Create Account

Cal Gets His Shit Together

06-06-2021, 12:18 PMDELIRIVM Wrote: Imagine only having to drop 17lbs. You got this Cal! Haha.
You don't have to. You get to. Take the opportunity to improve, you aren't forced. You should be ecstatic to have the awareness to a desire to change and follow that. You already know how to do it, it's the best thing.

I love this, I love it so much when people see or listen to something inside, follow it, and it works. You can loose the exact # of pounds you want, or whatever your goal is. Turn whatever your situation is upside down, completely its head. Do it while being happy to have the chance! It'll be a good time, but I shouldn't have to tell you.

There are things you come across that get you to do or act how you wanted already. An experience, reading, or seeing something. There's a combination of images or words that unlocks you. Or it like sews something up in you and yeah. Yo what hte fuck.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

good for you guys, i went through this a few years ago and made some long lasting lifestyle changes that really have helped me both physically and mentally over the last few years. Hope the same can happen for you all.

06-09-2021, 07:23 AMgolden_apricot Wrote: good for you guys, i went through this a few years ago and made some long lasting lifestyle changes that really have helped me both physically and mentally over the last few years. Hope the same can happen for you all.

So like, you ripped or what?

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Your diet will very much have an effect on how much weight you can lose. You can't out run a poor diet.

Check out a TDEE calculator and see what your fat loss calorie intake should be at, then download myfitnesspal and put all your food for the day into it.

Cut sugar out too.

This is all advice that you may or may not already be doing, so if you're already doing it, just disregard what I'm saying.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

06-09-2021, 11:13 AMtakethehorizon Wrote:
06-09-2021, 07:23 AMgolden_apricot Wrote: good for you guys, i went through this a few years ago and made some long lasting lifestyle changes that really have helped me both physically and mentally over the last few years. Hope the same can happen for you all.

So like, you ripped or what?

Tried that, eating nothing while lifting was not fun so I stopped, chilling at around 18-20% BF and Ill let it come down over time if i choose to

06-09-2021, 12:31 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:
06-09-2021, 11:13 AMtakethehorizon Wrote: So like, you ripped or what?

Tried that, eating nothing while lifting was not fun so I stopped, chilling at around 18-20% BF and Ill let it come down over time if i choose to

That's super solid. Around 20% is my goal too. I'm working on balancing losing weight and gaining muscle. Which is difficult cause you need to eat to grow your muscles but at the same time if you eat too much then you're no longer in a caloric deficit therefore maintaining - not losing weight. My BMI is 28% and it's all in my stomach, which takes so long to burn off. I'm keeping up with it though and not trying to get discouraged when I don't see frequent improvements. 

SHL should have a Workout group, maybe a discord channel to keep fellow SHLers motivated and on the right path. Could be a good resource for information regarding exercises and diet as well.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

06-09-2021, 12:39 PMtakethehorizon Wrote:
06-09-2021, 12:31 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: Tried that, eating nothing while lifting was not fun so I stopped, chilling at around 18-20% BF and Ill let it come down over time if i choose to

That's super solid. Around 20% is my goal too. I'm working on balancing losing weight and gaining muscle. Which is difficult cause you need to eat to grow your muscles but at the same time if you eat too much then you're no longer in a caloric deficit therefore maintaining - not losing weight. My BMI is 28% and it's all in my stomach, which takes so long to burn off. I'm keeping up with it though and not trying to get discouraged when I don't see frequent improvements. 

SHL should have a Workout group, maybe a discord channel to keep fellow SHLers motivated and on the right path. Could be a good resource for information regarding exercises and diet as well.

it is a balance, personally id focus on strength rather than muscle. Seeing a number go up is a lot easier to quantify and you 100% gain lean mass when you focus on strength (bone density and muscle). Recovery is always going to be an issue in a calorie deficit and that part always sucks.

Id join if someone made it for people wanting to talk that stuff.

I’d contribute to a workout channel

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

06-09-2021, 02:19 PMSimply Incorrect Wrote: I’d contribute to a workout channel

Same

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

This is the motivation I need to get into the gym and back into shape. I’ve been out of it for way too long

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Time to make a general workout thread?

[Image: PXL_20210610_011521826.jpg]

[Image: PXL_20210610_001342953.jpg]

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

General workout thread would be dope

[Image: 3.png]