Create Account

S60 mPT #3: Fun Facts

Sven Svechnikov was the one of two Svens in his hometown, and all the kids liked the other Sven more cause he scored a lot of goals in their Peewee Hockey League. So the first thing Svechnikov did was join as a defenseman to make sure that other Sven would never score again, cementing his legacy as the best Sven of his hometown Peewee league.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Timo Haas was well known as a huge goon in his time in the SMJHL. He often racked up over 10 penalty minutes a season when most of his contemporaries struggled to barely get two. He was also the beneficiary of a Game Misconduct for abuse of an official in a juniors tournament.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Rotticus Scott made a finals appearance in every single rookie season of his. Finals appearance in s53 with Kelowna, Finals Appearance in S53 WJC with Canada, Finals appearance with Hamilton in S57, and Finals appearance with Team Canada IIHF in S58. He won both international finals, lost both pro finals.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Fun fact: William Salming led the whole league in takeaways among forwards this season after first two match days with six takeaways. He had also one of the best takeaway-giveaway ratio when he played in the SMJHL so that wasn't anything new.

[Image: salming.png]

In four seasons of WJC eligibility, Kev Kevens never played for the same team more than once. He was not selected by any team in S55, played for regular Team Canada in S56, Canada Red split squad in S57, and Canada White split squad in S58.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

S56 player Michael Withecheck got called up to the Atlanta Inferno for 4 games at the beginning of S57 because of a suspension of Rex Kirkby . He scored a goal in the 4th game and didn't finish last in fantasy player points that season with only playing 4 games at a capped SMJHL build.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

Surprisingly to me at least, my last goalie (Evgueni Marmeladov) actually was the franchise wins leader at one point. At the time I created him, I never would have imagined it.

[Image: vikian.gif]

Fun fact:

Cal Labovitch took the lead for most assists and most points in the Minnesota Monarchs era during the S60 season. Prior to the season, Mika Mayfield held the lead for goals (100) and points (209), and shared the assists lead with Collin Gibbles (109). With one third of the S60 season played, Cal Labovitch now has the lead in assists (119, a 3 point gap to Gibbles), points (222, a 5 point gap to Mayfield) and is closing in on the taking the lead in goals as well (103, 5 goals away from the lead).

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Is it fair to call Philipp Winter the paragraph king at this point? We think it is, nobody has more paragraphs and long-winded answers during his media appearances than him!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2021, 04:22 AM by jRuutu.)

Raivo Helminen holds the Nevada Battleborn record for most missed shootout attempts in a row. During season 58, Raivo failed to score with 9 shootout attempts before the management finally had enough and stopped using him in the shootouts.

Not necessarily my player, but my GM persona/render owns (or ties possibly) the record for fastest transition from player, to co-gm, to head GM in SMJHL history

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Hippo started out as a Power forward with defense weakness. That got corrected before he got accepted to SMJHL thankfully.
Hippo then transitioned from a Power forward to a twoway forward but still kinda sucked.

RETIRED

A fun fact about me is that I have been in the league for like 35 seasons and never won an individual award in the SHL with any of my players how fun is that I love continued mediocrity!!!

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Senji Seteki has not only won the rookie of the year award from the Colorado Raptors, he won the best Japanese goalie award in the hearts of all of his fans.

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]

FR Finn-Rhys is hands down (or hooves down if you prefer) the best moose to ever play professional hockey. It helps that he is the only moose to play hockey but we aren't talking about it. In the animal kingdom, Finn-Rhys is arguably the best hockey player to don a sweater.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]