Create Account

The Brave One Retires

I'll start this post with a bit of trivia. "Tegernakô" means "The Brave One" in old Gaelic. Not only was this surname chosen for my favorite Eluveitie song, but also, it was foreshadowing my career in more ways than I had anticipated...

I still remember the day I signed up on this site. It was almost 2 years ago, when I was preparing for an out-of-town weekend. Did it on a whim. The response I had for creating a goalie after the draft was almost too good to be true - I had 6/10 SMJHL teams in my PMs, asking me to sign for them. When I decided to accept the Lethbridge Lions' offer in Season 49, I had no idea how much my life would change in the next years.

@JNH @SDCore @Carpy48 I cannot overstate how crucial you three were to my implication on the site, and you shaped my career for the better. Thank you for taking a chance on Teg, and relying on him as a starter for three seasons. Sad that I couldn't bring a Four-Star to Lethbridge, but thankfully, I was still implicated in scouting and coaching by the time our franchise finally got their Cup. I'm repeating myself, but the LR you built in NL is the reason why many of our players go on to have fantastic careers in the SHL. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you, friends.

@Segi @esilverm @chetib Thank you for the warm welcome in Switzerland when I was just a green recruit, and thank you for the pointers on my build! You might not know, but the fact that you took me under your wings at first gave me the chance to start looking at GMing, first with STHS (I'm fairly certain @UrsinZ got the same "itch" created when we managed DACH together - good times ^^), and now with FHM in the big leagues. Your positivity and calm demeanor was a boon, and has helped me in more ways than I can think of. Thank you.

@SpartanGibbles @BadWolf @fever95 @Mutedfaith @Shmurph @Leppish - MINNYYYYYYYYY! Thank you for keeping your head held up high through the multiple tempests we've been through together, and for the council when we embarked on the long journey to a full rebuild. Will always cherish the times as your goalie, even if I couldn't lead you to the promised land. Go Chiefs Go! LET THE MONARCHS REIGN!

It is unfortunate, however, that the goalie position isn't as impactful as I would have hoped. I imagined that by the time I was closing in on 2k TPE, that I'd be able to help carry the team to new heights... but it never happened.
So while I'm not putting an end to my SHL days, I will not be re-creating as a goalie. I will eventually post a press conference in the Media section, if you wish to ask me why exactly, I'll be happy to answer.

In conclusion... Markus Tegernako is now retiring, playing one more season, and then taking over as Head Coach of the Minnesota Monarchs (at least, in my head cannon.) Now, should I not qualify for the playoffs next season, would it be safe to assume I'm the only player in SHL history to reach 2k TPE and not play a single playoff game? Hmm

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

End of an era  Cry

Godspeed to Tegernako in retirement, cheers to the recreate Kluster Smile

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Absolute legend, great career and look forward to your next player!

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

I hope Tegernako will enjoy his retirement and may your recreate see the success Tegernako should have enjoyed!

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Oh goalie, my goalie.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Lots of good memories. It's so weird to see you retire before me, but luckily you'll stay in the league and aren't gone.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Enjoy the golf mate! And let's hope your next player gets the succes you deserve!

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

_/ _/ _/

Gonna be weird seeing a different goalie in Minny.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

End of an era
_/_/_/

[Image: bloomfield.png]
[Image: NEW_Team_final.png][img=0x280]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/789216032630898779/789216043259265024/unknown.png?width=1103&height=613[/img]

swiss legend, hope we can get you a medal for that last ride brother

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 06:59 PM by charlieconway.)

woah

Congrats on making the undisputed best goalie of the S50 draft class, and good luck with the new player!

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

rrrzoo

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

king

Sad

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Really underrated netminder, always had Calgary’s number.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria