Create Account

S59 SMJHL CW
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 04:05 PM by Accka.)

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE
+3

Code:
Task #2 - 3 TPE (graphic only)
Grafffzzxxx

Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE - GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.
Free ultra mega rare card

Code:
Task #4 - 2 TPE - GRAPHIC: Team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.
GRAPHIC: Team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline
Code:

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the two teams in the four star cup
finals
GRAPHIC: Include player renders and team logos
driim tiim grafix

Code:
Task #16 - Finals Trivia
Done-a-doodle-doo, verf word: Mayopizza
Code:
Task #17 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
3/3 TPE Milestones

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2021, 08:23 PM by jjlangabeer.)

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE
Because of all of your efforts during the S59 Charity Drive, HO has fully comped one of the CW tasks. That means you can claim the 3 TPE from this first tsk, without any effort at all.

+3 from HO

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?
Requirements: 150+ words.

When taking a look back on to the S59 season and how Lucas Raymond's rookie campaign went many were impressed with what he brought to the table. Lucas was drafted by the Kraken in the 2nd round with the 18th pick, he entered the draft as a winger but was drafted to play center for the Kraken. The season did have a predictable and slightly expected slow start for the young forward but he quickly transitioned to center and really started to find his groove in the SMJHL. When the season came to an end Raymond found himself sitting with 12 goals, which ranked him 5th for goals on the Kraken, while also tallying 18 assists. Raymond found himself among the top ten in points for the Kraken landing at 9th on the team, and 1st among his rookie counterparts. Going into next season the main thing that Raymond will need to work on is to tighten up his two-way game while also providing more of an offensive spark to help the Kraken go further in the playoffs.

Code:
Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B. The Kelowna Knights had to go through the Vancouver Whalers and Newfoundland Berserkers to get to the finals, while the Anchorage Armada faced a less demanding set of opponents in the Nevada Battleborn, Colorado Raptors and Quebec City Citadelles. Will Kelowna have enough left in their tank to go through another close series against a strong opponent?
C. You're in another timeline where Detroit and Vancouver are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the second round?
D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

A. For me, this one seemed pretty easy to answer, and the winner would have to be the goalie for the Anchorage Armada Guy Fieri. You just can't go wrong carrying a name after such a highly touted and well-known chef who also carries such a vast knowledge of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. Plus we all know he has to be the best cook on his team.

B. When it comes to the Kelowna Knights they are truly going to be one of the toughest teams to stop. They have easily the best first line in the league and it's going to take everything the Armada have to shut them down. Even though Kelowna had a little bit of a tougher run to get there I think when you combine their skill with Armada having to go three rounds that Kelowna will have their hands full but in the end come out on top.

C. I think would have made the big difference for the Detroit Falcons would be their offense stepping up. In 5 games of the series, their top 3 scorers only combined for 4 points. As far as Vancouver goes I think they needed to see a little bit more from their rookie Lev Levedeb. Lev has a great season tallying 35 points but only 1 point in the playoffs in 11 games.

D. I think that this easily has to go to the first line of the Kelowna Knights, if I had to select one player it would have to be Cian Mcfelter, but overall that team's success went through him and that line. McFelter racked up a total of 68 points this season which was able to tie him for 2nd in the league. Surpassing the next player on his team by 14 points.

Code:
Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.
Post that you did the trivia, plus your verification word from the form, in your reply in this thread
>>>> LINK TO TRIVIA FORM <<<<

Trivia Completed, Verification Word: Beer

Code:
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.
>>>> Milestones thread here <<<<

+3 Milestone

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2021, 12:42 AM by katarn22.)

Task Number 1, 3 TPE: Free from charity drive

Task Number 8, 3 TPE:

At the time of writing this, my rookie season in the SMJHL has come to a close. Shoutout to QCC for drafting me and believing in me. Overall, I think I did pretty decently for a 3rd line defenseman. Being completely honest, I was not sure what to expect from my rookie season. I was happy just to be on the ice and get drafted to a good community of users. As for expectations, I just wanted to score a few goals and do well on defense and I think I did that. I even managed to score a hat trick as a rooke, definitely the highlight of my season. Looking forward to next season, I hope to get better at the fundamentals. Things like skating, checking, and blocking shots. I really want to be someone that my teammates can depend on to make plays and make our goalie's job easier. Regardless of how it plays out, I am looking forward to seeing what next season holds for me and QCC.

Task Number 13, 4 TPE:

A) Although there are a lot of great names to choose from, on both sides, I really feel that Tony Alimony is the best name in the series, hands down. Besides the obvious bonus points for rhyming, Tony Alimony provides you not only with a name but also backstory for the player. You know he's going through some rough stuff and is going to be out there looking to take it out on people.
B) While I am writing this after the series is over, and hindsight is 20/20, I still would have said that Kelowna was the team to beat the entire time. QCC were no slouches but Anchorage clearly had the much easier road to this series. Kelowna's wins were dominant ones too, including a 7-0 final game to seal the deal.
C) In this timeline, it seems that Vancouver's defense and goal tending were slightly better and more consistent. They are able to beat Kelowna in 7, and only losing their 3 games by 3 goals total. On the other side of the series, Detroit's offense kicks it into high gear. While QCC is certainly the high-powered offense, Detroit's is overpowering and too much for QCC to handle. Both teams move on to the 3rd round.
D) Given that QCC made the semifinals in the playoffs, I think there are a lot of stars on the team. That being said, Mewtwo was the clear star on the team. The dude is simply a monster on offense, a point machine. He was certainly a large part of QCC's success this season between his passing, shooting, and scoring.

Task Number 16, TPE to be determined: polka

Task Number 17, 3 TPE: Milestones

Task #1 Charity Drive- 3 TPE

Thanks!

Task #3 Fan Appreciation Giveaway- 2 TPE

It's been a long tough season for the loyal fans of St. Louis who have patiently waited through the Scarecrows rebuild. That was why at the first home playoff game versus the Maine Timbers this season, as a thank your for all of their tremendous loyalty, all season ticket holders were eligible to receive a commemorative Hayes the Scarecrow bobblehead doll. When Hayes' head is shaken, it makes a crow noise that sounds just like the St. Louis Scarecrows goal horn. It was our way of saying thank you for still supporting the team through a difficult season, and hopefully keep the fans engaged because there are better days ahead for the organization.

Task #6 Dream Team- 3 TPE

F-Cole Carter, Anchorage-- Lots of good forwards on these teams, but Carter was the guy that it seemed like he always slaughtered us in St. Louis whenever we played him. 
F-Pablo Salvatici, Anchorage--If I'm going to take Carter, then I have to pick his line mate too, because these two are almost inseparable. They work really together and are the best 1-2 punch in the league.
F-Cian McFelter, Kelowna--Kelowna has a really deep all-around team, but McFelter is their most consistent offensive threat as the team's leading scorer. 
D-Gregory Goode, Anchorage--I think Kelowna has the better group of defensemen from top to bottom, but it was the Boats that actually had the highest scoring defenseman in the league in Goode. 20 goals from a defenseman is just an insane number.
D-Richard LaFleur, Kelowna--LaFleur doesn't have the most offensive stats, but if you dig a little deeper, he's a guy that really drives possession for Kelowna. Just a terrific all-around defender.
G-Guy Fieri, Anchorage--For as good as both of these teams are, neither has a really dominating starting goalie. I went with Fieri whose .902 save percentage is good enough that Anchorage's dominating top line can outscore teams.

Task #8 First Season Review - 3 TPE

Overall, Mars Stanton's performance in his first season in the SMJHL wasn't necessarily great, but then again, as a rookie player on a team in the middle of a complete rebuild, that is perhaps to be expected. I had higher expectations for my player coming into the league, and was hoping for better statistics, especially when it came to my +/- stat. But I think I learned a lot about just how good the league is, and that it is going to take time to get my player to where I would like him to be. The good news is that even though I got off to a dreadful start, I began to perform much better towards the end of the season(besides a bit of a disaster in the playoffs). St. Louis didn't really have the depth to compete this year anyway, so I think it's best to chalk this first season up to a learning experience. And from that standpoint, I really learned a lot and grew my player a lot, which should make me more successful in the future. I especially learned that it will be important to make my player more balanced between offense and defense in the future, and to improve my physical attributes more than some of the technical attributes. In all, I wouldn't say this was a particularly good season, but I do think that I've set myself up to have more success in the future.

Task #10 Looking at Next Year - 3 TPE

Starting from Day One of this past season, we knew it was going to be a rough year for St. Louis, because we had a big rookie draft class that were trying to plug a lot of holes in our line-up and we just didn't have the experience to compete. But all of our focus this past season was working on improving so that we would be in a position to be very competitive in S60. The blue line has always been a problem for St. Louis in recent seasons, but next year, the team should be absolutely stacked back there. We return veterans Dane Von Gucci, Ethan Bouchard, and Daryl Urquhart next season, and Mars Stanton and Marcel Beck, two of the Crows top picks from last season, will no longer be rookies and should be much more effective in their second seasons. There's a feeling in the St. Louis locker room that if they can hit another home run in the draft and select one more big time contributor on the blue line, they will be absolutely stacked back there. 

