Create Account

Championship week / milestones

Is it possible to make this more of a convoluted mess? I mean jesus christ what am I even reading here? Not picking on the PT team, but this claiming policy is an unnecessary nightmare. There's so many if:then statements that I'm gonna put it in Code.

Code:
S59 SMJHL Milestones

SMJHL rookies AND send-downs are to use this milestone claim for regular season stats only. Playoff stats do not count toward milestones (with the exception of team trophies). DFAs (S61 SHL class) CANNOT claim these milestones.

NOTE:
This season, Milestones TPE is being rolled into Championship Week. This means you can't claim these milestones directly in your update thread, but you need to link them in your Championship Week post and wait for the PT claim.

-For all SMJHL ROOKIES each milestone is worth 1 TPE and there is a maximum of 3 Championship Week TPE, to be posted in your SMJHL Championship Week thread.

-For all Send Downs each milestone is worth 1 TPE and there is a maximum of 3 championship week TPE, to be posted in your SHL (NOT SMJHL) Championship Week thread.

Position is based on what your player is listed as in the index.

Post your claims in this thread, and then:
- If you're a rookie, link your own post in your SMJHL CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK POST
- If you're a send down, link your own post in your SHL (NOT SMJHL) CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK POST
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 06:42 PM by SlashACM.)

I mean it seems pretty straightforward, you post which milestones you got, link to that post in your CW. Once CW claim goes up you can claim the tpe (your milestones included in that)

I suppose you could cut out the middleman and post your milestones in the actual CW thread but either way isn't really a hassle

Edit: I don't know why they stated that send downs and rookies each get 1 tpe per milestone, that couldve been one sentence really.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I wonder how much of these concerns are tied to the SHL PT Head resigning suddenly, and 2-3 other people having to pinch hit and jump in

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

05-31-2021, 06:41 PMSlashACM Wrote: I mean it seems pretty straightforward, you post which milestones you got, link to that post in your CW. Once CW claim goes up you can claim the tpe (your milestones included in that)

I suppose you could cut out the middleman and post your milestones in the actual CW thread but either way isn't really a hassle

Edit: I don't know why they stated that send downs and rookies each get 1 tpe per milestone, that couldve been one sentence really.

Why not just link directly to your milestone post and detach it from CW?

05-31-2021, 06:46 PMhhh81 Wrote: I wonder how much of these concerns are tied to the SHL PT Head resigning suddenly, and 2-3 other people having to pinch hit and jump in

I didn't know that happened

05-31-2021, 07:39 PMGifter of Bikes Wrote:
05-31-2021, 06:46 PMhhh81 Wrote: I wonder how much of these concerns are tied to the SHL PT Head resigning suddenly, and 2-3 other people having to pinch hit and jump in

Not sure why HHH posted this, as this is from the SMJHL milestones. Though on the topic of why posting in 2 different places, Its honestly because its what its always been before we switched having milestones apart of the CW. Ill talk to the PT team about if it even makes it easier for them to grade. or next season it can get posted in the CW directly

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

thbe milketones sheet (forgive, i am drunk) says how many you have earned, why even make a claim thread to begin with?

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

you MONSTER

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

05-31-2021, 10:04 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
05-31-2021, 07:39 PMGifter of Bikes Wrote: I didn't know that happened

you MONSTER

It's very difficult to keep up to speed in this league - unless you're on discord, I assume. The PT writeup I put in the OP is a microcosm of a bigger issue, imo: the site has a lot of unnecessary clutter and needs a good spring cleaning and streamlining.

05-31-2021, 10:11 PMGifter of Bikes Wrote:
05-31-2021, 10:04 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: you MONSTER

It's very difficult to keep up to speed in this league - unless you're on discord, I assume. The PT writeup I put in the OP is a microcosm of a bigger issue, imo: the site has a lot of unnecessary clutter and needs a good spring cleaning and streamlining.

If you got good suggestions put them in suggestion box or dm me, I’d love to hear them. Sometimes I get too into the weeds or been to use to things that I can’t see a more efficient way/less cluttered way

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

05-31-2021, 10:16 PMluketd Wrote:
05-31-2021, 10:11 PMGifter of Bikes Wrote: It's very difficult to keep up to speed in this league - unless you're on discord, I assume. The PT writeup I put in the OP is a microcosm of a bigger issue, imo: the site has a lot of unnecessary clutter and needs a good spring cleaning and streamlining.

If you got good suggestions put them in suggestion box or dm me, I’d love to hear them. Sometimes I get too into the weeds or been to use to things that I can’t see a more efficient way/less cluttered way

Echoing this 100%, if anyone ever has suggestions our DMs are always open

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

05-31-2021, 10:16 PMluketd Wrote:
05-31-2021, 10:11 PMGifter of Bikes Wrote: It's very difficult to keep up to speed in this league - unless you're on discord, I assume. The PT writeup I put in the OP is a microcosm of a bigger issue, imo: the site has a lot of unnecessary clutter and needs a good spring cleaning and streamlining.

your silence is deafeninhg

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

I didn't either.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

05-31-2021, 07:37 PMGifter of Bikes Wrote:
05-31-2021, 06:41 PMSlashACM Wrote: I mean it seems pretty straightforward, you post which milestones you got, link to that post in your CW. Once CW claim goes up you can claim the tpe (your milestones included in that)

Why not just link directly to your milestone post and detach it from CW?
We had that before. We changed to this so it is less a matter of good players on good teams being rewarded, because having more milestones just means they get to do slightly less work on CW instead of getting a straight TPE edge.

05-31-2021, 10:11 PMGifter of Bikes Wrote:
05-31-2021, 10:04 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: you MONSTER

If you have suggestions on how we could streamline SMJHL PTs / PT team more, send me a DM. 

When we grade CW I'll see how much easier/harder it would've been on us to  cut out the middleman, and just have people straight up claim their milestones in the CW thread.

An issue I see upfront is that currently we can check all milestone claims at once and OK them before doing the CW grading. Saves us a fuck ton of time on grading and means we can keep the milestones process we've always had (with the exception that previously the milestones TPE was claimed directly, and it now has to be claimed in the CW thread).
It could maybe be solved by having the milestones claimed through a Google form, or in another way.