Create Account

S60 PT #2: Total Recall

I was approached by an American start up company to promote one of their new products which happens to be a phone. It was a mid-range phone that really nothing special about it and that didn’t offer anything that wasn’t already out there in other phones, except the fact that it had a bigger battery that most of his competitor in the same price range. The promotion consists of a couple social media posts and the company also gave me a phone to give out to one of my followers. My agents told me that we didn’t have anything to lose by going forward with this deal, so I gave it a go. Unfortunately, a few weeks later after I did my giveaway, the phone of the person who ended up winning ended up blowing up while charging on a table and set the thing on fire. He had to use a fire extinguisher to prevent his home from burning down. The company had warned about overheating possibility, but never to this extent.

173 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

I was offered a very good sponsorship when I first joined the league. It was for a bakery that sells French baked goods. It was a great idea! I am from France and love French baked goods! They presented different goods for me to try. They told me I could even name one after me. What would my idea baked good be? One that I could put my name on. Me being me, I didn’t want one good named after me. So I said, name the whole damn thing after me. Go big or go home, right? About 6 months go by and the Jean-Locke baked goods are selling like hot cakes. That is until McDonalds sent a letter saying to stop selling their hot cakes as “Authentic Jean-Locke Crepes.” That’s right. They recalled my Crepes because they were literally hot cakes rolled up with filling in them. The other items that the cafe was selling were also stolen and repurposed from other fast food restaurants. I dropped out of that as fast as I could and never looked back.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

Daniil Nikiforov landed a deal with local company, Old Bay Seasoning, making a special Nikforov branded version of Old Bay. But this special version was supposed to contain both Dill and Tarragon as a nod to Daniil being from Russia. But as people began using the spice they found that the spice mix didn't taste very good. The dill and tarragon didn't mix well with the mixture already used in old bay. Making sure that it wasn't off, they just decided to recall the whole batch. Many of the people trying out the spice mix said that it was like wrapping their crab or shrimp in a "old used sock". So Old Bay has considered rebranding it as the LPLL spice mixture after hearing rumors that the smells coming from his skates matches with what many were tasting with their Nikiforov Spice Blend. Overall the combination of Russian Spice and Fish usually goes together fairly well. But the mixture of common Russian spices and Old Bay seems to be too much for people.

[173 Words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Augustus "The Big Wanger" Wang has been working closely with his premier sponsor and business partner in SHL Kush to develop their brand new product named "Wang". Wang's Wang has been specially formulated to be the dankest strain of kush that the world has ever seen. Insider info has rumored that Wang contains an extreme amount of THC content nearing 1000g of THC per gram. Unfortunately, this is the equivalent of smoking elephant tranquilizer so people were getting too baked off of just a single toke. As a result, SHL Kush was instructed by the Canadian government to issue a recall, but it appears that all of their customers refused to return any of their Wang. For all we know, they could be too baked to even be able to ship it all back to them. At least they saved 20% using code WANG20 on SHLKush.com for their first order of WANG so they can't be that muffed up about it.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

As a long time star player in the Simulation Hockey League, Andreas Kvalheim has his share of sponsorship offers, marketing opportunities or whatever other publicity stunts his agent had brought to him. Normally, his agent and PR person were quite adept at filtering out the legitimate beneficial opportunities from the scams and frauds. But recently, with his Texas Renegades coming off a Challenge Cup win, Andreas had received an sudden influx of these offers, and unfortunately accepted one which turned into a total fiasco and caused his public image to be harmed. Kvalheim had signed on to become the public face of an emerging mattress company which promised to provide customers with a economical yet effective alternative to traditional expensive mattresses by using new and innovative materials. However, soon after the company started sales, customers began to report oddities with their new mattresses and several were experiencing weird skin conditions. The authorities got involved, and it turned out that the materials used in these mattresses did not meet federal regulations, and Kvalheim quickly did whatever he could to distance himself from this company.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Being a bear and a sports star I naturally had to endorse something that encompassed both those aspects of myself, and so my 1st product endorsement was for a new brand of health supplements. You have heard of cod liver oil right? How about WALRUS LIVER OIL, 4x the vitamins and minerals and it acts as a natural stimulate. It was the perfect thing for me to endorse and boy was it popular. It it also something that bears have been taking for a very long time so I assumed it would not be a problem for humans, I was wrong. It turns out that while my new brand of walrus oil did certainly give humans all the vitamins they needed it had a funny side affect, rapid facial hair growth, so we got a few complaints especially from women. But all is not lost, the marketing team is currently repacking them for facially folically challenged men.

WC 157

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

Miguel Hefeweizen was ecstatic when his friend Duncan the Walrus approached him in regard to being a spokesperson for “Duncan the Walrus’ Fish Tacos” as he loves tacos of any kind and tries to help friends out wherever he can. Initially things were great. Folks loved the tacos and Duncan (and Miguel) were making money hand over fist. However, things quickly went downhill. To begin, people started getting sick after eating the tacos. After an investigation, it was found that the fish being used in these tacos was subpar in order to cut costs. What was happening, was the choicest fish cuts were miraculously disappearing and bad fish left in their place. Miguel didn’t want to believe it, but after seeing video footage of Duncan stealing the fish he had no choice but to sever ties with Duncan and his fish taco enterprise. When Miguel tried to confront Duncan over his fishy behavior, Duncan blocked him and told him to ‘talk to the flipper.’

164 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

It is no great secret that Defensemen do not get a ton of product placement deals. Everyone wants to talk with the goal scorers.

So when my agent informed me that a major company wanted to do a product placement deal with me for a powered nail filer, I thought: "Oh, cool!" What is even better is they came to us with a promise that it would be the most powerful device of it's kind on the market today! That is marketing I can get behind!

Unfortunately, I probably should have gotten more specifics.

Upon entering into the agreement, I had no idea they were going to equip these with pull-start, gas powered engines. Now there are a slew of angry fans -men and women- coming after me! The pictures online of mutilated fingers and toes are horrific. I have seen way less blood in slasher films.

I get it, people are upset. This is not my fault, though! My initial reaction was: "why would you even use a twelve pound, powered nail filer that you have to fill with gasoline!?" Gasoline, people. Gasoline, the same stuff that powers your car! Anyway, now there is some big recall, lawsuits and all sorts of other stuff I really don't care to try to understand.

Lesson learned: Next time hold out for a Gatorade deal.

Code:
Word Count: 223

[Image: GardnerNoTeam.jpg?width=747&height=420]

PBE Affiliate

Marco Barengrub is far from being a big name in the SMJHL. That's why he was surprised when he was offered to become the spokesperson of a brand of water from a small enterprise in Flint, Michigan. He was told to fill all the teams bottles with their product but to never say a word about it. You see, Barengrub found it strange but he is from Estonia and he never heard about the Flint water crisis. Well money is tight so the decision to accept was quite easy. The company he is now associated with said they found a way to turn that toxic water into clean water. The population will be hard to convinced but if the season goes well, it will prove to work. During the 1st game of the season, all players were shitting themselves non stop on the bench and even had to forfeit games afterwards as too many players got sick. Management found out about it and now all Falcons fans hate Marco for the poor start of the season, management can't trust him and that enterprise declared bankrupt. All this for 500$.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

***Presser***
***Miles O’Brien Cuts Ties with Amazon Branded Rekall Corporation***

As an avid science fiction fan, I have seen Total Recall more times than I can count, always reveling in the non-stop action and over-the-top characters that define Verhoeven’s work.  Naturally, when Amazon approached me with the opportunity to partner with their newest subsidiary - an amazon branded knockoff of Rekall Corp - I accepted.  Tasked with designing SMJHL memories to be implanted into would be hockey players, I received the full monetary support of the logistics behemoth.  Amazon billed “O’Brien’s Junior Hockey Experience” as one of the premier adventures in their memory catalog, and I set off to work.

As I worked on the memories, however, I wondered:  do people really fantasize about about playing junior hockey?  Sure, slugging beers and scoring goals is great, but don’t the people deserve more, a true escape from Earthly concerns?  I stared at my completed scripts and files with a gnawing sense of disappointment.  

Then it hit me -  Starship Troopers.  I thought to myself, “Surely Rekall Corp’s customers would appreciate Verhoeven as much I do!”  At the eleventh hour, I amended the files and sent them on their way to Seattle, forgetting to mention the last minute change in content.  

Unfortunately, my “Battlefield Klendathu” memories resulted in a class action lawsuit against Amazon.  Apparently, the people just aren’t capable of dealing with “some kind of smart bug.”  Being torn asunder by arachnids also seems to be a common hangup of the general public.

If you are reading this, and your mind has been permanently rendered by “Battlefield Klendathu,” then from the bottom of my heart, I apologize. 

[Image: 22HFBQB.png]

So First-Name decided to reach out to the youth in Philly and team up with the Bureau for At-Risk Youth & give out pencils that read “Too Cool to Do Drugs.” The pencils seem innocuous enough, but they became the subject of an unforeseen controversy. A 10-year-old boy noticed that as the pencils were sharpened, the word “Too” disappeared, leaving the students with the message “Cool to Do Drugs,” and eventually, just “Do Drugs.” The company spokeswoman, voiced some understandable embarrassment about the oversight. The pencils were hastily recalled and reprinted in the opposite direction so that the word “Drugs” was the first to be sharpened away. What was a simple act of community outreach turned into a viral phenomenon and in hindsight wasn’t really thought through. We reached out to First-Name for a comment and here’s what he had to say. “First and foremost I want to apologize for this mistake. It was an innocent error but turned out to send a bad message. I hope to right the wrong and we’ll figure out a way to make it up to you”

[Image: gurbs.gif]

Adrik Baranov is one of the fastest skaters in the SHL. A rushing defender, he's known to take the puck up the ice on his own to set up the play. It makes sense that a brand new brand of hockey skates sought him out for endorsement. With the tag line "Fly like a Russian" the skates were sold for a premium price. For that price everything was of excellent quality, except for one thing. The bolts holding the actual blades into the skates was faulty on one in every ten pair leading to a rather large amount of accidents as people all over the world did their best to fly up the ice as fast as possible. Only to have the blades of their skates slip out of the holder and send them sprawling to the ice. Adrik was quick to post on social media when he found out, apologizing to any fan who had been injured and vowing to personally check any products he endorses in the future.

170 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Kermit Murphy quickly landed a sponsorship with Disney after moving to the SMJHL, in part leveraging some connections with the studio producing the upcoming documentary about the scrappy underdog Hamilton Steelhawks who would go on to win the S51 Challenge Cup. Disney saw an incredible marketing opportunity to co-brand Kermit's rising stardom with their own Kermit the Frog and reach the hockey audience that they'd badly missed with the new Mighty Ducks series. The promotion was a Kermit the frog stuffed doll, wearing a Kermit Murphy Detroit Falcons jersey, and holding a regulation-sized hockey puck. The consequences of this decision would be tragic.

A sudden increase in Kermit dolls being available meant that, inevitably, people would try and reconstruct a popular internet meme, shown here: https://youtu.be/YZEyGq5hExg. The problem was that the attached puck added a significant amount of weight, and as consumers started tossing the dolls from taller and taller rooftops, inevitably there were casualties. After the 8th death related to the Kermiting trend, Disney ordered an immediate recall on Kermit dolls and remaining ones in mint condition circulate on sites like ebay as a collector's item, where they are mostly purchased by Kermit Murphy himself with his signing bonus from the Seattle Argonauts.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

[Image: 558a93addd08959b778b464a.jpg]

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]