Create Account

S59 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2021, 01:36 PM by Canadice.)

16+/16

Code:
1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task
From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best

The greatest people

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or I'm gonna track you down and give you a failing grade.

The crispness of the ice touching your skate,
The first touch of the puck on your blade,
The feeling of letting a shot off is great,
The sound of the crowd when a goal is made,

The sting of a meeting an opponent in a hit,
Battling it out in front of the net,
Not allowing yourself to ever quit,
Even though you are tired and full of sweat,

The sense of hope at the end of a game,
Looking at the clock as the seconds tick away,
Knowing that you are moments from fame,
Finally being able to put a trophy on display,

There is no greater feeling,
than when you have hit the SHL ceiling.

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Which of these teams has stronger offensive firepower?
60 words.

b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
77 words.

c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
57 words.

d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?
60 words.

a) Buffalo has the highest ceiling in Hernadivic and Kholin producing extremely well in a tough division, scoring 80+ points each. The second line also barely outperforms their counterparts on Texas in points, but Texas has a more evenly distributed goal-scoring making both their lines lethal in finding the net. All in all I believe Buffalo has the best offensive core.

b) Texas has been close for a couple of seasons, winning the Western Conference quite easily in the regular season but not showing up in the playoffs. I would however say that the consistency shown in Buffalo and their recent cup losses should weigh more in their favor (if that is better in this context). The hunger they must feel after losing out on two opportunities should give them the fuel they need to finally overcome the hurdle.

c) The Renegades' logo is very clean and perfectly on brand. I do however prefer the Stampede because of their color palette and their jerseys. The black and white jerseys of Texas are a bit boring looking at all of them, but Buffalo has a variety in their different jerseys that they can spice things up a bit.

d) I haven't been to any of these places but if I would have to choose one, I would be happy to spend a weekend in Buffalo because of the proximity to the Niagara Falls and Canada. I would like to see the falls from the American side and take a trip over to the Canadian side and sightsee a bit.

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

kraken

Code:
16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

135 words.

I am sorry to have to say this but Team Sweden was recently approached by a pair of interesting creatures eager to join up and play for the Juniorkronorna. Melvin the Majestik-Moose and Adelie de Pengu, a moose and a penguin, is not the first thing that you come to think of when it comes to ice and team sports (ok maybe penguins), but it does provide an ample opportunity to pair a well known dish with something a little bit more exotic. Growing up in the North, Tomas took part in the yearly hunting season and the family freezer was never short of the king of the forest. He has never partaken in the southern delicacy of penguin, but when the worst comes to worst there is no better time to test something new.

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: TBD
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): TBD

Claim 3 TPE

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

1. Bork is best Chad. 
+3
5. I believe the best team to not make the finals this year in the simulation hockey league was the Hamilton steel Hawks. This is because this team is consistent of pretty great awesome people whether you believe this or not that's your own opinion and that's wrong. You got guys like Samuel michaud who's a beast of a player just very unlucky. Another unlucky player Bork Lazer. These two guys were the most.unlucky duo to play this season and the league is lucky for that or Hamilton Steelhawks would have wiped the floor with many more teams including Texas in the semi finals.
+2
7. God rest his soul right now. Prince would be a super fan of the Minnesota monarchs I mean we already know that Prince is a huge Minnesota legend so of course he'd be a super fan of the monarchs Prince monarchs it all makes sense that go hand in hand. So that's why I think Prince would be super fan of the simulation hockey league team that Minnesota monarchs because you don't think of Minnesota without thinking of Prince. If you do think of Minnesota without Prince the minnesotans will let you know while you're wrong because Prince is essentially a god.
+2
12.a 
I think Texas has the strongest offensive firepower just because they were able to go toe-to-toe with Hamilton who has one of the strongest offensive firepower in the entire league I mean and that's not capping when you have a team like Hamilton that has the old Morgan and Aaron Wilson on it so my money's on offensively Texas.
B. So a lot of people would probably think Texas has a bigger chip on the shoulder because they haven't been to a cup since you know so many seasons go but I think Buffalo has a bigger chip on the shoulder because the rougher is out in the Great lakes for the one very last time so they got a represent that Great lakes are the best division and all of a simulation hockey league.
C. Now this is a tough question I think both their names are all right but I give the edge to Buffalo for the naming color scheme I give the edge to Texas so for the rubber part of this discussion I'd say for brandywise logo the better one in my opinion is Buffalo so Buffalo takes the branding.
D. I would hands down and do a long weekend and Dallas cuz I already know the area got awesome stuff to do like go to six flags. Plus Texas has Whataburger and that right there is enough to keep me in Texas have you had their honey barbecue chicken strip sandwich. If you haven't if you're in Texas you got to stop at Whataburger and try it.
+4
15. Bork
+3
16. So we have to eat one user in the simulation hockey league in order to stay alive I am eating @Acsolap . I am eating ass no matter what in order to stay alive because I know one he's a cook with a restaurant so you know he'd be eating good so that meat's going to taste good so yeah I'm going to be eating ass all day in order to stay alive. I don't think there's any other SHL user really better to eat I mean you got Gabe whose legs are so skinny and there's no meat on there. Eating ass stay alive.
+2

[Image: lazer2.png]

1. SHL is cool
15. birb
17. Penalty Minutes -> 16 or fewer
Hits -> 30 or more
Takeaways -> 13 or more
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 04:45 PM by st4rface.)

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?
Damn. It's kinda two sided question, because there's two ways how you can understand it - which one is stronger or which one looks much better. So, the winner is the stronger animal in logo or that logo who looks much better? Haha. However, I'll make it sure I make things clear for both. I think if we talk about power then Buffalo Stampede would win for sure. It would be pretty close fight between them and Manhattan Rage, but Stampede would come strong and win it all. If we talk about best logo, then fight would be again between Buffalo Stampede and this time - Edmonton Blizzard. I think that Stampede would win again (mostly, because I am loyal player from Buffalo Stampede). Only surprise might be if Portland Admirals come back, because then it's an easy fight for them and they're winning easily. But since they won't come back (probably), then it's an easy W for Stampede, in my opinion. Mostly, because these logos I talked about have much bigger and stronger animal.
173 words

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?
This season were really interesting and I think that SHL Finals are pretty obvious. I think it's a bit shocking that Hamiltoon Steelhawks choked a bit and lost in semi-finals. They lost in 7 games versus Texas Renegades who finally made it to Finals. So, I would say that Hamilton Steelhawks is the best team who didn't make SHL Finals this season. Chicago Syndicate are in similar situation as Steelhawks, but they had worse semi-finals where they lost by gentleman sweep. In SMJHL I think there are no surprises. Anchorage Armada and Kelowna Knights deserved to make Finals and they did. Maybe Newfoundland Berserkers and Detroit Falcons should've made it too if we look how good they are roster and management wise, but it's already too late.
127 words

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?
We've seen in last seasons that IIHF is most predictable thing, because it's always similar to previous season. For example, it seems like worst team will be Austria, Latvia, Ireland and Finland, while bet ones will be United States, Sweden, Great Britain and Switzerland. Best countries are really close at standings, but worst are similar in points, but just lower amount. Canada, Germany, Russia and Czechia are good too and I think TOP 8 from last season might surprise and get medals. Julio Tokolosh are definitely on the way to show that he is the best player in IIHF one again too, I think. Sad to see Finland doing that bad, but I think one or two seasons and we will be back much stronger in IIHF. I won't predict anything big for my player Aumy Jr., because I don't think he's able to get much points as a defender. Mostly, because I saw how badly we performed last season in IIHF.
162 words

SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045451
3 TPE

11 TPE IN TOTAL!

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2021, 04:38 PM by ZootTX.)

Task 1 (3 TPE):
Ice hockey rules!

Task 12 (2 TPE):
C - I absolutely prefer the Texas branding over that of Buffalo. I’ll admit, that being from Texas I’m probably pre-disposed to liking it better anyway, but the Texas logo just pops more than the kind of simple circle that Buffalo uses. I especially like the Texas flag worked into the bandana on the colorized version. I will say that is one ferocious looking buffalo, though. (64 words)
D - I’d much rather spend a long weekend in Buffalo, NY for the simple fact I already live in Dallas and it wouldn’t feel like much of a vacation there. One place I would definitely visit while in Buffalo would be Niagra Falls, which is a pretty iconic landmark here in the US. Definitely also go for some wings and beers at some of the local watering holes, too! (68 words)

Task 15 (3 TPE):
trivia verification word: cheesybread

Task 16 (2 TPE):
While I certainly hope I’m never in a position where I’m forced to eat a fellow SHL player, this is a pretty easy one to decide. My first choice would be to consume Vancouver Whalers winger Strawberry Sailfish. While reports on eating Sailfish is that it can be a bit gamey, I reckon I could make some pretty delicious fish tacos from the corpse of Strawberry Sailfish. Or maybe grill him up and serve with a nice rice pilaf. Regardless, he’s gonna be a lot tastier than trying to cut up Duncan the Walrus into blubbery steaks, and a lot less dangerous. Plus Duncan is a teammate and I’d feel pretty bad doing that to him. (116 words)

Task 17 (3 TPE):
Milestones claim

ISFL Affiliate (3 TPE):
placeholder

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 04:06 PM by PremierBromanov.)

Code:
From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best
The SHL is the best because we have the best TDs

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or I'm gonna track you down and give you a failing grade.

Long ago
in an ancient land
buffalo
was strong and grand

continued on
their gilded path
exchanging pawns
with psychopaths

These madmen trade
their 1sts and more
and buff is made
to always score

the end for buf seems near and nigh
to only those most dumb and blind

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045402

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
butts

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?

a. It seems like, after reviewing the stats, that buffalo is the clear offensive winner here. They have some of the leagues leading scorers, while tex is slightly behind in this category. Compounding this is the fact that buffalo plays in one of the hardest divisions in the league, meanwhile tex has some of the easier ones, atlantic notwithstanding (58)
b. It's gotta be tex for sure. While texas hasn't had as many finals appearances, they're coming off a close series with the league's cup defender and arguably the best team. They were able to twist fate to their own ends this time, but can they win it all? Thus far, buffalo has lost twice (now three against tex) total times in the playoffs, beating out Tampa, Atlanta, and Chicago in 14 games, a rare feat to be so dominant. Texas is the little guy here and they'll be playing with an edge. (92)
c. All things considered I think Buffalo has a better branding. it's not as lavish or exciting as Texas', but I think it carries with it the regality of an Original Six NHL team. There aren't a lot of frills to be considered, and ultimately I like that better. Meanwhile, I think Texas comes across as an AHL branding, with thick dark lines and exaggerated emotive expressions, as well as two fuckin guns on the logo. Also, Black and Grey is poo poo compared to Gold and Green. (87)
d. I've spent two days in buffalo and honestly there isn't anywhere I'd rather be than NOT buffalo. Holy shit what a dump. Their only redeeming feature is niagra falls and honestly? Not that interesting. Not that pretty either. Dallas is, unfortunately, full of Texans and if there's anything I've learned about Texans is they dont understand sarcasm and they think everyone else in Texas is a dumbfuck, which is ironic. Dallas probably has an actual night life and even Texas can't possibly be worse than Buffalo. (86)

16 total

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2021, 02:17 AM by Carpy48.)

Code:
Code:

Drain the lakes!

+3 TPE, words: 3

Code:
Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

It's Toronto. It's always Toronto! Well, unless we actually make the finals one day, then I'll shut up. We should've been in the playoffs if it weren't for this $§&@! Great Lakes division. The other teams in the division have all won a cup before during the FHM era, some more than once, but Toronto - one of the top 5 teams in the league (and top 4 in the East) didn't get into the playoffs because of this horrible, unfair division. How can you make the finals if you don't even make the playoffs? We're a really good team and have all the tools to win the Cup, just let us in!