In goal, Iorek Byrnison returns. Byrnison stood on a his head and flat-out stole a few wins for St. Louis last season. But with more help in front of him next season, he should be even better because he won't be asked to do so much. The expectation is that St. Louis will be much, much better defensively next season.

The forwards still have a few holes in the line-up, but hopefully the scouting team for the Scarecrows can uncover a few more gems in the draft. Rookies Maverick Seabrook and Nikolai Ayerzov both had really promising first campaigns for the team, and should begin to step up as leaders in their second season. 

In all, the future looks very bright for St. Louis. This past season was ugly at times, but those days appear to be behind them. The S60 draft class was a very strong one for them, and once those players start to mature, they should form the core of a very good SMJHL team.

Task #17 Milestones- 2 TPE

Milestones

Total TPE = 16

Task 1: Free 3 TPE

Task 3: Promotional Item 2TPE

The Detroit Falcons are bringing fans a Kermit Murphy bobble head to commemorate the elite scorers league leading season in goals.  The bobble head is six inches tall and filed with actual piss and vinegar from the player Kermit Murphy.  Due to limited supply, only the first ten fans in attendance will get a bobble head.  It is a strict rendition of the player, including that green amphibian-like skin we have all come to accept and love.  Bring your kids on down to the area for the first playoff game against Quebec City to have a chance to receive your very own Kermit Murphy bobble head.
106 words

Task 4: Player Comparison 2TPE

This year on the Falcons, two key players in the lineup (Anton Mihailov and Johnathan Granstroem) knew that they would be going on the the SHL after the season ended.  Having that in mind, let us take a look at how each player did statistically this year. 

Granstroem: 66gp 12g 28a 40p

Mihailov: 66gp 17g 33a 50 p

It is important to note that these players play a different style of hockey, and that they are both very good at their particular styles.  Mihailov was a very effective offensive producer with 50 points in 66 games, as was Granstroem who was close behind him with 40 points in 66 games.  Granstroem also led his team with 176 hits throughout his season, the fifth most in the league and the most among all forwards in the league.  There is no doubt that both of these players will have great careers in the big leagues.
153 words

Task 5: Giving back 3TPE

I was happy to volunteer and donate to Mercy Education Project.  The Mercy Education Project is a nonprofit in Detroit that helps underserved and less privileged members of the community receive the education they need.  Directed towards educating minority women, this program boasts a 100% rate of their GED candidates that enter college.  I was able to provide enough funding for them to add another teacher onto their staff, as well as volunteering my time to help educate these women.  Through combined efforts by myself and the wonderful members of this organization, I directly saw the achievements of 12 women in southwest Detroit graduate and complete their GED’s.  With these degrees, they will be able to better communicate with native English speakers as well as find more gainful employment in more prosperous careers.  This organization was one of the best organizations I have ever worked with and I cannot speak more positively of the ethical way they approached the education of these women. 
163 words

Task 6: Dream Team 3TPE

C: Roboute Gouilliman, KEL- I picked Roboute Gouilliman for my dream time mostly because he leads the entire SMJHL in corsi-for percentage.  69.9 percent is amazing and leaps and bounds ahead of other players who played a 66 game season.  Truly a phenomenal season from Gouilliman.

RW: Travis Konecny, KEL- I picked Travis Konecny for similar reasons as picking my center: his corsi.  His corsi for percentage is also phenomenal and higher than any player’s on Anchorage.  The dude has an incredible head of lettuce as well, top tier flow.  Great at chirping.

LW: Danny C, KEL- Danny C is my left wing for this team because his name is incredible.  Danny C.  Just rolls off the tongue and you could definitely scream it after he snipes one past the goaltender’s glove.  Total Danny C move right there.

RD: A-Rye Izzy, KEL- I picked Izzy for my right defenseman spot because I think him being with his Kelowna teammates will produce great on ice chemistry.  Just tic tack toe passes while a winger claps bombs and they all go home to bang someone’s mom.  Absolute units these boys are.

LD: Richard LaFleur, KEL- LaFleur is on this team because of his great moral support.  He is the league’s best cheerleader

Task 16: Trivia 3TPE
Verification word: JuiceisLoose

16/16 TPE

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

Quote:Task #1 - 3 TPE
Because of all of your efforts during the S59 Charity Drive, HO has fully comped one of the CW tasks. That means you can claim the 3 TPE from this first tsk, without any effort at all.

Cool, I'll take it!

