Create Account

SHL Works Out

11-09-2021, 10:36 AMGCool Wrote: Finally started a 30 day circuit training thing yesterday. The 'initial assessment' was yesterday and I felt pretty bad about myself. After this morning's workout, I still feel almost as bad? But at least I did some stuff. I hope I actually stick with it.

Imagine how much better you’ll feel after the thirty days. Keep it up.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Yesterday, my new spin bike arrived. I put it together late last night and this morning I was so excited to try it that I hopped on and pumped out 30 minutes without even questioning it. For me, the drive to go work out (since I'd mostly be leaving the home to do so) has been a complete drag.

The fact that I jumped up, well before my alarm this morning just so I could ride a stationary bike excites me to no end because I think I just found my niche to get back into things.

11-09-2021, 11:10 AMGeekusoid Wrote: Yesterday, my new spin bike arrived.  I put it together late last night and this morning I was so excited to try it that I hopped on and pumped out 30 minutes without even questioning it.  For me, the drive to go work out (since I'd mostly be leaving the home to do so) has been a complete drag.

The fact that I jumped up, well before my alarm this morning just so I could ride a stationary bike excites me to no end because I think I just found my niche to get back into things.

What bike did you get? My fiancée has the Peloton and loves it but for me personally, I have to leave the house to get a good workout in - not sure why lol.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

11-09-2021, 11:22 AMtakethehorizon Wrote:
11-09-2021, 11:10 AMGeekusoid Wrote: Yesterday, my new spin bike arrived.  I put it together late last night and this morning I was so excited to try it that I hopped on and pumped out 30 minutes without even questioning it.  For me, the drive to go work out (since I'd mostly be leaving the home to do so) has been a complete drag.

What bike did you get? My fiancée has the Peloton and loves it but for me personally, I have to leave the house to get a good workout in - not sure why lol.

It was a spur of the moment buy.  My wife found a coupon code on Amazon from some group she's in.  Knocked 50% off the price.   The brand is Yovital.  Like a $350 bike we were able to snag for $170.     She's been a deal machine (i have to brag on her a bit) this past week.  She snagged me a $150 pair of 5.1 BT earbuds for $18 with some hidden codes she found.

11-09-2021, 11:25 AMGeekusoid Wrote:
11-09-2021, 11:22 AMtakethehorizon Wrote: What bike did you get? My fiancée has the Peloton and loves it but for me personally, I have to leave the house to get a good workout in - not sure why lol.

It was a spur of the moment buy.  My wife found a coupon code on Amazon from some group she's in.  Knocked 50% off the price.   The brand is Yovital.  Like a $350 bike we were able to snag for $170.     She's been a deal machine (i have to brag on her a bit) this past week.  She snagged me a $150 pair of 5.1 BT earbuds for $18 with some hidden codes she found.

She sounds like a keeper! Everything is always sweeter knowing you got it for a good deal  Biggrin

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

11-09-2021, 11:29 AMtakethehorizon Wrote:
11-09-2021, 11:25 AMGeekusoid Wrote: It was a spur of the moment buy.  My wife found a coupon code on Amazon from some group she's in.  Knocked 50% off the price.   The brand is Yovital.  Like a $350 bike we were able to snag for $170.     She's been a deal machine (i have to brag on her a bit) this past week.  She snagged me a $150 pair of 5.1 BT earbuds for $18 with some hidden codes she found.

She sounds like a keeper! Everything is always sweeter knowing you got it for a good deal  Biggrin

She is.   We have our spats, but I wouldn't trade her for anything.

11-09-2021, 11:25 AMGeekusoid Wrote:
11-09-2021, 11:22 AMtakethehorizon Wrote: What bike did you get? My fiancée has the Peloton and loves it but for me personally, I have to leave the house to get a good workout in - not sure why lol.

God, she's got a coupon person like Serpe has an anything guy. Clutch

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

11-09-2021, 11:22 AMtakethehorizon Wrote:

I’m the same way. I bought a squat stand, two barbells, a bench and a bunch of plates during the peak of covid and then basically quit working out. Something about working out at home just isn’t fun for me. No idea why.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

My phone says I’m averaging 20,000 steps/day YTD that’s about it for me outside beer curls

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2021, 02:44 PM by leviadan.)

I picked up Ring Fit Adventure as a gift to myself for my birthday a few months ago. I hate working out and didn't have high hopes for it at all, but I'm shocked by how much it will kick your ass if you let it.

I'm on about 52~ days of use in the last two months, around 20 minutes a day plus warm up and cooldown. You definitely have to push yourself with it, like be vigilant about turning up the difficulty a few notches if you find it starting to get too easy, but I really feel like its made a difference. I still am not crazy about working out, but once I'm in the game the time passes a lot faster because there's a lot going on and different things to think about while you're working out. I find I get working hard and 20/25 minutes goes by in no time and I've really worked up a sweat. As opposed to when I used to try to just go out and run or ride a stationary bike, 20+ minutes would feel like an eternity.

Anyways I think I'd recommend it. I feel better lately and I've definitely noticed some weight loss. Its worked better for me than any other routine I've tried before. Going to keep doing my best to stay with it!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

good shit! Always love biking because its easy on my joints.

For me, I've got a program I'm following with a spreadsheet and everything. My number 1 hurdle has been becoming agoraphobic in the last 2 years. Deadlift? No problem. The idea that both deadlift mats might be taken? Absolutely no thank you.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

11-09-2021, 10:36 AMGCool Wrote: Finally started a 30 day circuit training thing yesterday. The 'initial assessment' was yesterday and I felt pretty bad about myself. After this morning's workout, I still feel almost as bad? But at least I did some stuff. I hope I actually stick with it.

There is little use in letting yourself feel bad alone, that is, if you only dwell on it without acknowledging the beautiful potential to go on and change it, flip it upside down with perfect ease. Make it false, without even trying. There is a desire to see rapid change, perhaps, to alter this and that about yourself in 30 days, become some new thing by the end of the month. You hope to stick with it, well you have the capacity to know with 100% certainty you will! Beyond 30 days! Don't be fooled by thinking you'll wait out the angst over 30 days by suffering through some mechanical actions and be where you want to be. I can't tell you how many times I set my mind for change like this only to revert to previous patterns.

Start with the end in mind, relax, knowing you have the capacity to ensure whatever change is desired.

Don't think of what you do as working out also.

I cherry picked definitions below, you can look at others if you want, I think it makes more sense to just play and have fun. Or practice getting strong, which, my perception of the ideas here comes from this guy talking about there being no word for workout in other languages: https://youtu.be/VhM7GqkyF-c

Work is defined as
"a task or tasks to be undertaken; something a person or thing has to do."
"[To] be engaged in physical or mental activity in order to achieve a result; do work"
"activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result."
"to make way slowly and with difficulty : move or progress laboriously"
"to cause to toil or labor"
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/work

Out =>
"in a direction away from the inside or center of something"
"so as to be missing or displaced from the usual or proper place"
"to the point of depletion, extinction, or exhaustion"
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/out

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]