+2 TPE, words: 113

Code:
Code:
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

While I would really like my team to do well, I'm not sure if that's going to happen this season. Our roster will essentially be exactly the same as last year and unless many of the others suddenly became really bad, I don't see us having a chance. At the minimum I would like us to get out of round robin, because that's something I haven't been able to do during my playing career now in what feels like forever. It's almost as if we're cursed, but if there's anything to say about team Finland it's that we never give up. Our WJC team been really promising over the last few years so team Finland’s future looks bright. I would assume that those players that did well during the regular SHL season will also perform decently in IIHF. As for myself, I've had a good SHL season and I'm well-rested by the time the tournament starts, so hopefully I'll do well.

+3 TPE, words: 161

Code:
Code:

Oh, the correct answer is absolutely Texas. It's been a while since a non-Great Lakes team has had the chance to even make it to the finals and it's about time. I can't even imagine how great they must feel after kicking Hamilton out of the playoffs. They're there to win now, not to lose.
(words: 55)
I might be biased here, but I can't bring myself to say anything positive about the other Great Lakes teams at the moment. Besides Buffalo's logo is too similar to Toronto's logo (circle logo, two colors, well that's about it). So it's Texas by default. However, I quite like the dark colors in general. You can't really go wrong with it as long as there aren't too many teams with black jerseys in the league.
(words: 75)
I've spent too much time in Buffalo over the past few seasons and after losing so many games there, it left a permanent bitter aftertaste. So Dallas it is - besides I know a few people on the team from Finland anyway. There is a lot more to see and do there and I'm sure I could fill the whole long weekend just looking at things (and drink coffee).
(words: 69)

+3 TPE

Code:
Code:

Verification: someoneneedsaspellchecker

+3 TPE

Code:
Code:
If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

Didn't we have this one before? I mean, obviously it's Julio. At least you know what you're getting there and since we're friends I'm sure everyone's favorite cow wouldn't be too upset about it...right? Julio has already won a cup (and has had quite a successful career) and I haven't, so I need to survive a little longer. The good thing is that a cow can feed several people quite well (unlike let's say a single Hotdog), so Julio would be something like a hero in the end. "Saved the league from starvation" or something like that. We could probably even build a statue of him outside the arena in Edmonton with that quote on it.

+2 TPE, words: 116

Code:
Code:
SHL Milestones: claiming 3 TPE extra here, just in case.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 05:23 PM by damienj10.)

Task 1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task

The Hockey Vibes

3 words total.

Task 6. What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

Ah yes my fav question of CW. I get to gloat about how Canada will win it all. I don’t remember if they did last season but it does not matter. Canada will do well and the United States will do well as well as Sweden. The teams that are going to shock the world is probably Japan or Great Britain. But none the less they won’t get passed the kings Canada or the United States. Mainly Canada because that’s where my future role as back up will be in like 3 seasons or something. My predictions of teams that will do poorly is Germany and Austria because I couldn’t pinpoint these two on the map so I believe their player base is small. Correct me if I am wrong but honestly I don’t see them doing well at all. In conclusion go team Canada. Every other team can go eat a moldy loaf of bread. 150 words + 3 tpe

Task 17. Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045416

+3 tpe

Task 15. Trivia verification word: BigWalrus
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 04:11 PM by JayWhy.)

Quote:1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task

Because of me.

Word Count: 3

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

Have you ever seen the clip of Eric Lindros like 15 feet behind the defenseman going for a puck at an empty net and he just reaches his stick out and drags himself ahead of the guy and knocks it in? Yeah, that, exactly. Sure, they could do similar things to me, but I'll be utilizing my stick as much as possible and considering I'm a crafty old man at this point, I think I can pull off some interesting things. Just the little hook here and there to give space to a teammate, or a step into a lane to slow them down on a dump in or anything. Honestly, this will be one of the wildest games to ever watch because realistically, I don't know how you get free at all.

I think it would be an interesting experiment, does this lead to a low scoring, low event game? I think it would, but at the speed this game is played anymore, it may be impossible to really stop that as much. It could just be a more competitive game, and one that just upsets the fans a ton. Seeing the consistent hooks and trips will be funny, for the first five minutes, and then just frustrating after. I can pull a few ways to get ahead, but I'm also not in a position to take a hit that would likely come in a game like this so. Maybe I'll just pass?

Word Count: 244

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?

This one is interesting. I'm going to work my way from who will be eliminated and who can make it through pretty well. I'm starting with the Aurora being eliminated. It's the most obvious choice because, well, they're a concept of lights in the sky and not really something that can cause damage. I don't know how it could really effect anybody, at best it may cause peacefulness? I just think they're out. In a similar turn, the North Stars are out too. All they can tell people is direction, they don't do damage. Maybe they survive if we base it off of longevity. Realistically, nobody can hit them and they'll last way longer than any other in age so they only have a shot based on not being touchable.

That isn't fun though, so I'm moving on from them. We have a lot of animal logos but the names of teams aren't always that animal so I'm going by the team name alone instead. The barracuda can only fight in water, so it wouldn't take much to beat them just by drawing them out. The Wolfpack would be dangerous, but probably not the most dangerous. They may get a few kills before being taken out. The Panthers are similar, they could be dangerous for a time but I don't see them lasting a long time. Dragons is trickier, but we'll get there in a moment.

So now concepts. The Inferno light a fire and kill a lot, Monarchs lead armies, the Argonauts are an army. The Syndicate and the Renegades are the opposite side of the same coin, and they bring guns with them so realistically they can shoot down any animals, armies or monarchs. The Inferno could still beat them, but then you have a Blizzard that puts that fire out and so it depends how long it takes for the Blizzard to freeze the others to death to get there.

That's where we come to the ultimate battles. Guns can't kill ghosts, so the specters are unkillable that way. Dragons would likely be the same way. Then we have two emotions -- the Pride and the Rage. There are gods to these things in history, and so ultimately that could be the biggest battle. I think it comes down to Pride, Rage and Specters for who wins, and I think Specters ultimately does in a tight one.

Word Count: 399

Quote:7. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
To some, an interesting part of sports leagues is following celebrity fans (like Jack with the Lakers or 50 Cent with the Knicks last week) - who would be some relevant SHL celebrity fans? Which well-known celebrities would be superfans of which SHL teams?

Being in New York, we would have a ton of celebrity fans. Or at least, we would have a ton of celebrities who go to games for a lot of money and get shown on camera lot. So I'll say considering he's a part owner of the New Jersey Devils which we're a parable of in the SHL, Will Smith may be the coolest one for the Rage. Beyond that, we'd likely have people like Jon Hamm, John Oliver, other Johns. We could get Margot Robbie to come in a few times. Maybe Tom Hanks became a fan while shooting Sully. Ansel Elgort is a really cool one to me, but that's because I love the movie Baby Driver and so he's someone who gets invited a lot.

Beyond that, knowing Wasty just decently, I'd bet Snoop Dogg would be a big fan of the Panthers. John Krasinski would be a big fan of the New England Wolfpack, and off that I'm sure Jenna Fischer would be a fan of the St. Louis Scarecrows in the J, though may not attend as often as if they were in the SHL.

I think being in Manhattan, we've got the coolest and most interesting fans and we would have too many to really count, but at least here has been a good list so far.

Word Count: 223

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

lukesux

Quote:17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045425
+3

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 04:15 PM by Tylar.)

Code:

+ 3 TPE

Friends, Berserkers, and Discord
(3 Words)

Code:

+ 3 TPE

My prediction for this seasons IIHF Tournament is well the same four teams likely be near the top, these being Canada, United States, Japan and Sweden. My prediction will be Japan vs Great Britain as the gold medal game and Sweden vs Germany in the bronze. I think the best team in the tournament is going to be the United States likely in the round robin but likely will fall. The IIHF has seen some up and coming teams make waves starting last season. It will be interesting to see how this tournament plays out with Canada looking rough last season, opening up room for the likes of Switzerland and Germany. I think you will see an excellent performance Great Britain center Vorian Atreides who comes into this tournament as a top forward on Great Britain and with some roster changes within the country he will be carrying the load offensively. I also could see Todd Fiddler doing extremely well as he is moving to play defense for his country now. It will be an interesting tournament this season to see if there is new blood or not.
(155 words)

Code:
+ 4 TPE

I personally think the Texas Renegades likely have the more offensive firepower but maybe not the most overall forward power if that makes sense. The Texas Renegades have dominated the Western Conference, so it is hard to say since Buffalo has to play the Great Lakes, but I think on paper Texas Renegades edge them in offensive touch.
(58 words)

I think Texas Renegades do because they have absolutely destroyed the Western Conference as of late and I think many would discredit them because of this. They get to beat up on many of the cellar dwellers all season long and rack up points. Meanwhile everyone knows the Buffalo Stampede are good. I think Texas winning would prove a lot of people wrong and make people realize they are good.
(60 words)

I say the Buffalo Stampede because for starters I like the city of Buffalo for hockey. I do not mind the logo it is decent. The colors are okay although I am not a huge fan of green to be honest. I find the Rengades branding kind of boring as well as the color scheme is boring. I do like Texas as a location but yeah. I would play for either team though if given an option as both teams overall branding are decent. Buffalo Stampede over Texas Renegades for sure right now.
(55 words)

I would probably rather spend time in Dallas because Buffalo is known for being a boring place which is not that bad but I think there would be a lot more to do in Dallas. Dallas is warmer obviously. In Texas I would want to go attend a rodeo or go to a barbeque restaurant for sure since Texas is known for Barbeque.
(60 Words)

Code:
+3 TPE

Sad

Code:
SHL Milestones: 3

+ 3 TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045429

TPE: 16/16 *

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Task 1: 3 TPE 3 Words
SHL pretty cool

3. 3 TPE 150 Words
I think the Dragon probably wins this one, with the Barracuda being the first elimintated. Some of the Dragons tougher competition would be the Stars and the Aurora. Let’s start with the dragon vs the Aurora. While this match up seems intimidating it’s not as hard to beat as it appears. Simply breath fire to set everything around it ablaze and bam, the aurora is covered up by a thick layer of smog and smoke. As the great Michael Scott once said, “Out of sight, out of the contest.” We could probably use the same logic to take out the stars, but we’ll use different arbitrary logic instead to help inflate my word count. The dragon takes flight and heads into out space, using it’s mythical powers to keep form bursting in the vacuum of space. The dragon, being a fire breathing creature itself is immune to the heat of the stars. It simply flys into the core of the star, and uses a combination of it’s breath and mythical powers to help expediate the stars eventual self inflicted doom, super nova and burnout ensues and the dragon flies off on it’s merry way.

4. Sonnet 3 TPE
The greatest Kelowna Knights,
Take the ice with skills that dazzle,
They never consider turning down the fights,
They win the brawls with razzle.

The team shoots the puck with skill
They move across the blue lines
They enter the zone for the kill
Some haters want to give them fines

Some say the players are clutch
Always finding a way to win
Able to score the puck with a touch
The opponents are in the spin

The goal horn blaring
Our opponents left glaring

17. 3 TPE
SMJHL Milestones (Assists, +/-, Shots on Goal)

Affiliate claim: 3 TPE
PBE

CW Trivia: 1 TPE
Natitude

Total: 16 TPE

[Image: never_in_doubt.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 06:54 PM by Toast.)

Task 1
PBE Affiliation
3TPE

Code:
Live sim discord

3TPE

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

I think this one is pretty straight forward. To make sure that the other team is distracted, Klompus and the rest of the team will rig the PA system so that it is going to blare the old Kelowna Knights goal horn on loop for the duration of the game. Knowing this would be the plan, the Rage can prepare with wearing some ear plugs and keep their focus on the game. This was arguably the worst goal horn across both the SHL and SMJHL and deservedly has been replaced at this point so no one will be expecting it to randomly come up during a SHL game! Teams are going to be setting up to cheat any way possible with no penalties so if we are blasting an obnoxious goal horn they won't be able to even think straight! This definitely gives us the competitive advantage and the other team would even be willing to let us score if it means a break in the constant KEL horn.

169 words//3TPE

Code:

Toast

3TPE?

Code:

The SHL has an abundance of Toast at this point and could probably solve our food crisis but I must protect new Toast and I'm not sacrificing myself. I think the obvious answer here is Duncan the Walrus. I have no idea is Walrus meat/blubber is even edible but the walrus is a chonking 300lbs! That would be more than enough to feed a team of players and I'm trying to avoid having to eat more than one player here so the larger the player the better... right? I'm sorry in advance South but these are desperate times and we need to think of solutions!

