Create Account

S59 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021, 11:49 AM by ValorX77.)

Task 1:
A very simple update system and a great community. (+3 TPE)

Task 2:

A hockey purge has arrived, and the Anaheim outlaws are well prepared for this battle. Videl has a few abilities that other players do not have that she can use to her advantage during the purge. The first big boost, is that she can fly, which is canonical to her Dragon Ball Z counterpart, meaning she could literally snipe goalies from the scoreboard if she needed to. The next big advantage she has is that she could drop the gloves without even looking, basically she’ll have the license to hook or trip anyone she chooses, because there is no such thing as a trip to the penalty box during the simulation hockey league purge. Our goalies would also be able to have oversized equipment, making it practically impossible to be able to score a goal. Also they can deek out players at will, making goalie goals a common occurrence. The last advantage Videl has on others, is that she could simply throw other players out of the rink, or attack the goalie. Remember kids, hockey is a game of Aggression. (180 words +3 TPE)

ISFL Affiliate PT +3 TPE

Task 11:
Valor Talks Quickie +4 TPE

Task 15:
The word is Valor (+3 TPE)

+16 TPE total

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 12:06 PM by Count Chocula.)

Code:
1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task
From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best

We have a Beeg Yoshi

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

The best team to not be in the SMJHL finals yet again was the Newfoundland Berserkers. They had an amazing season this year finishing third overall. They got all star performances from Jesse Trudeau and Leon Athanasios all season, who put up 64 and 57 points respectively. They also had 50 point seasons from Nike Kickz Jr and Ric Charlesworth. They boasted one of the strongest top 6 lineups in the entire SMJHL. On top of that they had a terrific rookie season performance out of Evil AllBran who looks like a future star in the making. Not only that, but in perhaps his final season with the team Goalie Hugo Gronroos put up his best season yet with a 2.2 GAA and a .907 Sv%. All in all they deserved to be in the finals with the team they put together.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I feel like one of the players to watch in the upcoming IIHF tournament is going to be Bobby Sharp. He had an All-star season leading the Buffalo Stampede this season. He has been on fire all year, an a big reason for Buffalo's dominance. With a strong team surrounding him on USA he should be able to elevate his game. He will likely be paired with Bobby Lane and Julio Tokolosh, which are two superstars in their own right. As the man in the middle , Sharp, will have more offensive weapons to dominate the other teams. With his help, USA could see another Gold medal around their necks. As a Team, I expect the Swiss to have even more success this tournament. With players like Finn-Rhys and Selman announcing his retirement, they are returning after another strong season of play, they have the firepower to go far. Their younger depth players have also continue to show significant improvement over the past few seasons, which will improve their bottom six. Guys like Keirkegaard stepped up last year and I am expected big this from the Swiss roster heading into this tournament. I feel like anything less than a bronze would be a disappointment.

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Which of these teams has stronger offensive firepower?
b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?

a. Looking at the 2 teams on paper, Buffalo has the more offensively overpowering team. Matt Kholin, Aron Hernadivic, Monkey D. Luffy, and Augustus Wang all averaged over a point per game for Buffalo. Texas only had 3 players reach that milestone this season. Buffalo even had 3 more players with 60+ points just miss out as well.

b. Buffalo will definitely have the bigger chip on their should coming into this finals appearance. They have arguably been the better team heading into their last 2 finals appearances. However Buffalo's biggest detriment has been their inability to cheat, inevitably leading to their losses to Hamilton. Now that they are going to be playing a team on even ground they will want to prove themselves.

c. Definitely prefer the Renegades branding over the Stampede. I have said multiple times that Buffalo's branding is probably the worst in the league. All the way from their logo favoring a buffalo and not a stamped to their eye sore of a color scheme. Texas has a clean logo more fitting to their name and simple yet intimidating colors.

d. I would rather hang out in Dallas, because there isn't shit to do in Buffalo. In Dallas I would definitely enjoy some of the best BBQ in the nation. I'm also big on architecture, so I would Visit the arts district, Perot Museum, and Reunion Tower. Of course I'd have to get some new gear at the Highland Park Village too. Dallas seems like a metropolis of the south.

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

JNH

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
+1 - S59 Milestones

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2021, 10:28 AM by Fantobens.)

1: +3 tpe
Hockey. Nerds. Friendship.

2: +3 tpe
The shl purge would be a blood bath. Mostly because of me. I wouldn’t even bring a stick. Just wrapped hands dipped in glue and glass just like one of my hero’s Jean Claude van dam.
Just go out there and punch people. I’d have to be wearing like full diamond armor or something. I know other people will bring chainsaws and flamethrowers and dildos.
We should probably not use anything that generates fire, you know so we don’t melt the ice. But whatever. I’m punching you with glass hands.
I’ll need to cut a trap door in the armor so I can tea bag my foes after I glass punch them. But they will all have helmets on. Glass punching will end up hurting me more.
On second thought, it’s a purge, I can do whatever I want. I’d probably just take the night off and stay home. I don’t want to get hurt. Let everyone else kill each other. I’ll be the only one at work tomorrow.

5: +2 tpe
This one is pretty easy. The Hamilton steel hawks are the best team to miss the finals. They won the presidents trophy. Also, on paper, I would say that they are the second best team in the league behind the Buffalo stampede. The unfortunate end to their season was they had to play the Texas Renegades. Who were a buzz saw. Who ever played the renegades was going to lose. They just had to play them in the semi finals. Unfortunately for the Great Lakes, only one of them can get to the finals now. So definitely reuse this question. So season after season everyone can write about Buffalo or Hamilton.

7: +2 tpe
I can not really speak to other teams best or most famous fans, but what I do know is we have a legend in Dallas. One that is at almost every home game. So much he even has his own night. The man I am speaking of is the original renegade Lorenzo Llamas. There’s bobble heads and leather vests and headbands. It’s pretty awesome. Also, he doesn’t come to as many games, there is a chuck norris night. Where all kids in attendance get a pair of action jeans. They are pretty sweet. They feel like jeans but you can do high kicks and shit with them. And they are boot cut.

15: +3 tpe
renegades

17: +3 tpe
Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045444

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 09:57 PM by xTri.)

Code:

From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best

Evok is here  Citadelles

PBE PT +3 TPE

Code:
15. Trivia +3 TPE

Kappa

17. Milestones +2 TPE
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021, 06:25 PM by MyLittleHexx.)

16/16

3 words on why the SHL is the best

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

One game where all rules are thrown out of the window? That's easy, you just slip the arena workers that manage the ice an extra $100 bucks to not have the ice chillers on. Then you tell your team what's up, and no one wears their skates. Puck drop, have your entire team jump on the ice, plus the healthy scratches, and start beating the hell out of the other team. Or at least tie them up long enough while one player grabs the puck and throws it in the net. From there, it's a brawl until the clock goes off and the period ends. What do you do for the second period? Simple, Have your goalie flip the net over and brawl again until the end of the period. You also tell the ice crew to turn the ice chillers back on. For the third period, you brawl again, but on skates. At this point, the other team expects no ice again, but hopefully the ice is cold enough to be an annoyance to them.

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?

If the real life version of all 18 SHL teams were to fight, who would win? Well, first you can eliminate the Manhattan Rage, Tampa Bay Barracuda, Buffalo Stampede, Baltimore Platoon, Hamilton Steelhawks, New England Wolfpack, Los Angeles Panthers, Minnesota Monarchs, and San Francisco Pride. All these teams are either fleshy meat bags, whether it be human, animal, or pack of animal. The Texas Renegades would be the next to go, as a group of fleshy meat bags wouldn't be able to last against a big ship or even spooky ghosts. The same can be said about the Chicago Syndicate, though I'd imagine they'd last longer for the connections they have and the illegal things they could get their hands on. The Toronto North Stars and Winnipeg Aurora aren't even things that could fight, so I guess they'd be eliminated. In the end you'd have Calgary Dragons, New Orleans Specters, Seattle Argonauts, Atlanta Inferno, and the two expansion teams but I don't remember their brandings so they lose. Anyways, be all end all of the fight would be the Atlanta Inferno because it's a fucking phoenix, it would just be reborn and finish the fight if it died.

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?

Of the two teams, the obvious choice for stronger offensive firepower would be the Buffalo Stampede. However, I think Texas has made some huge strides the past season and could honestly firepower that out performs the Buffalo Stampede. Only time will tell who comes out with the cup and better firepower though.

It's hard to say who has a bigger chip. Overall, I'd say the Texas Renegades have a larger chip on the shoulder entering the finals. Buffalo has a consistently been to the finals since S36, with multiple cup wins. That said, to be held out of the finals since winning the cup, that can really motivate a team to overcome the odds that Buffalo seems to have.

Both teams have great branding, where if they are ever moved or redesigned it will be a difficult adjustment to make. Overall, I'd say the Texas Renegades might have the better branding to me, just because the alternate logo works in some different colors. The black and white is rough, but the colors of the US really helps make that logo pop.

Depends on the time of year, but I think I'd enjoy a long weekend hanging out in Dallas. If I could just sit on a ranch some where, drinking some beer and shooting guns I'd be happy. Maybe do some fishing, have a big barbeque. The possibilities are endless, though the heat would be the biggest negative about spending a long weekend there.

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

missuse

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Hockey Talk Tonight

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

If this ever were to happen, I believe that Mr. Friedland would coordinate with his defensive partner to gear up in some massive 45+3 Reebok Premier 3 goalie pads and a massive blocker and trapper. While Luca Del Vechio plays at the top of the crease, freidland will be stacking the pads deep in the crease on the red line. Meanwhile I’d have to convince the offence to do the same – This will reduce the amount of line changes and perhaps we could and would break some defensive records. There is no way we will score but we can reinforce the defensive wall throughout the entire game. If this pans out perhaps we will finish with a tie which is admirable against a tough opponent. Perhaps the entire team would have the huge blockers to punch the other dudes in the face for even getting remotely close. I think this would be very effective especially against great lakes teams .

If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?

- The tampa bay barracuda would be the first eliminated. It’s just a stupid fish. I’m thinking that the Platoon and Steelhawks logo’s would eat this fish without question.

- Next, the syndicate, Monarchs and Renegades logo’s would likely team up since they are all human – they would likely attempt to kill the livestock logos for food – this means that the Manhattan rage and buffalo stampede logo’s will be slain.

- I’m thinking the wolfpack and blizzard would fight eachother and the wolfpack would win – it just looks like a more vicious animal. Then the LA panthers logo would swoop in and kill the new England logo.

- I’m thinking now is when the pride logo would eat the panthers logo and then the weird new orleans logo would use the touch of death and kill the pride logo with ease (some kinda death touch).

- As the more abstract logos attempt to do something (toronto’s logo, seattles ship logo) the Calgary Dragon and the Atlanta inferno would light up the skies and destroy everything. They’d burn eachother to a crisp – and all that remains is the aurora borealias – the Winnipeg logo would WIN!

4. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or I'm gonna track you down and give you a failing grade.

Expansion drafts are really fun
Two new teams are here to stay
I thought that I was number one
Until I checked my phone that day

There was a message from JR
Saying sorry man you gotta goes
I gasped in awe and puffed my cigar
Holy shit I’ve been exposed

I cried and cried in my back porch
I wasn’t ready to go yet
Will I Be a Philadelphia forge?
Or will I be a patriot?

Will I ever win a cup?
Or is my time simply up?

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

I think the best team to NOT make the finals this year was the Hamilton Steelhawks – WOW the Hamilton steelhawks and the finals – name a better duo right? Well.. .WRONG ! theo Morgan had an INSANE bounce back season with 102 points, ultimately adding more accreditation to his very convincing hall of fame portfolio and Jobin was insane in net. I am very sure that everyone is upset that Texas beat the Hamilton Steelhawks in 7 Games in order to advance – it seems like the entire league wanted to see HAMILTON vs BUFFALO in the finals since it would be weird an unique. To be honest, Hamilton had all of the fire power and defense and goaltending but they still couldn’t get it done. Texas are going to be a rough team to play – good luck buffalo.

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

After checking out the IIHF rosters, I’ve ocme to the conclusion that the TOP 3 TEAMS will be United States, Canada and Great Britain. I think that Japan will surprise and make it further than we expect – and I think that the bottom 3 teams will feature IRELAND, AUSTRIA and LATVIA. I think Ireland would be lucky to even get one win this season – seeing their roster was very sad.
Ultimately I think the top 5 teams will be
Great Britain, United States, Canada, Sweden, Russia

And the bottom teams will be
Ireland, Latvia, Austria, Finland, Norway.

The middle teams will be
Japan,Czechia, Germany, Switzerland,

+16 TOTAL TPE!
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 12:36 PM by _Blitz_.)

It just is.

In a battle royale, I think Toronto stands to do the most damage, and in the right conditions could win. It’s got half the CN Tower in the logo, so if it falls over on a melee stack of most of the physically tangible mascots, I think it’d take them out quite handily, especially if it landed after Tig’s weird boat
In a tournament, there could be some interesting match-ups. Edmonton’s arctic fox versus LA’s Panther; a mobster with presumably a Tommy gun against a dragon; a phoenix versus a buffalo.
Ultimately, though, I’m not really sure how some of them would be settled; I think it’d come down to New Orleans versus Winnipeg, and I think that ends in a stalemate. How is a ghost gonna fight a force of nature? There aren’t really any logos equipped to fight a ghost or an aurora borealis in the SHL. Maybe when we expand to 22 teams, there can be the Kansas City Ghostbusters and the Omaha Solar Crosswind franchises.
(169 Words)

7. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
To some, an interesting part of sports leagues is following celebrity fans (like Jack with the Lakers or 50 Cent with the Knicks last week) - who would be some relevant SHL celebrity fans? Which well-known celebrities would be superfans of which SHL teams?

I could see the Afflecks, being the notable Bostonians that they are, going for New England, but vintage Wolfpack, not the current logo. I could see a lot of celebrities who retcon their midwestern roots with New York and LA loyalties repping the Panthers and the Rage. Especially the Panthers, with all of the time and love that @Wasty put into those jerseys and that branding. I feel like Toronto is a split pros-cons; on the one hand, Drake would probably have a Kandinsky or Carpet jersey, but I could also see Rick Moranis and Mike Myers rooting for the Star Gang. Unlike NHL Toronto, however, I feel like most of the Canadian and a fair few “just like the jersey” fans would probably go in for Calgary and Hamilton, possibly a few Edmonton fans as well.
(137 Words)

Daisy

16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

Julio is definitely USDA Choice. Pure grass-fed beef from the heartland, can’t go wrong. I imagine he’s in high demand, though. Luckily, there are alternatives. Buffalo rookie Chimkin Wing started out as a chicken tender and is now a wing. Not a bad start, but perhaps he’s a “boneless” chicken wing, which is really an over-baked chicken nugget that’s been coated in sauce. Edmonton prospect Pasta the Turtle would probably make a good turtle soup. Others might opt for the dubiously named Strawberry Sailfish; they’re probably Swedish, since only a Swede would consider a radioactively red fish that’s been dead that long to be edible.
(105 Words)

17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

S59 SHL Milestones

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2021, 12:50 AM by Ronniewalker.)

