Create Account

Star-Light: S60 Day Three (late edition)

Good Sunday to you, Star Gang! Sorry for this late reply, but your Keyboard Warrior was locked in the pantry because Luffy was upset I had eaten the last of the Rowdy Ramen. Well, this is going to be a short report as the Toronto North Stars once again only had two games for yesterday's sim. Before yesterday the North Stars had played five games for a three one and one record, good for seven points. They finished the sim five one and one for eleven points, good for second place in the North East Division behind the Hamilton Steelhawks who have a game in hand and are six and two for twelve points, and carry a plus-twenty-five goal differential. Not too shabby. The North Star goal differential sits at a solid plus-twelve, which is two less than the Buffalo Stampede who have played the same number of games but are a point behind.

The Toronto North Stars hosted the Winnipeg Aurora who they defeated one to five while putting fifty shots on goal to the Aurora's nineteen. Harry Carpet had a magnificent game with a point-nine-hundred and forty-seven save percentage. Luffy Richard had an assist and was a plus-three with five shots on goal to put on a nice offensive performance for a defensive defenseman. He has really gotten some confidence at the start of this season which is good to see. I can imagine his coaches and the general manager are excited to be able to see him contribute some offense along with the defensive responsibilities he has been tasked with. He will only continue to grow and might just be the headache the league did not ask for.

The second game saw the North Stars travel to Baltimore to battle it out against the Platoon. Shots were thirty-nine to twenty-eight in favor of the North Stars, but Toronto was massively outhit thirty-two to thirteen. The offensive highlight for the North Stars was the natural hat trick scored by Ola Wagstrom which were his third, fourth, and fifth goals of the year. Luffy Richard got the primary assist on his first goal, so my roommate can attach himself in a small way to this moment in North Stars history. Along with his assist, Luffy was a plus-two with a shot on goal and had a takeaway helping the North Stars keep possession of the puck and driving play out of the defensive zone and into the offensive zone for the devastating charge the North Stars have been known for (as of me typing it). 

And that is the late tale of the scorecard. Luffy Richard has six points in seven games and is a plus-eight. He is only two points behind the other Luffy if anyone is keeping score, and has a shorthanded point, so who is really the winner here in my attempt to pad out the rest of this article? Tomorrow brings new battles and new stories to tell. I hope my roommate can keep up his success because he is in a much better mood lately. He sings a lot. Anyway-- 

Until next time,

Shine On!

(535 words)

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]