Create Account

[DOUBLE DRAFT MEDIA] - Why you should draft Anton Harrier (but not too early)

The scene is the skatepark under the little place Anton Harrier has been living with another five friends.
He's sitting on a steel chair, a cap for his juniors team, the Nevada Battleborn over his head, sunglasses and an oversized Rink of Honor-themed shirt for their World Heavyweight Champion, The Tempest over his torso, covering some camo shorts.
He seemed a bit puzzled.

Interviewer: Thanks for letting us interview you at home, Mr. Harrier.
Anton: Uh... no biggie, ma'am. Weren't you the one that interviewed me back when I got drafted by the Battleborn?
Danny: Well, you're very attentive to remember yourself of me, Mr. Harrier.
Anton: Aye, ye made some weird faces whenever I mentioned stuff about furries and whatnot, kinda hard to forget someone like that, I think. And again, you can call me Anton. Or Tony. Whatever ya want, really. Except for tosser, my mum hasn't grown her kid for years so that he could be called tosser by people abroad, you see.

The camera was able to catch her looking a bit confused but she kept on with the interview.

Danny: Well. This is Danny Torres for the Hockey News USA site and I'm here with Nevada Battleborn player and SHL draft prospect, Anton Harrier. So, I have to ask the hardest question, we've seen how you're not in the major draft lists. Has that been affecting you and do you consider it correct?
Anton: Oh, I mean... I find it very much understandable. Far from me to claim to be anywhere near the best players of the juniors right about now, it would be unpolite, obnoxious and honestly pretty stupid on my part. Me here, I'm about honesty and fairness above all else. Never gonna be a superstar but would be glad to play anywhere if they give me the chance, just like Nevada did and does right now. As for how it affects me, I'd say it puts me in the place I should be, of the person who has to improve his skills if he wishes to have any hope of making it in the majors.
Danny: So is it safe to say that you plan on improving in the next seasons?
Anton: Aye, deffo. This first season was about stability, fitting myself in this new environment and I think I got the gist of it by now. I had other things in mind about life before and, while I guess I still have them, I'm very much looking forward to putting them aside somewhat to buckle down and improve at a good enough rate that whoever drafts me, finds a very competent package.
Danny: That's a pretty promising statement. What are your plans for the Draft day itself?

Anton rose an eyebrow, lowering the sunglasses.

Anton: Madam, I reckon you're married from that ring on yer finger. I would rather not get clobbered by someone for such a careless proposal. Besides, me, Anton Harrier, ain't about daddling with ladies who are already in a relationship, I'm far better than that type of person.
Danny: I MEANT IF YOU INTEND TO ACTUALLY WATCH THE DRAFT.

He shruged.

Anton: Ah, well, why did you not ask that from the start, then? Giving me such a weird line, sheesh... Well, uh, that is actually a very good question, in fact. Let me check about it with my schedule manager. HEY, DANTE!

One of the people skating behind him yelled from afar, one could only figure out his clear skin, brown hair, flannel shirt, dark jeans and shoes as he stopped midtrack.

"Dante": Yo, Tony, what is it?
Anton: The lady wants to know what are we gonna do on Sunday!
"Dante": I dunno, man. Weren't we supposed to go get parts for a ramp or something?
Anton: I think that's what you were going to do on Sunday, the bosses told me I had to stay around for the draft.
"Dante": But you're not even rated to go all that high and stuff to get a camera shot...
Anton: I know! But they said I should watch the whole show regardless!
"Dante": Well, uh... if you're not going with us, I guess you're watching the Draft from home back in Meghan's room.

Dante went back to skating and Anton turned back around to the camera and the somewhat flustered interviewer.

Anton: Well, y'all heard from the man himself, I'm watching the Draft from home back in Meghan's room. Even if her room smells like the most obnoxious type of violets in the world.

He then narrowly dodged a flying skateboard, a female voice screaming "you prick" from outside of the screen.

Anton: Well, a tough customer, I guess, but her room has the best TV of the bunch, so might as well, right?
Danny: And when do you think you'll end up being picked at? Any number in mind?
Anton: Hmmm... Well, there are way more teams in the majors than in the minors, so... I don't know, probably third round?
Danny: Just the third round?
Anton: Well, uh... if you insist, late third round.
Danny: You're not particularly confident.
Anton: Just being honest, lady. I told you I'm not a priority and it's perfectly fine. All I can do is make sure that whoever picks me, made a good choice, regardless if I'm first or last. That's the way I see it.
Danny: Fair enough. Any team you'd have a preference for or just flat-out wish not to play for?
Anton: I'm fine wherever I go, I think. The downside is that I'd have to move from here but we'll see where I end up, right?
Danny: I see. And what would you say to any teams thinking of picking you on the Draft?
Anton: I can't promise wonders, but I can promise that I'll be a fun teammate to have and hopefully a good back to lay on... and maybe a good playmaker as well.
Danny: Well, this is it from Las Vegas, thanks for your time and I hope you'll do well, Tony.
Anton: Eh, I'm sure it'll end well, aye.

Quote:Words: 1153

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Nice.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria