Create Account

Secret Thread. Dont Look

raiders

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2021, 06:33 PM by Pingy Pingu.)

hey can we have penguin city thrashers

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

[Image: HDTHIIQPERDOVHQRTPXNIH45ME.jpg]

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

06-23-2021, 05:58 PMLeoben Wrote: raiders

Yeahthat

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

06-23-2021, 05:44 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:
06-23-2021, 05:30 PMSimply Incorrect Wrote: Yeah I don’t think that’s going to kill activity here.

Not kill but there was a huge spike at the start of the pandemic and people are already becoming less active or completely inactive because of the end of the pandemic.

Is it the chicken or the egg, though? While the SHL has obviously never had to deal with a pandemic before, it is the natural progression for almost every user on the site to become less active or completely inactive over time. The Tomens, Teddys and Lukes are the exceptions, not the rule.

If it weren't for the pandemic, a lot of those same people would have still seen their interest wane. Maybe they stay busier at work, get a promotion, and lose free time that way. Maybe they find a new SO on Hinge. Maybe they find a much cooler hobby, like underwater basket weaving.

Either way, the people who would have joined around that time should be on their way out of the SMJHL regardless, which is the focus of this expansion. If you still need room for more players with those people gone, and you know a Reddit draft is coming? Expansion seems like a no-brainer to me.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

06-24-2021, 12:26 AMztevans Wrote:
06-23-2021, 05:44 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: Not kill but there was a huge spike at the start of the pandemic and people are already becoming less active or completely inactive because of the end of the pandemic.

Is it the chicken or the egg, though? While the SHL has obviously never had to deal with a pandemic before, it is the natural progression for almost every user on the site to become less active or completely inactive over time.  The Tomens, Teddys and Lukes are the exceptions, not the rule. 

If it weren't for the pandemic, a lot of those same people would have still seen their interest wane.  Maybe they stay busier at work, get a promotion, and lose free time that way.  Maybe they find a new SO on Hinge.  Maybe they find a much cooler hobby, like underwater basket weaving. 

Either way, the people who would have joined around that time should be on their way out of the SMJHL regardless, which is the focus of this expansion.  If you still need room for more players with those people gone, and you know a Reddit draft is coming?  Expansion seems like a no-brainer to me.

1. People are specifically saying they are less active because of work and school taking off.

2. Sure, retention from the early pandemic drafts is still high, but it's not a factor that can just be ignored. I don't have a problem with planning a J expansion but there are a huge number if factors that likely have nkt been accurately accounted for.

3. We just had a scale change specifically to help player get called up before aging out. Also any IA player not in the shl this season will now be completely useless due to this scale change so any retirement or any player crossing the tpe level of an IA in a teams system will be called up. Expanding isn't a no brainer but GMs should be in place in case.

06-24-2021, 05:39 AMgolden_apricot Wrote:
06-24-2021, 12:26 AMztevans Wrote: Is it the chicken or the egg, though? While the SHL has obviously never had to deal with a pandemic before, it is the natural progression for almost every user on the site to become less active or completely inactive over time.  The Tomens, Teddys and Lukes are the exceptions, not the rule. 

If it weren't for the pandemic, a lot of those same people would have still seen their interest wane.  Maybe they stay busier at work, get a promotion, and lose free time that way.  Maybe they find a new SO on Hinge.  Maybe they find a much cooler hobby, like underwater basket weaving. 

Either way, the people who would have joined around that time should be on their way out of the SMJHL regardless, which is the focus of this expansion.  If you still need room for more players with those people gone, and you know a Reddit draft is coming?  Expansion seems like a no-brainer to me.

1. People are specifically saying they are less active because of work and school taking off.

2. Sure, retention from the early pandemic drafts is still high, but it's not a factor that can just be ignored. I don't have a problem with planning a J expansion but there are a huge number if factors that likely have nkt been accurately accounted for.