106 words//2TPE

Code:
2 TPE

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Code:
Because Ragnar’s Handsome

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Well since we all know Chimkin Wig absolutely can not succeed via typical skill and hard work, since he fucking sucks, this would be a perfect thing to implement. Chimkin Wing is 6’8” and built like a brick shit house. Wing would literally pick up players on the opposing team and snap their backs like a twig over his knee. He would do this repeatedly until there were no other players left to play, and he could just dump pucks into the empty net for the remaining 50 or so minutes of regulation. Anyone who would put up a fight would be hit with Seppala, who Wing would use as a baseball bat type weapon. That is a last resort, however, since Chimkin Wing would want to protect Seppala’s beautiful face from any damage as much as he possibly could. No one would be able to come close to the carnage that would be seen on the ice when Chimkin Wing was out destroying the opposition.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE
I don’t really know
How to rhyme
Gabe Johnson is a hoe
Hamilton always winning is a crime
Buffalo is the best team
And Chicago lost to us
Monkey Luffy makes the rest cream
And Chimkin Wing is a bust
Micool is gonna win the cup
This I know for sure
His player’s on the up and up
My depression, he’s the cure
Fuck the great lakes
And get fucked by rakes

Code:
a. Obviously I am biased but I am going to go with Buffalo here. Fishy’s player is playing like a man possessed and is leading the league in offense by far. Pair that with players like Roach, Luffy, Seppala, Harrington and not Chimkin Wing, and that’s a recipe for some serious offense.

b. I’d say Buffalo has the bigger chip on their shoulder. The fact that they’ve been to the finals more than once and not been able to secure the cup means they’re chomping at the bit and feel like they have something to prove to the masses, especially the “fuck Buffalo” crowd… who can all eat shit by the way.

c. Honestly I really, really like Texas. Their logo is super cool and their name is awesome. I’ve never been to Buffalo, but having been to Dallas, it’s one of my favorite places I’ve been and I know that Dallas is probably a better city. Black and silver are great colors too. With all that being said, fuck every team that isn’t Buffalo. Buffalo wins. Fuck you.

d. Well I literally just said Dallas is amazing and I love it there, so I’d definitely rather spend a long weekend in Dallas. Their museums are amazing, the weather is amazing, and the city itself is amazing. I’d probably catch a Mavs or Stars game, check out the Dallas zoo and the Dallas aquarium, and head over to the Holocaust Museum for a sobering reminder of the atrocities that man can commit.

Code:
Verification word: Poopie

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Task 1: (3 TPE, 3 TPE Total)
PT Coupon: The SHL is the best because of Nour and his big heart.

Task 3: (3 TPE, 6 TPE Total)
If all 18 SHL logos were in a fight, there’d be a hell of a battle. The first one eliminated would be the Seattle Argonauts, because this battle would be on land, and that weird eye boat wouldn’t fare well. There’s a few more you can get rid of early too: The North Stars, Syndicate, Renegades, Monarchs, Barracuda, Aurora, Steelhawks, Blizzard (fox) and Platoon are all eliminated very quickly because there’s no way these birds or humans, or sky things would win. Also the Barracuda won’t win a land batter either, obviously. That leaves Stampede, Specter, Inferno, Dragon, Panther, Pride (Lion), Rage (Bull), and Wolf. When it comes down to it, the animals that aren’t fire based will all get toasted. So that leaves The Specter, Dragon, and the Inferno. The Dragon will eventually kill the Phoenix just because it’s stronger. And since the Specter is a ghost that can’t exactly be killed, eventually the Dragon will die and The Specter wins. Boom. (163)

Task 5: (2 TPE, 8 Total)

The best team to not make the finals this season is pretty obvious. It’s very clearly the Hamilton Steelhawks, as they finished the regular season with the SHL’s best record at 56-9-1 for 113 points, 10 points better than the 2nd place finisher. On top of that, they boasted the SHL’s probable MVP in this season in Theo Morgan who scored over 100 points this season. Hamilton is always one of the season’s best teams, and while most of the SHL isn’t even close to being bothered that they didn’t make the finals this season, they’re probably the most deserving to be there. (103)

