Create Account

i dunno wat 2 do fr school

Start a podcast and become fampus

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

05-28-2021, 08:48 PMMrRuihu Wrote:
05-28-2021, 05:14 PMzaynzk Wrote: Delete Facebook, Hit the Gym, Lawyer Up

Delete Gym, Hit the Lawyer, Facebook Up.

YOPO (You only Ping once)

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

05-29-2021, 01:27 AMToeDragon84 Wrote:
05-28-2021, 04:01 PMPingy Pingu Wrote: i am interested in the secrets of the universe and learning about science and technology and stuff

I wrote this thing about how you should learn math and physics, all this shit with links to textbooks, I'll link you them if you want, but this is probably better for your attention:

The complete FUN TO IMAGINE with Richard Feynman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ww1IXRfTA

yea i took calc and physics and advanced functions in high school i just dint get the marks i wanted cuz i was going thru hard time and didnt have the motivation to work hard

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

I feel u pingy im in school and i have no idea wtf im doing and i have to stay because if im not in school i no longer have health care and i will literally die because i need certain medications that cost way too much without healthcare. America baby

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

My dad kinda forced me into my first degree /career because I said I liked chemistry one time. I did really like it, and I only ended up trying to find something else after realizing I wouldn’t be able to move up and do cooler shit without an advanced degree.

To figure out what to do next, I took a couple aptitude tests and learned about my strengths and weaknesses. Although some of the good ones cost money, a lot of them are free and useful. I compared the results of those tests to the job market, and statistics is what worked. Now I really like what I do and actually have a career trajectory.

05-29-2021, 03:40 AMkit Wrote:
05-29-2021, 01:27 AMToeDragon84 Wrote: I wrote this thing about how you should learn math and physics, all this shit with links to textbooks, I'll link you them if you want, but this is probably better for your attention:

The complete FUN TO IMAGINE with Richard Feynman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ww1IXRfTA

Are you rich Feynman toe
I don't even think I am me.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

05-29-2021, 10:24 AMPingy Pingu Wrote:
05-29-2021, 01:27 AMToeDragon84 Wrote: I wrote this thing about how you should learn math and physics, all this shit with links to textbooks, I'll link you them if you want, but this is probably better for your attention:

yea i took calc and physics and advanced functions in high school i just dint get the marks i wanted cuz i was going thru hard time and didnt have the motivation to work hard

I went back to night school to take advanced functions and improve my english mark. You could probably do the same to improve your marks!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021, 03:29 PM by ToeDragon84.)

05-29-2021, 10:24 AMPingy Pingu Wrote:

I'll help you or anyone with problems if you want to get better at calculus this summer, I'd write out solutions with explanations cause I'm not doing a math class this summer and would benefit from going back to things to make sure I really understand it all.

https://openstax.org/books/calculus-volu...troduction

Let's just start at the beginning of differential calculus, Pingy (or anyone else who wants), there's 3 volumes of books there, we can get to vector calculus 2. I will teach you a fast way to do 3x3 cross products then, alright? Will save you 30 seconds on each problem. If we read from the start and start to do practice problems every day it'll be worth it. I will read it all with you. Read till you see something you don't understand then let's talk about it.

I have a diff equations book, also. If we get there, okay?

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

05-29-2021, 03:19 PMToeDragon84 Wrote:
05-29-2021, 10:24 AMPingy Pingu Wrote: yea i took calc and physics and advanced functions in high school i just dint get the marks i wanted cuz i was going thru hard time and didnt have the motivation to work hard
I'll help you or anyone with problems if you want to get better at calculus this summer, I'd write out solutions with explanations cause I'm not doing a math class this summer and would benefit from going back to things to make sure I really understand it all.

https://openstax.org/books/calculus-volu...troduction

Let's just start at the beginning of differential calculus, Pingy (or anyone else who wants), there's 3 volumes of books there, we can get to vector calculus 2. I will teach you a fast way to do 3x3 cross products then, alright? Will save you 30 seconds on each problem. If we read from the start and start to do practice problems every day it'll be worth it. I will read it all with you. Read till you see something you don't understand then let's talk about it.

I have a diff equations book, also. If we get there, okay?

okay

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

Pingy do drugs and skip school

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

I was lucky enough to find out in grade 11 that I wanted to do something in hockey, and chose my program accordingly.

5 years later, with the help of the program I've made a few connections and I think I have a foot-in-the-door moment once I graduate.

There wasn't a playbook for any of this, it just sorta worked out that way.

I hope that whatever you do, you're happy with it, school, job, or otherwise!

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

You can always smoke crack

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

05-28-2021, 04:01 PMPingy Pingu Wrote: how do most people just graduate and be like "oh im gonna get a degree and im gonan have this job forever" idk like im not gonna have a job again and i kinda want 2 go bak 2 school but like after all this time i still have no idea what to do and where to go like i am interested in the secrets of the universe and learning about science and technology and stuff but its very overwhelming and like i dont wanna be stuck working at a desk in the same place forever i just dont know ah heck

Most people don't just graduate and land in the career that fulfills them. They bounce around for years and some may never quite find it the perfect fit, but rather find one that'll do for now before switching up again. Especially nowadays, as millennials and Gen Z tend to be less "loyal" to the same job than prior generations.

The degree I have is tangential, but the career track I'm on is not one I ever imagined (in university, I wanted nothing to do with sales, but I feel myself being drawn to it as I get deeper into my career). Maybe it'll stick, but who knows. I don't use my degree for my daily work anyways.

If you're interested in science and technology, find a major that'll let you do that. Whether you do it or not, focus on networking, internships/research projects, and if you do well and treat people well, you'll be surprised at the paths that make themselves clear.