Create Account

Expansion Mock Draft

Well i know nothing but i like free money so i am making this. also this is fucking 32 picks so hopefully i atleast get a few selections right

ROUND 1: 

Philly Pick 1: Steelhawks S54: D Bork Lazer - 1399 Steelhawks

Frick is a great user in many different leagues and someone who is 100% deserving of the #1 pick; Hamilton obviously suffers from having too much talent to protect; meaning a crazy good user in Frick ends up being left unprotected; he is 7th in his class in TPE; and has many years til he regresses; Only reason this might not happen is cause i remember that Frick and Ass had a few difficulties in Colorodo in the ISFL; but i was not sure if that was a meme or not; but either way Frick going 1oa makes too much sense not to happen

Montreal Pick 1: Stars  S53: F Taylor Johansson - 1393 Stars

Maybe a slightly surprising pick; but I think Montreal will want to prioritize getting a Strong Offensive base; with Taylor Johansson being a strong Center with a few years til regression, maybe not a max max earner but good enough to help lead the line for years to come

ROUND 2: 

Montreal Pick 2: Steelhawks S51: D Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. - 1803 Steelhawks

And with that Hamilton is off the board; Someone who i would not be shocked going 1 or 2; Ibrah will make a huge impact on the new Montreal Team which now boasts a stupid good defense right away with a max earning player with many years before regression really hurts him

Philly Pick 2:  Barracuda S54: F Justin Keahi - 1276  Barracuda

Maybe not a max max earner; but at his TPE level he will be a great piece for the philly offense for years to come; and can instantly make an impact for this team and has many years til he hits regression at all; an amazing pick for a young philly offense

ROUND 3: 

Philly Pick 3: Argonauts  S51: D Abel Skinner - 1633 :argonauts:

A very solid piece to pair with Bork Lazer in the new defense for Philly; and while a year way from regression might hurt slightly Skinner will be able to be a great defensive anchor for years to come

Montreal Pick 3: Stars S50: F First-Name Last-Name - 1530 Stars

Toronto is now off the board; with the 2nd player taken hear; First Name Last Name is a great snag and will be able to help Montreal start off strong offensively. With 1500+ tpe going into regression; He should be solid for a decent amount of years as Montreal find its footing.

ROUND 4: 

Montreal Pick 4: Platoon S51: D Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette - 1206  Platoon

Montreal looks to finish its top defensive pairing with LCLL from baltimore; with not too many high tpe younger players left on the board it was important for the team to really get someone like him from Baltimore in order to ensure their defense stays strong

Philly Pick 4: Stampede  S46: F Bobby Sharp - 1902 Stampede 

The fact that bobby sharp fell to this point kinda shows my inherent bias towards older players; when in reality this guy should be and will be a key part of any expansion teams offense for years to come. This is the 2nd offensive player i have Philly taking and he should be a star in philly for many years after a successful stint in Buffalo

ROUND 5: 

Philly Pick 5: Barracuda S50: F James Ronlain - 1638 Barracuda

Philly snags a 2nd Offensive player from Tampa; this time the higher TPE Ronlain; this finalizes a "starting" offense for Philly which should be a threat to many different teams for years to come; with the two former tampa guys and sharp striking fear into the hearts of new rivals

Montreal Pick 5:  Panthers S48: F Barrett Blackwood - 1547   Panthers

The first panther to come off the board and a Solid starter for a decent amount of years; this guy should be real good for Montreal in the future and despite being a few years into regression should be a good pickup

ROUND 6: 

Montreal Pick 6: Panthers S55: F TURG TURG - 907 Panthers

This might be a hot take at this point; but with the weapons for Montreal being older they might got for the steady earning TURG TURG at this point taking LA completely out of the board for Philly; I think this might happen as TURG TURG is very LR active when i shared a locker room with him in Vancouver; and he should max out well above 1000+ tpe making him a way better option than some older player in my own opinion

Philly Pick 6:   Argonauts S50: F Thomas Vanice - 1427 Argonauts 

JuoSu is a amazing user across sim leagues andat 1427 TPE will be an excilent foward for Philly's exciting attack. Maybe not the greatest earner in this league but still a very good option that should help for the next few seasons; and with this pick Seattle is now off the hook expansion wise

ROUND 7: 

Philly Pick 7: Blizzard S54: G Scoochie Stratton - 1272  Blizzard

The Obvious best Goalie prospect in the draft comes off the board here; i think at around round 7; philly will think its worth it to take the tender they really want here; and montreal will happily settle for the number two choice later in the draft. Someone told me that Ass is good friends with this user too so its obviously that this concetion will be a thing

Montreal Pick 7: pride S55: D Nathan Thomas - 999 pride

A very young yet solid Defensemen goes here; Nathan Thomas will be a great piece to have in the future of Montreal and can help create a powerful defensive future for this new team.

ROUND 8: 

Montreal Pick 8: Renegades S54: D Joseph Fantobens - 1133  Renegades

Another Young defensive stud; Montreal snag Fantobens here and give Thomas a long term friend in the defense. While he obviously isnt earning as well as others he is already at a very solid TPE number with many years til he enters regression.

Philly Pick 8: Platoon S54: D Adam Friedland - 1037 Platoon

Philly was likely looking at both Friedland and Fantobens here and will settle for the S54 Defenseman with slightly less TPE; but either way Friedland should be a very solid player for many years in the City of Brotherly Love

ROUND 9: 

Philly Pick 9: Aurora S45: D Slip McScruff - 1654  Aurora

With defense flying off the board; and fewer high quility options left; Philly takes the shorter term player in Slip McScruff; and while he is 5 years into regression; he still should be a great part of philly culture for several seasons and hopefully can make a big impact

Montreal Pick 9: Aurora  S57: G Vincent Mietitore - 705 Aurora

While he might not best the greatest goalie at the moment for Montreal; Mietitore should be able to be a very solid contributor in the future for Montreal and should be excited to have him as a prospect.

ROUND 10: 

Montreal Pick 10: Rage S46: G Peter Larson - 1172  Rage

INTERESTING THINGS!!!! this was a pick i decided to make in order to prevent philly from locking Montreal out of their Goalie Plans; with Larson being able to be a key starter instantly for Montreal and Mietitore being a backup who will eventually take over. Yeah this almost certainly wont happen like this but if it does i will take full credit.

Philly Pick 10: Inferno S54: F Simon Takshak - 907  Inferno

A pretty solid young foward for Philly; Takshak got a few years til regression and hopefully will be able to hit 1000+ tpe before that; this might be a very sneak good pick for Philly

ROUND 11: 

Philly Pick 11: syndicate S48: F Nick Connolly - 1562  syndicate

A guy who kinda slipped throw my cracks for some reason due to my rush on defensive players; and an instance on young guys with a bit more potential; Philly going to get a real sneak steal at this point with a foward who should be pretty solid for the future

Montreal Pick 11: syndicate S55: F Lassi Suhonen - 962 syndicate

Another Forward from chicago here; and another young player; in order to continue to build a solid core for several years; this guy while not the most active should be a good contributor to the team

ROUND 12: 

Montreal Pick 12: Dragons F S47: Boris Poroshenko - 1532 Dragons

Yep another foward. but its the Y-Man; the fact he fell to this point is kinda criminal in my sense; an amazing federation head and a guy who i was tempted to pick way earlier but it didnt make sense at certain points; either way Montreal gets a huge steal late in the draft who will be a great person to help with the LR

Philly Pick 12: Monarchs S47: D Tony Ford - 1129 Monarchs

An older player who should also be able to fill a solid role for Philly in the future; this is more of a defensive depth move and Ford should be a solid player for many seasons

ROUND 13: 

Philly Pick 13: Specters S52: G Olli Saarinen, Jr. - 973 Specters

A pick that kinda needed to be made since Philly still needed a 2nd goalie; I dont think Saarinen is super active anymore but if he earns at all should be a solid #2 goalie for Philly.

Montreal Pick 13: Wolfpack S54: D James Leblond - 801 Wolfpack

Probably not the greatest pick here; but Leblond will have enough TPE to be useful for Philly and defense is always a good thing to have even if its not someone who is earning at a very high level 

ROUND 14: 

Montreal Pick 14: Blizzard S49: F Jean-Paul Boivin - 1485 Blizzard

Edminton has alot of old players left unprotected. and with non of them being Defensive with high tpe i went for Noka's player since while hes not the highest TPE; hes a dope dude who will make cool GFX so well worth the pick this point

Philly Pick 14: Specters S53: D Bradley Barkov - 854  Specters

And with that NOLA gone; this is another defensive depth pick; as it is starting to really dry up and with plenty of offensive talent on the board i think snagging this guy as a filler will be a good idea for either expansion team.

ROUND 15: 

Philly Pick 15: Wolfpack F S56: Alexis Vermette - 914  Wolfpack

At this point im looking for any upside or filler pieces; and at just shy under 1000 tpe Vermette should be a very solid player for a few seasons before he starts regressing; and Philly can use him alot. If he comes back to activity he will be a huge steal but obviously thats unknown if it will happen

Montreal Pick 15: Inferno S53: F Carlos Brown - 994 Inferno

a player with a few years til regression is a sneaky pick here for a filler piece; not sure if hes still active but will be able to provide a impactful role in Montreal for a few seasons til he regresses

ROUND 16: 

Montreal Pick 16: pride S44: D Poopity Scoop - 1165 pride

Now picking some olders player; i have selected he will be able to fill a role in Montreal and be a key contributor on defense for a few years while prospects are developing in the SMJHL

Philly Pick 16: Dragons S40: D Otis B. Driftwood - 989  Dragons

I decided that Philly will fill out the rest of the roster with older players; so Driftwood; becomes the oldest player selected in expansions; and he will finish his days helping out the new younger player while a replacement likely develops for a few seasons

ROUND 17: 

Philly Pick 17: Rage S42: F David Kastrba - 1116 Rage

The Oldest player i have picked this guy will be able to snag a few more goals as a filler piece for Philly and hopefully can provide some expierence to this team!!

Montreal Pick 17: Monarchs S55: Alex Marshall - 966 Monarchs

Final non GM pick is Alex Marshall; he is 966 tpe which is solid and will be able to be a filler piece for a few seasons before he starts regressing.

ROUND 18: 

Montreal Pick 18: Renegades S51: Kaarlo Kekkonen - 1958 Renegades

GM pick; high TPE obviously so will be a good solid player for Montreal

Philly Pick 18:  Stampede S43: Rex Kirkby - 1662  Stampede

Ass' player here; obviously older and likely not as useful long term as Kaarlo but still a key part of any of Philly's early success

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

This was an enjoyable read! Gonna be a fun expansion draft for sure!

[Image: 336.jpg]

Excited to see what these new franchises will look like! The league is definitely shaking things up

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Fantastic article! It's exciting to read through a variety of mock drafts before the real thing happens. Goes to show how the draft could end up different in many ways.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate