Create Account

S60 SMJHL PT #2 - Tactical meeting

PBE Affiliate

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]

The Anaheim coaching staff was impressed enough with Grogu's performance in pre-season that he earned his spot in the lineup. Being a rookie on a team with a lot of capped players means he won't get much special teams play, but he showed that he can score with 3 goals and a positive +/- rating in the 7 game warm-up. This gives the coaches confidence that he can be relied upon to chip in when needed, but also can play responsible defensively, and for a 4th line role, that is what they want to see. For the regular season, the coaches said that he would be given more ice time, and also would move a couple of strong veteran wingers to the 4th line to provide a more balanced approach to the roster. The rookie season is one for development, so this will help shelter Grogu as he continues to work hard to improve, so that when it is his turn to be a vet, he can find himself moving up the depth chart. When the coaches have confidence in the player, it helps the player have confidence, too. Grogu will do his best to earn that confidence and trust and apply himself to being a good role player for the team!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

[Image: EoChyHV.jpg]

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

PBE affiliate

Our defensive line is a bunch of hard hitting, mean mugging, frosty skating sons of bitches. I have the utmost faith that our defense will make every LW, RW, and C work to get even close to me. I haven't looked at the stats but if I had to wager a guess, I would say that we are near the top of the league in penalties. Melvin the moose has been a fantastic enforcer and I hope they keep it up (but maybe with less penalties). I fit into these tactics because I am the backbone of the defense. The quarterback of this fearsome unit. I am making callouts, fixing positioning, and running the show all on the fly while we are out there. Hopefully our offense can keep on improving and work on getting shots on goal. Once we figure that out, Nevada will be a force to be reckoned with.

153 words

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

Even with a roster full of Rookies, Duncan Mackenzie will have to work his way up from the bottom and earn his time. The preseason was rough and the level of play is significantly higher than in DMack's younger years or the prospect tournament. Mackenzie was left shell-shocked after a rough first outing and hasn't quite found his feet yet.

Sitting with the other forwards on the fourth line, the message from the coach is everything Duncan Mackenzie could want to hear: HIT SOMEBODY! Nothing fancy, no showboating. Get the puck in deep, hard on the forecheck, hit them, pin them, then get to the front of the net to find some garbage. The implication to keep it clean and stay out of the box is there, but not explicitly said. No one has explicitly told him not to fight...

Every opportunity is there for advancement through the roster. Hard work, consistent training and a positive attitude are a must for the whole team and DMack will be looking to prove he is worthy of a move into the top 6 by Mid-Season.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

"put it in the corner..." Stone tells his line mates. Most of them look at him with confusion as they prefer to display their passing abilities sending the puck tape to tape. Sam Stone knows the defense can read and react quickly to plays entering the zone and rather then getting stripped or intercepted mid Ice he prefers to win the corner battles using his strength and balance. Dump and chase is the name of Sams game, his grinder mindset and strong physical presence allows him to come out of the corner with the pucks 9 times out of 10. His wingers are encouraged to get pass the redline and dump the puck, opposing teams should look out for Sam Stone barreling into the corner as he creates the space for himself and gets pucks to the front of the net for his line mates to deposit in the net.

[150 words]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Well to be honest I'm not sure what we're doing as a whole team. I don't have to pay attention to the rest of the squad, I just have to worry about my line. I'm on the 3rd line so we're playing pretty defensive right now. Everyone is really young on the team so our game plan in general is to try to play really well defensively and try to get our top line to score the bulk of our goals. It might not be super fun to play or watch but it's what's going to allow us to win the most games this season that we can. Coach gave me specific instructions to be the shooter on our line. I'm not gonna be getting much power player or penalty kill time but I expect to be able to put up some big numbers this season in terms of goals. I'm hoping to get at least 15 goals. Although at this point my main goal is to just not be a minus player at the end of the season... -5 already. Yikes.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

PBE Affiliate

The tactical setup for my line is simple. Hit and hit often. We are the disruptors of the game, toss your skill players out against our 4th line and expect for them to get lit up on the boards. We aren't as strong defensively as I would like but physically you won't find a better line of rookies. We are the young Power Forwards being centered by an offensive mind that rivals even the highest tier veterans. My specific role is simple. On the defensive end I need to get in the passing lanes, shooting lanes, and lay the body if I get the chance. Offensively I am best used in the corners and standing in front of the next with my 6'5 frame to keep the goalie guessing on where the puck is. My goals for this season have been tempered for sure but I am hoping to be a + player on the 4th line along with hopefully getting to double digit goals to help the team win as many games as possible this season.

Well we gotta have four lines banging, banging bodies all night long, gettin pucks out and keeping it simple. It's important for us to stay out of the box, play a disciplined game out there, try not to get frustrated and let the other guys get under our skin, just keep in mind that our job is to get pucks deep, get pucks on net and win some hockey games. We're gonna focus on doing the little things right and finding those holes, finding those opportunities. and making sure we capitalize on them. I know for Gabe Gooney Waters Harrak his goal his definitely to hustle and to work hard, battle in the corners and get off to a good start. Defensively we wanna just get it out, clear the zone, get it out high off the glass and break up those chances. We've got a good group of guys in this room we just gotta get out there and win some hockey games.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

ISFL affiliate

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

[Image: Screen_Shot_2021-06-26_at_11.37.54_PM.png]

Just a towel Grindin.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Petr is now playing for the Kelowna Knights. Everyone is still new to me, but I will get to know them and they will help me achieve my goal of putting Czechia at the very top! My Czech brothers have helped me settle in and assert myself as I had missed pre-season, a valuable time to find one's place in a team. In the few practices I've had before the season, and since the season has started, I've begun to learn the systems. The Knight's run a more methodical and defensive game than I am used to, and it may take some time to adjust. I will find my opportunity to scor gol though, as our offensive zone systems are made for players like me trying to get open, cycle the puck a little, and then finding the perfect open lane, and our forechecking harasses the opponents in their own zone, allowing us to potentially catch them with their pants down, as they say. Overall, there are some things I have yet to learn, as I'd still prefer all-out attack, but my time will come.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

You think I have ever cared about what my line has been deployed to do? No, not even once. I go out there each night to play my game, and my game is to shut down the opposing scorers and allow our scorers ample opportunities to do what they are brought into the lineup to do and that is score goals on the daily. I do not think you understand, I'm a generational defensemen and I've been brought here to do what I know how to do.. The best kind of coach is there to recognize what I can do on the ice and take advantage of my strengths and hide my weaknesses, put me with an offensive juggernaught on my otherside, I do not care I will cover both sides of the ice defensively because that is what I am good at. At the end of the day I am there to play my style of hockey and my style of hockey only.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]