Create Account

Season 59 Hall of Fame Ceremony

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote:
[Image: BLUE.jpeg]

@BoucherFan12

Benjamin Blue - 48 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 497 | W: 207 | L: 241 | OTL: 43 | SV%: .908 | GAA: 2.784 | SO: 26

Career Awards:
3x 1st All-Star Team
3x John McBride Trophy

What can there truly be said about Benjamin Blue that hasn’t already been said?

Arguably the greatest goalie to never lift the challenge cup, Benjamin would do everything in his power to push Tampa Bay to the finals. He would become an instant fan favourite in Tampa for his legendary style of play, his unique butterfly stance and how he could just take over games when the team needed him most.

He was simply one of the finest to ever lace them up and in Florida, he is a true legend that will never be topped. A 3 time John McBride trophy winner and multiple time 1st team all star, The Original BB earns his place here.

Welcome to the hall, Ben!
oh my goodness I'm gonna cry

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]

And with this, I now bring this year's hall of fame ceremony to a close.

Before I leave, I wish to offer my congratulations once again to the nominees and the three newest members of the Hall of Fame. You have all had storied careers in the SHL and we will remember you fondly. Hearing the cheers as guys like Tig and Trevor get inducted is a feeling I will never forget. Not only that but getting to recognise and honor the career of Esa Anrikkanen is a once in a lifetime kind of honor for me and I will always treasure it.

I wish as well to thank the league and the Hall of Fame Committee for giving me the chance to host this year's show after last year. It is such an honour of giving these legends the admiration and recognition they deserve. Hopefully one day, I can look back at this moment as I get my chance to be in this hall.

For now though, from the Hall of Fame in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. This is Alexis Saint-Michel Signing off. Thank you and good night!

@KenitohMenara thank you <3

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]

06-11-2021, 05:49 PMBoucherFan12 Wrote: @KenitohMenara thank you <3

Not a problem, Boucher! You earned you absolute legend!

06-11-2021, 05:35 PMluketd Wrote:
06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote:
[Image: BLUE.jpeg]

@BoucherFan12

Benjamin Blue - 48 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 497 | W: 207 | L: 241 | OTL: 43 | SV%: .908 | GAA: 2.784 | SO: 26

Career Awards:
3x 1st All-Star Team
3x John McBride Trophy

What can there truly be said about Benjamin Blue that hasn’t already been said?

Arguably the greatest goalie to never lift the challenge cup, Benjamin would do everything in his power to push Tampa Bay to the finals. He would become an instant fan favourite in Tampa for his legendary style of play, his unique butterfly stance and how he could just take over games when the team needed him most.

He was simply one of the finest to ever lace them up and in Florida, he is a true legend that will never be topped. A 3 time John McBride trophy winner and multiple time 1st team all star, The Original BB earns his place here.

never heard of Michael McFadden smh my head. Greatest goalie to never lift the CC

Fuck McFadden worst playoff goalie to ever exist

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

I do hope you all enjoy these ceremonies. I certainly have a lot of fun making them and writing them out. Its always a pleasure working with @JSS and the Hall of Fame Committee

06-11-2021, 05:37 PMKenitohMenara Wrote:
[Image: WILSON.jpeg]

@twils

Trevor Wilson - 58 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 1000| G: 341| A: 412| P: 753| +/-: 151

Career Awards:
1x 2nd All-Star Team
2x 3rd All-Star Team
3x Challenge Cup Champion
1x Anton Razov Nominee

Finally, Finally, oh god finally. Trevor Wilson is being brought into the hall of fame. This man who put one of the finest  careers ever seen by a winger is now getting the recognition he deserves. As a winger myself, it's hard for me not to watch his highlights and film and try to emulate his style of play. He didn’t play the game any other way but his way.

One of the most consistent wingers to ever play in the SHL, Trevor Wilson is often described by people who played alongside him as one of the most tenacious players to ever lace them up. A 20 year career that spanned 3 different teams, Trevor’s most iconic moments would come during his time with the West Kendall Platoon, where he helped contribute to three challenge cups in the SHL’s closest thing to a modern day dynasty. His finest season came in season 43, where he would finish the year as runner up for playoff MVP.

Thank you for all you have done, Trevor.
Thank you to everyone for your votes!
This means a lot to me, and it is a huge honour. It has been an anxious wait to get here, but it was all worth it Smile
Riot Platoon Barracuda

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

Damn, what a nice surprise. One of my regrets for not sticking it out longer on this player was that I didn't think he had he longevity to make it in. Glad it ended up working out and that I did @DrunkenTeddy proud after he took a chance on me what feels like a billion years ago

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

great show as always @KenitohMenara

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

@twils @notorioustig <3

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

06-11-2021, 06:01 PMnotorioustig Wrote: Damn, what a nice surprise. One of my regrets for not sticking it out longer on this player was that I didn't think he had he longevity to make it in. Glad it ended up working out and that I did @DrunkenTeddy proud after he took a chance on me what feels like a billion years ago
My biggest regret Wink

Very happy to see you make it with Murphy, congrats!

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

blue and twils yay congrats

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:45 PMKenitohMenara Wrote:
[Image: ANRIKKANEN.jpeg]

@Steelhead77

Esa Anrikkanen - 100 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: W: 1040| L: 592 | OT: 152 | P%: .569

Career Awards:
6x Challenge Cup
4x President's Trophy
9x Cole Reinhart Trophy
1x Lance Uppercut Award
3x Joe McKeil Award
3x Lance Uppercut Nominee
8x Joe McKeil Nominee

Like in any business or sport, teams crave consistency and structure. It makes everyone from players to front office staff believe in a team's mission. That is what a GM is supposed to do. Provide that structure and framework for that team to thrive. Of the many great GM’s that have been in this league, the Calgary Dragons have been blessed with arguably the greatest GM of them all in Esa Anrikkanen.

A man that scouted, drafted and cultivated his team to many years of excellence, just listing off all of Esa’s accomplishments is a feat in itself. 6 time Challenge cup winner, 4 time presidents trophy winner and a nominee for individual awards more than 30 times, Esa has seen it all and done it all as a GM in this league. The man had this almost mythical ability to not only find talent but retain it. He could keep players on board season after season, negotiate pay deals and excellent trades, he could give players the right development and minutes to thrive and grow. He did everything for Calgary and he made it look so easy.

If you ever want to be a GM in this league, look up his writings and his work in this because quite simply, there is none better to ever to do it than him… and, you can argue that no one can ever do it like him again. He truly stands alone.

Esa, Calgary and the SHL forever thanks you for your work.

Truly honored to make the SHL Hall of Fame as a GM! Thanks for such such a wonderful write up! <3

Congrats to the others who made the hall this season and good luck to everyone eligible next season!

Cheers

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

06-11-2021, 07:23 PMSteelhead77 Wrote: Truly honored to make the SHL Hall of Fame as a GM! Thanks for such such a wonderful write up! <3

Congrats to the others who made the hall this season and good luck to everyone eligible next season!

Cheers

Can I get some extra luck

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

06-11-2021, 05:37 PMKenitohMenara Wrote:
[Image: WILSON.jpeg]

@twils

Trevor Wilson - 58 Votes

Career Regular Season Stats: GP: 1000| G: 341| A: 412| P: 753| +/-: 151

Career Awards:
1x 2nd All-Star Team
2x 3rd All-Star Team
3x Challenge Cup Champion
1x Anton Razov Nominee

Finally, Finally, oh god finally. Trevor Wilson is being brought into the hall of fame. This man who put one of the finest  careers ever seen by a winger is now getting the recognition he deserves. As a winger myself, it's hard for me not to watch his highlights and film and try to emulate his style of play. He didn’t play the game any other way but his way.

One of the most consistent wingers to ever play in the SHL, Trevor Wilson is often described by people who played alongside him as one of the most tenacious players to ever lace them up. A 20 year career that spanned 3 different teams, Trevor’s most iconic moments would come during his time with the West Kendall Platoon, where he helped contribute to three challenge cups in the SHL’s closest thing to a modern day dynasty. His finest season came in season 43, where he would finish the year as runner up for playoff MVP.

Thank you for all you have done, Trevor.

MY MAN! WELL DESERVED!!!!

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]