Quote:Task #3 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

Many fans were utterly confused when they were given a bobblehead of the character Fuse from Apex Legends, wearing Anaheim Outlaws gear. However, it is part of a partnership between Respawn Entertainment and the Outlaws organization, allowing fans to obtain special in game cosmetic items to show off their appreciation for the team to the world. However, if you don't play Apex Legends, you're free to trade the in game code in for a hot dog instead with any of the vendors in the stadium. Many fans worried this was just the Anaheim team "selling out", but if you could see the number of players, employees, and management that play Apex Legends, it makes a lot more sense!

Quote:Task #7 - 3 TPE
How would round 1 have gone down if the team matchups had been different? Which teams would be advancing to round 2? Would it have been more evenly matched? Less? (If you're on a team that had a round 1 bye, you can talk about round 2 instead)

I think a lot of people were intrigued by the round one and two matchups going into this season, and many of them didn't pan out the way they were expected to, and that just makes it even more exciting to be a part of the SHL and SMJHL hockey leagues. I think the two matchups that could have been the most different are if Anaheim and Carolina matched up, as well as Maine and Vancouver. I think Vancouver would likely knock Maine out of the running earlier, moving on to the 2nd round as they did now, and the Outlaws would take the Kraken to game seven, but ultimately would win, advancing to the second round as well., Unfortunately for both Vancouver and Anaheim, the Cinderella run would end there, and both teams would be working on their golf game by the end of the second round, but I think it's important to note that the lower ranked teams in the SMJHL always have a chance.

Quote:Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

Other than likely taking extra anxiety pills due to the constant stress about the upcoming draft, I would likely spend a lot of time talking with friends and family. It's a big time for me, and every rookie going into this draft, so it's important that everyone has a strong support system around themselves. Beyond that, I would spend a lot of time playing games, like Apex Legends, with friends, trying to keep my mind off the upcoming stressful draft day. Also, I'd prolly cook a lot, another one of my favorite hobbies. I enjoy experimenting with foods and making great meals for others to try. They don't ALWAYS come out amazing, but I try my best of course. But, it's a lot to look forward to, especially as a SMJHL first overall pick last season, and having what some consider a subpar performance as a rookie (I don't) the pressure is on to see if I can perform in the big leagues now!

Quote:Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.

Didthething

Quote:Task #17 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045643 - 2 TPE

Task 17: Link to Page +3 TPE

Task 1: SHL is Awesome. +3 TPE

Task 16: verification word: boyz +3 TPE

Task 6: Here's my dream team: in goal, I gotta go with Guy Fieri from Anchorage. He edges out Aalto is the stats category as well as being the mayor of Flavo(u)rtown. In front of him, the two defense that would shut down any incoming threat are Jean-Locke Zidane (ANC) and Mikhael Petrov (KEL). They are absolute studs on defense and can chip in the points too. Looking at these two, I think Dougie Hamilton and Jaccob Slavin - both can defend and score, but one (Zidane/Slavin) really covers up for the rover (Hamilton/Petrov). Up top, I have Cian McFelter (KEL), Cole Carter (ANC), and Pablo Salvatici (ANC). McFelter embodies the natural striking ability of a forward, Carter and Salvatici give you the hard-nosed play that results in wearing down defenses and putting pucks in the net. With these five, I don't see how any other team could beat them. +3 TPE

Task 12: Marcel Beck - what would an SHL team get by picking him? First of all, they would be getting a max earner. It's true that there are a few others in the class that are max earners and have even earned a little more due to luck, but I've been told it doesn't matter too much in the long run. But you know what? I kinda does matter to me. I want Marcel Beck to be the top TPE player in the league(s). I want him to outclass even the players picked two seasons before him. So in that respect, picking Marcel Beck will give an SHL a hungry, fiery passion for improvement. For on ice play, a lucky SHL team will be getting a player who shuts others down in the defensive end and moves the puck up quickly for the scoring opportunities. Beck led all Scarecrows in DGR while being second in overall ice time. There are two specific statostic areas that Beck needs to improve: +/- (which will come), and decrease giveaways. I'm not sure why, but he likes to give the puck up a lot (maybe trying to make that touchdown pass). +3 TPE

Task 13 A: Gerry Atrick. There are a ton of great names out there, but in my opinion, this one takes the cake. It's realistic (Gerry), while punny. It also gives the mental image of some of my beer league teammates skating around the ice. I had the honor of managing them at WJC last year and I smiled every time I slotted them into a line just from the name. +1 TPE

