Create Account

S59 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 03:58 PM by Clean Andrei Kostitsyn.)

Code:
1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task
From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best

it is clean

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

probabely just robbery and murder. very efectiv stratedgy. it work well for Ryan O'byrne, and Todd Bertuzzi. but maybe is too easy. not enoff clean. i not kno. maybe i just do noting and wait and let climate chandge melt the ice. then i can bring my swiming soot and swimfins and be best player onder water. Or maybe i bring sumos in wolf teem and put them all on the ice and ask them to lay in front of wolf net so it block all space and pocks. Also i would do laik myteedocks and bring a lasso so i can trap oponant player and attach them on wolf net post. Or maybee i bring a pock i can control wit reemote from bench. so i can guide pock around player and goalee and scor gols. But in realeety i not need purge becose am best player i can scor ton of gols.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or I'm gonna track you down and give you a failing grade.

why must i do
championship week
it smell laik poo
and make me feel geek

so many words
void of meaning
forgive me lords
am using Bing

for translation
am not the best
i seek redemption
better at the rest

am just here for score
other than that i am bore

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

i tink wolf teem was best teem becose wolf teem alweys hav been and always wil be best teem as long as andrei is heer becose i reelly want to meet queen of englend so i need win and we will becose am best player and i scor more gols then any player and i make mor hit than any player and am very teem player becose if you give me pock i scor and also i alweys say that wolf teem is best teem becose we is best teem. We hav grate coch and grate grand master with grate defanse and grate ofanse and even moch more grater goal tender so i hav no dowbt that next yeer we win cop and becom most biggest big dinasty and win 10 yeers in a row after wat we say okey is unfare and start let oder teems win for a bit.

Code:
7. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
To some, an interesting part of sports leagues is following celebrity fans (like Jack with the Lakers or 50 Cent with the Knicks last week) - who would be some relevant SHL celebrity fans? Which well-known celebrities would be superfans of which SHL teams?

i tink maybee the band We Are Wolves woud be big fan of new englend wolf teem becose their name is We Are Wolves and in new englend we are wolves. Also the band Wolfmother becose they are our mother. Also maybe Tyler the Creator becose he have song name Wolf and also brand with cap just laik our teem and also he is cool and we is cool too. Also maybee Leonardio Dicarpio becose he play in the wolf of wall street so he is also wolf and he also dress laik wolf in oder movie wher they finaly give him oscar out of pity.

CW TRIVIA LINK

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
clean

Code:
16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

Easy quastion. It would be jukka timoonen becose he hav lot of protein and he have beeg grand master brane so is very good for intaligance and also he hav lot of meet in his legs after carying bull teem evry seasson for so long. He also trane a lot and he hav be a brezerker befor so he is beeg man and if i eat his hart i hav beeg brezerker energy but am not canibal i just tink it woud be good for helth. Also the best reeson for eat juka is that no one woud notiss ever.

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: TBD
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): TBD

Wingers
Hits: 97 or more : 205
Special Points: 10 or more : 10
Give Aways (GvA): 32 or fewer : i hav 33 i tink is okey enof for 1 tpe yes?

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2021, 07:03 AM by leafs1997.)

1. 3 TPE
The SHL cares.

3. 3 TPE
If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, I think there'd be a clear winner. It has to be the Calgary Dragons, right? These mythical fire-breathing creatures can fly, so they'd be able to evade any attacks from other logos. So, logos with a "type" advantage like the Edmonton Blizzard wouldn't be able to get close enough to cause any damage. The Atlanta Inferno are quite similar, but I think the Calgary Dragons would have the size advantage over them as well. In terms of who'd be defeated first, I think it'd be between the Toronto North Stars or Winnipeg Aurora. That would be simply because both of them are stationary and don't really have any means of attacking the other logos? I suppose it'd be interesting to see how the Winnipeg Aurora can actually be defeated since the Aurora can't actually be touched? I think the Toronto North Stars would probably lose first, since someone would simply have to destroy the CN Tower. No means of attack, no means of defense. Nothing happening for them.

12. 4 TPE
a) I think its clear that Buffalo has more offensive firepower, considering they scored 305 goals in the regular season (33 more than Texas). Also, we can see multiple Buffalo players in the top stats categories in the playoffs as well. We have to scroll to the second page just to see any Texas players. This is interesting though, its quite close both offensively and defensively. Anyone's series to win!
b) I think Buffalo will have the bigger chip on their shoulder. Texas might not have made the Finals for several seasons, but lots of teams are in that scenario. On the other hand, Buffalo HAS made the Finals the past couple seasons but have fell short each time. Hamilton is out of the way, they need to get it done. 3rd time's the charm?
c) Primary logo, I'll give it to Texas. Both logos are clean, but I especially like the bandit look for Texas. Secondary logos, Texas wins easily. I'm not a fan of the Buffalo state secondary logo and I assume most people outside of Buffalo aren't either. Jersey-wise, I'm a big fan of dark color schemes, so Texas wins here as well. Overall, Texas all the way.
d) I'd have to go with Dallas. Living in Toronto right now, I think being able to experience a different style of living down south would be quite cool for the weekend. I have some family down in Dallas as well whom I haven't seen for awhile, so that's a plus. What's there to do in Buffalo?

15. 1+ TPE
hello

16. 2 TPE
If worst came to worst and I had to consume one of my peers, I'm definitely eating Cian McFelter. He's a good friend of Vlastislav Malik's. They love driving each other crazy but I think McFelter would be truly happy sacrificing himself to keep Malik alive. To be honest, he should offer himself up anyways considering he's so selfish right now. Everyone on KEL knows he doesn't pass to his linemates even though he's a playmaking Center. Imagine that! He can atone for all that by offering to be eaten by Malik and his other teammates so they can survive in this dire situation. We'll try to remember him. Maybe. Probably not.

17. 3 TPE
+3 TPE - Milestones

TOTAL: 16+

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021, 01:43 AM by JamesT.)

Code:
From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best

The SHL has allowed me to live out a potential hockey career and meet some very cool people!

Code:
The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

If there was a purge in the SHL, I would like to hack and slash every player that came in vicinity of me (not teammates of course) as well use an incredibly long hockey stick so I could swipe any puck in the defensive zone. While my offensive game will take a hit, I hopefully can provide my teammates chances by using my incredibly long reach and making the opposing team scratch their heads and try to counter me. I would also play like a complete jerk and trip, knee and hook any opposition that came near the puck and play like a goon. 

It might be difficult for myself to play normal hockey again once the SHL-purge is over but since it is legal for one day... you have to do what you have to do to help your team win. I just hope my playstyle doesn't carry over and other players look to exact revenge on me the next time we play. 

(164 words)

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

My prediction for the S59 IIHF tournament will be that Team  Canada will take home the gold once again and prove the entire world why hockey is Canada's game. Team Canada has an amazingly deep roster of talented players and the coaching/management staff will have many options on how they want to assemble their roster. Although I don't play a big part in production, I get the leisure of piggybacking off my teammates success and hopefully get a free $2M for winning gold again! I foresee us facing Team  Uk again in the finals and I think that the bronze medal would go to Team  Usa Team Canada has no signs of slowing down and hopefully Theo Morgan of the Hamilton  Steelhawks pops off during round robin play because I have him for my IIHF fantasy team! While we didn't dominate round robin play last year (had a record of 8-3-1) the time where it matters are in medal rounds and that is when Canada shows why hockey is our national sport. 

(173 words)

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Which of these teams has stronger offensive firepower?
b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?

a. Between the teams of Buffalo and Texas, I would have to give the edge for pure offensive firepower to the Buffalo  Stampede They have 8 players who are on a point per game pace in the playoffs so far and they have made it look effortlessly. As well during the regular season they had 8 players who had 60+ points. Buffalo has the edge in firepower between the two teams. 

(70 words)

b. I believe that Buffalo will have the bigger chip on their shoulder because they will not be facing Hamilton in the finals in recent playoff finals history. Being in two finals and losing to the same team twice really hurts your mental and with Texas defeating Hamilton, Buffalo has to be ecstatic about not having to face their familiar demons. Buffalo will be extremely hungry and look to win the cup this year.  

(73 words)

c. For the brandings between the Buffalo  Stampede and Texas  Renegades I would say I like the Texas  Renegades branding more. I personally like more dark colours and branding and think that the Renegades brand is more unique and cool for me. Having an angry cowboy looking at you can be intimidating so they have the edge in that area as well. 

(61 words)

d. I would choose to spend a long weekend in the city of Dallas because I hear the area of New York is heavily congested and people can be rude in that area so I would like to enjoy a relaxing weekend in the Texas weather (hopefully it's not too hot) and enjoy all the sites and sounds that the city of Dallas has to offer! 

(65 words)

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Thanos

Total: 16/16 TPE

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2021, 12:06 PM by gordieboom.)

From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best.

SHL is a unique, social and fun league.

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Which of these teams has stronger offensive firepower?
I think the Buffalo Stampede have a better offensive firepower than the Texas Renegades. If you just look at the SHL index regular season player stats you will see three players from Buffalo (Aron Hernadovic, Matt Kholin and Monkey D. Luffy) on top of the ranking before you see the first forward from Texas. Combined that with the fact that Buffalo obviously plays in a far better division.
b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
Third time is a charm they say, so i think Buffalo Stampede has the best odds to win the cup. Texas Renegades made it into the finals after a hard fought series against the reigning champions. They have a good team, but i doubt they can beat another top team from the strong East.
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
hmm good question. I am not a huge fan of both branding to be completely honest, but if i had to make a choice i think i would prefer the Buffalo Stampede. I don’t like the colors used in both logos. I like animal related stuff more than people related, so Buffalo has the slight edge.

Ayeaye

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: Milestone Claim (1 TPE)

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2021, 09:59 PM by charlieconway.)

Quote:1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task

Bouncy TPE gains

(+3)

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?

First of all, the Aurora and North Stars are in the sky while all the teams are fighting, so not only are they eliminated from contention, they’re relegated to the role of set dressing.

The Monarchs fall early to a Stampede of Buffalo and bulls (Rage). Those animals are brought down by a Syndicate of criminals wielding guns, who proceed to get into a shootout with some Renegades. Who wins that gunfight? Doesn’t matter, any survivors are mopped up by a Pride of Lions from San Francisco and Panthers from Los Angeles. Once the cats are done feasting on man flesh, they go to a nearby river and have some Barracuda for dessert.

Not to be outdone by mammals, a Platoon of eagles from Baltimore and Steelhawks from Hamilton descend from the sky to pluck out the eyes of the large cats. They caw in triumph, only to be brought down by a sudden Blizzard, which also beaches a nearby ship carrying a group of weathered Argonauts. The Argonauts just passed through an ancient waterway plagued by Specters, but made it out alive. They then wait the blizzard out, only to be attacked from behind by a (New England) Wolfpack.

The Wolves are all that’s left… or so it seems. A (Calgary) Dragon appears on the horizon, getting ever closer, and soon it brings an all-consuming Inferno that burns to ashes the corpses of the fallen.

The Dragons and the Inferno are crowned the winners.

(+3)

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

Hamilton, easy. For some reason, they're a helluva team every single season in recent memory. They have an accomplished roster and competent management... frankly, I'm shocked they aren't in the finals again this season.
I can't say they're a clear notch above either finalist this post-season, but they certainly are in that tier, and have every right to claim to be the best of the teams that missed out.
Honorable mention to Chicago, who still have a great roster even if they’re aging out a bit now, and a homer pick in Toronto who didn’t even make the playoffs due to the absolute shitshow that is the Great Lakes division.

(+2)

Quote:7. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
To some, an interesting part of sports leagues is following celebrity fans (like Jack with the Lakers or 50 Cent with the Knicks last week) - who would be some relevant SHL celebrity fans? Which well-known celebrities would be superfans of which SHL teams?

Safe to assume that Mike Myers would be at every Toronto North Stars game he could manage.
Viggo Mortensen would be that dude that you’re surprised to find out that he’s had a Montreal Patriotes jersey underneath his clothes for years even though they’re a recent expansion team.
Every Hollywood celebrity with a passing interest in hockey would be a Panthers fan.
The Chicago Syndicate would be the go to for every wannabe gangster, though I’m not so sure you could call them celebrities… maybe in the crime world.
You could maybe make the argument that some actors would be drawn toward teams that share a theme with their most notable roles. Mark Ruffalo would be a good fit for the Rage given his time as the Hulk. Benedict Cumberbatch, the guy that played Smaug, would fit right in wearing a Dragons jersey.
Finally, what better team for the Queen of England to cheer for than the Minnesota Monarchs?

(+2)

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification: colossus

(up to +3)

Quote:17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Link to the claim.

(+3)

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021, 05:00 AM by jRuutu.)