Task 15: (3 TPE, 11 Total)
CW Trivia Verification Word: JoeK

Task 16: (2 TPE, 13 Total)

It’s very unfair of hotdog to throw Julio Tokolosh under the bus here for being the first to be eaten because of the whole cow thing. Honestly, I’d eat hotdog. They’re delicious, and he’s a giant hotdog. You can easily transport pieces of him around and you won’t have to take all of the time to butcher him properly the way that you would Julio. Plus, I’m not a skilled butcher anyway so I wouldn’t even know how to properly kill Julio for the best cuts of meat, where as with hotdog, its all hotdog, so it’s a very easy time. Being fast is important when you’re dying of starvation. (110)
Task 12: (4 TPE, 17 Total)

a. Which of these teams has stronger offensive firepower? – I think everything points to the Buffalo offense having the strong firepower. They scored more goals in the regular season 305 – 272, and that’s with having to play more games against the league’s toughest division, whereas Texas was beating up on NOLA, LAP, and SFP a lot more often. Kholin and Hernadivic are the two best forwards in the series and they both play for BUF. (66)

b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.- Buffalo may have lost to the Steelhawks twice recently, but with having won multiple cups of their own recently, they don’t really have a chip on their shoulder. Texas definitely does. They haven’t won in quite some time and to be honest they’re carrying the hopes of every non-Great Lakes team who are kind of sick of the usual teams winning the cup. (63)

c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant. – Based off of the brandings, I personally prefer Buffalo’s. Being from Buffalo is a big reason for that of course, but I also really like the Green and Gold. Plus, the logo is just one of the best in the league still. Texas is just kind of okay, nothing special to me. The Black and White scheme is just bland to me as well. (64)

d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?- Of course I’d much rather spend a long weekend in Buffalo. It’s an awesome place with friendly people. There’s a lot to do here as well, including heading down to our new harborfront and taking in the sights. I’d also just go play football in my football league that’s here and I’d hang out with my family and friends. This is the place for me for sure. (67)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 03:58 PM by leviadan.)

Quote:1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task

need say more?

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE

Hark, the renegades come!
Through dust and dirt and whirling fury,
On horseback-- riders sound their guns,
The buffalo must hurry.

Through metal clack and pounding feet,
It's hard to see or hear.
But muzzle flashes crack and meet,
Their targets break in fear.

'Midst whoops and hollers loud
The renegades close in.
When head of herd collapses down,
The renegades will win.

SHL, thy time has come, the Texas reign begins.
On ice, or sand, or far away, your teams will meet their end.

Quote:12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a) I don't think it's a stretch to say that Buffalo probably has the bigger offensive threats. Texas' biggest selling point was it's offensive depth, not necessarily any 2k+ plus forwards that can take over a game, but wave after wave of 1600~ guys that can are relentless. I think if any team matches Texas on that depth it's Buffalo. They're a deep team that also has that high end talent.

b) I'm biased, but I think Texas wants it more. Buffalo won what, three seasons ago? Maybe four? Sure they've lost a couple to Hamilton, but this isn't Hamilton. I think they'd have a lot to prove going up against HAM again, but this time it's Texas. I'm sure they still want to win, but they won't have the fire that they'd have at a chance to dunk on Hamilton. Texas wants this bad. It's been too long.

c) Again, very biased, but I'll go Texas. I really like the sleekness and the simplicity of both teams, but something about the green and gold in Buffalo doesn't do it for me. I also really want to knock Texas for its abysmal location, but perhaps the only place I'd rather not be than Texas is Buffalo, so they even lose out on that end for me.

d) Dallas, hands down. What the hell does Buffalo have to do? Cruise around industrial parks and strip malls? Eat wings? I like wings but you can get those anywhere. At least in Dallas I could go get BBQ and see a desert for the first time. Maybe get a picture with a really tall cactus? What more can you ask for!

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

barn

Quote:17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Claimed 3 milestones here!

16/16 TPE

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]