Create Account

S59 Awards Show

First up, we have the Aidan Richan Trophy, given to the league's most improved player.

Before we recognize our finalists, I've taken liberties to want to recognize the other lovely players who got nominations but fell short of a finalist spot. So sweet, I know.

Honorable mention to Joseph Weston, who had a 17 point jump this season in a breakout campaign for Calgary. Congrats @ACapitalChicago for a great year! Dragons

Now back to the finalists.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Our finalists for the Richan are...

Stampede F Aron Hernadivic @fishy Stampede
32-61-93, +39, 20 PPP, 316 SOG
Hernadivic had a disappointing S58, finishing with only 12-22-34. In S59, all bets were off as he stormed out to a 59-point improvement on his previous campaign. The next highest point improvement in the league? +29. He went from ineffective to a leading MVP candidate for the Stampede, finishing 3rd in league scoring.

Argonauts G Thor Odinson @feeler Argonauts
47 GP, 27-16-3, 0.921 SV%, 2.22 GAA, 7 SHO
Went from one of the league’s worst starting goalies in S58 to have a very strong season for Seattle. Gained 7 more wins, 13 fewer losses, 7 more shutouts, improved his GAA by 1.44, and upped SV% by 2.9% (0.892 to 0.921) and a full 10 GR spike. His GSAA also jumped from -24.98 in S58 to +12.45 in S59.

Panthers F Vorian Atreides @OrbitingDeath Panthers 
26-53-79, +15, 13 PPP, 216 SOG
The shifts of key players like Michael Fox and Keith Lee from forward to defense, Atreides was relied on to be the major playmaker in the Panthers’ forward core. He performed admirably, finishing 6th in league scoring with 79 points. This was a 24-point improvement on his S58 campaign.

And the winner is....

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

ARON HERNADIVIC!!!!

The Stampede forward stomped over the competition. His +59 spike was, frankly, ridiculous. It was nearly double the 2nd place, at +29 points. Hernadivic captured 7 of the 9 first place votes from the committee on his way to winning this award.

Congrats @fishy

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

Next up, it's time to give some credit for the most dedicated users on the site, our nominees for the Damian Littleton Trophy.

A lot of people do great work on the site and go unrecognized. Before we talk about our finalists, I wanted to shout out two honorable mentions.

@luketd does a little bit of everything for the site. He's our usually flawless Co-Commissioner (we won't talk about his goof this morning), and also amazing head of the Historian team. Much of the behind the scenes work for the site occurs at the hands of Mr. Luke.

Second, I personally believe we can't give @BadWolf enough shout outs for the work she does as SMJHL Commissioner. Prior to her tenure, the SMJHL Head Office was a mess. She has done good work to steadily improve the way the site works each season, usually to little fanfare. She also does good work with the Auditing team. Thanks for what you do, BW!

Now onto the main event.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

This season is a little different. For the Littleton, we didn't come up with a list of finalists. We felt it would be unfair to have anyone else try to compete with our winner.

"Why?" I hear some people asking. I'll tell ya. You may have heard we got a new index this season. It's quite nice, and the team keeps working on improving it.

This year's Damian Littleton Award winner is not one person, but a whole team of people who made this happen. Countless hours went into building and testing and other things I'm not smart enough to understanding to make this index possible. The entire Index team are the winners this season! Many of us genuinely cannot do what you did, and we appreciate the labor you put in to make this long term project happen!

Congrats @DrunkenTeddy @esilverm @grok @kenvald @"luketd"!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

AYYYYYY INDEX TEAM

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

INDEX TEAM LESGO

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Next up, we have the John Mcbride, awarded to the league's best goalie.

We had no honorable mentions this season, so I'll jump right into our finalists!

Panthers Knox Booth @Tate Panthers
54 GP 25-24-5, 0.923 SV%, 2.96 GAA, 5 SHO, 24.565 GSAA, 38.46 SA/G
Booth faced over 2000 shots and managed a 0.923 SV% with 5 shutouts. He finished third in the league with over 24.5 goals saved above average. Booth was important to bailing LAP’s inexperienced depth players out all season.

pride Nicolae Antonescu @Rancidbudgie pride
53 GP 23-22-4, 0.926 SV%, 2.97 GAA, 3 SHO, 29.499 GSAA, 38.1 SA/G
Antonescu’s continued development must feel like a good thing for the Pride. As a sophomore, he had a great save percentage (his SV% was best among starting goalies) while facing a ton of shots (over 38 shots per game) with a horrible defense in front of him. This, as well as his league leading 29.499 GSAA, is a major reason for many San Francisco wins this season.

Stars Harry Carpet @Carpy48 Stars
54 GP, 38-13-3, 0.925 SV%, 2.4 GAA, 8 SHO, 24.441 GSAA, 32.19 SA/G
Carpet continues to be one of the best goalies in the league. He has a superb goals against average and save percentage (2nd among starters) and also racked up a solid amount of his team’s win while playing in the toughest division in the league in the Great Lakes. While they fell short of a playoff berth, Carpet isn’t to blame.

Renegades Cillian Kavanagh @takethehorizon Renegades
42 GP, 30-10-2, 0.923 SV%, 2.16 GAA, 8 SHO, 13.59 GSAA, 28.02 SA/G
8 shutouts in only 42 starts is pretty incredible. His save percentage and GAA were top tier, as well. He didn’t have the workload of his fellow nominees, but Kavanagh did great work with the starts he did get for the Renegades. His 30 wins was 5th best in the league (and he did it in 12 fewer starts) and his GAA led all starters.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

And our winner is....

HARRY CARPET!!!! @Carpy48

This was a good season for goalies, and Carpet stood atop the mound as the best this year. Congrats!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

06-18-2021, 08:29 PMhhh81 Wrote: Next up, it's time to give some credit for the most dedicated users on the site, our nominees for the Damian Littleton Trophy.

A lot of people do great work on the site and go unrecognized. Before we talk about our finalists, I wanted to shout out two honorable mentions.

@luketd does a little bit of everything for the site. He's our usually flawless Co-Commissioner (we won't talk about his goof this morning), and also amazing head of the Historian team. Much of the behind the scenes work for the site occurs at the hands of Mr. Luke.

Second, I personally believe we can't give @BadWolf enough shout outs for the work she does as SMJHL Commissioner. Prior to her tenure, the SMJHL Head Office was a mess. She has done good work to steadily improve the way the site works each season, usually to little fanfare. She also does good work with the Auditing team. Thanks for what you do, BW!

Now onto the main event.
Thank you, this really means a lot <3

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Hmmm, what shall we do next?

Do we want the defenseman awards next, or the coach/GM awards?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

honestly take me off the index team. I didnt do anything. All love to hte real ones

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

CARP CARP CARP

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

06-18-2021, 08:42 PMluketd Wrote: honestly take me off the index team. I didnt do anything. All love to hte real ones
As you wish.

Luke is hereby not included in the Index Team. He did nothing. New Jersey isn't a real place and it's pork roll.

More love to the rest of the above group!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors