Create Account

[FHN] Presents: The Best Names in the SHL Round 2 Results
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 10:59 AM by PremierBromanov.)

Ready for grading

After a long haitus we are back in action baby. It was due to real life circumstances and not the fact that I totally forgot.

If you're new around these parts, we are establishing, nay, defining the best names in the SHL as voted on by you lovely people.

The brackets are here

Main Skaters
https://challonge.com/o7es1pb0
Goalies + Extra Skaters
https://challonge.com/osxeudo2

Be sure to vote in both. Unfortunately, you do need to sign up to vote. Can't do anything about that. Without further ado, THE RESULTS

Biggest Winners

Eko Van Otter (90%) vs Barret Blackwood (10%)

EVO unsurprisingly took home another win after their big win over Burlok Sulfurgold (88% to 12%), but I think the lead that EVO managed to over Barret wasn't expected. Eko is a fan favorite and easily abbreviatable and for that reason i think EVO could go far in this tournament.

Karl Krashwagen (94%) vs Frederick Wanesly (6%)

Karl Krashwagen laid another butt-fucking on his bracket with a plus-90 win for the second time in a row, beating out Wanesly who had a decisive lead of his own last round. A krashwagen is such a powerful image. Krash too should go pretty far. I would venture a guess to say that these two titans meet in the top 32.

Scoochie Stratton (90%) vs William Salming (10%)

Salming enters this tournament in the 2nd round only to meet his demise at the hands of Scoochie. Scoochie is another fan favorite and a goalie name that is nigh-impossible to forget.

Closest Matches

Grape Fruit (50%) vs Joorgustraad DuBolk (50%)

This match is currently undecided and the tie is being broken in a tweet poll which at the time of writing is also tied. This is a real toughie for me as well. I think joorgustraad is such a unique flex on the tongue, but Grape Fruit just has that POW POW two syllable punch. UPDATE: Joorgustraad pulls ahead in a 40/60% twitter poll.

Knute Knurtsson (48%) vs Gunnar Soderberg (52%)

Two unique names meet in the second round and once again Gunnar takes slim lead over his opponent. He faces Dick Clapper next, a man who won decisively over Martijn Westbroek and Phillip Winter.

Mika Mayfield (52%) vs Patrick Twist (48%)

Another heavyweight matchup, i think either of these folks couldve beat just about anyone else, but Mika has that little something else. Personally, I like Patrick Twist

SLATT Potts (48%) vs Andrej Doskocil (52%)

SLATT is an interesting name to me, not one that I firmly grasp and I think this may have been his achilles heel, here. Andrej Doskocil is, imo, not a super strong name but SLATT sort of defeats itself

Results: give them a minute, they're fucking huge

[Image: o7es1pb0.svg]

[Image: osxeudo2.svg]

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

i think JURT is a great name, and it's reasonable that I lost in the 2nd round, but I'm irrationally sad to not have made it further.

We don't have any words and we know you don't want to hear them. We understand your anger, your frustration, your sadness. Everything you're feeling – we get it. This isn't the ending we imagined, and certainly not the one we wanted.

Cool tournament idea, bromanov.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Scoochie is going to be a super tough one to beat.

rigged who cares

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Hmmmm.....I sense a lack of RESOlution

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Tough to not make it deeper but super fun contest!  Ryuuji Minamino all the way

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

How in the world did Donskill make round 3? I say rigged

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]