Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #1 - Burrow and Hopkins(QCC new kids on the block)
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2021, 02:33 PM by leafs1997.)

I am going to be writing my deep dive on my good teammate and friend, Jeff Hopkins, and his performance so far this preseason. Before I get started, I know it is just preseason and it is not a very big deal but it was our debuts so I figured it would be a good time to talk about it some and recap it. I will also try to write a bit about my performance although it was a bit lackluster. Jeff and I signed for the Quebec City Citadelles a few days ago after going undrafted in the SMJHL draft. Going into the preseason we had high hopes and were hopeful we could have a good preseason. We ended up going 1-4 which was a bit disappointing but we we understood it was just the preseason and that we were trying to find our groove. Looking back at it I got more playtime then Jeff but I was also trying to adjust to a new position on a new line in a new league. In College I played Center and mainly played on the first but now I was playing on the 3rd or 4th line and was playing Left Wing. My main goal was to be able to produce opportunities for my teammates and hoping they could produce. I ended up with an assist in a 6-3 win and I had 2 shots on goal but was unable to put them away. I ended up playing about 16 minutes and was happy with my performance and glad we got the 6-3 win! Jeff had a quiet night, didnt record a point and only played about 9 minutes but he showed a lot of potential and just needs an opportunity. Game two was not the result we wanted, a 4-2 loss, Jeff had another quiet night on the ice. He played even less than he did the first game and did not record a point but he once again showed lots of potential and I still believe if he is given the opportunity he will succeed. I also had a rough night, did not have a point and only had 2 shots on goal but at the end of the day I am still trying to find my groove. I played 13 minutes that night and was hoping to record a goal but at the end of the day, whats done is done and we have to bounce back. Sadly we did not bounce back the way we wanted. Game 3 was a 5-1 loss.Jeff played a bit more(about 11 minutes) and did not record a goal. Joe Burrow played 12 minutes and also did not record a point. A loss this bad was really disappointing and now we have to bounce back in our final two games before the season. Game 4 was pretty bad, neither Jeff or I recorded a point and through  games we had a total of one point so thats fun! Game 5 was another loss but on the bright side Jeff and I played well and we had a strong connection on the ice. We had been getting to know each other in the locker room but on the ice we were quiet. Until it happened, Burrow catches Hopkins racing down the side and dishes him the puck, Hopkins sets his eye on the goal and fires it behind the goalie into the back of the net. We lost again but that was a big moment for us and I am glad we got to share that!

Code:
596 words

@LSUFAN101 GRADED! +5 TPE