Create Account

Announcement regarding mPTs

06-28-2021, 06:19 PMleafsftw1967 Wrote: @luketd you make some good points about reducing tpe. I understand your reasoning behind not giving extra tpe to 25% of the site through the mpt but then how can giving away extra tpe to 25% of the league (sometimes up to 10 extra tpe each season) through fantasy be justifiable when some members are clearly take more time and effort to scout out players to select for fantasy and go above and beyond? Will extra tpe awards from this also be considered for removal this season?

It can be. HO hasnt received too many complaints about it, other than Puff's TD that didnt really gain a lot of traction.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

06-28-2021, 06:29 PMluketd Wrote:
06-28-2021, 06:19 PMleafsftw1967 Wrote: @luketd you make some good points about reducing tpe. I understand your reasoning behind not giving extra tpe to 25% of the site through the mpt but then how can giving away extra tpe to 25% of the league (sometimes up to 10 extra tpe each season) through fantasy be justifiable when some members are clearly take more time and effort to scout out players to select for fantasy and go above and beyond? Will extra tpe awards from this also be considered for removal this season?

It can be. HO hasnt received too many complaints about it, other than Puff's TD that didnt really gain a lot of traction.

Honestly I didn't have a problem with it when there were other ways make up for a loss of tpe opportunities from fantasy in areas such as mpts (ex: last couple of seasons I made sure to go above and beyond effort/creativity wise so I would pretty much always get extra tpe from them). But the same argument can be made about a disproportionate amount of tpe given to 25% of the league for ranking in the top of their groups for fantasy and think if we are moving away from giving extra tpe to users who put more effort into tasks such as pts it should also be considered for fantasy for users who put in the more effort into researching picks to make the best possible fantasy team (especially considering the disadvantage new users are put in for fantasy).

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

06-28-2021, 06:00 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
06-28-2021, 05:55 PMwumaduce Wrote: 8 tpe for a weekly ac, 2 tpe for a 200 word media. No more money. Flat 500 tpe hard cap across the board. Get On My Hockey Level.

Oh god the idea has escaped the DMs
He’s referencing a league that actually existed for quite some time lol

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

06-28-2021, 06:38 PMleafsftw1967 Wrote:
06-28-2021, 06:29 PMluketd Wrote: It can be. HO hasnt received too many complaints about it, other than Puff's TD that didnt really gain a lot of traction.

Honestly I didn't have a problem with it when there were other ways make up for a loss of tpe opportunities from fantasy in areas such as mpts (ex: last couple of seasons I made sure to go above and beyond effort/creativity wise so I would pretty much always get extra tpe from them). But the same argument can be made about a disproportionate amount of tpe given to 25% of the league for ranking in the top of their groups for fantasy and think if we are moving away from giving extra tpe to users who put more effort into tasks such as pts it should also be considered for fantasy for users who put in the more effort into researching picks to make the best possible fantasy team (especially considering the disadvantage new users are put in for fantasy).

then the question becomes in what ways. Do we not allow people that gain TPE from fantasy from doing the tasks? Then that would be done after the season and the TPE awarded. And then what is the cutoff from the people doing the tasks? is it only people in 1st place can't do the task? how much TPE does the task reward, and then it goes back into the TPE inflation argument.

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2021, 06:56 PM by leafsftw1967.)

06-28-2021, 06:45 PMluketd Wrote:
06-28-2021, 06:38 PMleafsftw1967 Wrote: Honestly I didn't have a problem with it when there were other ways make up for a loss of tpe opportunities from fantasy in areas such as mpts (ex: last couple of seasons I made sure to go above and beyond effort/creativity wise so I would pretty much always get extra tpe from them). But the same argument can be made about a disproportionate amount of tpe given to 25% of the league for ranking in the top of their groups for fantasy and think if we are moving away from giving extra tpe to users who put more effort into tasks such as pts it should also be considered for fantasy for users who put in the more effort into researching picks to make the best possible fantasy team (especially considering the disadvantage new users are put in for fantasy).

then the question becomes in what ways. Do we not allow people that gain TPE from fantasy from doing the tasks? Then that would be done after the season and the TPE awarded. And then what is the cutoff from the people doing the tasks? is it only people in 1st place can't do the task? how much TPE does the task reward, and then it goes back into the TPE inflation argument.

My suggestion would be converting fantasy tpe into SHL cash rewards so that users are still given an alternative reward for their efforts. In turn this would not further separate members tpe wise on whether or not they are good at drafting a fantasy team and how well they research their picks while also cutting down on tpe inflation especially through a disproportionate manner. Also groups are disproportionately created with some people who finish 4th or 5th in one group could finish 2nd or 3rd in another group and miss out on tpe simply because of the group they were placed in so similar to mpts tpe is being subjectively awarded as well in some cases based on the group you are in.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

06-28-2021, 06:38 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
06-28-2021, 06:00 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Oh god the idea has escaped the DMs
He’s referencing a league that actually existed for quite some time lol

Yeah, we've discussed it a bit, but Wuma is more than a little noisy in my DMs to bring that change here lmao

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2021, 07:03 PM by WannabeFinn.)

06-28-2021, 07:00 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
06-28-2021, 06:38 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: He’s referencing a league that actually existed for quite some time lol

Yeah, we've discussed it a bit, but Wuma is more than a little noisy in my DMs to bring that change here lmao
I loved GOMHL but that kind of structure has no place in this league tbf. Would be a fun alternative if it were resurrected on FHM but there’s a reason that league died and this one is stronger than ever.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

06-28-2021, 07:00 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
06-28-2021, 06:38 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: He’s referencing a league that actually existed for quite some time lol

My pm was only about the J. But hell, I'll gladly suggest a 500 tpe flat cap for the shl. Burn, baby, burn

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

06-28-2021, 07:02 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
06-28-2021, 07:00 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Yeah, we've discussed it a bit, but Wuma is more than a little noisy in my DMs to bring that change here lmao
I loved GOMHL but that kind of structure has no place in this league tbf. Would be a fun alternative if it were resurrected on FHM but there’s a reason that league died and this one is stronger than ever.

Yeah I agree completely. The structure and length of a player's career here is super healthy, and while a shorter but more intense career would be fun, the SHL does it well.

06-28-2021, 07:02 PMwumaduce Wrote:
06-28-2021, 07:00 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Yeah, we've discussed it a bit, but Wuma is more than a little noisy in my DMs to bring that change here lmao

My pm was only about the J. But hell, I'll gladly suggest a 500 tpe flat cap for the shl. Burn, baby, burn

[Image: MonkaSSS.jpg]

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

06-28-2021, 05:59 PMluketd Wrote: I approved it btw. If 25% of the SHL userbase goes above and beyond I dont want 1 extra TPE handed out to 25% of the userbase. TPE Inflation is a thing from a couple of reasons

Easier to earn money to allow more people to buy coaching
An average of 7 extra days added onto the season since we switched to FHM, allow 1 more extra week of AC + Training. So over 10 seasons that is an extra 70 TPE before regression
FHM is more predictive than STHS(hopefully with parity it can be brought down), but it allows for a couple extra TPE a season
Since we got rid of the TPE cap of 40/40, it allowed everyone to do all the TPE for like 43-46 TPE instead
An added extra day to the Training camp, so +3 TPE a season(this was due to the fact that we got rid of milestones directly for TPE, which also helped with the spike of TPE)

When the participation TPE was introduced it was in the PT Cap era, where no matter what the Cap was at 40, so getting an extra TPE or so could help you not do a PT, or skip another mPT

Now Im saying that TPE Inflation isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially as the TPE to get to the SHL in the FHM era than the STHS Era, but all the little things add up.

Just on the extra 3 TPE from training camp and the extra 7 days onto the season, equates to an extra 100 TPE over 10 seasons. Then the 3-6 TPE each season since the PT Cap was removed, the 1 TPE from the mpT, etc,etc. Then it gets out of hand.

Now HO wants to cut the seasons back down to around 58-60 days instead of the 63 days we are seeing. As parity increases in the league then hopefully the more predictive results are more of a tossup, decreasing that. The training camp is something we did in order to shift TPE around from milestones. But the major thing will probably be increasing regression.

If the max TPE you could earn in a season 10 seasons ago was around 180TPE, now its 190-200. So if you are a 2k player you dont lose any TPE.

Subcrsibe

Luke are you my brain but like with words and on HO?

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2021, 07:26 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

06-28-2021, 06:05 PMMatteo Wrote:
06-28-2021, 05:45 PMMike Izzy Wrote: I’m going on a Wendy’s run.
Could you get me a frosty and a small fries?

Sure. But make it a large fry cause 400M @luketd said he’s paying for it..

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I don't think I ever have received extra TPE for creativity in the mPT so I don't have a dog in the fight on that front. But I cannot understand any talk about TPE inflation. You could give out another 100 TPE and it would barely make a difference as that only moves two attributes from 17 to 18 or from 18 to 19. The update scale is so severe - even after the recent change - that progression later in ones career is tortoise slow. But we are worried about another few TPE per season for creativity in an mPT? Less than 10 potentially? I've got a 1700+ TPE player and he barely gets into the 60s in either Offense or Defense grading. I wonder how long it actually takes to get a decent player in the SHL? 2000 TPE?

What is a near max level of TPE earning per year? Something I've seldom done in my player's career by the way.

06-28-2021, 04:29 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Fwiw I prefer more short tasks than fewer long ones, I'd rather write 100 words twice on two different topics than 200 on one topic. I always enjoyed the mPTs as competitive silliness

Interesting, it's pretty much the exact opposite for me. I don't hate mPTs, but the "coming up with something good to write about" part of PTs can be more difficult and take me longer than actually pumping out the words once I've come up with something. So doing three mPTs can feel like more work than doing one regular PT, even if you only actually have to write half the amount of words.

Oh and if people are actually starting to get worried about TPE-inflation again then just get rid of Championship Week and use the TPE that that frees up on new, fresh and more exciting activities. Why have so many TPE tied up in that laborious task that no one reads anyway when they could be used much better elsewhere. I'm not saying take the CW TPE away from people, just transfer them onto activities that are more fun and engaging.

06-28-2021, 08:09 PMKC15 Wrote: I don't think I ever have received extra TPE for creativity in the mPT so I don't have a dog in the fight on that front.  But I cannot understand any talk about TPE inflation.  You could give out another 100 TPE and it would barely make a difference as that only moves two attributes from 17 to 18 or from 18 to 19.  The update scale is so severe - even after the recent change - that progression later in ones career is tortoise slow.  But we are worried about another few TPE per season for creativity in an mPT?  Less than 10 potentially?  I've got a 1700+ TPE player and he barely gets into the 60s in either Offense or Defense grading.  I wonder how long it actually takes to get a decent player in the SHL?  2000 TPE?

What is a near max level of TPE earning per year?  Something I've seldom done in my player's career by the way.

First things first is that defensive and offensive rating is proportional to your role, not how you stack up against everyone else. The main problem is that regression is not built for 190-200 tpe/season, with 5 seasons of 10% can make you get a peak after your 10th season in some circumstances.

So what it goes with is regression needs to be harder in the way that careers need to be shortened a bit. There will be players that will keep on earning for a long time, I am one of them. But the problem you run into is that I am going onto my 16th season(19 in total) in the SHL and I am approaching 3 years. That is a long time to have a player and you can get bored. That boredom and lead to inactivity, even while you still have a good player. If it can be a little push to one, shorten careers a bit and two, not make it so you have elite players for such a long time so you have more turnover in elite players. Of course people who still want to live forever will still do it, but those 10-15th seasons are light when you can earn 10-20 more a season.

06-28-2021, 08:09 PMKC15 Wrote: I don't think I ever have received extra TPE for creativity in the mPT so I don't have a dog in the fight on that front.  But I cannot understand any talk about TPE inflation.  You could give out another 100 TPE and it would barely make a difference as that only moves two attributes from 17 to 18 or from 18 to 19.  The update scale is so severe - even after the recent change - that progression later in ones career is tortoise slow.  But we are worried about another few TPE per season for creativity in an mPT?  Less than 10 potentially?  I've got a 1700+ TPE player and he barely gets into the 60s in either Offense or Defense grading.  I wonder how long it actually takes to get a decent player in the SHL?  2000 TPE?

What is a near max level of TPE earning per year?  Something I've seldom done in my player's career by the way.
As someone who hit 2k TPE and has not had a good player compared to the rest of league, I can say since the swap to FHM(this season withstanding since we haven't seen the effects of the update scale change completely) that the fastest way to see yourself get a decent player has just been to be on a good team. Hopefully with more parity this changes as I know if I wasn't a GM of a team, I probably would have quit on this player by now.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]