Create Account

Kelowna Knights are your S59 SMJHL Champions GM AMA
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 03:39 PM by trashae.)

Thank you everyone for a phenomenal season and especially Anchorage for a great finals between divisional rivals.  I am co-GM of the Kelowna Knights and in true SHL fashion this season was not without controversy.  Ask me anything!

06-02-2021, 12:44 PMMutedfaith Wrote: Surely this will end well.
That's the hope! Can't promise people won't end up irritated, but worst case scenario I'm here to have an open dialogue.

06-02-2021, 12:45 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
Knights  Heart  Knights  Heart  Knights  Heart
#Killowna
My official response here is YAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS

06-02-2021, 01:15 PMAgentSmith630 Wrote: Why is S55 the best class in the SHL?
I mean it's no question right? An absolute stud of a class, especially from the new create side. Off-hand I can think of 4 or 5 people that are in GM positions already, and a litany of other roles from simmer, to updater, and even some time in HO. The entire class has been incredibly involved from the start and continues to have a ton of high earners. There are already 25 players over 1k TPE from S55. That matches S54's total and Slate at the top of the class would almost crack the top 10 for S54. S55 class the best55 class.

06-02-2021, 01:23 PMmastersheep Wrote: Congrats @trashae and the Knights org! First time in the FHM era and I'm so happy you guys got over the hump. What's next for you guys as you head into the offseason?
We've felt like our championship window has been open for a bit now and this season was our best shot at winning. Really happy we were able to get the job done, but now with the call-ups and age-outs looming large we've got a lot of picks in the upcoming draft to restock and reload for the future.

06-02-2021, 01:35 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Good series @anchorage
You guys are an awesome team Armada
GO KNIGHTS! Ok seriously, unless you have a question next post I'm just gonna leave it be smh.

06-02-2021, 01:36 PMByrdeMan Wrote: Live look at the celebrations in the LR of Kelowna
Certainly I understand the perception from the outside that our LR may be like that and I would 100% love to post a SS of our LR to disprove you, but I won't do that to the team after a recent bout of people sharing screenshots led us to create a team only channel. Being a part of the team the perception from the outside isn't what we are with the amount of activity and engagement we have in the LR.

06-02-2021, 01:36 PMboom Wrote: Great job! How did your trade deadline acquisitions help put the team over the top?
Thank you! Between the two I don't think Danger really put us over the edge in terms of his impact. He added ~50 TPE to our 4th line which was absolutely nice to have, but going from 296 to 350 at the bottom of the depth chart where he played less than 9 minutes a game in the playoffs is all that huge. Funk definitely had the larger impact taking us from... shit I want to say Ford is low 200's to a 425 dman gave us a lot of flexibility with our pairings and special teams to keep the defense fresh and avoid fitness issues potentially carrying over from game to game in the playoffs. Even still though Funk ended the playoffs with 6 points and was our only dman under 10 for the playoffs so not a massive impact, but I think it was enough to take us from "should win" to "heavy favorite."

06-02-2021, 03:07 PMbdu754 Wrote: any tips for steak seasoning
I almost exclusively cook ribeyes that are a good 1.5-2" thick so definitely don't follow my advice for a more delicate/ thinner cut. That being said I am a firm believer in keeping it simple. Let the meat sit out until it is room temperature and let it sit in some salt, pepper, and Worcestershire. The key thing is to gently press the salt and pepper into the meat when you're doing it so the sauce doesn't just wash it all off. Beyond that take the amount of salt you think you need and then do it again. Particularly for the thicker cuts of meat you need enough for the entire steak and not just the surface.

06-02-2021, 03:12 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: Thank god we won in S57 or these back to back finals losses would drive me insane lol

No question to ask but grats Kelowna. As frustrating as it is to go into a series with the odds of winning being seemingly impossible (test sims looked absolutely horrendous on my end lmao), I respect the good team building it takes to get a team to the level of Kelowna this season or Quebec last season.
Thank you, and tbh if we hadn't done it this season with our call-ups I would have been in the same boat. This was our peak season and now we get to have fun drafting again which I'm personally excited for. (Also yeah.... our tests were similar, but can't take anything for granted. I was super nervous after y'alls victory and Fieri gaining heat).

06-02-2021, 03:14 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: do you know of any interesting factoids that might help me stir up some drama
Hmmm well idk how much drama it will stir up, but with BUF's loss to TEX just now I'd like to remind everyone that the Bills once went to 4 straight Superbowls and lost all of them. I for one appreciate the team's dedication to basing themselves in reality and the work they're putting in to do the same thing. EDIT: also congrats to TEX! S59 Champions!

06-02-2021, 03:24 PMleafs1997 Wrote: No questions here. Just a big thank you for doing such a great job in KEL. We got it done!

#Killowna
Sheesh people and saying no questions... well TOO BAD! I'm still gonna respond and say thank you for being a member of the team. NOLA is getting an absolute stud next season.

ps. WE FUDGING DID IT

Note: I am going to leave this open for at least 24 hours and won't be the fastest on response times because work, but I promise I will get to every question asked.

Surely this will end well.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 12:46 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: image0.jpg]

Knights  Heart  Knights  Heart  Knights  Heart

#Killowna

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Why is S55 the best class in the SHL?

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Congrats @trashae and the Knights org! First time in the FHM era and I'm so happy you guys got over the hump. What's next for you guys as you head into the offseason?

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Good series @anchorage
You guys are an awesome team  Armada

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

[Image: Locker-rooms-interior.jpg]

Live look at the celebrations in the LR of Kelowna

[Image: 336.jpg]

Great job! How did your trade deadline acquisitions help put the team over the top?

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

any tips for steak seasoning

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

06-02-2021, 01:35 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Good series @anchorage
You guys are an awesome team  Armada

Thank god we won in S57 or these back to back finals losses would drive me insane lol

No question to ask but grats Kelowna. As frustrating as it is to go into a series with the odds of winning being seemingly impossible (test sims looked absolutely horrendous on my end lmao), I respect the good team building it takes to get a team to the level of Kelowna this season or Quebec last season.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

do you know of any interesting factoids that might help me stir up some drama

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

No questions here. Just a big thank you for doing such a great job in KEL. We got it done!

#Killowna

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

Always been against Kelowna as either a Whaler or Raptor. But happy to see you win the 4-Star @trashae. Always been a pleasure to share a LR with you and couldn't have happened to a better guy. Next stop, BAPCUP!

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Does this mean I'll get drafted now?

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 04:34 AM by Katth.)

Congrats to you, @Naosu and the team. I’m glad you guys were able to get it done while I couldn’t :D

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]