Create Account

SHL Works Out

Post your workout stuff in here.

Encourage each other and be supportive. Good vibes only.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Oh fuck yes lets go

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

hell yeah good stuff!!

@caltroit_red_flames do you like fitness?

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

can someone teach me how to work out

[Image: A12A5Km.png]

06-09-2021, 11:24 PMlmao Wrote: can someone teach me how to work out

It really depends on what your goals are.

If you're like me and not happy with your weight you want to focus mainly on cardio. There are two forms of cardio exercise: aerobic and anaerobic. To keep it simple you can think of it as either constant but steady exercise or short high intensity bursts of exercise respectively. So aerobic would be good if you play something like soccer or basketball where you're not really getting any breaks, anaerobic would be good if you play hockey or football where you're going hard for a lot of short bursts with breaks in between.

Aerobic: Swimming, running outside or on a treadmill, using an elliptical (this is what I do because I have issues with my achilles tendon).

Anaerobic: The best way to do this is probably with High Intensity Interval Training (45 seconds working out really hard and then a 15 second break). I'm not specifically recommending this video but it's an example of something you could workout along with to get you started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edIK5SZYMZo

If you're looking to build muscle I'd still recommend doing cardio at least 2 or 3 times a week. There are videos and things you can lookup to learn how to lift weights but I really think there's no replacement for having someone teach you in person. It's really important to learn not to push yourself too hard when weight lifting to prevent injury, how to properly increase weight during a workout, etc. If you're in high school/college try seeing if your school offers any weight training classes or after school programs. Otherwise I'd recommend trying to get a couple sessions with a person trainer and asking them to teach you the vitals of weight lifting.

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

06-09-2021, 11:23 PMhotdog Wrote: hell yeah good stuff!!

@caltroit_red_flames do you like fitness?
No it's grueling and soul sucking, but the gains are worth it

No but I love fittin your dick in my mouth (I heard this joke every week from our goalie senior year)

Neat. I hope to get some motivation here soon.

My baby's 6 weeks old and is draining nearly 100% of my post-work energy. I lost about 20 pounds before she arrived, and over the last 2-3 months I've probably gained it all back. I've been afraid to step on a scale. I'll have to come up with tangible goals and stuff in the next week or two. Maybe I'll treat myself to a long, hard look at my fitness life on my first Father's Day.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2021, 09:54 AM by Ragnar.)

Hi everyone. Here's my lifting routine.

I do a Push, Pull, Legs workout, doing each one twice a week. Studies show it's ideal to hit each muscle group twice a week.

Day one: Pull
Reverse grip lat pulldowns: 3x12
V-bar lat pulldowns: 3x12
Dumbbell rows: 4x12
Rope lat pressdowns: 4x12
Face pulls: 4x12
Straight bar curls: 4x12
Hammer curls: 4x12
Single dumbbell curls (grab the dumbbell with both hands on the side and hold it vertically): 4x12

Day two: Push
Barbell shoulder press: 3x12
Bench press: 3x12
Incline press: 3x12
Decline flies: 4x12
Pec-deck flies: 4x12
Lateral raises: 6x15
Overhead triceps extension: 4x12
Rope triceps pressdown: 4x12
Triceps kick-backs: 4x12

Day three: Legs
Lunges: 3x30
Close stance hack squat (feet together): 3x15
Close stance hack squat (feet in V pattern): 3x15
Glute bridges: 4x12
Hip abductor: 4x12
Leg curls: 4x12
Leg extension: 4x12
Calf raises: 4x20

Pull day 2 is the same for back with different curls worked in.
Push day 2 is the same for chest and shoulders with different triceps stuff worked in.
Leg day 2 is the same as Leg day 1.

I obviously work out strictly for hypertrophy, and couldn't care less about strength.

Eat big to get big, nerds.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

06-10-2021, 09:53 AMRagnar Wrote: Hi everyone. Here's my lifting routine.

I do a Push, Pull, Legs workout, doing each one twice a week. Studies show it's ideal to hit each muscle group twice a week.

Single dumbbell curls (grab the dumbbell with both hands on the side and hold it vertically): 4x12

Push day 2 is the same for chest and shoulders with different triceps stuff worked in.

I obviously work out strictly for hypertrophy, and couldn't care less about strength.

This dude lifts.

Real talk though, if anyone is extrinsically motivated and needs someone to work out with "virtually" so they feel obligated to or anything hit me up.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Getting into shape is like 60-90% diet, depending on who you talk to. personally, that's the hardest part. Chipotle is so good.

I used to go to boxing classes pre-pandemic. Think of it as glorified zumba. We're really punching bags and shit, but not in a ring and not sparring. just following an hour-long workout. But, it did give me a good foundation of things that are helpful to workout WITHOUT weights. Body-weight exercises can be powerful and all you need is space to do it.

Jumping Jacks are a great way to strengthen your feet/calfs while getting some cardio in
Squats are a great way to strengthen your lower body (regular, forward, back, sides, holds)
High knees are a great way to "sprint" in place to get a sweat going and warm up. They're also tough on the feet at first.

lifting weights is a great way to target specific muscles, but body weight exercises and cardio can do worlds of wonders for your actual physical strength and ability. It's good to combine the two, because your stabilizing muscles and ligaments need to be strengthened as well. If all you do is bench-press, you may see yourself struggling to carry something compared to someone who engages his whole body (like a laborer).

Lastly, do it for yourself. Getting in shape feels great, even if that shape is only slightly better than it was before.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Don't forget to hit legs people! Nothing funnier than seeing a big upper body dude walking around the gym with legs smaller than my fiancé.

I actually just started squatting again since college. Holy shit -couldn't walk for 3 days, almost fell down the stairs on numerous occasions.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

06-10-2021, 09:53 AMRagnar Wrote: I obviously work out strictly for hypertrophy, and couldn't care less about strength.

Yeahthat  Bigger the weight, bigger the muscles

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

06-10-2021, 10:01 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: Getting into shape is like 60-90% diet, depending on who you talk to. personally, that's the hardest part. Chipotle is so good.

I used to go to boxing classes pre-pandemic. Think of it as glorified zumba. We're really punching bags and shit, but not in a ring and not sparring. just following an hour-long workout. But, it did give me a good foundation of things that are helpful to workout WITHOUT weights. Body-weight exercises can be powerful and all you need is space to do it.

Jumping Jacks are a great way to strengthen your feet/calfs while getting some cardio in
Squats are a great way to strengthen your lower body (regular, forward, back, sides, holds)
High knees are a great way to "sprint" in place to get a sweat going and warm up. They're also tough on the feet at first.

lifting weights is a great way to target specific muscles, but body weight exercises and cardio can do worlds of wonders for your actual physical strength and ability. It's good to combine the two, because your stabilizing muscles and ligaments need to be strengthened as well. If all you do is bench-press, you may see yourself struggling to carry something compared to someone who engages his whole body (like a laborer).

Lastly, do it for yourself. Getting in shape feels great, even if that shape is only slightly better than it was before.

ya this is definetly 100 percent right the most important way to work out is to do cardio as much as possible and work out your own body weight. It's not how much weight you lift at the gym that makes you strong, its how often you can lift.

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

With the gyms opening back up here, I'm definitely going to be using this thread for info and may even hit some of you guys up. Definitely need to get in better shape and my cardio/stamina is absolutely atrocious. Need to improve it and lose a significant amount of weight, and the goal is to do so by the end of 2021.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2021, 10:45 AM by dankoa.)

06-10-2021, 09:53 AMRagnar Wrote: Hi everyone. Here's my lifting routine.

forgot to mention your trenbologna sandwich big boy

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]