3. We just had a scale change specifically to help player get called up before aging out. Also any IA player not in the shl this season will now be completely useless due to this scale change so any retirement or any player crossing the tpe level of an IA in a teams system will be called up. Expanding isn't a no brainer but GMs should be in place in case.
We have talked in great detail about call ups, but at the end of the day, we have so many actives. We can expand with no growth and still be sitting comfortably. There is a case that Reddit could not go as planned and we see increased call ups (which didn’t happen this season). But we are confident that even in that situation, we are fine. Worst case we have IAs on the bottom line and the rookies get more playing time. I personally could not find a downside to expansion at the moment. It has been something we have discussed for quite some time and we are ready. I do value your input however, cause I could have easily overlooked something.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

06-24-2021, 11:28 AMBadWolf Wrote:
06-24-2021, 05:39 AMgolden_apricot Wrote: 1. People are specifically saying they are less active because of work and school taking off.

We have talked in great detail about call ups, but at the end of the day, we have so many actives. We can expand with no growth and still be sitting comfortably. There is a case that Reddit could not go as planned and we see increased call ups (which didn’t happen this season). But we are confident that even in that situation, we are fine. Worst case we have IAs on the bottom line and the rookies get more playing time. I personally could not find a downside to expansion at the moment. It has been something we have discussed for quite some time and we are ready. I do value your input however, cause I could have easily overlooked something.

Ya i dont disagree entirely, without the numbers i dont really have a leg to stand on but we might be hoping for a larger class or two to sustain a 13th and 14th team (unless you opt for 17 person rosters which also would work). Other option would be 22 person rosters but not sure that actually would be more helpful than adding two teams and contracting rosters a bit if needed.

06-24-2021, 11:47 AMgolden_apricot Wrote:
06-24-2021, 11:28 AMBadWolf Wrote: We have talked in great detail about call ups, but at the end of the day, we have so many actives. We can expand with no growth and still be sitting comfortably. There is a case that Reddit could not go as planned and we see increased call ups (which didn’t happen this season). But we are confident that even in that situation, we are fine. Worst case we have IAs on the bottom line and the rookies get more playing time. I personally could not find a downside to expansion at the moment. It has been something we have discussed for quite some time and we are ready. I do value your input however, cause I could have easily overlooked something.

Ya i dont disagree entirely, without the numbers i dont really have a leg to stand on but we might be hoping for a larger class or two to sustain a 13th and 14th team (unless you opt for 17 person rosters which also would work). Other option would be 22 person rosters but not sure that actually would be more helpful than adding two teams and contracting rosters a bit if needed.
We ran the numbers and are pretty confident that we could sustain the teams without Reddit. Our teams are very full. We ran numbers again last night and had 11 IA skaters (based on 14 days without logging in). That’s not a completely accurate look, but gives an idea of what we are looking at. And those are great options you brought up if we need them.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

So, I'm bumping this because we've had to move the GM announcement date back to a week instead of 3 days. We hope to announce our decisions by July 16th at 11:59 PM ET.

I'm admitting full responsibility for this as I'm the one who suggested the original timeline, I completely underestimated how difficult this would be. I apologize for this delay wholeheartedly, and if you have complaints please direct them at or towards me and me alone. For those of you whom I've mention this you already know, but we have received an incredible amount of fantastic applications. This is by far, without a doubt, the hardest decision I and many other members of J HO have ever had to make. We hope to get our initial deliberations done as soon as possible so we can discuss further questions with some of our applicants. While we have very many that would succeed in these roles, as it stands we can only select two and we must choose the best two. Thank you everyone for your patience, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, we're more than happy to hear them.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

07-11-2021, 08:18 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: So, I'm bumping this because we've had to move the GM announcement date back to a week instead of 3 days. We hope to announce our decisions by July 16th at 11:59 PM ET.

I'm admitting full responsibility for this as I'm the one who suggested the original timeline, I completely underestimated how difficult this would be. I apologize for this delay wholeheartedly, and if you have complaints please direct them at or towards me and me alone. For those of you whom I've mention this you already know, but we have received an incredible amount of fantastic applications. This is by far, without a doubt, the hardest decision I and many other members of J HO have ever had to make. We hope to get our initial deliberations done as soon as possible so we can discuss further questions with some of our applicants. While we have very many that would succeed in these roles, as it stands we can only select two and we must choose the best two. Thank you everyone for your patience, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, we're more than happy to hear them.

Oh

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

07-11-2021, 08:18 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: So, I'm bumping this because we've had to move the GM announcement date back to a week instead of 3 days. We hope to announce our decisions by July 16th at 11:59 PM ET.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 4ZiQGNg.gif?noredirect]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

YOU'RE A BUM!

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska