Create Account

Videl Valor Gets Ready for the Draft - Part Deux (2x Media)
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 06:27 AM by Inf1d3l.)

So, I decided to do a quick interview with upcoming SHL draftee Videl Valor, who notably went undrafted last season. Despite this, she stayed strong and focused this past season, and is ready to once again head into the draft and looks to make an SHL roster in the near future. I had a few questions for Miss Valor going into this draft:

Quote:So first of all, let's talk about last draft. I know it was a disappointment to go undrafted for you, but what made you wanna keep going forward and aim high this upcoming draft?

Valor: I still feel disappointed from that draft as I had very high expectations. I chose to stick around because you can’t simply put me down without expecting a challenge. That’s what makes someone have a strong will and a determination to succeed. I always want to prove something everyday and be an inspiration, that’s why I’m still standing talk to this very day.

Quote:Valor has had a pretty stellar second season in the SMJHL, being a solid winger for the Outlaws, as well as you personally being a top earner so far. What stands out to you as a top reason a team can look forward to picking you up in this upcoming draft?

Valor: What I believe is that GM’s often look for an impact player with their early picks. What I bring is a speedy team-first mindset. It’s not about personal stats or even championships and awards, it’s about being a team player. There’s no I in team of course, so you have to make a positive and heartfelt impact on the team on day 1. What I bring in is positive vibes, because if you don’t have those, you have a toxic locker room, in which I absolutely do not want to be in one at all.

Quote:Beyond TPE and activity updating, what makes you the best pick this upcoming draft for any team looking to bring you on board?

Valor: What I bring to the team is many things that almost any user if they try can bring to their team as well. Number 1 is what I mentioned earlier, being a positive influence in the team’s locker room, you don’t want to draft someone who could scare people off your team, so you would want someone who doesn’t have a history of bad behavior or even too many punishments. The next thing I bring is being a good friend, because everyone needs someone to speak with, I want to make sure that everyone is ok and try to help figure out their problems.

Quote:Would you prefer to be on a team that's contending, rebuilding, expansion team, or does it not matter to you? Why or why not?

Valor: I personally don’t mind where I end up in the draft. Each team has their own uniqueness, which is cool, I wish to be accepted by whoever ends up taking me, if that happens hopefully. It does not matter because I simply want a chance to play, I want to have a place to talk in, and have a chance to give some helpful advice to people.

Quote:What's the number one thing you think you can bring to any locker room you get to join this draft?

Valor: The number one thing that I would bring to a team’s locker room, is being a positive influence. I frequently give out therapy to members of the Anaheim locker room, for those who ask for it. We all need some therapy as the pandemic has affected ourselves in a variety of ways, I’m always available if anyone needs anything or has something to vent about.

Quote:Which teammate that you've been able to play with in the Outlaws organization do you look up to and why?

Valor: There’s quite a few actually, it’s more than one thankfully. First off is @Raven (Ryuuji Kawashima I think). Raven has been a huge presence in the locker room, he seems like an older brother to me. The next person I think of is Inf1d3l, (Stan Din’quese I think) I first met him in the PBE when we were teammates on a team that was once called the Kashima Foxes, he’s always a good person to speak with. The final person I think of as a strong influence in the locker room is @WildfireMicro (Jack Micro), he’s always there when we are having a conversation in the locker room, and he’s also a great person to talk with.

Quote:Final question for you, what would you like to say to the SHL GMs out there going into this draft a second time?

Valor: This season hasn’t been easy for me, but I enjoyed the grind. What I hope is that I proved that I’m worth a spot on your roster, I don’t mind some of the prejudices about me, I put those on the back burner, and learn a lesson out of this. I hope I did enough to impress you guys to consider drafting me. I’ve made an impact positively on Anaheim and I look to make that same impact on your locker room.
If you need any more information from me, or need to have some therapy or counseling, my DM’s are always open.

Quote:Thank you for your time Valor, I'm excited to see where you go this upcoming draft

Valor: Thanks for taking the time to interview me.

I think we can all expect great things from Videl Valor going forward!

(915 words, 75% payout to @ValorX77, the remaining 25% to me)

Thanks for the kind words!

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Draft Valor.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Valor way underrated.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quiet but deadly

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

[Image: tc7wlssiee351.jpg]

Hey that's me being mentioned.

Draft Valor, a steal for any gm who gets to pick him up now.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Thanks for the interview, @Inf1d3l!

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Sincerely hope a GM drafts you this time around.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Draft valor, dummies

[Image: t6u8vGX.png]
[Image: TjI93pk.gif]

I’m rooting for you big V

[Image: vikian.gif]