Create Account

S59 Awards Show

Before I announce the winner, I want to remind the community that the Uppercut tends to award teams that are active and making moves that season. Currently, as constructed, it doesn't always do a great job of recognizing slow, steady, positive improvement say, 5 seasons ago, that's now paying off with, say, a Challenge Cup. We're aware of this, and I even brought up a discussion on how we might reconceptualize the award moving forward to better factor those sort of small but positive steps that eventually flower into a good team.

This isn't an award for the 3 best teams each season, nor should it be. I think that would be super boring. We also should make sure that we're recognizing those sorts of teams/duos as well, because that's worth celebrating! We'll see what happens; I'm not in charge and am but one of a few voters, so I don't have despotic control. That's probably for the best. Smile

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.

With that concluded, our winner!

We didn't have a lot of unanimous votes this season.

This was one.

Congrats to @notorioustig and @grok for stealing everyone's lunch money last offseason and then making the playoffs. Long live the Good Ship Argo. Argonauts

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

06-18-2021, 09:22 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote:
06-18-2021, 09:21 PMhhh81 Wrote: Next up is the Lance Uppercut. Yes, that is uppercut, as in the thing some of you might want to do to me right now. It's also the award for the Best General Manger duo for the season.

I said this wasn't going to go @fishy hosting levels of spicy. Maybe it will. :shrug:

BRING BACK THE FISH SHOW!

Id rather commit sudoku than host another awards show

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2021, 09:29 PM by RedCapeDiver.)

06-18-2021, 09:26 PMhhh81 Wrote: Before I announce the winner, I want to remind the community that the Uppercut tends to award teams that are active and making moves that season. Currently, as constructed, it doesn't always do a great job of recognizing slow, steady, positive improvement say, 5 seasons ago, that's now paying off with, say, a Challenge Cup. We're aware of this, and I even brought up a discussion on how we might reconceptualize the award moving forward to better factor those sort of small but positive steps that eventually flower into a good team.

This isn't an award for the 3 best teams each season, nor should it be. I think that would be super boring. We also should make sure that we're recognizing those sorts of teams/duos as well, because that's worth celebrating! We'll see what happens; I'm not in charge and am but one of a few voters, so I don't have despotic control. That's probably for the best. Smile
[Image: Z.png]

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

WEWEWEWEW

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2021, 09:30 PM by RedCapeDiver.)

awkward double post

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

06-18-2021, 09:29 PMRedCapeDiver Wrote: awkward double post
But a needed one

Next up, the Jeff Dar, for the best Two-Way Forward in the league.

Honorable mention to Aron Hernadivic of Buffalo for doing the good good things. We honor you, we appreciate you, we respect you. You just didn't get enough to be a finalist bb.

For the finalists:
Inferno Eko Van Otter @hotdog Inferno
29-41-70, 17 PPP, 246 SOG, 159 hits, 44 TkA (+1), 65 SB, 23:30 TOI, 4:10 special teams time per game
After a red hot start to their time in the league, the Inferno fell down to earth in S59. That didn’t slow EVO, though. The S57 winner of this award put up another outstanding season in all situations for Atlanta.

pride Henrik Lekberg Osterman @Thatguy91 pride
20-43-63, 13 PPP, 172 SOG, 113 hits, 50 TkA (+32), 136 SB, 22:58 TOI, 4:01 special teams time per game
HLO was a force at both end of the ice. His 50 takeaways led all forwards in the league, and his 2.778 T-G ratio was nearly unfathomable; he was first by a fair margin and the only forward in the top 15 leaguewide. Offensively, HLO put up another solid campaign as a playmaker, helping winger Sven Svenson achieve a 30 goal season for the first time. As the Pride continue to grow and develop, HLO factors in as a major piece in their success.
Dragons Boris Poroshenko @The__Y-man__100 Dragons
24-36-60, 8 PPP, 236 SOG, 19 TkA (-30), 54 SB, 404 hits, 20:05 TOI, 1:16 special teams time
He hits, he skates, he hits, he scores, he hits. Poroshenko felt little empathy for the many people he knocked off their skates this season. His 404 hits isn’t an error on your computer screen; the dude just flat out leveled guys. While his defensive stats and scoring aren’t up to his fellow finalists, the committee felt his season was worth recognizing.
Dragons Esa Parmborg @Steelhead77 :dragons:
25-34-59, 9 PPP, 255 SOG, 124 hits, 29 TkA (-7), 118 SB, 22:28 TOI, 4:01 special teams time per game
Parmborg didn’t put up the points of fellow Dragons Joseph Weston or Barry Batsbak, but he was relied on as a top defensive forward with the top PK unit, as well as the top PP unit for Calgary. He had a quality season across the board.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

This was very close, with just two votes separating first and second.

Thank you for your time and congrats again to the Dragons contingent. Neither Poroshenko or Parmborg are your S59 Jeff Dar winner.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

It comes down to EVO and HLO

@hotdog you've been here before. We gotta stop meeting like this.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

And your Dar winner is....

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

HENRIK LEKBERG OSTERMAN @Thatguy91!!!!

CONGRATS! The Pride goes wild!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

06-18-2021, 08:44 PMgrok Wrote:
06-18-2021, 08:42 PMluketd Wrote: honestly take me off the index team. I didnt do anything. All love to hte real ones

you spent like twenty hours in discord calls with me while i futzed with the database code, take your trophy

No Smile

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I am quite excited for this next award. Oh, you have no idea.

Next up is the Ryan Jesster Trophy, given to the Rookie of the Year.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

Our sole honorable mention goes to "Long" John Donair of the Los Angeles Panthers Panthers @GCool As one nominee wrote:

Long John was "4th in scoring right alongside the others while playing under 14 mpg; FAR more efficient than the players above him playing 18+ minutes per night. Every other rookie in the top 10 played at least 1:30 more per game than Donair did."

That's quite impressive. Unfortunately, not enough for a finalist slot.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors