Create Account

Game 7 and Pain: Which GM's experienced the most pain

We all love it when it happens with us, we hate it when it happens against us, Game 7's can be a blessing and a curse for some teams, and specifically some teams as well. First we will look at GM's success, then take a look at team wide sucess or failures.

If you dont want to read and look at a spreadsheet here is the link

We will first look at GM's who just won and lost game 7's in the playoffs. Who experienced the most pain

Obviously we will have GM's who Gmed the longest have the most Game 7 Wins,

With Steelhead77 with 8 game 7 playoff wins, Wasty, Leafs4Ever, Gifter of Bikes, and Eggy216 with 6 game 7 playoff wins as well. Some impressive one's are Nereus who Gmed only 7 seasons to win 5/6 Game 7's. Munk won all 5 game 7's in the 3 seasons he was the head GM.

For the top 10 you have
1: Steelhead77 - 8
2: Wasty - 6
2: Leafs4Ever - 6
2: Gifter Of Bikes - 6
2: Eggy216 - 6
6: Teztify - 5
6: WannabeFinn - 5
6: Nereus - 5
6: Munk - 5
10: ThatDamnMcJesus - 4
10: Bojo - 4
10: Baelor Swift - 4
10: JR95 - 4

In terms of best percentage of game 7 wins, it would be Eggy216 that takes the cake with him winning 6/7 game 7's, as well as Munk with a 100% win rate with 5 games won. Also canot forget Maxy with 3 game 7 wins for 100%, and FlappyGiraffe and Nuck with 2 game 7 wins for 100% as well.

For the loses,  Wasty leads the charge with 9 game 7 losses, then leafs4Ever with 8, then Steelhead77 with 7.  After that its pretty easy to see why Gm's are there, all longtime GM's that have a history of making the playoffs.

1: Wasty - 9
2: Leafs4Ever - 8
3: Steelhead77 - 7
4: Teztify - 6
5: WannabeFinn - 5
5: ThatDamnMcJesus - 5
5: Jkortesi81 - 5
5: JNH - 5
9: Bojo - 4

As for Loss Percentage, then you have JNH take the cake, with him losing 5/6 Game 7's of his career. you also have JSS with 3/4 losses. The biggest Loss Percentage with the most Game 7 played though, is Wasty with 9/15, which is 60%. You also have Leafs4Ever with 8/14  Game 7 losses for 57% loss rate.

Now its onto the GM's who managed to get the coin flip the right amount of times...
[Image: WdIeKEt.jpg]

For GM's with a 50% win loss rate of Game 7's, WannabeFinn leads the way with playing in 10 Game 7's, winning 5 and losing 5.

Other Gm's include Bojo, Tanner, Keygan, Dnagles13, HFFO, Wallly, Ace, and PrettyBurn, all having a 50% win rate.

Game 7 in the finals

The biggest of all Game 7's in sports. The final game of the season, one team wins and one team loses. Which comes out on top, who knows, but what I do know is that the fates are on some GM's side.

There have been 16 game 7's for the Finals in SHL history. So about a 27.5% chance in these 58 seasons. From that, 1 GM has 25% of all Game 7 Wins in the finals, which is Steelhead77 for the Calgary Dragons. Not only 4 game 7 wins, he has 0 game 7 losses, with 2 of those game 7 wins come by reverse sweep (S29 and S50). What is also crazy is that 4/6 cup wins for Steelhead came from the game 7's, and did not lose a single one.

Other than Steelhead, we have WannabeFinn with 2 game 7 wins in the finals, as well as no losing any game 7 in the finals. Then you have Munk, Cynthia, Nereus, GoB, Karlssens, Deener, and Nike with 1 game 7 win and 0 game 7 losses in the finals.

Then we have the gms who both won and lost Finals in game 7.

The "Loser" of this group is Leafs4Ever, with 1 game 7 finals win, with 2 game 7 finals lost. Then the 2 balanced Gm's, JR95 and Tanner, both winning and losing a cup in game 7.

Then you have the real biggest losers of the coin flip, the ones who never won a Final in 7 games, and always lost.

At the top of it we have Wasty, losing 3 game 7's in the finals. we have Jkortesi81 with 2, and then the rest only lost once. We have Baelor Swift, Bojo, Dangles13, HFFO, Wally, JSS, Boon, and Symmetrik.

Just think of Steelhead lost all 4, where Wasty won all 3 where the GOAT GM discussion would be. Or it would be more split on the wins and losses. But alas, Game 7's gives and takes and for these Gm's, they take.

Teams

Other than Atlanta, and Seattle, all franchises have been to game 7's, to various sucess. Lets start with the lucky ones, the ones who have won more game 7's in the playoffs than lost.

The biggest Winner is the New England Wolfpack, who through 13 game 7's, won 9 of them for 69.2% of Game 7's won. Then you have the San Francisco Pride winning 2/3 of their game 7's. The rest you can look in the spreadsheet

For the Teams who are perfectly balanced, it is Hamilton and Manhattan are the only teams that are 50% win loss rate in game 7's. With Hamilton being 12-12 and Manhattan being 7-7.

Then the real losers, the ones who just cant seem to buy a game 7 win if their life depended on it.

The biggest loser is Toronto, with a whopping 3/17 (82.3% Game 7 loss) Game 7 wins, so @ml002 , dont go to game 7 ever. After that you have NOLA and CHI with 3/8 and 3/5 game 7 losses. And then for the more older teams you have Los Angeles Panthers with 7/17 Game 7 wins, and Buffalo Stempede with 5/11 Game 7 wins.

Then we have who won game 7's when it matters... in the finals. Now when it comes to Teams who never had a game 7 final, we have New England, Texas, and Chicago. Obviously we have ATL and SEA, but they are only 3 seasons into the league, so its not fair to them.

As for everyone else, you have Calgary at the top with a 4-0 record. You then have Winnipeg with a record of 2-2 for game 7's, and then Buffalo with 2-0.  Then you have Edmonton and Manhattan with 1-0 records as well.

As for the biggest Loser I would say New Orleans is, with an 0-2 record. But the most game 7 losses is Minnesota and Los Angeles with records of 1-3.

The rest you can look on the spreadsheet or here
[Image: Capture.PNG]

Other Misc facts.

Either from not making the playoffs, or making the playoffs, 43 Head GM's never won or lost a game 7, so 38% of all head GM's

12 Gm's have only been apart of 1 game 7, and won that game 7.

19 Gm's also have 100% game 7 lost rates, with 5 Gm's losing more than once. Jkrever has the most game 7 losses without a win with 3 game 7's.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

So basically, Esa OP

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

how many players have scored in OT game 7 in the finals

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

I just dropped in to say oogley boogley

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

JNH and Tez suck

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

05-28-2021, 04:29 PMPatty Wrote: JNH and Tez suck
No u

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

Thanks

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

05-28-2021, 04:42 PMPingy Pingu Wrote:
05-28-2021, 04:29 PMPatty Wrote: JNH and Tez suck
No u
yes true

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

New Orleans in G7 is a gg ain’t it

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

NOLA is pain

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Reading this thread returned all the pain Ive suffered through, thanks @Luketd Tongue but great work! Would’ve been nice to have those 3 G7 wins added to my trophy case!

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

05-28-2021, 05:50 PMWasty Wrote: Reading this thread returned all the pain Ive suffered through, thanks @Luketd Tongue but great work! Would’ve been nice to have those 3 G7 wins added to my trophy case!
Haha, it was originally just going to be LAP and game 7's. (especially S24), but then I figured to do it for all of the SHL

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

05-28-2021, 05:54 PMluketd Wrote:
05-28-2021, 05:50 PMWasty Wrote: Reading this thread returned all the pain Ive suffered through, thanks @Luketd Tongue but great work! Would’ve been nice to have those 3 G7 wins added to my trophy case!
Haha, it was originally just going to be LAP and game 7's. (especially S24), but then I figured to do it for all of the SHL
S24!!!!!! That was the worst finals I’ve ever been a part of.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Half of those Toronto Game 7 losses probably came from blowing 3-1 series leads.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Is anyone here after Hamilton lost a game 7?

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]