth as an analyst or announcer. Maybe I take over for my coach and start running the rotations. Maybe I even accumulate enough wealth to purchase a franchise. Whatever it is, I want to be involved in hockey until the day I croak. I am not going to lie to you all and say “Oh, I’m all about the team I don’t even think of myself. Team this and team that.” like all these other guys do. I want to win. I don’t want to ride the bench and watch my team win championships. I think it's healthy to have a split of team and personal ambitions and that is what I am striving for here. As long as a team trusts me enough to put me out on the ice, we are going to do big things together.

(260 words)

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

I've always been about the team, really. Ever since I was a kid, I didn't really care all that much about making super flashy plays or scoring goals. My style of play is very team focused - I'm not going to be the guy with the super impressive stat lines, I'm going to be the guy who helps everyone else get their super impressive stat lines. I am a defenseman first and foremost - my job is to help the goalie in any way I can. Sure, if I get a really good chance for a shot, I'll go for it, but it isn't my priority as a player. I prioritize the team's success over building up my own ego. I don't really care about individual awards or the Hall of Fame. My eyes are always on the cup.

My hopes are that I can land on a team where I can stay for the long term - I would describe myself as a fairly loyal person, I'm not going to just jump ship at the first signs of struggle. Of course, at the end of the day, hockey is just a game. It's a game that I want to be able to have fun playing, and any game is more fun with friends - so I really want to find myself a team with a fun locker room atmosphere where I can call the people that I charge into battle with my friends. I also think it could be really interesting to be on one of the new expansion teams - being there for the entire process as the team grows from nothing to a Cup winner would be an absolute dream.

[Image: kILVP74.png]    [Image: qtbn8zh.png]    [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: Monochroma_Sig_2_1.gif]
Patriotes Knights Latvia Knights Latvia Knights Patriotes