Create Account

SHL Rulebook updates
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2021, 04:30 PM by luke.)

As we approach the midway mark off the off-season, there are some rule’s that HO have come to. Whether that's for the SHL GM’s or for the community, these are the rules / tweaks in the rulebook that we have agreed to.

For the GM’s
GM’s and Coaches cannot use mid-sim tactics switching. Any and all tactics must be in the lines thread or uploaded before the sim starts for that day. The only thing that the simmer can change for your team is starting goalie and backup goalie
        When doing lines for which goalie starts the preferred way of posting is
                  11/23 against TEX start backup
                  11/24 against MAN start starter
                  11/25 against TBB start backup
                  End: Start Starter
                        If you do not include an end: Start Starter, the last goalie that starts will start your first game the next sim, unless you denote it otherwise in your next post.

For the Community
Slight Adjustment to how the FA list works
        FA list will still appear after the offseason post
                  Threads will be moved a day before the SHL Entry draft to prevent confusion

Change UFA Ruling to be more clear
Current Rule
Code:
When a player's contract expires, and another contract has not yet been signed, barring special cases listed in Section 2, Subsection I, that player will become an Unrestricted Free Agent. Unrestricted Free Agents have the freedom to negotiate a new contract with any SHL team once Free Agency has opened.
Free Agency is a period where SHL Teams and Unrestricted Free Agents can engage in contract discussion. Once the SHL Draft has concluded, SHL teams are given permission to talk to Free Agents and discuss contracts with them, and Unrestricted Free Agents may officially sign with a new team at 12:00PM EST, the day after the SHL Entry Draft.

Change to

When a player's contract expires at the start of Free Agency, and another contract has not yet been signed, barring special cases listed in Section 2, Subsection I, that player will become an Unrestricted Free Agent. Unrestricted Free Agents have the freedom to negotiate a new contract with any SHL team once Free Agency has opened.
Free Agency is a period where SHL Teams and Unrestricted Free Agents can engage in contract discussion. Once the SHL Draft has concluded, SHL teams are given permission to talk to Free Agents and discuss contracts with them, and Unrestricted Free Agents may officially sign with a new team at 12:00PM EST, the day after the SHL Entry Draft.

Change Transfering Money

1. The SHL forbids teams from attempting to circumvent the SHL Salary cap.
              a.  Attempts at the Salary Cap Circumvention include, but are not limited to:
                            i. Money Transfers, either from General Manager to player, or player to player, with no purpose or sufficient reason
                            ii. A general Manager attempting to add a signing bonus that doesn’t apply to their salary cap
              b. Any SHL Member found to be in violation of this rule will be fined an amount equal to the amount illegally transferred to their bank account. Head Office has the discretion to increase the amount of money fined.

2. The maximum any SHL member can pay another member for a signature is $4,000,000

a. The Maximum any SHL Teammate can pay to another Teammate is $1,000,000
                          i. The Maximum a teammate can receive from their teammates in a season is $2,000,000.
                          For Example
                                Player A pays $1,000,000 player B for sig
                                Player C pays $1,000,000 player B for sig
                                Player B cannot receive any more money from teammates that season

ii. If a Teammate to Teammate transfer wants to go above $1,000,000 an appeal can be made to Head Office in order to approve the transfer
          b. Higher payouts can be issued during Open Signature tournaments, where any SHL Member can join and submit, and the results are made public.

c. For any other form of money transfer, a committee of Head Banker, Head Graphics Grader, Commissioner, and Co-Commissioner(if applicable) will approve or deny transfers.
                      i. If the transfer is denied, then the user can appeal to the Owners for approval or denial of the transfer.

3. If a Site Member wishes to hold an event with a monetary reward that exceeds a payout of $4,000,000 per contestant, they must receive permission from the SHL Head Office.

The approach to draftee rights

We are replacing, Section II, L draft rights

1.  Upon drafting an eligible player, the SHL team holds exclusive negotiating rights until the day before the upcoming GM Off-Season Tasks are due.
                    a. GM’s have until the day before GM tasks to have their draftees signed or tendered. You can tender your draftees by posting a minimum contract offer of $2.5 mil in the RFA/Draftee Chicken Tenders thread.
                            i. If the draftee is tendered they must navigate to  League Transactions > General Transactions > SHL Roster Transactions and post in the thread titled “RFA Chicken Tenders” with the following information:
                                  1. “Draftee Tender”
                                  2. Team Name
                                  3. Player Name
                                  4. Contract Offer(Money and Term)

b. In the event a draftee refuses to sign a contract after being drafted and tendered
                                  i. The team will hold their rights for one season
                                  ii. The player may negotiate with the team holding their SMJHL rights for a contract to enable them to play without SHL affiliation.
                                  iii. The player will NOT be able to perform SHL-level point tasks, weekly training and buy SHL Coaching
                                  iv. A GM cannot refuse to sign with their own team

c. In the event a team does not offer a contract or tender a qualifying offer during that period
                                  i. All SHL teams will have the right to tender a $2.5m contract
                                ii. If multiple teams tender an offer, then a bidding war will kick off with 500k minimum increases in the bid
                                iii. The Bidding Process will happen in the Bidding Subforum of the SHL Roster Transactions Subforum
                                iv. If no contracts are offered, the player will be re-entered into the next draft
                                          1. This player will still be eligible for SHL-level point tasks, training, and coaching.
                                          2. If the player was already drafted once, and re-entered, that player will become a UFA.

As for this situation: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116622

HO decided since that we were already altering the rule, and since kentakira already accepted both in private and public, he would fall under the jack crasher rules. So, he would have to be signed by TOR anyway, so it would not matter in the long run.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2021, 04:19 PM by Jobin.)

Do these go into effect immediately or do I still have time to make a shitty ms paint sig to sell for 4 mil? @"luketd"

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

06-11-2021, 04:17 PMJobin Wrote: Do these go into effect immediately or do I still have time to make a shitty ms paint sig to sell for 4 mil? @"luketd"
immediately

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Fuck money transfer imma just rob the rich shlers at gunpoint

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

06-11-2021, 04:20 PMluketd Wrote:
06-11-2021, 04:17 PMJobin Wrote: Do these go into effect immediately or do I still have time to make a shitty ms paint sig to sell for 4 mil? @"luketd"
immediately
damnit, you're such a hard ass.....  Blush

@"luketd" request to HO to rob user @"luketd" of 150,000 shl dollars

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

ah so i guess this rule is retroactive eh

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

ready to be mad

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

So I just have a teammate pay a guy on a different team 4mil who then pays me 4 mil.... is SHL money laundering against the rules?

06-11-2021, 04:57 PMJobin Wrote: So I just have a teammate pay a guy on a different team 4mil who then pays me 4 mil.... is SHL money laundering against the rules?

lets find out

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Hate me cuz you aint me

[Image: 336.jpg]