Create Account

From the Intern's desk: some sappy stuff

From the intern's desk:

This is going to be a long rambling bunch of text but bear with me please. Jack Micro is currently entering his 3rd season in this league and his third season in Anaheim (and what could be his last depending on call-ups) and while he has not managed to win a playoff series in his 2 seasons and I changed his look twice now I am currently fine with how he is performing. He went from a support player that was not used much in his first season and now even getting a single goal to improving a crap ton and getting a few goals and a lot more assists in his second year.

This season I was nominated for the Most Dedicated Member Award but ultimately lost it to the guy who made the new index which I find kind of unfair. Why was I put in this category and had to compete against the guy who makes the index! Heh just kidding DrukenTeddy I appreciate you a whole lot. The new index might honestly be the best of the Big Three. That is SHL, PBE and ISFL by the way. It certainly looks the best, with the PBE one being second best followed by ISFL of those three. But back on topic, I did not do much in terms of media this season outside of a short podcast because I just couldn't think of what to do in terms of media.

How I supplemented my income was applying for a job as a SMJHL HO intern. I applied for the job not exactly knowing if I would get it. Before that I was a WJC GM for a season where we didn't get a medal but that was my only job in this league before I was an intern. But I was happy to take the job and after a rough start getting to know the ins and outs of the job I settled in with my partner Zoot. Our main job was approving players amd warning new creates about various things in thier builds. We decided to split the approvals with each one of us doing one and another one of us doing the next and so on and so forth.

We have faced many bumps since then especially with warning players about builds but I think me and Zoot have become quite a duo doing this stuff. I also get to see into the behind the scenes process which is pretty cool. I am lucky that I have a lot of patience doing this job because some of the creation mistakes just makes me frustrated. But honestly I am extremely appreciative of the job and I am very glad that I applied for it on the whim that I did. I very sure that my Most Dedicated nom was at least in part because of my work as an intern. Thanks Zoot by the way for helping me and being an anchor as my partner during this job. I do not think I would have been able to do it all myself.

In the S59 SHL draft I was drafted late 2nd round by the New England Wolfpack who my SMJHL GM Ace is very much involved with. Ace is the whole reason I came back to the SHL as I wanted to support him in his new GM job though I would have played for any SMJHL team that drafted me. It was just fate that I was drafted by the Anaheim Outlaws in 40 or 50 range of picks. The point is that I was drafted extremely late in the SMJHL and was drafted late in the SHL but I think I have done very well for myself despite that. I have to thank Ace for seeing so much in me that he was involved with drafting me both times.

I also have to thank a lot of my Anaheim Outlaws teammates. No matter what people say about them I love each of them. Valor has redeemed himself nicely after the mess of going undrafted in S59 and I have to wish him the best of luck in Manhattan. I know that I have not always been the easiest guy to get along with in that locker room so I am very happy that you all still love and accept me. I just hope I can reward that patience if we win the 4 Star Cup. We got a good chance this season and I do not think we will be swept out of the first round again. Yes I am still mad at that because it was kind of embarrassing. But regardless there are a lot good people in the locker room and they deserve some success.

The guys in the New England Wolfpack locker room are also great. They have just awarded me the Sasha Dangelcheck Award and I cannot be more thankful for that honor. Being compared to someone like that is just amazing and I thank them so much. Teammates like Bayley, Ace, Top Cheddar and my GMs 39Alaska and Yakshaft have been extremely nice to me and I am excited to be playing with them soon. I really want to reward thier faith in me with a Challenge Cup soon. You know I have some issues with the SHL but guys like these keep me going and working towards my goals.

Now Ace I know I have not been the best player. I have complained a lot and gotten emotional quite a bit. But I am just an emotional and passionate guy and I really want to be successful. I really do care about both of these teams and I really want to lift banners for them. So Ace thank you for your patience. You've been a pleasure ever since we met in the London Royals locker room in the ISFL and you definitely deserved a higher pick then the 3rd round in the ISFL but I am extremely happy to be working with you boss.

Thank you all for reading all of this sappy stuff. I am very glad to let out all of this emotion and I am very happy to get on the ice with Anaheim again this upcoming season. I hope to see you all on the ice!

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Love you WFM Smile

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Good read, keep it up, you deserved the award!

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Thanks for being a great Intern partner!

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France