Create Account

S60 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places

When Konstantin walked into the Quebec City lockerroom for the first time in his young professional hockey career he was welcome at first by the assistant general manager and then by a few future teammates of his that have been recently drafted to the SHL just the day before. After a short waiting period a fellow SMJHL draftee of his Samuel Kjellsson appeared in the locker room and they chatted with each other for a short bit. As one of the icebreaker activities the rookies were asked to share 2 truths and lie of theirs which really helped to break the awkward atmosphere that was lingering in the room up until now. Once every draftee has gathered in the locker room the festivities of the day started and after a short while one could hear a lot of laughter as everyone started to know each other and share some funny stories.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2021, 06:41 PM by Emeril.)

Walking into the Newfoundland locker room was an odd experience for me, to say the least. I am nothing but a humble chef from Massachusetts trying to do something different with my life. You could say, at this point, I am the Michael Jordan of the cooking world. Is this a mid-life crisis? I am a 61-year-old father who has gone through several divorces in my time, so probably. How did I get into hockey? Growing up in Massachusetts, it was always on my mind and now I can finally show the world how Hockey Emeril is different from Chef Emeril. Maybe I will stick with hockey, maybe I won’t, but we are going to kick this locker room up a notch

I was greeted with cheers and hugs and friendly faces, but I knew this was not going to be easy. All I know how to do is cook and smile at people. I am looking forward to spending my time in Newfoundland. BAM!

When Sebastian Weiss found out that he had been drafted to the Kelowna Knights he was at first very confused. But after his initial confusing and the problems he had trying to even find Kelowna, he finally managed to find the rink so he could meet his teammates for the first time. He was very excited to be playing his first games of proper elite level hockey and hoped his teammates wouldn’t mind that he had no idea what he was doing. At first he was worried because the first person he met who introduced himself as Patrick Toes was very arrogant and unlikeable and he worried that other people on the team might be too but everyone else was very nice and they even threw a party for everyone to be able to spend time together and get to know each other better outside of the rink which was great fun and Sebastian made a lot of new friends.

Initial reactions to Peanut Butter joining the Nevada Battleborn we’re a series of mixed results. Notably not every member of the team was especially keen about adding a serial killer to the teams roster, and so some were rather vocal with their concerns. However, one member of the team seemed to embrace the newcomer, Melvin Majestic Moose, who being a moose did not feel near as threatened by Peanut Butter as some of the human members of the team did. Rumor has it that at another point in time Melvin himself had developed a thirst for human blood, and so both he and Peanut Butter bonded rather quickly on the team.

Perhaps the second closest friendship Peanut Butter has developed thus far is with Wing Wang the Wurmple. Being a Wurmple, he also has no fear for the murderous Peanut Butter, and therefore they’ve become fast friends. While still early in the season, no doubt a positive beginning for the young Nevada based team.

[Image: 622070_joashb_peanut-butter-monster.png?f1530255985]

After getting drafted my the Maine Timber, I didn't what to expect. This is my first time ever doing a simulation before and I was nervous yet the moment Ida-mae Mann walked into that locker room, he was welcomed by everyone with open arms. The GMs have done a wonderful job with organizing everything and bringing all the draftees in as this was one of the most players drafted in Timber history. Each and every GM has been on point with making sure that all the players are maximizing their efficiency and acquiring the max amount of TPE. Along with that each GM has reached out to me to ask how everything is and what I am expecting for this up coming season. In the end I am super excited to play for the Timber and I hope that me, my teammates and the GMs all work together to be able to bring home a championship.

Tanner Fox walked into the Carolina Kraken locker room for the first time just a few short days after the draft. He had heard his older brother, Michael, mention how it was nothing like the St Louis locker room from when he was in the SMJHL. Whether that was from the changing times or from something else, the younger Fox brother didn’t know, but he wasn’t about to question it. It was a far shot from the high school locker room he had known back in Raleigh. The good thing about being drafted to Carolina, other than being drafted period, was the fact that he knew Charlotte, he knew the drive to and from his home back in Raleigh. The transition from high school to the professional level is stressful as it is, the added stress of having to live in an unknown place can sometimes make things too much for a budding prospect.

The locker room was empty, Tanner had been given some time to himself to take it all in, but he could already hear the muffled chants of the fans in the arena, the goal horn blaring after a win. He didn’t want to wait anymore, he was all ready to suit up and get rolling.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

After going undrafted Joe Burrow was very disappointed, his lifelong dream of playing in the SHL had ended before it had begun. His college teammates at LSU had organized an after party assuming he would get drafted. He did however get a call shortly after the draft, he was going to be signed to a team in the SMJHL. As usual his teammates started jumping up and down and throwing things all over the place, they were super happy for him. Joe just sat there crying, his hard work had paid off and he was going to be given a chance. Burrow then called his parents who had been with him his entire journey and thanks them for the sacrifices they made to help his dream come true. After all of that, it was party time!!! Burrow shotgunned three bears and jumped off the roof into the pool. It was the part of the century and everyone came!

158 words
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2021, 11:12 PM by LairdButler.)

Much beer was consumed and friendships were made in the locker room that first day. 
Here is a pic of Sam and I with Dave, at least I think his name was Dave.

[Image: Locker_room.jpg]

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2021, 11:16 PM by artermis.)

Estonia
S59 IIHF Gold Medal Game

From a luxury box, two men in fedoras and overcoats watch the game. The crowd counts down the final seconds, followed by the final horn and the subsequent on-ice celebrations. The men look at the winning team, then the scoreboard.
"Je čas" says one. The other stamps out his cigarette and both turn to leave the arena.

Cape Cod
1 Day Later

A pickup truck drives down a seaside access road. It's just before midnight. The driver has the window down as he enjoys the cool summer night air. Suddenly, a figure shambles out into the road, and driver swerves and slams on the brakes to avoid a collision. The truck slows down rapidly, but without incident. The driver lifts his head to see a mostly naked man in his headlights. He wears nothing, besides a cup, hockey gloves and skates, however he also carries with him a hockey stick. He appears to be drenched. Both stare at each other, one dumbfounded, the other in shock. Suddenly, the man in the road hobbles over in his skates to the driver side door. The driver flinches at the movement, rapidly rolls up his window, and prepares to speed away should this strange man truly be as crazy as he looks. They stare at each other in silence for what seems like minutes. It's the man with the stick who breaks the staring contest first as he knocks on the glass. The driver, still cautious, rolls down the window only an inch.
"What do you want?" says the driver, growing more perplexed and worried by the minute. The man with the stick smiles a toothy grin and replies:
"Weer is hokay?"

__

I know this wasn't the prompt, but seeing as I haven't been drafted or signed and I still wanted to get something in, I thought I'd try to still get something in the "New Places" theme.

I understand if this doesn't cut it and strays too far away though!

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

As with most new jobs, people are generally excited to meet the new guys. The Anaheim veterans went above and beyond making me feel like a welcome part of their family. First came all the important stuff, like signing the forms for payroll and HR. I am, after all, only here for the money. But after that was a nice team dinner, where we met all the characters and got familiar with the people we’ll be sharing the locker room with. Of course the rookies are made to foot the bill at the end, because apparently that’s a tradition in sports. Our veteran teammates told us stories about how they reacted to the draft as it was happening and how thrilled they were back in the day while each of them was drafted, and at some point the GM made a surprise appearance to remind us all that we can be cut or traded at any moment. It wasn’t too much of a buzzkill though. It was a great experience overall. 11/10 would be drafted by Anaheim again.

On Draft night when Maine selected me I couldn’t have been happier. After spending some time there as a Draftable Free Agent it was the Team I was hoping would call my name on Draft Day. After the draft I couldn’t wait to get back to the Locker Room but I never expected the Celebration our General Managers had in store not only for myself but all the new Rookies. Toast and Southpaw completely outdid themselves. We were greeted immediately by all the returning Timber players for what could only be described as a Saplings party. They used the first day on site as a way to introduce all the new Draft Picks to the culture they are building in Maine where the players form a family type bond that can last forever. The celebration included full catering and an outdoor seating area for Players and their families. It was a great introduction to the Team and staff before all the hard work truly begins.

Well the draft has come and gone and not a word from any team during that process but that’s okay because I was totally late with my paperwork so that’s totally on me. After I got the paperwork completed I started fielding offers from teams to sign as a free agent. After receiving some offers and consulting with family and friends I would like to announce that I am signing with [redacted]. At this point I can’t say who I’m signing with but I’m sure they will accept me with open arms because I’m warm and friendly but I’m also willing to crush someone's face into the boards like they are Kris Draper. I don’t know how they will react to me coming to the team but I’m hoping they will accept me as one of their own and I’m just hoping to go in and contribute to the team and help them make the playoffs and hopefully get a win.

Code:
161 Words