Code:

The SHL is the best because of all the people here now and in the past all working to make it the best and despite some bumps in the road that are only natural to occur in any endeavor, doing a very fine job for the most part Smile

Code:

The first to be eliminated would probably be the Barracuda, because with so many teams with predatory birds on their shields, it would be naive to think at least some of them wouldn’t poach that fish at first sight.

Besides that, there is a bunch of other predators and then a few beasts of prey in the ranks also. Obviously the Buffalo of Buffalo and ever the Raging Rhino of Manhattan would find it hard to overcome all of a Wolfpack, a lion Pride, a pack of Panthers, all the birds of prey and then even a Dragon and a Phoenix, and if they would still manage to survive all those, the Syndicate would probably come along at some point and make erection-inducing powder or exploit all of the above for other such business commodities in any case.

Another thing are the natural phenomena logos, like the Blizzard and the Aurora and the North Stars, but it’s hard to see what real power they have to rival the all-encompassing reach of the Syndicate either in this time of technological advancement.

What you can be pretty sure of in the world though is that as long as there are social beings in it, there will be those aspiring to be Monarchs, those to make up their Platoons and those few Renegades that will be there to fight the establishment, whatever it may be. There will also still be those would-be conjurers, Specters and fake-news-artists looking gain what they can by peddling their own truths and untruths to those stuck in confusion and ignorance between those conflicting sides. While the Argonauts probably have gathered the experience over their long journey to tell one from the other, it is uncertain what even they would be able and willing to to about any of these things.

The only thing that seems to be able to overcome all these, after a fashion, might be the Phoenix of the Atlanta Inferno, since even after being exploited and monetized to oblivion by the Syndicate, they should still be able to rise from their ashes time and time again. So even though they may lose their battles, they are invincible in their essence.
(365 words)

Code:

It’s not hard to point out the best team not to make the finals this season, as it was clearly the team most people, though unwillingly, expected to make it there and likely even win another championship. I mean of course the big bad Hamilton Steelhawks who, albeit after a bit of a slow start to the season, managed to once again climb their way back to the top of the standings to claim another Presidents’ Trophy to their name and were pretty clear favorites to beat their semi-finals opponents even just by habit. But the Texas Renegades had a chip on their shoulder from last season’s narrow game 7 loss and made the best of their chances this time around to come out on top against the fearsome Steelhawks and for once managed to overthrow the ruling establishment, so to speak, as is their want.
(146 words)

Code:

A. Coming into the series, the team considered the one with the stronger offensive firepower has to be the Buffalo Stampede. A bunch of their top scorers like Monkey D. Luffy, Matt Kholin and Aron Hernadivic dominate the league scoring leaderboard and high octane offense has been their hallmark for a long time. Meanwhile, Texas is obviously more of a scoring by committee team, relying on the offensive output to be shared more evenly by everyone up and down the lineup. Texas is also more renowned more for their defensive mindset with guys like multiple best defensive forward award winning Andreas Kvalheim leading the team with his example.

B. Texas has been building up to finally make their way back to the top of the league for a long time now. It has been a focused effort for the last decade, ever since they decided to tear it all down and go for a tough full rebuild. But it has proven the right decision and the team seems better set than ever to make their way back to the very top and keep themselves there for a long time. Meanwhile Buffalo has been a perennial contender for a long time now, but apart from their one title, seen their championship hopes crushed after getting so close for so many times in a row now, that they must be feeling the heat of needing to get over that hump. In conclusion, while Texas would of course be disappointed if they lost the finals this time, it would still be a step forward for them in their journey back to the top, not to mention the success of already having taken The Steelhawks’ scalp in the process. But for Buffalo it would be another crushing experience of a falling just short of expectations once again. The bigger chip has to be on Buffalo shoulders.

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

The Texas Renegades finally capped off their long rebuild with a Challenge Cup championship thanks to a true team effort and all parts of the team putting all the had to give into the collective effort. It is great to be able to note the amount of long time home-grown talent in all areas of the team. But it has to be said, perhaps the biggest candidate for series MVP is still the one guy who only joined the team through trade during last season, coming over from another rebuilding team in San Francisco and instantly forming a formidable tandem together with incumbent Renegades starter White Goodman - that man is the one and only Cillian Kavanagh @takethehorizon ! Keeping up with the mighty mother buffalo Elizabeth Doyle at the other end of the rink all through the series and even through several super-tight and even overtime games, not phased even by Doyle’s spectacular shutout effort in Game 3, only to come back to post a shutout of his own in the following game and then still doing just enough to bring the deciding Game 5 into overtime and keep it going long enough for Eddie Williams to score the cup-winning goal... That spells M-V-P to me!
(207 words)

Code:

Verification word: Burp!

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Claiming 2 TPE for S59 milestones

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2021, 08:05 PM by Gwdjohnson.)

Code:

Gooney is pog

Code:

a. Texas has probably better overall offensive depth, with a lot of great and also young forwards, as evidenced by the amount of goals they managed to put past a great Hamilton defense. However, Buffalo probably has the better top six, so it could go either way really. I would give the edge to Buffalo for having more elite forwards.

b. I would say that Texas has a pretty big chip on their shoulder going into these finals, because they are the best team outside of the Great Lakes division, but they have not quite earned league wide respect yet because of losing often to the Great Lakes teams. This is their time to change that perception.

Code:

Trivia done, verification word is gabejob

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116299
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116278

Milestones (3 TPE)

TOTAL TPE: 11

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 06:07 PM by Ohtaay.)

Code:

Woohoo we made it!

Code:

okay well this one is interesting, there are a handful of teams that have things that dont really die or can't much and that is the Forge, as they are just a machine and with no operator they are nothing. There is also the Aurora, which is just some mystical lights and can't really be killed off. Dont forget the Northstars, or even the Specters - These teams would not be able to enter. So for the sake of this task I would eliminate all of those teams as did not finish. Out of the remaining teams I think the Barracuda would probably be the first die as the are stuck and confined to staying in the water. The other teams could obviously take advantage of this weakness. I think the winner of the battle royal would have to be the calgary dragons, I don't see anything that would be able to kill a dragon. It would ultimately come down to the two flying birds, the inferno and the dragons with the dragon being the last one standing.

177 words

Code:

Well I am glad I do not have to write about my own team not making the finals again, but I also do not like writing about the team that I ultimately have to go with, the Hamilton Steelhawks. The Steelhawks were a favorite to once again make the finals, and ultimately win the cup. They boasted one of the strong rosters, as well as a GM tandem that has made this trip before and has the experience of changing the lineup to get the most out of them. I believe going into this series Texas had a 33% chance of winning the series based on test sims, meaning Hamilton was two thirds the favorite.

115 words

Code:

B. I think Texas has the bigger chip on their shoulder, Buffalo was a favorite with Hamilton to make it to the finals, however many people did not expect Texas to make it. Many people think Texas is not a good team because they do not play in the great lakes, and being in the finals and ultimately the chance of winning would be huge for the team.
67 Words

D. Hmm, I guess it really depends what is planned. I think spending it in Texas would give me more of a different experience, however It would be great to catch a Buffalo Bills game and the fill experience of tailgating for the game. If it was just for the weekend my vote would be buffalo, to catch a football game and maybe experience Niagara falls.
65 Words

Code:

Verification: Oats

Code:
17. Milestones, 3 TPE

3 TPE Claim: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045471

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

ph
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 04:04 PM by Keven.)

Code:

Absolutely fantastic community

Code:

Before we talk about first eliminations, there are a few logos that I'm going to disqualify from the start. The North Stars, Argonauts, and Aurora logos don't really have much fighting potential but it would be wrong to judge any of them as first eliminated for that reason. Instead, I imagine they just wouldn't participate. The first teams eliminated would probably be the Platoon, Steelhawks, and Barracuda, since all those teams' mascots are relatively small animals compared to everything else and will likely be out-sized. The human teams are eliminated next, as I don't think a single person would match up well against all these larger or mythical animals. Next, all of the large, non-mythical animals would be eliminated. This gets rid of a lot of teams. Everything from lions to bulls to entire stampedes, if it's a real animal it can and will be outclassed by things such as dragons and phoenixes. This leaves us with a top 3 of the Inferno, Dragons, and Specters. At this point I can only imagine a draw between these teams since phoenixes can be reborn, specters are immortal, and dragons are just really tough to beat.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or I'm gonna track you down and give you a failing grade.

A failing grade is at risk
If rhymes are not made for point task four

I'm sure that judgement will be brisk
And result in a lower TPE score

The rhymes must somehow have an SHL theme
And result in 14 lines of text

Will this be read by the PT team?
Or will they see 14 lines and move on to the next

I know the team does their job well
And some might enjoy reading this too

But I'm not a poet so my words do not jell
So I can't blame anyone for not reading this through

The SHL is the greatest league
I hope that reading this hasn't left you with any fatigue

Code:

Code:

Looking at the season stats for these two teams, it's very clear that one team has the edge here. Although both teams ended with a similar point total and goal differential, Buffalo scored a near-league-leading 305 goals, while Texas was a bit further behind at 272. Both totals are impressive, but Buffalo has the offensive advantage in this series.

Code:

I think having recent losses in the cup final definitely gives Buffalo something more to prove here. Texas has had a long time out of the limelight and this return to the cup finals is a great step in the right direction already. Buffalo has a lot more to prove by trying to avoid yet another season where they get close but then fail to win it all.

Code:

Although the dark and mysterious branding of the Renegades is interesting and appealing, there's something about the vibrant green and yellow of the Stampede branding that just works so well. The fit of the name Stampede with the city of Buffalo as well as the unique colours all work together nicely in my eyes. Texas takes some points back for representing an entire state and having a more unique name of Renegades, but overall Buffalo wins my preference.

Code:

I really don't know much about either city so I'll go off of geography here. As a Canadian who really can't stand too much heat, I imagine Dallas would end up being way too hot for me to enjoy. I also know that Buffalo is just a short distance away from the border and I believe is the closest US city to Niagara Falls. I'm assuming that the weather alone will be much more similar to what I'm comfortable with and for that reason alone, I'd rather visit Buffalo over Dallas.

Code:

future

Code:
SHL Milestones: TBD
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): TBD

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045414

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2021, 01:40 PM by retuperkele.)

#1 - 3 TPE
Simply the best

#2 - 3 TPE
If there were ever to be a purge in the SHL, my player, Luukas Lilja, would definitely start to shoot pucks at other teams players just for the fun of it. This is one of the first things he would do as he holds himself a massive slapshot, which he rarely uses due to his role as a primary playmaker and/or setup-man in the Carolina Kraken lineup. Second thing what he would do is that he would just absolutely trainwreck the enemy goaltenders, one by one. If you cant protect your net from shots, how are you expected to win a game of purge which takes place in an ice hockey rink? Well the answer is: you cannot. Last but not least Lilja would go on a quest to steal enemy team's waterbottles and energy drinks, and he would definitely spit on them. Just to mess with the enemy team, naturally. Lilja is born a nuisance and always has been, but that factor has never came up earlier in his hockey career.

#5 - 2 TPE
I think we can all agree that the Hamilton Steelhawks were the best team in the league who did not make the finals this season. Especially after the departure of Steelhawks first line center, Michael Scarn, Aaron Wilson himself took the leading role and replaced him in the first line. Theo Morgan was apparently very pleased with this move as he broke the 100 point mark as the first player in the history to do so. What is more mentionable is his astonishing 48 goals in 66 games. With these players outperforming their opponents one game after another, we would have totally expected the Steelhawks to be in the finals this season yet again. Not only did the Texas Renegades break their streak of consecutive final appearances, Texas themselves to manage clinch their own spot for the first time in AGES.

#6 - 3 TPE
My predictions for the upcoming IIHF tournament include Switzerland having more lacklustering tournament than last season. Much has changes since their latest successful tournament and especially their performance in the group stage. Switzerland has now called many new players to their side, such as centerman Anton Mihailov, defender Narboza Manyhands and winger Yan Dolff. All of those three players are making their first starts for adults IIHF competition. Switzerland will probably be placed in dead center of their group, between 4th and 6th place.

What comes to all-succeeding Canada, is expected to perform yet again. Led by Adam Barron, who was arguably one of the most interesting offensive defensemen in the SHL last season, and the powerhouse himself, Theo Morgan, who recorded 48 goals in 66 games last regular season and on top of that he notched 54 assists to break the 100 point mark as the first player in this leagues history. Canada will yet again make a strong performance in the IIHF with these players breaking the bank for their national 
team. Canada will most likely be the contender to win their own group and have the advantage in playoffs.

#13 - 2 TPE
My vote for the final series MVP is definitely Buffalo Stampede's own Aron Hernadivic. This dude was an absolute monster last regular season, overtaking Bobby Sharp as the teams leading point-scorer with 93 total points, which included his 32 goals and 61 assists. What made this player the most outstanding was his ability to play both directions from the wing. He did it better than Matt Kholin and Bobby Sharp from the center and way better than Monkey D. Luffy from the wing. His performance did continue as Buffalo headed into the playoffs, and in his playoffs so far Hernadivic has continued to dominate the ice, in his 14 games he has 10 goals and 9 assists for a total of 19 points, just 1 point behind Augustus Wang, who also has stood up his game this season. Hernadivic is also his teams 2nd highest accurate shooter, with 47 shots and 21.3% success rate where as Hippo Passamus holds 21.9% success rate with just 32 shots which is good for 7 goals to Hernadivic' 10 goals. Needless to say this guy deserves it more than anyone from the team.

#17 - 3 TPE
S59 Milestones

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 07:07 AM by Memento Mori.)

One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

ISFL Affiliate PT +3 TPE

Code:

rags gave nitro

Code:

b) This prompt is phrased interestingly, as I think it's obvious that the team with a bigger chip on their shoulder is Buffalo. Everyone involved with Texas will undoubtedly feel a strong sense that this is their moment given the long build-up to it, but the team desperate to prove people wrong will be Buffalo. Losing three (or more) finals in a row could make Buffalo, or at least their finals performance, a bit of a meme and everyone within the organisation will be desperate to avoid people laughing or making jokes. (92 words)

c) Of the two brandings, I prefer the Buffalo Stampede's. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Texas' branding. The logo and colours are very polished and clean, and the cowboy imagery fits the state of Texas well. But the Stampede are much more unique. I don't know of any other teams (sim league or otherwise) nicknamed the Stampede, and the green and yellow is a bold choice for the team's colours. It's another well-done logo, and when comparing two strong brandings, I'm going to go for the one that's just a little different. (91 words)

Code:

Verification word: trivia?

Code:
16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

As a general disclaimer, there is no SHL player I want to eat. But if I found myself in a Donner Party-like situation, the obvious choice is Gabriel Johnson. The reason for this is that there is a discord emote called :diabeetusgabe:, because Gabriel Johnson has diabetes, As a sufferer of this unfortunate disease, it is likely that Gabriel weighs more than the average SHL player. Eating Gabriel would sustain me for much longer compared with other SHL players, reducing the likelihood that I would become desperate enough to have to eat a second SHL player. Further, Gabriel's condition means that it is likely that if we were stranded, he would experience medical difficulties and be less likely to survive and thrive. Clearly, eating Gabriel Johnson is the least-worst option. (131 words)

Code:
SHL Milestones: TBD
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): TBD

S59 SMJHL milestones +3 TPE

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]