Create Account

S59 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 10:16 PM by TheSparkyDee.)

ISFL Affliate - https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid474617 

SHL IS BEST 

The Winnipeg Aurora would win in a battle… if it is dark outside and clear skies and in the northern area of the world. I would take them any day of the week. The Aurora just is in the sky and every mascot or whatever you want to call them would get all distracted by the pretty lights. They would get distracted and just die from not eating or drinking and being in the frozen tundra of the north pole (that is where it would be at!). The aurora would be victorious and their colors will be waving around the sky for years and years, centuries and centuries to come. One thing that would be interesting is the Dragons.. They would try to fly up and see the aurora first hand and would go up too high and just explode from the pressure. Now the barracuda.. They seem to be an issue. I am not a fish guy, but I do not know if they can survive in that water. But maybe they die? I do not know. (178 words)

I can not believe that Buffalo got stomped like that. They have built so many teams and made them good and now it has come back to bite them in the ass. When you give these players away like that and they go away to be good somewhere else. Well then that sucks for you. Buffalo will be back next season. You better believe that. Buffalo is a team that we will see over and over again here in the final rounds of the SHL playoffs. But man Texas deserves it! They absolutely DESTROYED this playoffs! Good job to you guys. They will be back next season.  (107 words) 

Sparky 

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045644 +2 TPE 

16/16 TPE

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Code:
1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task
From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best

SHL hockey fun

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

SMJHL Milestones

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

VW: Jepox

Code:
16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

If I, Pablo Salvatici, upcoming rookie for the Simulation Hockey League franchise known as the Atlanta Inferno was in dire need of nutrition and the only way I could get said nutrition was by consuming the blood, flesh and bone of a fellow player, I would choose to eat my future teammate Puddles O'Duck. I have never eaten duck before but have heard numerous people say that it is actually very delicious. Therefore I would love to try it and eat it. Puddles O'Duck just happens to be a duck so in the aforementioned situation I would not feel guilty about eating a duck masquerading as a hockey player. That is why I would choose to eat Puddles O'Duck. (Sorry Z-Whiz) (121 words)

Code:
7. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
To some, an interesting part of sports leagues is following celebrity fans (like Jack with the Lakers or 50 Cent with the Knicks last week) - who would be some relevant SHL celebrity fans? Which well-known celebrities would be superfans of which SHL teams?

Some Simulation Hockey League franchises would have very interesting celebrity superfans while others probably don't. The Atlanta Inferno have a very hands on superfan in the form of the well known rapper, songwriter, DJ, and record producer Lil Jon. He constantly attends practice and helps motivate the players into training extra hard. Snoop Dogg is a superfan of the Los Angeles Panthers thanks to his connections with a former general manager for reasons that shall remain unsaid. The Chicago Syndicate are supported by the family of the late Al Capone. One team that probably doesn't have a superfan is the Hamilton Steelhawks because really, who lives in Hamilton? (108 words)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?

At first glance I'd have to say the favorites are the Winnipeg Aurora because they are apart of the sky. I'm not sure that anything can really fight lights in the sky so they are an early contender to win. The same can be said for the Toronto North Stars, because they would be a northern star. In particular, Polaris is 434 light-years away from earth so anything that tries to fight it will probably die long before they even reach it. Not to mention it's a star so it will burn anything that gets close to a crisp. Other teams will directly counter each other, such as the Inferno and the Blizzard. The first team to be eliminated will definitely be the New Orleans Specters as they're already dead before the fight even begins. They can't expect to do anything more than scare a team, maybe the Monarchs or something. The Dragons will probably be a contender but at the end of the day I have to go with my gut and choose the Toronto North Stars as the victorious team because of the previously stated reasons. (188 words)

16/16

[Image: Jepox.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 10:47 PM by dogwoodmaple.)

1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task (3 TPE)
This community rocks.

4. Written, 3 TPE (3 TPE)
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or I'm gonna track you down and give you a failing grade.

The puck gets dropped and tensions rise,
It's playoff time for all,
For in the minors no team is cut,
Each team will get the call.

I simply hope that Maine avoids,
The 'Serkers please, no more,
They always bounce us every year,
I can't take it no more.

But even if we lose again,
If we get bounced real quick,
I still would never trade my place,
This team is who I'd pick.

A Maine Timber I am for good,
Change teams? I never would.

7. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) (2 TPE)
To some, an interesting part of sports leagues is following celebrity fans (like Jack with the Lakers or 50 Cent with the Knicks last week) - who would be some relevant SHL celebrity fans? Which well-known celebrities would be superfans of which SHL teams?

Perhaps the most obvious choice of celebrity fans for Maine would be Treebeard from the Lord of the Rings. This famous ent (talking, moving tree) was one of the heroes of the saga and played an integral role in freeing Isengard from Sarumon's wrath.  Plus, he fits right in as a superfan.  He's a tree, we're trees - it's an obvious pick.  Plus, we commonly use Treebeard gifs in our locker room to celebrate wins and get each other hyped up before a game.  We'd gladly welcome him into our discord server and it would be an incredible day for every Maine fan in the country.  To be graced with the presence of not just a legend, but one of the most heroic beings in all of mythology would be a day to remember.
(133 words)

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer.  (3 TPE)
"dogwood"

16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) (2 TPE)
I say this with the upmost respect and admiration, but the decision is easy here.  Puddles O'Duck would be first on the chopping block and he'd make a fine dinner.  First off, because I know him so well, he would be guaranteed a quick and painless death.  Then, we'd use a traditional Southern recipe for fried chicken, but replace the chicken with his duck meat.  Extra crispy and heavily seasoned and it would assuredly feed at least a handful of us.  I've seen him on the ice and there's a lot of meat to go around.  I almost hate to do it to a comrade, but I just couldn't pass up on delicious, Southern fried duck for some much needed nourishment.  Don't worry, Puddles.  You won't feel a single thing.
(130 words)

17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE (3 TPE)
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3048109

16 TPE total

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 10:41 PM by Jericson.)

From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best

The SHL allows my lazy butt to pretend to play hockey.

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

Elwulf Jericson would take it upon himself to make sure that the puck never gets very far into his own zone by using his smaller stature to his advantage. Whereas other players will most likely use their sticks and weight to knock players around, Elwulf will surprise everyone by undercutting them. Even the biggest player will fall as their feet get taken out from under them. As the player's go down, he would then proceed to make sure they cannot skate by lifting them, causing them to land awkwardly causing injuries to their body. In an ideal world, these injuries would happen to their legs so as to remove them from the competition. He also knows that, being on the smaller side, he will be targeted by other players constantly. To help counteract this, he will wear shock absorbing gear to lessen the impact across his entire body. Also, who wouldn't want to wear foil in their hand wraps for the fight.

If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?
In order to look at who would win in the logos from the SHL, we first have to set some rules.

Rule #1: Has to be a logo that has a living creature. This immediately removes the Philadelphia Forge, the Toronto North Stars, the Seattle Argonauts and the Winnipeg Aurora. Each of these does not have a living creature as part of their primary logo and therefore would not be able to be participate in a fight.

Now, on to the fight. First, I would like to set the stage. This will be a 15 team battle royale using all elements within the primary logo as capabilities. As the fight begins we automatically have a loser in the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Since they are a fish, they really cannot fight outside of the water and therefore are eliminated almost instantly by anyone nearby.

As the fight continues only 1 will remain standing and there is no question who it is. The Atlanta Inferno would win as they are literally a firebird (aka a Phoenix) and cannot remain defeated and will keep coming back to win it in the end.

The Tampa Bay Barracuda would have a sort of cult following from WWE superstars. The number of them that live in the area is outstanding and to be able to come to the rink everyday and cheer on the Cudas would be an incredible experience. Currently, the biggest of them would be Dave Bautista. Not one to shy away from crazy things, he would take to the Cuda like shark to blood (or is it barracuda to blood) and be there everyday entertaining not only the team but the fans around him. Joining him would be fellow WWE superstars John Cena, Hulk Hogan, and Chris Jericho. They would be the founding members of the Cuda Club, a charity organization that works with the Barracuda franchise to help out the local neighborhoods.

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

hahaha

If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

If it came down to desperate times and I was required to eat another player in the SHL, it would be a tough choice. I am guessing I would first have to fend off the larger players in order to not get eaten as being "lower" on the food chain. However, if I managed to survive long enough to eat someone I would have to eat Jmac NChese. I mean, with all of the players in the league why would you start with anyone who is not literally named after a delicious meal I would eat on the weekends anyways. Even if he doesn't actually taste like mac and cheese, I would rather risk it than eat Grape Fruit.

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Code:

Experience McScruff Hockey

Code:
The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

Slip McScruff is a very physical player who also happens to be very good at dishing the biscuit.  Therefore, Slip will play a brutally tough defensive game at home while two shooters stack right up by the opposite goalie.  He's not too concerned about being outnumbered in his own end, especially considering his very long career of chugging hard minutes on the penalty kill.  The first objective will be to crush the forecheckers and strip the puck.  With a purge day, you are really asking for players like Slip to cause some real hurting.  No amount of shying away from fights either considering the penalties are gone.

The second objective is to rocket the puck to his teammates down at the other end.  Probably try to airmail it over the heads of all participants.  Depending on how this plays, we may post one attacker at the red line and the other in deep.  Tic tac toe down to the man in deep while the middle man closes in to open up more options.  Unless they commit their own player like Slip to help defend the goalie, there is no way they can stop the unopposed attack from both dots.

Considering that we also have no rules on equipment, I think Slip will utilize some new gear suited to this playstyle.  I don't know a thing about stick physics, but any shape to help with that lift could be good.  If he's going to be fighting, maybe we bring some knuckles in on this.  Definitely something hard in the pads for those punishing hits.

Code:

Sorting this out to East and West first, then a league champion.  This will be a battle royal style fight where all logos start inside the ring and then are eliminated by some rule.  The rule should be over the top rope, but we'll see how that shakes out with some of the more abstract concept logos.

East:
Atlanta Inferno -> A phoenix
Baltimore Platoon -> An eagle
Buffalo Stampede -> A stampede of buffalo
Chicago Syndicate -> A mobster
Hamilton Steelhawks -> A hawk... made of steel
Manhattan Rage -> An angry bull
New England Wolfpack -> A pack of wolves
Tampa Bay Barracuda -> A barracuda
Toronto North Stars -> Uh... maybe an explorer traveling by the North Star.  Maybe a viking so it has a chance

First impression gives this to the phoenix because it is reborn in flames every time it dies.  However, the hawk made of steel may have an advantage here.  It should be very strong and heat resistant.  But actually, I give this to the stampede which won't be thrown over the top rope.  Birds are going to eliminate themselves by flying or be left vulnerable stuck on the ground.  It's close with the angry bull, but stampede edges them out because there are multiple large creatures resistant to being tossed, and the angry bull is more likely to lose focus and eliminate itself while charging.

West:
Calgary Dragons -> A dragon
Edmonton Blizzard -> A snowy wolf
Los Angeles Panthers -> A panther
Minnesota Monarchs -> A king
New Orleans Specters -> A spooky ghost
San Francisco Pride -> A lion
Seattle Argonauts -> A boat
Texas Renegades -> A cowboy
Winnipeg Aurora -> A UFO

I'm cheating here because I'm privy to the alternate Aurora logo that they made for me which has a UFO in the sky instead of a jet.  I think the UFO beats out most everyone else.  It's got alien tech and doesn't need to fly.  Flip the tractor beam and push everyone out.  The wild card is if they have the tech to repel the ghost, but my bias says yes.

Finals:
UFO vs stampede of buffalo.

You've seen UFO's abduct cows... the tractor beam on reverse handles this and Winnipeg wins.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I've got the procrastination special going on because the tournament is underway already.  You know me, I always come in with my USA bias because I've been the federation head for 12 seasons (this will be 13).  Fun fact, I will be tied with Joe K for longest tenured USA Fed Head after completing S60.

USA is hot, USA will always be hot.  The Bobby gang right now is lighting it up.  We've got Bobby Lane and Bobby Sharp who are just so deadly together.  Across the first 5 games, Lane has 8 goals and 5 assists while Sharp has 12 assists.  And only 3 of Lane's points are from the power play (2G 1A on the man advantage).

USA usually wins by committee so we don't take home many individual awards.  Only Cain as top goalie in S51 during my tenure.  In the other positions, most recently Metzler as top D in S37 and Visser as top F in S45.  However, if the Bobby gang keeps it popping, we may finally see a top F come through for USA again.  No clear leader of the pack has shaken out on D but Pojo might have a chance.  Lambert is feasting on Bobby gang assists but Pojo has some additional defensive stats to bolster the argument.

Code:

scruf

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE (2)
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116299
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116278

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3048071
+2

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

1. Hockey, Hockey, Goal!!! Hits!! (3 TPE)

PBE Affiliate +3 TPE

5. The Newfoundland Beserkers are easily the best team to not make the finals this year by far because they are really really freaking cool. We have the legends ham and juke leading us at the helm and we have awesome dudes like turtle and sopath on the ice to back up our amazing team of players. Additionally, we also have Billy Brooks in the d-lane who is absolutely kicking ass and taking names. A team like this could never make the playoffs just because they were too awesome. The Beserkers are great, cool, amazing, and I never ever would want to be on another team even if that meant more 4-star cups. Serkers are gonna kick some butt next year you are gonna know it! (2 TPE)

7. I will tell you a super fan of the Newfoundland Beserkers has got to be Celine Dion. The two things have a buttload of things in common. Celine Dion is Canadian and the Serkers are from Canadia. The Serkers also have a really good collection of singing chops in our locker room. You should come to listen to the showers before a game where we are just belting show-tunes and making other teams sound like a group of unpunctual weirdos. Celine can also sing pretty dman well from what I can hear so I think she would be a good candidate for the role of Newfoundland Berserkers super-fan. Let's go Celine Dion! I would love to have a Newfoundland Karaoke night sometime! It would be very cool. (2 TPE)

15. doneee (trivia +3 TPE)

17. Milestones +3 TPE

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]

Because of CAR

Mangumba

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3044742

GM of Canada in the WJC S56

S56 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for Canada

[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: qzGJBye.png]

[Image: GMGumba.gif]

Code:

because it is

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Which of these teams has stronger offensive firepower?
b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?

a) Its pretty clear that Buffalo has the superior offense here. First of all, they were second in the league in goals scored. Texas may have been third, but Buffalo had a 33 goal lead on them. You can also see that Buffalo has 3 players on the points leaderboard before you find any Texas players.
b) I think its pretty clear that Buffalo would also have the bigger chip on their shoulder. Texas has no pressure, even if its been a while. It hasn't been *too* crazy, but still this is an early cup run, and they know they will be back. If Buffalo loses for the third straight year, it will be a public embarrassment
c) I like Texas' branding better, but its only by a slight margin. I would honestly say these are two of the most boring logos in the league. But the Buffalo logo is so generic and boring circle, while Texas at least has the stereotypical Texas outlaw logo. I do prefer the Buffalo colors, but black is always a sweet color as well so not a huge difference for me.
d) I would rather spend time in Dallas. Partially, I just dont know what Buffalo has to even do in their city. But the main reason would just be because of friends. I have some good friends in Dallas and it would be fun to go around and hang out with them for a while. I am more at home with the cold though so this might be an issue

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Hey, I did indeed wait until the last minute, or at least the last hour. Thank you for accommodating! I think I have two possible MVP candidates for the playoffs. The first and my probably real candidate would be Cillian Kavanagh. As the cup winning goalie, he is already good there, but he led all starters with a sparkling .934 save percentage and a 12-3-1 record. An unconventional candidate, but one that I think is also well deserved, is Tony Pepperoni. Its pretty odd to suggest a playoff MVP that didnt even make the finals, but the sheer craziness of a player getting 17 points in just 10 games, most of it at even strength, is pretty impressive and I think it deserves recognition

Code:

brother

Code:

I think that if possible, I would eat Valentin Kalashnikov. He is pretty well built, he would be pretty well built i think: Lean meat but also enough fat from drinking so much alcohol that he would also be a delicious meal. If you had seasonings to work with, I think you could make a rather delicious Kalashnikov Filet. The big issue with this is that Kalashnikov would be incredibly hard to kill, so I am banking on this dire situation killing off Kalashnikov from the start, and that we wouldnt have to kill him. If he survives the dire situation, then I just hope that he doesnt read this and will have no hard feelings

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3048113

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

Code:
Montreal Is Back

Code:
It's the purge. TIME TO KILL EVERYONE! No, that's not really interesting for Kynwyl. Not only he doesn't have anyone on his to kill list but also it's kinda boring and the main thing everyone come up with when you think the purge. If you can break any hockey rule, let's break the most obscure and funny ones and bring back the name of Roger Neilson on the topic. You know you're doing a "good" job when they make a rules because of you (like Penalty ends when a goal is scored, thanks Habs) but when you have not one, not two but three rules made because of your antics you deserve to be a legend and that's why those three rules are the three I would break during this purge.
1. You can’t put anyone in goal for a penalty shot, it must be the goaltender and they must stay in goal
2. The goalie cannot leave equipment, such as his stick or even a mound of ice, in front of the goal after he has been pulled
3. If you intentionally sub too many men onto the ice it results in a penalty shot

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?
This one is easy. Because of how the playoffs are made on wich team can go in playoffs and wich team must endure the long offseason and play golf early, this season Toronto was the "weakest" of the great lake with a low 93 opints in 66 games, good only for 5th in the league. FIFTH IN THE WHOLE LEAGUE. AND THEY AREN'T IN PLAYOFFS? the only other teams that managed to have a beter season were the top western team, Texas, and the other 3 teams from the great lakes. well, let's see if another team should ha dbeen in playoffs this season. Oh wait? Minnesota had more points that the leader in the Atlantic division? Let's hope we will see a new way to get playoffs teams soon.

Code:
With a name like the Monarchs, you could assume the most celeb queen, Queen Elizabeth II would be a great fan of the Minnesota team, but you would be wrong. The Queen and her familly aren't great fanatics of the sport in North America even with the English national team going strong in the last years. But you know wich europeans love hockey? The scandinavians. And wich countries still have a monarchy in europe? The scandinavians. and wich US state has the most scandinavian population? it's Minnesota. So, of course, Queen Margrethe of denmark, King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and King Harald V of Norway are all great fans of the Minnesota Monarchs.

Code:

Chiefs

Code:
If it was down to eat someone, I would go for the best meat possible and I think, with my little knowledge in what constitue good meat, that the player with the best meat around the league is Calgary's winger Boris Poroshenko. Did you ever saw that guy play this season? so much strong muscle, he managed to have 404 hits this season. FOUR HUNDRED AND FOUR! And that's not all, this guy managed to be the one who has the less amount of shot blocked in the top 14 hitters. and everyone know that beating the meat before it's ready is bad for the meat. Oh, and that would also help us in the division with removing a threat from Calgary.

Code:
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116278

+1 TPE

[Image: uktCsuX.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 11:56 PM by Exilate.)

Task 1 +3 TPE

Sloth is in the SHL

Task 15 Trivia +3 TPE
Codeword: givetpe

Task 17 Milestones +2 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3046866

Task 2 +3 TPE
If there was a SHL purge, Aleks Blixtstrom would become easily the best player in the Simulation Hockey League. He would score more goals than anyone had ever before. What rule would Aleks break during the purge? Grabbing and holding the puck in your hand. Yes, that's right. He would turn hockey into football. First he would play very physical and get the puck any way possible. Everything is legal, after all. Huge hits, tripping, chopping sticks in half, you name it, Aleks would do it to get the puck. After he accomplishes this somehow, the fun would begin. Aleks would act like a quarterback and run the Carolina Kraken offense. The defense would act like the offensive line and make sure Aleks is protected. The other two forwards would act as receivers, catching the puck from Aleks. He would throw it to them and they would attempt to throw it past the goalie and into the net. Every once and a while Aleks would make a dash for the net and throw it in himself.

Task 5 +2 TPE
I think the best SMJHL team to not make the finals are the Carolina Kraken obviously. There was no team better than us but the sim was rigged and we lost. In all seriousness, I think the teams that were supposed to make the finals made them, but you could make a case for the Quebec City Citadelles. They won it last season and still have a lot of good players. They were doing very well going into the playoffs, certainly overperforming their seed. They won a very hard fought first round and decisively beat the 4 seed Detroit Falcons in the second round. They kept it pretty close against the boats. I think they are definitely the best team that didn't make the finals.

Task 7 +2 TPE
I think the question for the Los Angeles Panthers should be what celebrities would not be fans?? It's in Los Angeles, for christ's sake. We would have other athlete fans such as Lebron James, Anthony Davis, Shaq, all of the Lakers legends. We would have a lot of actor fans, like Robert Downey Junior, Leonardo DiCaprio, you name the actor, they're a fan. It would be like walking on a movie set who are hosting a party with the Los Angeles Lakers. Tickets for suites must be thousands and thousands of dollars with how many celebrities can buy them. It must be crazy as a Los Angeles Panther player to have so many well known people cheering for you, knowing your name, even wanting to meet you. When I get called up, it will be a shock for sure when I see someone I've been a fan of since I was playing in the juniors know who I am.

Task 16 +2 TPE
I think there is a very clear and obvious answer to this interesting and disturbing question. The answer is Chimkin Wing. I don't think there is any debate about this. What else would you eat? Most of them are humans or animals that would not be fun to eat. I would have no problems with eating a good chicken wing. Chicken wings are my favorite food. Not only would it give me nutrition, but I would really enjoy having a chicken wing. I think if you have any other answer to this question you have serious problems. Would you really commit cannibalism instead of eating a good old chicken wing? Disgusting. It is quite impressive that a chicken wing can play hockey, though.

16 TPE

(3) Affiliate - https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=320932

(3) Milestones - https://simulationhockey.com/member.php?...e&uid=5409

(3) Task 1 - PT Coupon, Fundraiser

(1) Trivia Link - I just want 1 TPE :D

(3) Task 3 - If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated? - The stampede would easily win because a stampede is multiple. I would be more scared to see a massive stampede coming at me rather than just a north star, like I am sorry torronto but the only way yall winning any fight with your logo is if your building falls on your enemies which is still a loss for you because you fell. Toronto could have another logo that I don't know about but in my books that are the obvious losers. I would like to give an honorable mention to the spectars because I don't even know what a spectar is. Like are they some crazy magic dudes because if so they could be really messing up some peeps and placing curses on anyone they face. Also the Aurora present themselves as a weak opponent because uh, well when was the last time the sky hurt you? The only thing they hurting is nobody.

(3) Task 2 - The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage? - Im gonna make this plain and simple, if there was a purge you will not be seeing me. ARE YOU INSANE. Some of these people be doing some insane things and I am just not stupid enough to even leave my bunker. Im just gonna dig me a hideout for the day and watch some good ole disney plus while I wait because I am keeping my life. Now I would still use this to my advantage and pirate some movies or video games during said day that way I could get to enjoy some things that I had never gotten to enjoy. Now if we are talking specifically on the ice, I would bring one thing with me, pepper spray. I be spraying pepper sprayer in the goalies face and scoring easier goals. I would also practice my trick play called the pick up the puck and throw it past the goalie that I have been working on for a long time now.

Task 1: The Best Sim Hockey Life Experience

Task 6:
RESO the Raptor
Eternal Dino
His plays filled with vigour
His heart, even more so

RESO the Fin
Chaos out of nowhere
Using sign to his kin
His will to perform shown bare

RESO the Young Cub
Rookie among the Lions Den
“He certainly ain’t no scrub”
His skills mightier than the pen.

And so his boat arrives with minimal haught
Arise, Sir RESO the Argonaut.

Task 12:
A. Texas. That line of Watcher – Kvalheim – Kekkonen is a lethal mix of scoring and playmaking. That line has a combined total point tally of 212P, almost equally spread out between all players. If you need defence, no worries, leave that to the body laying machines known as Leppanen, Scianna and Brusky. And in net, the shutout leader Kavanagh keeping the net safe for Texas.
B. Easily Texas. Buffalo has been to the Challenge Cup Finals multiple times in recent memories, but Texas know that they will want to make this count. Kvalheim does not have many years left and they will want to leave it all on the ice. Buffalo may have suffered back-to-back loss to Hamilton, but they have the S55 Cup to fall back to.
C. As cool as the Texas logo is, with its dark and rough colours associating with the equally gritty and hard-hitting logo, I prefer the Buffalo branding. The main deal is that, whilst the Renegades have a better presentation imo, its rather close, leaving location. And personally, I much prefer the cold snowy north of Buffalo to the hot south of Dallas.
D. Rather easy answer here: Buffalo. See, In Dallas, you have the hot sand with mainly businesses and artificial scenery. And if you come during the Summer, you may as well go topless to avoid dehydration. With Buffalo, its luscious green comes serine in the Summer, and the white, eye-catching snow illuminate the Winter. And the Niagara Falls is within close distance, so to me, it’s a no brainer.