Task 8: I think Marcel Beck did okay this year. (Sparky said he's doing great, but he's being nice and I still see some holes.) I would have liked to see more points or just better offensive numbers in general. Even more so than that, I would have liked more blocks and hits. In the DFA time, Beck was a leader in blocks and hits. I do believe his role changed a lot leading to the change in stats - he went up a ton in ice time. I should probably less hard on him though. As a ~250 TPE player, he was on the top pair, regularly playing against hard capped players. If you look at it that way, Beck did absolutely amazing. He was pretty much punching out of his weight class all season and ended up holding his own for the most part (don't look at the +/-). I have to be honest, after an amazing DFA stint and being taken 8th overall, I was a little sad to see others better than Beck in some categories. My expectation is to always be the best and I'd say he was not quite there. It'll be a different story next season. +3 TPE

19/16

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

+3TPE- Claiming Task #1 for Charity Drive Comp

Big Thank You!!!!

+2TPE- Task #3

The Quebec City Citadelles -with my help- will be giving away owl-styled bobbleheads to give thanks to the fans for supporting us. The design will be a simple white owl, true to the logo, dressed in a Quebec City Citadelles home jersey. On the back of the jersey, the number one will be placed with "Greatest Fans" written above it where a players name would typically be placed. The head will of course bobble, and there will be a button you press that plays the Citadelles goal horn song when you press on it. The bobblehead will come complete with the two AA batteries needed to power it, which will be rechargeable; and a charging station, since we want to also be environmentally friendly in Quebec City.

Code:
Word Count: 127

+3TPE- Task #8

Personally, I felt like I had a slow start to my rookie season as I adjusted to playing against better players. As time when on, with help and coaching, I do feel I grew stronger, however. On the ice I was able to deliver plenty of hits, which was a goal of mine going into the year. I'm as strong -if not stronger- than many players in the SMJHL, and I used my frame and strength to block shots and play physical. To my surprise, I even scored a few goals. Going into the season, I full well expected to go scoreless; or end up with two or three points, at most.

I want to generate more takeaways moving forward, though. My defensive game ratings were strong, and I was probably respectable in the takeaway category. However, truthfully, I expected more there. That will be a strong point of emphasis for me this off-season, in addition to trying to improve my puckhandling and passing a bit to better help the team next season in the quest for a cup.

Code:
Word Count: 179

+3TPE- Task #11

This offseason I'll be taking a bit of a two week break after the season to get back into the studio with my band and work on some songs for our upcoming metal album we plan to release: "Cold Violence". After losing in the playoffs, it will be nice to get a break, sorta clear my head a little bit.

After that, I anticipate I will be touring a lot of cities in North America in preparation for the SHL draft. My representation has already had contact with a few clubs, and I have been intrigued by the conversations. I do have a very clear early favorite in my head based off of potential fit, as well as those conversations; but there are also many clubs I have yet to speak with. So naturally things could change; and the closer we get, the likely more chaotic things will become. I'm going to do my best to enjoy the process, though.

After that, I will turn my attention back to the SMJHL, and helping the Quebec City Citadelles win another Four Star Cup next season; where I hope to be for a few more seasons.

Code:
Word Count: 194

+3TPE- Task #16 Trivia

Verification Word: Spitfire

+2TPE- Task #17 Milestone Bonuses

Milestone Bonus

DEFENSE
Hits -> 56 or more (Claiming with a total of 122)
Fights Won -> 1 or more (Claiming with a total of 1 Win)

Total TPE Gained: 16/16

[Image: GardnerNoTeam.jpg?width=747&height=420]
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 03:05 PM by SMD414.)

Task 1 - +3 TPE

Task 16 - Verification word: Apple

Task 17 - 2 Milestones

Task 3:[Image: Rz2uBZC.png]

Task 8: I would say that I performed pretty well for my first season with my position on the team and the results of our season. I spent most, if not all, of the season on the third line. I was able to produce goals and assists while having limited playing time. I wasn't sure what to expect for a first season performance, never have being apart of a sim league before this, but I'm definitely happy with the result. For the next season, I plan on continuing to work on my offense and physicality, goals started coming more frequently as the season progressed so I feel like I'm on the verge of becoming a regular contributor. As I get better in those areas, I definitely need to make sure that I'm not a defensive liability. Ideally, I envision myself getting some time on the power play as I start to produce bigger numbers.  (169 words)

Task 10: The Vancouver Whalers definitely have a lot to be excited about going forward. We made it to the second round of the playoffs with a team comprised of many young players, some of whom had stellar rookie years (Olof, Lev, NeverBrokeAgain). The sophomores of the next season are only going to keep contributing more and more while the players that were already contributing keep up the same work they were doing this past season. In the second round of the playoffs this year, our team had trouble keeping up with the Kelowna Knights, forcing us to heavily rely on our top two lines. Next year, I see us being able to bring a more balanced approach to the tougher teams, allowing us to make a deeper playoff run and becoming more of a contender. We're still a work in progress, but I'm really hopeful for this team over the next few seasons. (154 words)

Task 13: 
C - To me, Vancouver making past Kelowna would have been David slaying Goliath. Kelowna had all of the pieces they needed to get to the finals. You could compare it to the unlikely scenario of the Montreal Canadiens somehow taking down the Toronto Maple Leafs after Toronto takes a 3-1 series lead, that could never happen. Oh wait, it did. Well, Vancouver didn't have the same luck as Montreal, Kelowna would have to have a major collapse and that didn't happen. I don't know as much about Detroit but not getting blown out 4-1 in their first series is a good start. (102 words)

[Image: ragnarsson_sig_after_render.png]

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE

Thank-you for the 3 TPE

Code:
Task #2 - 3 TPE (graphic only)
The finals are always a great time for SHL hopefuls to get their name on the map. Make a hockey magazine cover regarding a specific player in the finals, either rookie or send-down, to hype them up.
Requirements: A player render, the SMJHL logo of the team the player plays for (and/or SHL if they're a senddown), the name of the hockey magazine and a tagline about the player in question.

[Image: Cole-Carter.jpg]

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
Code:
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

Rinky’s First Season

Rinky’s first season in the SMJHL was somewhat underwhelming.  Which was as to be expected given that he joined the roster of the Colorado Raptors after they had already played their first 18 games.  Over the 48 games in which Rinky took the ice, he managed 4 goals and 5 assists for a total of 9 points.  This type of production was not unexpected as Rinky only played an average of 8:57 per game and had no power play opportunities. As well, Rinky was only beginning to develop as a p[layer.  As his skill set improves so will his production points.  What is a greater concern, however, is the fact that Rinky had a -12 in the +/- category. This is where Rinky must improve. The attributes of Defensive Read, Checking and Stick Checking are a priority for the off season.  Overall, Rinky’s first part season in the SMJHL was completely satisfactory.  He has mostly learned the ropes and is looking forward to a better second season.  

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

Rinky’s Off Season

Rinky’s season was only 48 games long.  He was able to contribute 9 points which was not too bad, but he was a -12.  This latter stat has to improve if Rinky wants to become an elite player.  It is just as important to keep the puck out of your own net as it is to put it in that of the other team. Defence will be the focus of what off season training there is to be. However, before becoming involved in the rigorous training program that has been set out for him, Rinky will be going back to The Emerald Isle for a bit of R & R.  His plans are to visit his childhood area of Waterford and to subsequently go on a motorcycle tour of the southern counties.There is some anticipation regarding the SHL draft, but it is unlikely that any team will really look at Rinky until next season.  Therefore, he will go back to Colorado with renewed effort and a better skill set for next season.  

Code:
Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.
Post that you did the trivia, plus your verification word from the form, in your reply in this thread
>>>> LINK TO TRIVIA FORM <<<<

Yup, I did participate in the Finals Trivia.  Verification Word: Bethseda

Code:

Milestones

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE

I feel I played especially well in my first season in the SMJHL. Honestly, I feel like I deserve to win Rookie of the Year in the SMJHL. As a defenseman, providing offense is hard enough as is in this league, but I managed to finish 12th in scoring as a defenseman, as a rookie. I vastly exceeded the expectations I set for myself, especially being on a bottom team in the league, I felt like I wasn't going to perform that well this season, but I found my groove quicker than I thought and meshed well with my D partner, Manyhands, and the rest of the squad. For next season, I feel I need to continue growing my offensive game. I want to be the best offensive defenseman in the league and be able to help all of our forwards get chances in the offensive zone. Despite that, I also feel I need to be able to be competent in the defensive zone, so improving there could be beneficial. But for this season, 100% will be working on all my offensive abilities.