Index is nice

I'm not the fastest player on skates, so I need to rely on the element of surprise. I would follow another player and see what they are doing. If they go for something dirty, I wait a little bit before making my move. If the player in the opposite team manages to get away from the original contact dished out by the teammate, I will come in and land a free hit when they least expect it.

What I do have going on for me is my size. I'm pretty tall. That translates into fair reach. I would use my stick in creative ways. Hooking and tripping are obvious techniques to gain an advantage on the ice. However, what many don't know is that I used to be a decent javelin thrower in my younger days. I would throw my stick like its an javelin. That could be useful if and when players are skating with the puck and I'm well behind. Nice throw, and you could even knock the player over. (164)

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?

I think Calgary Dragons would be the winner. Dragons? Yea, they are going to win and I reckon it might not be close. They can spit fire and fly, that is almost unfair.  Manhattan Rage and the bull could be a strong candidate for the final showdown as bulls are beasts, full of muscle.  Buffalo Stampede does not have the Rage element, so they won't make it into the final. The same goes for wolves and other animals left.

The teams that would lose first are Texas, Minnesota, and Chicago. These three teams have a human in their logo, easily and early L as one blow from a dragon or a bull and they are out.

Atlanta and Baltimore have birds in their logo, so they will at least have the ability to avoid some hits. Eventually, they will get tired and lose out as they don't have that much going on offensively. Same with Barracuda and the fish. The fish might be able to swim around and avoid getting hit, but eventually, death is the result. (177)

What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

The United States had a strong tournament last year. Ten wins from 12 games. They are going to be up there again, the depth in their system is so significant that even if few players retire or go through tough regression treatments, the USA can put together a strong lineup. Canada is a similar team with depth and talent. However, last year Canadians won ''only'' eight games from 12, but they did score the second-most goals, so I'm expecting them to have a bit of a bounce-back year as they look to finish first in the standings.

Teams not doing well. Finland could be one. Last year Finland won only two games. Same of course with few other teams. If Finland is not able to work hard and play for the team, they might have a tough tournament again as they don't have too many superstar players. Speaking of players, I'm expecting Theo Morgan to have a strong tournament. A Jobin in net and Augustus Wong are also players everybody should keep an eye on. They all had great years. Can they do the same on the IIHF level? (189)

Larry the Cable Guy is a huge fan of the Tampa Bay Barracuda. The look of the team with the logo, colors, etc spoke to Larry. He has been a fan since.

Bear Grylls is reportedly a massive fan of Winnipeg Aurora. Bear is a man of nature. Allegedly, every time Bear sees the Winnipeg Aurora logo or hears the name, Bear is reminded about good times in the woods.

Joe Biden shocked the media not so long ago as he talked about his favorite team - Atlanta Inferno. Joe mentioned that he has been a fan for years. His dad was a fan, so Joe he grew up watching the team. Only natural that he also started to follow The Inferno. (120)

verification word: word

If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

I don't know much about the fine details of eating humans. From movies and television, I have learned that you might want to eat those who have the most fat? And avoid those who are completely ripped and have very little fat? This might be unfair, but I think goalies might not be as likely to be complete beasts in comparison to forwards and defenders? If that is the case, I will look into eating one of the backups of some team. They spend most of the time sitting on the bench. If I need to throw one name out there, I will say Shiqa Vitalievich of Chicago Syndicate.

Since Shiqa is a backup goalie, I would not feel too bad about eating them. And as mentioned, the odds of gaining nutrition are at least slightly higher if Shiqa has any fat on their body. (140)

=16
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2021, 01:47 PM by TheFlash.)

Code:

Earning be easy

Code:

I think the obvious things come up, as mentioned above. No rules, so trying to Cherry pick and just get breakaways all game would be pretty fun. Could put your team at a defensive disadvantage though. I think what I’d do, is I’d wait for the the puck to go into the corner, big puck battle sort of situation, and sneak it into my glove. Since there’s no refs, no whistles, everyone would have to continue playing. While we’re all searching for the puck, I’d say “oh, I think I see it down here”, and sneak off to the other end of the ice. Meanwhile, I’d drop it right behind the other goalie and BAM, easy goal! That, or I’d take the other team’s skates, and loosen the screws on their blades. Over time, they’d all lose their footing and wouldn’t realize that all of them had been effected until we took advantage of it!!

Code:

Okay. This is a pretty fun one. Let’s start off by eliminating the ones who simply don’t have the ability to do physical damage. That means Aurora and North Stars? Sorry, you’re out! I mean, one is a light effect caused by the reflections off of ice (maybe? I don’t know if that’s actually how it works) and a Star that’s likely already dead by the time we see it! (It’s pretty bright though, I’ll give them that).

I’m also going to assume this is one of each, and not an army of each logo. So I mean, the Barracuda is simply a fish, so that’s out. All of the other remaining logos could easily beat it or just avoid the water. Next up would be the Syndicate, Renegades, Monarchs and Argonauts. I will say that a man could kill a few of these, but I think they just lose one and one, assuming it’s a weapon less battle.

Most of the rest are just regular animals, and probably don’t stand a chance against a few of the more mythical creatures. I’d say they’d be killed in this order; Blizzard (it’s a fox, not a Wolf I believe l), Platoon, Steelhawks (they’re birds), Wolfpack, Panthers, Pride, Stampede, Rage.

So by my count, that leaves three. I think the Dragons and Inferno (it seems to be a firebird of sorts, so not just a regular bird) battle it out. But wait. How does one kill a SPECTRE!!!! That’s right, can’t really kill a ghost. Now if a team was called the Priests or the Exorcists, we’d have a different ending here.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or I'm gonna track you down and give you a failing grade.

I once was a top draftee
Was active and posting a lot
Earning so much TPE
But doing it every week, I was not.

Inactive I went for a month or so
Missed on some PTs
To the activity checks, I did not go
Vanished like the breeze

Behind in my class I did fall
Everyone passed me by
But I returned, and started doing it all
I realized it’s rather easy, all I must do is try

Though now I’m up for the expansion draft
To a new team I will go, and perfect my craft

Code:

It’s my team! The Raptors. We were building for this season for a couple seasons now. Had I think four one five 425 players, one of the top goalies in the league, lots of 350 players as well. But the sim being the fickle mistress, we were let down. Just couldn’t consistently put it together and get swept in round one. I’m think we had like 18 shootouts all year, so definitely lost some points along the way. It’s a damn shame we couldn’t win it all, as it was my last year with the team!! (Probably). In the SHL, I’d say gl the Steelhawks! Such a great regular season, they got into a jam against Texas and just couldn’t pull it out. I think they’ll be back next year.

Code:
SHL Milestones: TBD
SMJHL Milestones (for sendowns: TBD

WINGER
Goals -> 20 or more (21)
+/- -> +15 or higher (+20)
Shots on goal -> 161 or more (183)

Pt pass

Code:
Best Sim Community

Code:
I remember when we had first changed over to the FHM sim engine there were many people looking at all the possible ways to scheme the system. And by that I mean find loopholes in the sim engine that would make it easy or give you an edge for the game or season. Off the top of my head, I remember having multiple amounts of crease clearing defensemans would really help the defensive capabilities of your team. Also, I think if you would leave an empty spot on the 4th line your top line would be able to get more playing time or the matchups would get somewhat out of whack and make it better for your team. So my "illegal" things I would do on the ice would be to tweak the engine and the lines that we have in Calgary to give us every possible glitch in our favor. Maybe we will go undefeated and some of our players would be able to break Theo Morgans records that he just keeps on adding to the SHL History Book.

Code:
I think the easiest way for us to realize who would win in the fight would be a process of elimination. So looking strictly at who we have here, we have some intense animals who have been able to be dangerous for many centuries in the real world. But how would they fair against each other? The Aurora first of all, have no chance. It is an Aurora, it is not dangerous. But it is pretty to look at. We can hold the fight there so we make sure Winnipeg is involved. We can easily eliminate the North Stars because all it is is the CN Tower. The Dragons would burn that to the ground. The Barracuda and the Monarchs do not scare me one bit. The Renegade is a tiktok dance and I guess we are not allowed to fight underage children. So we have eliminated the ones I think have no chance, but looking at who would make it to the finals, let me pick one from either conference. I think the fire birds with the Inferno and the Dragons have the upper hand because of the fact they can fly and would not be affected by Stampedes or the Wolfpack or Rage and whatnot. They would only be able to fight each other with fire in the air and would make for a great finals to watch. Maybe just as good as Texas vs Buffalo.

Code:
I think a lot of people would agree with me on this one and say that the Hamilton Steelhawks are a surprise not to be in the finals this season. They had 2 of the best forwards in the history of our league, in the statistical sense, and they were not able to make the finals. They did go up against one of the more in-depth teams in our league, the Texas Renegades, but the Steelhawks are still the defending champions and can not be taken lightly. They have been a dynasty for a very long time and have been able to stay relevant for as long as I can remember. Theo Morgans season will be one of the toughest to take down in History for us here in the SHL but it was not enough to take his team to the final. Congratulations and I applaud Texas for being able to contain that dynamic duo of an offence, but I would not be surprised to see the silver and blue in the finals next year with a vengeance with what happened.

Code:
We all know that the two typical teams we see go far in the IIHF tournament is Canada and the United States. But let us look at some other teams. And the one I want to look at is the one that I am lucky enough to drape over my chest, and that is Latvia. I have to give major props to the man in charge here for our nation and that is Boris Poroshenko. He was able to recruit some new talent into our dry nation. It is a tough task at hand for him because we are not the main attraction that is forsure. We have been a bottom tournament team for the longest time and I do not think we have come out of the group stage ever since I have been around but that CAN change here, and emphasis on the CAN. We are a little young when it comes to competing but Boris has done a great job at assembling a core of young talent that can be led by himself, Nat Emerson, Calogero Crudelli and Myself. And the major one I have not mentioned yet is Kata Vilde in nets. Addressing our goaltending issue was on Boris radar and knew thats what we have been missing all along. That might really be the missing piece to coming out of the group stage and get a step in the right direction for Latvia in IIHF competitions.

Code:
d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?
b. I think that Buffalo really has the chip on their shoulder. Texas was going into the Conferene Finals stage with no real pressure because everyone counted them out against Hamilton. They have been able to pull the upset and come out of that to make the finals. Everyone is looking at Buffalo going "Okay, you do not have to face Hamilton so let us see if you are able to beat the other guys in the league for the cup." Some might even say that Buffalo is running out of time and that the dynasty might be coming to an end because of the strength of their division. Should make for a fun narrative in the finals this season.
d. Oh my god this might be the easiest thing to answer, obviously Dallas. I hope everyone here has been healthy and not affected by covid but Dallas is HAPPENING right now. I would love to be able to go have some drinks and just party like the real world we knew 14-15 months ago. Also in general Dallas seems like the place to be compared to Buffalo. They even have a TV show named after them but I have never heard of a show called Buffalo, so Dallas wins.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2021, 08:11 AM by Salming.)

It has traditions.

Of course Hamilton Steelhawks. They had most points in regular season on the SHL. 113 points is a massive number. They won 56 out of 66 games. Goal differential was huge +163. Also on individual level they had great success. Morgan broke 100 point limit with 102 points and Jobin had 44 wins in a net. Unfortunately he let the team down in the playoffs a little bit and lost a goalie battle to Texas' goalie. It is very rare that if your point percentage is 85,6% you don't go to finals at least. It must be a huge disappointment for Hamilton's organisation but they will be stronger again next year.

Words: 111

Like always, I expect big nations to succeed. Canada, Sweden, Finland, Russia and USA are powerhouses which should dominate this event year after year because hockey culture is there something else than in for example in Japan, Great Britain, Ireland, Austria, Norway or Latvia. Czechs are a dark horse for me because my teammate from Argonauts mr. Michael Scarn can carry them to everything. I also expect that Germany's hockey will continue its rising. Last season they were fourth in round robin on group B after USA, UK and Sweden and who knows if that continues. From Nordic countries I expect that Finland will be much stronger this year. Finland was dead last on group A among seven teams in its group on round robin stage with only two wins. This season team I know Finland will improve and last season's disappointment won't happen again. When it comes to Russia, I expect the same. They are way too big hockey nation to underperform again which means everything lower than achieving a spot in the finals.

Words 175

SHL is a tough league. It is world's best virtual hockey league. Players are very smart, clever, gutsy, brave and relentless. That means also fans are die-hard fans. They really care about their teams. That's why a fan of the SHL needs be a tough guy who has passion. Poker players are often smart, brave, clever and don't afraid mistakes. They have also money to pay about good seats in the rinks. Poker players are also relentless and gutsy like players on the ice. Daniel Negreanu is a fan of Vegas Golden Knights in the real life and I can't see any reason why he wouldn't be a fan of Seattle Argonauts too because both clubs has legendary themes. Doyle Brunson could be a fan of a franchise who has been in a league many seasons so he could be a fan of Hamilton Steelhawks. 

Words: 145

Verification word: Borje

I would eat probably Teylora Petrov from New England Wolfpack. He is 6ft 5in defender who has lot of size and that means I would get a lot of nutrition from his body which is very large indeed. Also he scored only 22 points this season so losing him wouldn't hurt too much Wolfpack's defensive core I guess. Of course it would be a shame for Petrov because his great career is just beginning but no can do. Sometimes you have to sacrifice your body so others can enjoy it. I am sure Teylora would understand my decision. I appreciate him a lot too and that's why I would like to taste him.

SHL Milestones (+1 TPE): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045669

+16 TPE, thank you

[Image: salming.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 04:14 PM by krazko.)

Code:

Best hockey sim

3 TPE

Code:

For once his should be quite an unanimous answer from everyone with the Hamilton Steelhawks missing out on the finals for the first time since season 55. Has their time as the dominating force in the league come to an end?
The Steelhawks wiht only 1 player under 1000 TPE, the backup goalie, has one of, if not the, strongest teams in the league and with their previous record of 3 straight finals, the Steelhawks were by many (myself included) seen as the favorite to winning the title again, so them missing out with the extremely strong team they possess is very surprising.
Their regular season showed no sign of them not making the playoffs, losing only 10 games, the Buffalo Stampede had 50% more losses and made the finals.

2 TPE

Code:

While there are a few candidates, Tony Pepperoni, Toast & Strawberry Sailfish to name a few, the choice will be Puddles O'Duck, given the simple fact he is indeed a duck and ducks are known to be quite tasty and nutritious when prepared well. Given the size of Mr O'Duck he should also be able to eat for a number of servings, proving we only need to off 1 player to serve our need for food. An additional benefit is the many different ways you can prepare duck, giving us plenty of choices and ways to not have to eat the exact same thing every day. 

2 TPE

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

ISFL affiliate

3 TPE

Code:

Hobbes

3 TPE

Code:

Milestone claim

3 TPE

Total TPE: 3 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 16

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2021, 05:58 AM by Raven.)

Code:

The great community

Code:

First of all we have to find out what we are working with. We have everything ranging from Phoenixi, Eagles, Stempeding buffalo, hawks, bulls, man with flags, wolves, forges?, ugly fish, a star, dragons, the mob, a fox, panthers, a king, specters, a lion, boooooooooooats, masked man and the aurora borealis, at this time of year? At this time of day, localized entirely within this league? yes. We got some big contenders here and we also have some things we can instantly dismiss. A froge, star, boat and the aurora borealis are hardly going to kill anyone and so we can easily eliminate them. *but raven the argonauts are a boat with warriors on them*, I dont care I only see boat no people on boat. I think the big stanout straight away are the dragons and the specters. How can you kill a death thing? Unless one team was modeled after the ghostbusters you aint dealing with a ghost and newsflash there isn't a ghostbuster team. I think a dragon would kill everything and then just kinda have to duke it out with a ghost. I am not sure how that is going to go, so I will likely just make this a draw. The dragon will die some day and then they can duke it out in the spirit world.

Code:

Michael Cera is a good ol' canadian boy and is born in Brampton, a city suburb of Toronto. So Michael Cera would totally be a big fan of the Toronto North Stars and visit every game he can. Joel McHale despite being born in Italy, having a father from Chicago and a mother from Vancouver is a big Seattle Seahawks fan. He has also been spotted at hockey games so I can absolutely link him to the Seattle Argonauts. Once upon a time a young Steve Carell was a goalie prospect for his university team. Hailing from Concorn, Massachusetts we can probably assume he would be a big fan of the New England Wolfpack and part of the packfans.

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

After the S59 playoffs your challenge cup winners are the TEXAS RENEGADES! In convincing fashion the Renegades made quick work of the Buffalo Stampede, beating them in 5 games. Seeing as the gamelogs are shite and I cannot really decipher who did what in the finals I am going to have to make a guess who did well. When looking at the point totals I think a name that stands out to me is Alexander Wachter. I do not remember him being at the top of the point board, but after that final he damn well is. Therefor he gets the series MVP vote from me. He played really well collection mad points to help his team past a big buffalo team. A wildcard secundary vote will be goalie Cillian Kavanagh.

Code:

TriviaFun

Code:
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116299
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116278

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045484 + 3 TPE

16/16

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

0. https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=318700
1. Playoff hockey is best playoffs sports and hockey = SHL

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page