Create Account

S60 SMJHL Draft Interview #2
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2021, 08:07 PM by EsAmYk.)

Welcome, I'm Matt, and I will be conducting interviews with the S60 SMJHL Draft Class. With S60 being one of the bigger draft classes, I hope to do lots of interviews with the draftees. I hope you enjoy this series.

Matt: Today we have Patya Perevalov (@natedoeshockey), a hockey player who played in Russia before coming over here to North America. Thanks for coming to this interview Patya. Would you mind sharing a little bit about yourself?

Patya: Patya am from Omsk coming, am being of coming from Russia much proud. Am been told am offense master! Am of many offense skills having. Patya am wanting scoring much! Am play now the hockey for octopussy mans!

Matt: And what offensive position do you play?

Patya: Patya am play on wing of right

Matt: So what is it like being in the US? How much different is it than Russia?

Patya: Patya am like this question. Patya am in Russia great superstar. Patya am have fans many. Am win Gagarin Cup! Am as famous almost much as Putin, best of player the hockey! In US, Patya not fans so many. Am for going out having more ability. Am much undercover. Am like spy of Russia great KGB!

Matt: Knowing you are from Russia, I realize that hockey is in your blood. What was your very first experience with hockey, whether that was playing it or watching it?

Patya: Vitali am Patya father. Vitali am show much greats as boy Patya – Mogilny, Bure, Zubov, Gonchar, Datsyuk. At time when am turn years of 3, Father am for me give skate of number first. Father am say Patya much fast, am be future star. When Patya am turn years of 5, am join first league of the hockey. Game of number first am score many goal! Number of 5! Am have much assist! Number of 2! This for Patya experience of first with the hockey. Am set record for league of peewee from Omsk. Am almost having per game number of 5 point!

Matt: Fantastic! That’s amazing! Now, I think it’s time for a little break. From behind the curtain, takes out 2 plates: one of Pirozhki and the other of Shashlik. I hope this reminds you a bit of home.

Patya: Ah! Patya am gesture much surprising! Any Pelmeni having for Patya?

Matt: Unfortunately not. I wasn’t quite sure what your favorite was, so I guessed.

Patya: Is okay. Patya am much enjoying from home food! Where from is food buying? Patya am needing much place for food of Russia.
Matt: It’s homemade from some recipes I found online

Patya: WOWEE! Am bring Patya food which come from home? PATYA TIME!

Matt: Well I appreciate that I did a really good job at cooking them.

Patya: Continues scarfing down the food. Am taste to Patya of many delicious! Finishes filling belly. Patya am much full! Am many happies! Patya am make new friend!

Matt: Well I always appreciate making new friends! You ready to continue?

Patya: Patya am much ready.

Matt: Okay, so, what are some goals you have for this season? How about next season?

Patya: Patya am have much goals. Patya am for wanting to score many goals, am wanting have many assists, and wanting have many points. Patya am for wanting make team of SMJHL that is all rookies. Patya am also for improvement looking. Am want for player that is better becoming. Patya am for helping octopussy mans division winning. Am for helping for octopussy mans running in playoff. Am for wanting cup of stars of number that is four. Am for wanting champion! Patya am of next season thinking. Patya am wanting for improvement continue. From this season much learning. Knowledge taking into next season. Am for applying knowing to the hockey. Am for just wanting to make octopussy mans many betters.

Matt: With that being said, where do you see yourself 4 or 5 seasons from now?

Patya: Hm, Patya am see self in SHL! Am need much time for star becoming, but am achieve finally Patya dream!

Matt: I remember earlier you said you were a forward. However, if you were required to play out of position, what position would you play?

Patya: Patya am much fasts. Am for goalie wasting speed. Am play defender, but Patya am having learn. Am not so much defense.

Matt: If you were to play a different competitive sport other than hockey, what sport would it be?

Patya: Patya am play maybe the football. In America called… sucker? This sport much big in Russia. Russia am having Premier League.

Matt: Almost done here. If there was any advice you could give to future SMJHL draftees, what advice would you give them?

Patya: Patya am say… be hard trying, be best doing, am giving percent that is one-hundred, and am thankful being, all people are not be making it far as this.

Matt: Is there anything else you’d like to say before we wrap this up? Any comments or questions?

Patya: Am thanking much for you today. Remember for follow on twitter @patyaperevalov for much tweeting. Am hope day of yours much good as day of Patya!

Matt: Indeed. I wish you and your team good luck in the seasons to come, and look forward to the possibility of interviewing you again.

Patya: Patya am open always for much interview. Am thanking you for wishes. Am enjoy much this talking!