Code:
Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B. The Kelowna Knights had to go through the Vancouver Whalers and Newfoundland Berserkers to get to the finals, while the Anchorage Armada faced a less demanding set of opponents in the Nevada Battleborn, Colorado Raptors and Quebec City Citadelles. Will Kelowna have enough left in their tank to go through another close series against a strong opponent?
C. You're in another timeline where Detroit and Vancouver are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the second round?
D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

A. The best name in the series has to be Bean Beanman. Not only do we get someone with the name Bean, but the last name is Beanman. There isn't anything more lit then than having your first name be in your last name. I expect nothing but elite play from Bean Beanman in the series due to no reason other than their name.
B. I do think Kelowna will have enough left in the tank to deal with a close series against Anchorage. Despite Anchorage playing a less demanding set of opponents, Anchorage also had to play 3 more games along the way than Kelowna did. Both teams are probably beaten and battered, but I think it'll cancel out and will give us a good Finals series.
C. In another timeline, Vancouver managed to beat Kelowna and Newfoundland because Name Redacted went into both teams locker room and messed with all of their Gatorade jugs and filled them with vodka and other miscellaneous alcohols. Detroit managed to beat the Citadelles because they used an Ultra Ball on Mew Two and used them on their own team for the rest of the playoffs.
D. For Kelowna, Cian McFelter definitely has to be the key player during the regular season. McFelter had 14 more points than the next closest player on the Knights and carried the Knights lethal power play, gathering 23 power play points throughout the season. For Anchorage, anyone from their top forward line is deserving of being the key player. Because of this, I think I gotta go with the best player not on the top line, and pick Gregory Goode. Goode was the best offensive defenseman in the league and managed 55 points on the blueline for the Armada.

Code:

slatt

Task #17

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

Task 1) Free +3 TPE

Task 5) For Zhen Roza, the team losing in the first round was pretty hard. Himself and the team were expecting to have a fight, rather than a slaughter. While things in the hockey world did not turn out the way that Roza wanted them to, he could at least give back to the community that had embraced him in his first year in Anaheim. When the team representative called him asking if he and the other fellow rookies wanted to help initiate the Covid vaccine set up in the ice rink, Zhen Roza immediately said yes. For starters it gets him out of the house, but it also allows him to interact with the fans and give some contribution. Getting there nice and early, Roza and his fellow rookies set up and began to open the doors and booths for the line of fans eager to meet the players while they got stabbed by a needle. For the younger fans it was an awesome experience and some of them took the opportunity to use the pain to get some free stuff from some of the soft hearted players.

Task 8) “I thought I played...Okay, just okay. Could I have done better? Sure. Of course, but I was not brought this year to be the main guy. They let me have the reins for about a week and I think I showed them some good stuff. But overall, this whole season I made some big strides and I learned a ton from the experience, teammates and coaches. Playing over 20 games was a confidence boost, knowing that the coaching staff has faith in me, and going above .500 is something I want to build on going into next season. No matter how the situation looks, I want to get better and get this team a Cup. I need to improve all around, but mentally I need to get tougher and know how to rebound from a goal. I think this season, we saw that I would let in a goal and all of the sudden it meant the flood gates were open. Me, the coaching staff and my goalie coach are going to really dissect it and see where I can improve.” .

Task 10) The Anaheim Outlaw are in a good position to follow up a decent campaign and keep building on their momentum. This is a team that has one of the highest number of new players including rookies, where they took 3 in the first 2 rounds. If this team and players can take that next step they can definitely look to go not just further in the playoffs but maybe compete in the Four Star Cup? The window for this young team starts now, and from players to management there needs to be an understanding that winning is going to happen. Some of the young studs on this team that fans are going to be excited about are Jonathon Hagan (D), Zhen Roza (G), Stan Din'desque (C.), Daniel Merica Jr. (LW), and High Haschdi (LW), and all these guys are poised to have huge seasons next year. Anaheim if they play it right can definitely win multiple cups, but the planning and hard work needs to start now.

Task 16) Trivia Done - Verification Word (Zhen)

Task 17) MilestoneHere
+2 TPE

[Image: vikian.gif]

1. Task #1 - 3 TPE
    Thank you.

2. Task #2 - 3 TPE
    The cover of 'The Gongshow Mag' featuring Danny C of the Kelowna Knights
    https://i.imgur.com/Q4jgxd9.png

3. Task #3 - 2 TPE
    Foam Newfoundland Berserker Axe!
    https://i.imgur.com/2ko1RyJ.png

4. Task #4 - 2 TPE
    Who can stop Danny C?
    Leading the offensive charge for the Kelowna Knights with a team high 8 goals in the play-offs at the time of writing, left winger Danny C is a scoring weapon on the ice that needs to be dealt with fast if the Anchorage Armada have any hope of winning this seasons Four Star Cup. Who can answer the call for the Armada? Having already racked up 40 hits during the play-offs and with an oppressive 280 hits during the regular season defence man Jean-Locke Zidane might be the one to step up and put a muzzle on Kelowna’s top threat.
    [100 words]

5. Task #5 - 3 TPE
    The Newfoundland Turtle Sanctuary charity drive
    https://i.imgur.com/goTmrKR.png

6. Task #9 - 2 TPE
    For me personally the most exciting playoff series had to be the Newfoundland Berserkers facing the Maine Timber. With this being my first season in the junior league making it to the playoffs was really exciting and unexpected. Watching the game stream with the team was amazing, the energy in the locker room was electric especially when someone from the team would hit the back of the net and that intoxicating and familiar blast of JA JA DING DONG pulsed through the speakers. My hope was to contribute in some meaningful way to the team’s playoff run and my personal highlight was being names Zerk of the game and scoring the game winner in game three against Kelowna!
    [118 words]

7. Task #17 - 1 TPE
    RE: S59 SMJHL Milestones

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 10:57 AM by Grapehead.)

Task #1 - 3 TPE

Done

Task #2 - 3 TPE

[Image: UhnsDza.png]

Task #5 - 3 TPE

[Image: G6DE5cz.png]

Task #9 - 2 TPE

The first round matchup between the Quebec City Citadelles and the St Louis Scarecrows is my pick for most exciting series. This was the only series that required all seven games to decide, and five of the games were decided by 2 or fewer goals. St Louis shocked the SMJHL by beating the defending champs in games 1 and 2 in Quebec, both by a score of 3-2. Despite a strong thumping from QCC in game 3, to the tune of 6-1, the Scarecrows held a commanding 3-1 series lead following game 4. The Citadelles buckled down and pulled out a gritty 4-3 victory in game 5 to push the series further, and then followed up with 3-0 and 3-1 wins to close out the spectacular comeback. The defending champs utilized their wealth of playoff experience, and found a way to overcome a feisty Scarecrows team.

Task #11 - 3 TPE

This offseason Jimmy will be working hard to clean up the defensive side of his game. Looking forward to the SHL draft, it’s no surprise many scouts have made note of Jimmy’s shortcomings on defense. The jump to the SMJHL was a rude awakening for JLC, who had been accustomed to dominating at previous levels of hockey, but the skill level here was something he hadn’t prepared himself for properly. With the right training in the offseason, and the right adjustments to his play, Jimmy’s hoping to pull a complete 180 next season when it comes to playing without the puck. Knowing his coaches and teammates aren’t able to trust him with defending in all situations is a lot of motivation for the young winger, and he’s anxious to put in the work and erase that narrative in S60. With a lot of work to be done, scouts are predicting that JLC will fall a bit further than his SMJHL draft position, but if that’s the case then some team will be landing quite a steal, because this kid won’t stop improving.

Task #17 - Milestones - 2 TPE

S59 Milestones

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE
Thank u HO Smile

Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.
The item that will be given out is a commemorative Kraken bobblehead. As an avid collector of bobbleheads, Bjorn Bjorn was one of the lead designers on the project and thinks the fans will love it. The Kraken mascot sports a hockey helmet and small gloves on the end of all of his tentacles. This item will be given out at the first game of the next season. Although our season did not end the way we wanted it to, there is no better appreciation for fans than a great first game to start the season off right. Not to mention, who doesn’t love a bobblehead!

Code:
Task #9 - 2 TPE
Which series of these playoffs up until the finals has been the best / most thrilling and why? Write a short recap of which series you personally enjoyed the best and talk about the key points of the series, along with what ultimately led to the final result of it.
Requirements: 100+ words.
The best series up until the finals was the first round matchup between QCC and STL. I think I personally enjoyed it the best because it is the only series to go the full 7 games which, to me, makes it the most exciting series so far. I think the key moment of the series is when QCC came out and won game 5 by a single goal when they were down by 3-1 before. This show of grit and grind propelled QCC to take the series in the end. In game 7, QCC had full momentum and came away with a 3-1 victory to take the series, which I enjoyed a lot.

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
For this offseason, Bjorn Bjorn is going to be training extremely hard for the SHL draft. Always one of the more physical players growing up, when Bjorn hit the SMJHL he realized he had to work even harder. This summer he will be in the weight room looking to establish himself as a dominant physical force. Not only that, but Bjorn wants to become a more refined and polished skater. He might never have the nose for goals, assists, and points, but Bjorn wants to be better at establishing himself as a threat even a bit. To accomplish this, Bjorn will go for a free skate at his local ice rink on every Friday to see his progress in the weight room, and will be training harder on the other weekdays. Bjorn also hopes to go through a lot of scouting conversations and try and figure out where would best suit him this draft and who he wants to play for.

Code:
negs

Code:
3 TPE

[Image: Bjorn_Bjorn_Sig.png]
[Image: bjornswedengif.gif]