Task 15: Graduation

Task 17: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3048106

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 11:59 PM by 124715.)

Task 1 3 TPE
Carolina LR best.

Task 3 3 TPE
Let’s be real here - there’s no way the Carolina Kraken don’t come out on top. Just look at that logo. A gigantic head, with two ever watching eyes. And it doesn’t even take up most of the logo space! Look at all those tentacles. You can’t tell me those wouldn’t smack every other logo. And it’s in a heptagon. A HEPTAGON. How metal is that? A seven sided polygon. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that outside of math class (and let’s be honest, not that often in math class either.) As for who would lose first, probably the Maine Timber in large part because they’re the only other branding I can think of and it’s almost 11:59 PM ET so I’m running out of time. For real though, it would only take one wrap of those giant army of tentacles to snap the timber in half. Are they a tree? Or like, literal logs? Maybe a timber mining plant? If it’s the last one, it might be a little harder for the Kraken to win, but they’d manage.

Task 5 2 TPE
I don’t think I’m being biased when I say it’s gotta be the Carolina Kraken. They had one of the best rosters in the league this season, with tons of veteran depth. There was the star defender Jimmy Jimmy, who i’m pretty sure almost set some record this year. Not bad! The second line was nasty too, with the stud center Daud Ramza doing whatever centers do. Seriously, I don’t know what centers do. I don’t watch hockey. But I’m sure Daud Ramza was doing it. That guy can slap the heck out of a hockey ball. There were a lot of good players elsewhere on the team too. Finn von Murphenstein is a complete stud on the defensive side of the iceball. Elsewhere big names like Golden Face and Luukas Lilja made the team a force to be reckoned with.

Task 13 2 TPE
The players most worthy of being MVP are the players who come through in the clutch moments. At the same time, they need to rack up the big time aggregate stats. There’s no better example of this than the Kelowna squad’s 2-1 overtime thriller against the Armada. The team was fearlessly lead by star center Cian McFelter, who paced the team by a gargantuan 14 points in the regular season. He came through in the playoffs, too. In just 17 games, he put up a a terrifying 17 points. 5 goals helped the team win the cup, but the 12 assists truly show his worth as a team player.

Task 15 3 TPE
procrastination

Task 17 3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3047531

16 TPE total

Code:

Cool people hockey

+ 3

Code:

I would instantly attempt to beat anyone else up on the ice. Anyone is fair game right? Goalies, players, Jack Kanoff don’t care he is going to beat everyone up. Jack is a proud student in the school of Juni and has learned from many fighters and famed hitters in the past like Jean-Paul Boivin prior to the FHM era. Jack just has an overwhelming urge to beat people up and as a result of this rule change he would finally give in to his inner desires to pull out his inner Tom Wilson and hurt those that dare glance in his direction. Once in a while Jack might decide to score a goal or two. Maybe get into a fight with the goalie shortly afterwards but as long as Jack gets to fight hes a happy man. I believe these would let him make the most of his physical approach to the sport and gain a competitive advantage.

+ 3

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or I'm gonna track you down and give you a failing grade.

Jack Kanoff is a good player,
He likes to play hockey,
His shot reminds me of a laser,
Sometimes he eats pocky,

Jack likes to score a lot,
Sometimes he passes the puck,
He never wants to see a teammate rot,
Because he is not a cuck,

Jack likes playing for the argos,
Even if they have gabe,
He can carry that garbo,
Because jack is not lame,

Jack likes having fun,
And in shl theres a ton

+ 3

Code:

@reid

+3
Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3048158

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

Milestones +3 TPE
+3 for COTA Charity
Trivia = Grit +3

9/16

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons