Create Account

Meeting Goalie Prospect Senji Seteki
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2021, 06:20 PM by Talls.)

Meeting Goalie Prospect Senji Seteki
June 7, 2021
Talls
Before the upcoming draft, I wanted to take some time to introduce goaltending prospect out of the Colorado Raptors, Senji Seteki.  Seteki comes from Utsunomia, Japan and looks to put Japan on the hockey map. He has the dream to be the name in Japanese goaltending and to make his country proud.  For more info into his past, please see the previous article written here.

Seteki was brought into the Raptors as a free agent to replace the prolific Yanno Rosejac.  After a season as the back-up, he is poised to claim and hold onto the starting role, solidifying great goaltending in Colorado for another generation.  In his rookie season, his TPE sky rocketed from 155 to 305 TPE (more pending update).  He has been a max earner in the league and an active member in the locker room.  

During the learning process, Seteki has had a fair share of set backs, including a rough Simulation Major Junior Hockey League pre-season and start of the World Junior Championships.  Obtaining a 0.873 and 0.786 save percentages respectively.  For the SMJHL, his save percentage improved to 0.906 in 12 games played, in the regular season.  

Now that Seteki will be close to the 350 cap by the start of the next regular season, he plans to start hot.  Even with the addition of new defensemen in front of him, Seteki is confident he can be a real asset to the team.  

As for his Simulation Hockey League future, Seteki has had meetings with multiple General Managers to discuss his future.  Seteki is well aware he is many years from starting in the league, but he knows he will be able to make an impact in the locker room immediately.  He has reassured all GMs that he puts the team over himself and only cares about the welfare of the team.  With determination and perseverance, Seteki will gladly wait his turn to take over whatever franchise is lucky enough to draft him.

Out of context - Besides these small articles, I am an active member of the SHL dev team, a simulation tester, a scout, and a coach for the Colorado Raptors.  I enjoy putting my time and effort into the community, as the social aspect is just as important to me as creating a valuable player.  I look forward to hearing from and meeting more members of the community and I will see you all around the boards and discord!

Talls
(417 words)

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2021, 06:14 PM by Zoone16.)

@Talls Fyi, Double Draft media starts on Wednesday.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

06-07-2021, 06:13 PMZoone16 Wrote: @Talls  Fyi,  Double Draft media starts on Wednesday.
fixed.  Thanks

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]