Create Account

S59 SMJHL CW
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 09:46 AM by TeyonSchavari.)

Task 1 - +3 TPE Smile

ISFL Affiliate PT +3 TPE

Milestones +3 TPE

Trivia Confirmation word - Bingus - +3 TPE

[Image: HailBingus.png?width=911&height=450]

Task 1 : 3TPE
Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.
On fan appreciation night, all regular ticket holders were given a commemorative mug, decorated with the Carolina Kraken colours and logo, and containing a paper wall pennant. Holders of the mugs also qualified for unlimited free beverages during the game. Season ticket holders were given their choice of a beach towel or small blanket in similar fashion, with the option of adding a player number to the design. Towels are Egyptian cotton, high thread count, and the blankets are a linen/cotton blend with a wind and water-resistant canvas layer on one side, suitable for use as a picnic blanket.

Code:

Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Roderic Banes is the proud founder and ardent supporter of HVAC, the Himbo Validation Aid Center. Its core mission is to spread awareness that not ALL muscly, gorgeous hunks as dumb as a bag of rocks. This year, he led a strong letter-writing campaign to the heads of various movie and tv studios expressing his concern over the negative, one-dimensional portayal of his people. "It's a damn shame," Banes said to a journalist confused why he was there, "we have some positive representation, Tarzan is the best on-screen himbo as far as good role models go. Kronk from the Emperors New Groove is up there, but roles like Chris Hemsworth in Ghostbusters just really re-enforce why we do what we do." Banes took time to speak to media in between sets at the gym.
Code:

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?
Requirements: 150+ words.
Overall, I am happy with my performance. Finishing 14th in points among the seasons rookies felt like a small win after being drafted 25th. After some reflection, I would say: happy but not completely satisfied. I am looking at the WJC as a chance to continue to develop my game. I have already worked very hard on my defensive play, which I felt was a liability in the early season. That's come a long way. Now I hope to elevate my play and try and impress some SHL scouts. My dream is to get picked up by a Vancouver expansion team, but that's not in the cards for the moment. I hope to stay with the Kraken as long as I can, but I know I'll be a Kraken for life.

Code:

Code:
Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?
Next season is a very exciting prospect for the Kraken. We had a lot of rookies in the squad this season, and they all performed exceptionally well in their roles. Next season is a big chance for them to step up and continue the great progress they made. I think Carolina has a strong chance to be a contender next season, and in the next few seasons, with all the young talent they have brought on board. We are losing some key pieces to call-ups, but it's hard to be sad about it when they finally get the big shot they have earned. We're all lookoing forward to seeing what they can make of it, and wishing them all the best.

Code:

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.
Roddy B is spending the off-season pursuing his original, pre-hockey passion: beach volleyball. He managed to find an in to the dark world of Underground Chesapeake BV (that's Beach Volleyball for those in the know). it's a dangerous game but he lives for the thrill. When not smashing the sands with killer spikes, Roddy will be hitting the gym hard this off-season to work on developing his on-ice physical presence. He plans to come in to S60 stronger, faster and more tenacious on the puck. But with plenty of time to look forward to, he's not forgetting to take time for the small things, like spending quality time with his new teammates, and exploring his new home in Carolina.

Code:
Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.
Verification word: Onions

Code:

Code:
Task #17 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.
+3 TPE - Milestones

[Image: banes.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 01:53 PM by ryan cvit.)

Total TPE: 14/16

task #1 - charity drive +3 tpe

task #3 +2 tpe - Anchorage has been blessed with some of the best fans in the SMJHL and to show our appreciation for them throughout the playoffs we are going to be giving the first 3 thousand fans that show up to the arena for game 3’s Four Star Cup final against Kelowna- A signed puck by Pablo Salvatici! The puck will feature both Anchorage’s and Kelowna’s logos as well as the Four Star Cup logo and the game and date on the front of the puck. The back of the puck will be a picture of Salvatici in action with his signature under the picture. (102) 

task #8 +3 tpe - LaTrell McDonalds rookie season in the SMJHL was nothing short of perfect. He ended with 38 points in 68 games which was good for the league lead in rookie scoring. He led all rookies in goals scored with 22 and helped the team reach the Four Star Cup finals, the word helped could be used very lightly though as he only scored 3 points in 20 playoff games played. As for me in real life, I absolutely exceeded the expectations I had for my player and I was not expecting to lead all rookies in scoring I was just happy to be back in the league again. I got off to a hot start with multi goal games coming extremely early and often. I hit a wall mid-season but came back again and ended strong. The playoffs however, was an entirely different story as I only managed 3 points but hey we made the Cup finals so I was just happy to be there. (164)

task #10 +3 tpe - The Armada almost reached the pinnacle of the SMJHL this season reaching the Finals and might I add reaching the finals very easily only losing 3 games leading up to the championship round. That all came to a halt however as Kelowna handled us easily in 5 games winning the deciding game 7-0 (I think). All things considered I was happy with the team’s performance this year, we had a lot of fun together. We have a lot to be excited for next season because I believe we are only losing one key player next season in Pablo Salvatici (I could be wrong but I think I heard that in the locker room the other day) so I still expect our team to be amongst one of the best in the SMJHL once again. We have a lot of exciting rookies looking to take the next step in the J and I can’t wait. (154)

task #17 - milestone post +3

[Image: OIQc6sy.png]

You may claim affiliation from an NSFL or PBE PT for 3 of your 16 TPE total.

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid473256

Task #1 - 3 TPE

Because of all of your efforts during the S59 Charity Drive, HO has fully comped one of the CW tasks. That means you can claim the 3 TPE from this first tsk, without any effort at all.

Task #3 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

All fans at the last Timbers home game against the Berserkers, were given a hatchet. This was handed out in game six as this was the teams last chance to win the series and go into the semi-finals against Kelowna who looks to be a possible winner. These were meant to commemorate the great season the team has had, exceeding expectations. To thank their fans for their patience during the rebuild the Axe is worth several hundred dollars due to its Oak handle, leather work including a much-needed cover, and a sharp steel blade. The first season these were given out by the Timbers they forgot to make covers for the blade, and it was a tad bit of a bloodbath but since then the Axe’s have become a fan favourite.

Task #4 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.

Cole Carter led the Armada with 21 points in 20 games which included 7 goals and 14 assists ending +2. He also provided 33 hits and 13 blocks providing a solid two-way game with a CF% of 57.7. Carter is one of the most athletic players one can find in the SMJHL which also gave him a solid upper hand. Gerry Atrick on the other hand for the Knights, had only 13 points in 17 games. He had a solid two-way game, and when matched up with the top line of the Armada featuring Carter, he was able to shut them down late in the series. Atrick had 5 goals, 8 assists for 13 points in 17 games, with a CF% of 58.1. Despite playing in tough matchups, he still impressed and on top of this ended +15.

Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

I went in with super high expectations for my player and essentially met none of them. Throughout the season I really go a grasp on what made players effective, especially defensemen, and realized my physical stats were super behind everyone else’s. With four goals and 14 assists, I had expected my player to perform better offensively, as I also went -42 and had just horrific advanced stats. The only thing I was somewhat impressed with is that I was able to get a decent baseline of defensive and offensive stats near the end and did quite well in the playoffs with 7 points in 10 games. For next season I plan on improving my physical traits across the board, as well as increasing my players IQ through O and D read abilities. Lastly, I may increase get open and accuracy to 11 as it is cost-efficient although part of this is dependent on the cost changes and how they are implemented. Also the data behind the scenes will need to improve from one of the worse on the team to one of the best hopefully in terms of CF% etc. as Maine nears a fully capped out team.

Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S60 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Suitors for Philip Demitra should be excited because he has been training hard every week and should be a capped out junior player partway through this coming season. This means that Demitra should be a solid juniors’ player the next couple “seasons”. Demitra has indicated he wants to stay in Maine, if possible, to give him time to adjust to North American hockey and build up his capped abilities so that when he enters the SHL, he can compete without falling too far behind. Demitra also hopes to increase his leadership in the locker room over the coming seasons, while his agent also gets more involved in the media. Demitra should be way more defensively sound next year, especially with Maine hopefully solidifying their roster. With his defensive play solid, he will then be able to hopefully meet his goal of being around a .5 ppg player. If his horrifying underline numbers also sort themselves out this year, then by all indications Demitra could become a solid 2nd-3rd pairing defenseman who can add value to both ends of special teams.

Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045501

[Image: rFbd0KA.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2021, 11:29 AM by CampinKiller.)

Task #1 - DONE
Task #3 -

The Anaheim Outlaws will be giving out a free team themed beer koozie during their final home game of the regular season. Fans attending this game will have the choice of two koozies. The first is in the traditional red home colors of the Outlaws, with the logo affixed in two positions, 180 degrees opposite the other logo. A black stripe runs vertically down either side, "separating" the logos, and are positioned 90 degrees from the logos (180 degrees from each other). The second option is a koozie with jersey "sleeves" and is much like the actual Outlaws uniform, with a random player name and number on the back side of the jersey.

Task #8 -

Overall I feel that I surpassed my expectations for my rookie season. I have never made a defenseman before, so I was going in somewhat blind as to what was necessary to make a solid defenseman, outside of common sense, such as read, positioning, and checking. I want my defenseman to be a solid puck moving defenseman, generating a lot of offense but still being solid at the back - so somewhere between a two-way and a strictly offensive mindset. I feel like coming out of the season even in the +/- category and putting up 24 points as a 3rd pairing dman is a solid rookie season, much better than I had expected. Coming into this next season, I'm looking at improving my offensive abilities to really see my quarterback/puck moving defenseman build start to take its juniors shape. My defensive abilities will still remain solid, and somewhat improved at the back, but now I'm looking to see my player shine offensively in his top 4 slot this season.

Task #11 -

Hagan is spending his time in the offseason doing a number of things, the most prominent of which is enjoying his summer. He's been seen hitting the lake and drinking with the boys, hitting the golf course and drinking with the boys, and going to the bars and drinking with the boys. He's spent time on the ice working on his game as well, ahead of the upcoming SHL Entry Draft. He's had a few conversations with scouts and GMs of the big league teams, and has been watching some of the media coverage as draft day approaches. Mainly though, the summer has been a time of rest and relaxation for the young defenseman. He knows that he is going to work hard and continue to better himself as a player, but also recognizes that he must take time away from the game and enjoy himself so he does not wear himself out.

Task #16 - Poopsock
Task #17 - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3046086

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Code:
Task #1: FREE TPE (you love to see it) - +3 TPE

Code:
Task #8 - +3 TPE

My rookie year in the SMJHL is finally over, and truly it has been a special one for so many reasons. Coming into a new location, meeting all of the new faces around me and really honing my skills on the ice has been an extremely fun thing to partake in over this season, and I am thankful for the opportunity to have partaken in doing so with such a special team. In terms of in-game performances, there aren't a lot to speak of really - I was only out on the ice for around 12 minutes a game on average after all. However, the expectation was never to come in and be a first line starter on this team instantly; we were all working towards our common goal, the Four Star Cup. And we achieved that. Sure, I was a bit-part in achieving this for our team, but I did contribute - 28 regular season points and multiple clutch playoff goals are nothing to sniff at. When next season comes around, I will be ready to take a step forward and take on a bigger role in our team, but for now I will celebrate our playoff victories and be happy I was here to experience such a thing that many never really get the chance to.

Code:
216 words

Code:
Task #11 - +3 TPE

With my rookie season now over, it is now time to look forward and prepare for the daunting prospect that is the SHL Draft. It's something that young hockey players from around the globe spend their entire junior careers working towards, and I don't plan on letting that opportunity slip by due to partying post-Four Star win. From what I understand, this offseason will be slightly longer than usual due to extra expansion drafts happening at the SHL level before our draft happens, and as such no teams are rushing their scouting by any means. This is not a bad thing really; the more thorough the scouting process, the better things are for both teams and players once the end result has come to fruition. So since teams will take slightly longer to begin their processes of scouting, what will I do to work on my game before then? Well, the first plan is to change little about my regimen from what I learned from my coaches in Kelowna during this season. Training at a professional team is massively different from the junior level, and so I feel I must continue working at this level if I want to gain the consistency these higher level teams will be looking for. Hopefully teams will see this dedication and decide to take a chance on me, but we will have to see how things go really.

Code:
234 words

Code:
Task #14 - +3 TPE

It feels great to write that my team - the Kelowna Knights - won the Four Star Cup in what would be considered by most to be an overwhelming fashion. I'm sure there are some who believe the Knights win in this series was not their best work, however I think there are reasons to believe that the 4-1 series record was even closer than it likely could've - and should've - been. To begin, the shots were overwhelmingly in favour of Kelowna throughout the majority of the series. The only game Anchorage won was won with a 45-21 shot deficit for the Armada. Kelowna held onto the puck with their usual low tempo style and it paid massive dividends for them. Secondly, the goaltending settled into the series in relatively quick fashion. Kelowna's defensive frailties at times have been well documented, and conceding 7 goals in the first 2 wins did nothing to boost fans' confidence in this changing anytime soon. However, Anchorage only managed 2 goals in the final 3 games in what could realistically be seen as a coming-of-age for this backline long contested to be too offensively focused for their own good. And finally, an underrated thing that came up in the whole playoffs was clutch scoring from the lower lines. Satoru Gojō scored only 2 goals in his rookie playoff showings - however, they both came during the most clutch moments. One in Game 5 OT against Newfoundland, and one in Game 4 OT against Anchorage. Without these finishes, Kelowna might just fall short in a year where they looked destined to win it all. And, for a rookie to provide a spark at such an important time, it speaks volumes to how much this team truly wanted to break through and win the cup this time around.

Code:
303 words

Code:
Task #16: Finals Trivia - +3 TPE

Verification Code: cwisgreatamiright

Code:
Task #17: Milestones

1 Milestone Earned - +1 TPE

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

Task 1
PBE Affiliate +3
Task 2
Charity Free TPE +3
6 TPE

[Image: Oa8OpwNyDg-K2JwGMV_wCV9Yt4_2wZc5y5QPLUXn...authuser=0]

Task 1 - 3 free TPE

PBE Affiliate 3 TPE

Milestones! 3 TPE

Task 3 - 2 TPE

The Quebec Citadelles will be handing out commemorative Owl bobbleheads in celebration of our season and appearance in the SMJHL postseason! Each fan will be gifted one bobblehead and we will be hosting a special event with our mascot Hooters! Please take care to handle your bobblehead properly and secure it to your person, as Quebec will not be responsible for any damaged or lost merchandise after you have been given your bobbleheads; and you will not be given another one. Thank you so much to the fans for your support during this season, and we hope to run it back next season! Hoot Hoot Taburnak!

Task 9 - 2 TPE

This may be bias talking, but in my opinion the most thrilling series by far was the Quebec series entering the playoffs. After going down 2 - 0 against our opponents, we ran it back and reverse swept them! It was quite the accomplishment and I was certain that we were going to lose during that first couple of sims. Thankfully due to the great work of mister Ward and our very strong offense and defense we were able to turn it around and pull it out. The series was thrilling from start to finish and I think it was a great show for any hockey fan!

Task 8 - 3 TPE

Nor Dekes' rookie season was a story of highs and lows. I performed well enough, even setting 3 milestones that allowed me to claim 3 tpe on this very thread. I played well when I was in goal; and was a good enough teammate on the bench and in discord. I loved watching our starter tear up the league and I'm nervous to see him go. All in all, I was an immaculate rookie; I don't think my GMs have any complaints. My earning has been solid, only missing the Deep Dives and a single 3on3; and while my bank is now in the negative; I'm not too concerned. Money seems easy enough to come by and worse case scenario i can do a couple more pods or write an article. With all that being said, things could have definitely been better. Nor Dekes wasn't that great in goal and I blew several games due to poor performance. I definitely hope to see my build improvements pay dividends from here on out.

#1- thanks for what everyone does!

#3- For the great Colorado Raptors fans, for the next home game the first 500 fans to arrive will receive their very own mini Velociraptor!! That’s right due to wondrous technology you can have your very own pet raptor. Approximately 20-30 pounds these little raptors can fit right in with your household pet! Make sure to feed them plenty of salmon or beef jerky flavored pucks, their favorite nighttime snack! See the Colorado Raptors team store after the game to pick some up for only $999.99! Talk about a steal!! (Colorado RaptorsTM are not subject to any loss of limbs or life after leaving the arena)
(103 words)

#4- One of the important top center matchups in recent SMJHL history, Cian McFelter of the Kelowna Knights takes on Pablo Salvaticci of the Anchorage Armada. Both top point leaders in the entire league, their talent & execution on the ice in undeniable, however their pre game superstitions go far beyond the ice. McFelter ritually has a peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich at exactly 1 hour before game time, not one minute before or after. Meanwhile Salvaticci has been rotating the same pair of socks since the playoffs started. Word around the SMJHL is he’s acquired a new nickname from opponents, Salavastinky
(105 words)

#5- The Colorado Raptors have been an important contributor to charities nationwide. One new Charity has been recognized as an integral part of society moving forward, and Eric Tokke has been forthcoming in his intentions to support this charity. The DOBW Dismantling of Billionaires Worldwide is a revolutionary charity seeking to help those affected by the disparity of incomes and disenfranchised peoples of the world. As a young boy isolated on the tiny islands of Estonia, Eric was sheltered from the disparity between wealth classes and the atrocities of the world, now growing up as a young man he stands against anything that would be harmful for his future children’s future. More and more people become billionaires every year, and despite the worldwide pandemic where billions across the globe struggled to get by, 86% of billionaires got richer over the past year. In 1987, there were just 140 billionaires in the world, worth a combined $295 billion. There are now 2,755 billionaires, worth a combined $13.1 trillion. Accumulating this much wealth should be considered a mental health sickness, as it’s not physically possible to use that much money, while people around the world struggle to put food on their table. While the disparity of the rich and the poor has never been greater, Eric Tokke & the DOBW are doing whatever it can to spread the word and defund the billionaires.
(230 words)

#6- LW- Cole Carter
The top offensive game rating in the entire SMJHL with a 77, Carter translates his physical attributes (all 12 or higher) into an offensive machine. Finishing the season 1 point behind teammate Salvaticci for the league lead, & tying for the lead in assists with 46, Carter will set up this dream team to score plenty of goals.
RW- Gerry Atrick
With 9 different physical and offensive attributes at 13, Atrick is an extremely well rounded offensive powerhouse. One of only 10 players with a 70+ offensive game rating & second in points & goals on his championship winning Knights team he’s an integral part of this dream team.
C- Cian McFelter
Holding down the middle of the forward is two way center McFelter. While not the most elite defensively, he is far and away the best offensive two way Center in the finals. Finishing 2nd in the league in points while also possessing a 65 defensive game rating he’s a important fixture in the middle.
LD- Jean Locke Zidane
One of only 3 players in the league with over 200 hits, Zidane brings the physical presence needed on the blue line to backup the offensive firepower of the rest of the team.
RD- Robert Feltersnatch
The leading assist man for defensemen in the league with 38, Feltersnatch is the QB on the powerplay who racks up the assist totals.
G- Guy Fieri
Given the offensive firepower of this team I’m pretty sure they’d win without a goalie, but all that hair blinding the opponent sure can’t hurt.
(261 words)

#8- Given I’m brand new to the entire concept of a simulation league let alone one as great as the SHL, I have to say my first season went pretty well. Joining a couple of days before the SMJHL draft, I frantically tried to figure out what in the world I was doing. Luckily, I was drafted in the 3rd round by the Colorado Raptors, and sitting there watching the draft stream waiting to be picked I felt like a loser but then a winner all in one, quite a weird feeling. Anyway all I wanted for my first season was a chance to learn how the league works, & also have a small opportunity to get on the ice and see my player in action. I couldn’t have asked for a better environment to develop in, everyone in the locker room helping with my dumb newbie questions & getting some run on the 4th line. Even eventually being promoted to the 2nd penalty kill. After starting out with only 175 TPE keeping up with updates and upgrading my player was easier than I first assumed it would be, & now with over 300 and rising the bar is only getting higher! Next season I’d like to improve my overall game and especially physical abilities, ideally matching my attributes to massive frame, lay the boom down!
(225 words)

#10- Given the Raptors great regular season which saw them run away with the division crown, it was quite disappointing to not win a single playoff game despite a 1st round bye. Granted powerhouse Armada finished 2nd in the league in points so luck of the draw was not in the Raptors favor. However next season their is a lot to look forward to. 11 players finished with over 30 points, showcasing the all around depth and balance of the entire team. While as every season SMJHL teams must replace their top senior talent, Colorado fans should be excited about the rookie class that has been brought on board. Their top pick Gonzo Gobbledygook has lived up to his reputation of being a high draft pick being the top TPE acquirer in the class so far. Their 2nd pick Eric Tokke has developed a stout defensive game for such raw ability, putting his 6’6 244 lbs frame to good use. One of the steals of the entire draft was rookie Japanese goalie Senji Setiki. Going undrafted after getting no recognition from scouting departments across the globe, Setiki showed up for a local workout, amazed coaches and management with his skills and the day after he was signed to entry level contract. Sitting behind Yanno Rosejac one of the greatest goalies in SMJHL history he has some major shoes to fill. With a great mix of veteran leadership & young talent the Raptors are in great shape for the next seasons ahead.
(250 words)

#12- Extremely raw talent, first picked up a hockey stick at the age of 14. Must give time to develop and grow his game into as big as his body and frame are. 6’6 244 pounds. Not quick or agile, but for a player his size those attributes are above average. Given time to develop his skating ability & strength will improve. Well rounded game for a player of his inexperience. Shows great defensive abilities and awareness at such a raw stage of development. Willing to “do the dirty work” along the boards and in front of the net. Shows great aggressiveness and Stands up for teammates (led team in total fights as a rookie). With proper mentor ship and developmental stability can become an elite defensive checking winger at the SHL level. Probably won’t ever lead the league or team in scoring, but can develop into an ideal 3rd or 4th line checking forward.
(154 words)

#16- Trivia verification word= boom

#17- https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3049571

Quote:Task #1 - 3 TPE

Because of all of your efforts during the S59 Charity Drive, HO has fully comped one of the CW tasks. That means you can claim the 3 TPE from this first tsk, without any effort at all.

Done! Thank you! 

+3 TPE

Quote:Task #3 - 2 TPE
Requirements:
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

If I had to design a product to give out to the fans of the St. Louis Scarecrows, I would hand out rally towels in the different color schemes of our jerseys. Of course, I would do our typical home colors, but I would also want to design other color schemes, and perhaps even introduce different logos or whatnot on the towels. Whether it be Away, where white is the predominant color, or it is an alternate, which is a whole other discussion, I would keep the logo the same. But, designing other logos and branding also sounds like something that the fans would enjoy. Overall, they would appreciate shaking those things around when we beat our opponents!

+2 TPE

Quote:Task #5 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

During the offseason thus far, Ayerzov has participated in several volunteer activities to give back to the city of St. Louis and the state of Missouri in general. He joined a group of athletes from other leagues (such as the Coyotes from the ISFL and the Hepcats from the PBE) to raise awareness for social injustice and racial prejudice. They created an equal opportunity foundation that created scholarships and jobs for those who are in the most need and can use them to guide them to successful career paths. With that, he has also spoken to communities about motivation, while telling his story of escaping Belarus in order to get the best opportunity that he can. Overall, he has done lots of work for those in need, and hopefully, he reached out to his community enough so everyone can work together for the common good. Good on him for his work!

+3 TPE

Quote:Task #8 - 3 TPE

Well, I had no real expectations heading into the league, I just wanted to do as successful as I possibly could. And you know what, I think I did alright for the number of numbers I got. In the games I played, I locked up 7 goals, 10 assists, 45 hits, and 60 blocks, which are all decent numbers for a rookie of my TPE, and apparently, it's a lot of blocks too! It certainly isn't an amount that would take me to win hardware, or making me an All-Star, or anything like that, but I believe it's a great foundation for what is to come in the future. At this point, I just gotta keep trusting the process: Earning TPE, keep updating, keep scoring, keep going up and up. It's all up to the GMs in the pros to dictate what I gotta do now, and I am ready for the draft to come up! 

+3 TPE

Quote:Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S60 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

At the end of the Juniors season, it becomes an exciting time for pro scouts to narrow down their top choices for their respective teams. This is a spotlight of one of the better prospects coming out of this draft, Nikolai Ayerzov. Odd names aside, the Belarusian stands at 6 feet, 2 inches, and 208 pounds, built like a bowling ball. Drafted 14th overall by the St. Louis Scarecrows, Ayerzov has shown to be a bright prospect and has been a great player in the 3rd or 4th line. As a right winger, he has done some great things already, as he racked up 7 goals and 10 assists, overall 17 points, and has done some decent work on both the offensive side of the puck and the defensive side of the puck, racking up 45 hits and 60 blocks. With this well rounded prospect, teams will surely be happy snagging him as a late 1st round option, or an early 2nd round option. 

+3 TPE

Quote:Task #17 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE

Milestone Thread 

+3 TPE

16/16 TPE Claimed

[Image: 8hp3ACT.png]

#5- The Colorado Raptors have been an important contributor to charities nationwide. One new Charity has been recognized as an integral part of society moving forward, and Eric Tokke has been forthcoming in his intentions to support this charity. The DOBW Dismantling of Billionaires Worldwide is a revolutionary charity seeking to help those affected by the disparity of incomes and disenfranchised peoples of the world. As a young boy isolated on the tiny islands of Estonia, Eric was sheltered from the disparity between wealth classes and the atrocities of the world, now growing up as a young man he stands against anything that would be harmful for his future children’s future. More and more people become billionaires every year, and despite the worldwide pandemic where billions across the globe struggled to get by, 86% of billionaires got richer over the past year. In 1987, there were just 140 billionaires in the world, worth a combined $295 billion. There are now 2,755 billionaires, worth a combined $13.1 trillion. Accumulating this much wealth should be considered a mental health sickness, as it’s not physically possible to use that much money, while people around the world struggle to put food on their table. While the disparity of the rich and the poor has never been greater, Eric Tokke & the DOBW are doing whatever it can to spread the word and defund the billionaires.
(230 words)

This charity fucking slaps

[Image: banes.png]

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE

Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE
Requirements:

The Anchorage Armada gave away foam anchors during their series with the Kelowna Knights during the SMJHL Four Star Cup Finals this season. They were waved around between whistles and during play in order to build support for the Armada, since their logo and mascot is a boat, so it kinda makes sense. They thought about doing foam fingers, but it has been massively overdone, so they settled on the anchor, which is a great idea in my opinion. The Armada ended up falling in the finals, but put up a valiant effort, and a lot of the reason why they made it that far was the foam anchors.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE

Mikhail Novikov’s first season in the SMJHL was a relatively uneventful one. Despite playing some time on the second line of the Armada and luckily getting some special teams time, at a general look, for a second round pick it was a good season. But for Novikov’s personal standard, it was a season of growing and learning how to adjust to the smaller, North American ice. Coming into next season, Novikov has a lot to work on, especially going on into the SHL draft this offseason. With Novikov’s second season in the SMJHL, he looks to improve on pretty much every aspect of his game, including offensive (obviously) but also growing as a defensive player and becoming a better, more rounded player at both sides of the ice. I think that’s the key to make Novikov a really high impact player in the SMJHL and a major player in the Armada winning the Four Star Cup.

Code:
Task #14 - Latecomer Special - 2-3 TPE
So I see you waited until the end of the finals to complete your tasks! Well congrats to [TEAM] on winning the Four-Star! Reflecting back on the series, what were the keys to [TEAM] taking the finals? Name 3 key points that resulted in the series playing out the way it did.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 100+ words for 2 TPE, 150+ for 3 TPE.

The Kelowna Knights did a phenomenal job in winning the Four Star cup this season. I think that the three major keys for the Knights getting to the finals are the following:
Phenomenal management to make a really well rounded and super strong team at both ends of the ice. It’s important because Kelowna from bottom to top was stacked. Every line could go out in any situation and be an effective threat.
The emergence of Vlatislav Malik as a dominant threat, going over point per game in the playoffs is really impressive and did a great job of being a dominant force in Kelowna winning the cup.
The goaltending of Valterri Aalto was a great carry, as he put up a very respectable 0.904 in the playoffs to secure the Knights’ Four Star Cup victory. It was a great goaltending performance and with a really great defense, it was hard to beat Aalto.

Code:
Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.

ligma

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3044863 (+2)

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2021, 11:14 PM by CheerfulBender20.)

Task #1 - 3 TPE - S59 Charity Drive
You guys freaking rock!

Task #3 - 2 TPE - Fan Appreciation Day

Mainers are a practical people, and as such, our stadium gift for Fan Appreciation Day is a no-brainer - a Maine Timber branded beer koozie.  Moreover, thanks to some slight, one-hundred percent imperceptible stock damage, we were able to secure YETI branded product for the give-away.  That means stainless steel, baby!  

Designed for twelve ounce beer cans, our branded koozie is designed with home uniform colors, the crossed axes emblazoned above the YETI logo.  “Founded in Halifax” is engraved on the bottom of the can,  an homage to the Timber's past.  Maine’s championship seasons - twenty-six and thirty - are engraved on either side of the can’s rim.  The gift will be given for the first home game of season sixty.  Go Trees!

Task #8 - 3 TPE - Rookie Season Evaluation

As outlined in a previous post, a crippling video game addiction hampered my ability to contribute at the start of the season.  Consequently, I started the year on rocky footing, making a fool out of both myself and Starfleet.  As the year progressed, however, I overcame my addiction and focused more intently on my training.  I became more comfortable with the thread based nature of the league, and as a result, improved gradually in the most important area of a fourth liner’s game - defensive responsibility.  I entered the playoffs with a simple goal: bring some energy to the team as a role-player who could provide secondary scoring.  I would like to think I played a small role in our round one victory over the outlaws, netting the game winner in the third tilt of the series.  For next season, I would like to improve my skating ability while also continuing my defensive improvements.  With positioning, stick-checking, and defensive read ratings of eleven, I am on my way to becoming a two-way forward who can contribute in both the offensive and defensive zones. 

Task #9 - 2 TPE - Most Thrilling Playoff Series

Like the great Jack Edwards, I am an incorrigible homer incapable of appreciating the accomplishments and abilities of other teams.  Unsurprisingly, I found the Timber’s round one victory over the Anaheim Outlaws to be the most thrilling series of the playoffs.  Shamefully, this series marked the first time I watched a stream in full, and boy did it not disappoint.  The Trees swept an Anaheim team with red hot goaltending, dancing with Ke$ha to playoff glory.  In addition, watching the stream revealed that Anaheim’s goal song is Marty Robbins’s “Big Iron,”  which is prominently featured in Fallout New Vegas.  This was a surefire sign from the hockey gods that the SHL is where I am supposed to be.

Task #11 - 3 TPE - Offseason Plans 

I have one word for you dear reader - Risa.  What better way to recuperate from a playoff loss than visiting the jewel of the Risian Hedony, a veritable paradise with pristine beaches, perfect weather, and…friendly…locals.  This guy will be soaking up the sun for two weeks, sipping drinks under Risa’s dual moonlight, a zephyr breeze lulling me to sleep.  Have no fear!  Unlike Picard, I will not be wasting my time on an archaeological dig or some other bullshit.  This trip is all about rest and relaxation.

I cannot spend the entire offseason drinking, however.  After my brief stay on Risa, I will utilize the Enterprise’s state of the art Holodeck to train with the game’s all time greats.  I’m taking fighting technique with Gordie Howe; suicides with the Miracle on Ice squad; the key card to Gretzky’s office.  The only drawback?  There is a non-zero chance Professor James Moriarty escapes the Holodeck, plunging the SHL into chaos.

[Image: 22HFBQB.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2021, 09:14 PM by lmcm86.)

Task #1 (3 TPE)- Thank you everyone for another great season!

Task #3 (2 TPE)- On opening night at Detroit's stadium next season, the team will be handing out complementary WET JEANS bobbleheads to celebrate its first offseason pickup. Jeans will be hanging out rink side after the game to sign autographs and take pictures with fans.

Task #5 (3 TPE)- A very important part of being a Detroit Falcon is giving back to the less fortunate. Wet Jeans and a few of the other young players on the Falcons recently volunteered at the children's hospital in Detroit. They hung around with the kids and took pictures, signed autographs, played video games and each made generous donations to support the hospital and the kids. Some of the kids say they look forward to nothing more than tuning into a Falcons game. We don't see it this way ourselves, but these kids really need people to look up to and they truly look at us as heroes. It makes us feel great to see the kids smile and have a good time even considering the inopportune situations some of them are dealing with. While they look up to us we truly look up to them for always being positive and in good spirits despite the hardships they go through in their lives.
Another thing Jeans and the Falcons have been getting into is hosting roller hockey events to raise some money for cancer research. Events like these are so great because it truly is a win-win scenario for everyone involved. All of the people involved pay a little bit of money to enjoy a fun filled day playing games, eating some good food and maybe throwing back a few beers.

Task #8 (3 TPE)- I fell way short of my own personal expectations in my rookie year. While Nevada is a rebuilding team and the whole team played poorly all year, I expected to put up way more points than had. Playing on the second line and getting about 13 minutes of ice time per game, i expected to maybe get around 30-35 points at LEAST. I ended up putting up 21 for the whole year. My buddy Latrell on Anchorage put up over 40 and our attributes are very similar. This was just a classic example of a fluke year in my opinion- Jeans is gonna take a large step forward with Detroit this year as long as he earns a top 6 spot in the lineup. 40 points minimum is my expectations for Jeans this year. He'll be racking up plenty of TPE over the offseason and will show up game 1 looking like a groomed veteran. 
How he plans on improving is by working on his offensive categories heavily. Jeans had a solid and balanced build to begin the year but it didn't make him anything special on the ice. While he was actually pretty decent at not turning the puck over compared to the other Battleborn, his puck moving and shooting skills looked very underdeveloped Jeans is anticipating double the amount of points he had last season. Expectations are very high. 

Task #16 (3 TPE)- Verification Word: Acuna

Task #17 (1 TPE)- Milestones: Takeaways (16) https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3049898

TOTAL TPE = 15

[Image: draft-43-overall.gif]

Task 1: +3 TPE
Task 17: +3 TPE
Task 16: +3 TPE Verification Word: yeet

Task 3: +2 TPE
For the finals the Anchorage Armada decided to give away special vuvuzelas for the first home game of the SMJHL Finals. You may ask why they chose such an obscure and outdated fan giveaway, but the real reason is that the world shadow government has been trying for years to finally get rid of more of these awful horns, and are using the SMJHL as a way to get rid of more. SMJHL HO is involved in this grand conspiracy to finally get rid of the last of the millions of vuvuzelas from the 2010 FIFA World Cup that created such an awful trend.

Task 4: +2 TPE
Cole Carter is inarguably the JODAN of the SMJHL. We all know its true, however the Kelowna Knights have their own growing social media legend in #A-Rye Izzy. Both are two of the most boisterous young players in the world and have made their names known from a young age. Both hail from great SHL families and have been known products from a young age with Cole's father, Cameron, being among the best players in the late S40s and early S50s before the major shift in playstyle for the league. #A-Rye has been known since he was born to legendary Dragon, Mike Izzy. I think based on starting age of both of these loud players #A-Rye is the better presence on social media, however only time will tell.

Task 6: +3 TPE
Forwards:
Cian McFelter Kelowna
McFelter was among the top forwards in the J in this past year, finishing with 68 points in 66 games. You'd be hard pressed to find many other forwards like him in the league and being able to have him on a team like this makes too much sense.

Pablo Salvatici Anchorage
Pablo lead the league in points last season so being able to have him with McFelter is an offensive coach's dream. These two together is sure to produce a lot of goals with the right player with them to be the glue.

Alf Magnusson Anchorage
Alf is the perfect glue player for a line with two dynamo offensive players. Simply plant him in front of the goalie and you are going to score a lot of goals with him screening.

Defenseman:
Gregory Goode Anchorage
Goode was the best defenseman in the league last season as he put up 55 points, leading all defenseman and scoring 20 goals. With the forwards ahead of him he could score even more.

Grandmaster Funk Kelowna
With all of this offensive firepower we'll need a good stay at home guy to hold it all together on the back end, so I've gone with Funk. He led either team in shot blocks and that kind of defense will be nice to have.

Goalie:
Valtteri Aalto Kelowna
The goalies for these two teams are fairly well rounded so I went with the one with slightly better stats this season.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]