Create Account

S60 PT #3.5: Appreciation

Ok so I only got here in late April or early May, who even knows what month day or year it is anymore... So my appreciation post won't be anywhere near as heartfelt or inspirational as many other ones but here goes. First off I definitely need to thank my Swedish AND SMJHL Bash Brother @TapdancingNecrons who I think was the first person to DM after I joined and immediately invited me to the Swedish LR, plus he let me know how dope the Raptors LR is. Definite shout out to @LordBirdman who took a chance on a noob to the entire concept of a sim league in general in the draft, plus helping answer any and all stupid questions I would have constantly. Current GM's @Jumbobone19 & @Ruggsy as well, who I am positive will lead the Raptors to Cup Glory! All my dope Raptors & Platoon teammates who welcomed me into both locker rooms with open arms, way to many to name and/or tag. Finally a shout out to Platoon GM's @JR95 & @mastersheep who had the balls to take a newbie with the last pick in the first round of the SHL draft, we'll see how that works out Wink

I'll always treasure and value my time spent here in the SHL. Coming into this community is one of the best things I could have done. It's just nice to know that every day I can wake up and have a locker room full of people who are awesome and friendly and generally just positive people!

@JSS getting drafted by you and @Jepox was definitely one of the defining moments of my time in the SHL and I wouldn't want to have gone to any other team.

@PremierBromanov @Fitted2106 y'all have been in Tampa with me since the start of the rebuild and it's been immensely satisfying to watch this team come to fruition. Fuck the pentaltys.

@trella @hockeyiscool @Rangerjase @Jericson @rum_ham and everyone else in the cuda LR I'm forgetting, this team has been wonderful to be on and I'm so glad that I get to wake up every single day and feel like I'm a part of something, even if it is just dumb fake hockey.

@MCP_ you might not be a cuda in name anymore but you'll always be a cuda in my heart bb <3

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

As some of you may know, I joined SHL because some of my ISFL teammates persuaded me to. Some are GMs in the SMJHL, and I thought it'd be fun to play on their teams. My favourite thing about SHL has been making friends with all the people who aren't/weren't in ISFL, or who I'd not spoken to in that league. So I'll make an effort to tag the new people rather than the company I've continued to enjoy here. @Gwdjohnson and @Wearingabear drafted me, Gabe who I'd first played with in ISFL in February 2020, and Bear I hadn't met. I love the LR they've built, in particular @Tomen, @bluesfan55, @golden_apricot, @Acsolap,  @Ragnar (thanks again for the nitro bb), @Weretarantula, @.bojo, @SlashACM, and the baffling, hilarious experience that is JODAN and @Boomcheck - as well as all the people from other leagues I already knew that they've assembled there, and those I missed when scrolling down the server member list just now.

It was there I met @ml002 and @honkerrs, and the pair of them made me hope Toronto would draft me. ml and @UrsinZ granted my wish (after I DM'd and tagged ml lots of times in Anchorage telling him to pick me), and I'm very grateful for that. I've enjoyed talking to everyone in the locker room and I'm glad you're all there, but I especially want to highlight @Capt_Blitzkrieg and @Moreorless89 as well as @SFresh3 for making me laugh. 

Love all y'all, sorry to anyone I missed but I'm well over 150 words and I've other PTs and sim league things to do today. Don't be mad please <3

(273 words)

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

I wonder if it would be enough to just link my most recent media article here, that stems from this very same kind of appreciation. But just in case...

I am thankful, among other things, to have arrived here at a time when the SHL is quickly going through some great upgrades to the way the game is played and its surrounding aspects are being organized better and better with each passing month. It has been great to follow that progress, moving from old cumbersome ways of doing things to completely new advances and how much easier to handle a lot of things have become in just a short period of time. It has been amazing to see all these things being done purely by joint volunteer effort in to bring the league to a new level with each new upgrade.  I think the care, effort and attention to detail that goes into each upgrade beautifully exemplifies how loved this league and its users are by one another. While I have had little to offer to those advances myself, apart from just being a regular user, I am very thankful that the league has all these bright minds to help it blossom like it has been in this past year.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

I would literally fly out to every member of the Carolina Kraken's house and give them a big ol kiss. A nice smooch on the lips cause I love them all. I have gotten so much more enjoyment out of this than I expected and it is all thanks to those lovely Krakens. I appreciate Ace for helping me get a hang of everything that is going on here. I appreciate Sve7en for signing me to Carolina and giving me a home. I appreciate Overdoo for letting me be on a podcast, that was the only reason I could afford coaching that season. I appreciate Gumba for carrying me on a D pair for a season. I appreciate FHM for letting me finally get my 2nd goal this year on my 92nd shot. I appreciate JayWhy for trading for me to go to Manhattan. I appreciate JR95 for drafting me.

When I first joined this site, I was someone who kept to himself and just went about my business. I have never been a big people person in real life either, so it was no surprise that I was the same way here as well. I have spent time in the discord locker rooms, but my participation was mostly checking in every other day or so just to keep up with my fellow players. I do consider some of the users here as my friends even though we never talk or message each other. People like @Nictox @SlashACM and @JKortesi81 for example. We spent time together during my first few seasons in St. Louis and I have always believed we are friends regardless of how much we communicate. The person I got the closest with is not even on this site anymore. Me and @King used to talk about our personal lives away from the site. I will always believe what happened to him here was a shame.

It is a true tragedy what happened to Kivlenieks. No one deserves to die so young, so it does put some perspective on how any day can be your last. It makes the time you spent with other people that much more important. People that have been an absolute joy for me to talk to and be around include most of the New England locker room, as without them, I would have probably gone inactive if it was not for my team mates. Specific members that have been awesome to talk to include The-Yman-100, who brought me back to this league. He has been doing an amazing job running team Latvia, and has been an overall real great dude to talk to. Ace was also pretty instrumental in keeping me around by drafting me to New England. Finally, even though we are not on the same team in this league, Jess has been a really cool person to talk to in the PBE.

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 02:45 PM by suavemente.)

I felt Myspace Top 8 wasn't competative enough so I made my FUT team with homies. 

[Image: PT3-5.png]
Shiney is the angry manager offscreen.
Sorry to anyone I left off, I love you all.

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

PBE Affiliate

(username on PBE is twix)

[Image: A12A5Km.png]

I apprciate myself as I'm the fucking greatest ever and tagging people is really hard @Fitted2106 your a damn gem keep moving n shaking baking and taking my dog. Trellas cool fiddler ya know other people n stuff n like yeah people are on the team ya know. Limes that dude I always love a true troll and a young lady like lime that's not afraid to speak her mind. Rankles that dude fuzz cuzzington mcp is the homie. Dwight's a dude and like zoltan also uhhhhh uhhhh rum n flappy n like Joe Weston just like sloth n alot of people because ya know discord n stuff. But first and foremost is fucking me that I apprciate because fuck the PENALTYS I'm a motherfucking dreamboat and ya know I wear fitted hats fam fucking get some. Let's hear it for peterbilt! I'm gonna have a very short list for my retirement ceremony because I ain't fucking leaving! Gimme the eggs and let's get it crackin

174 words

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

I apprciate myself as I'm the fucking greatest ever and tagging people is really hard @Fitted2106 your a damn gem keep moving n shaking baking and taking my dog. Trellas cool fiddler ya know other people n stuff n like yeah people are on the team ya know. Limes that dude I always love a true troll and a young lady like lime that's not afraid to speak her mind. Rankles that dude fuzz cuzzington mcp is the homie. Dwight's a dude and like zoltan also uhhhhh uhhhh rum n flappy n like Joe Weston just like sloth n alot of people because ya know discord n stuff. But first and foremost is fucking me that I apprciate because fuck the PENALTYS I'm a motherfucking dreamboat and ya know I wear fitted hats fam fucking get some. Let's hear it for peterbilt! I'm gonna have a very short list for my retirement ceremony because I ain't fucking leaving! Gimme the eggs and let's get it crackin

174 words

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

My time has been short on this great site - however I've met some great individuals and friends along the way. Big shoutout to my Kelowna days and that crew - RCD, Katth, mastersheep, zoone, snoop, blues and more! We weren't able to bring home a cup but came close on 2 occasions. It was a pleasure being on the same SMJHL team with all of you as it built a great foundation for myself to continue to stay active on this forum for well over a year. Since I was newer to sim leagues back then, I can't thank you all for helping me along the way with all my questions. Kelowna will always have a special place in my heart <3.

Special shoutout to Wasty for inspiring me on the graphics front and pushing to get better in Photoshop. My sig making has dipped drastically but hoping to find some extra time down the road to start churning out graphics again.

And a Texas-size shoutout to the S59 Challenge Cup champs! To all on the roster, thank you for making it my most fun season yet in the SHL and allowing me to share in the cup celebrations! Such a special group of guys who had the same belief all season long and made it happen. Amazing experience that I hope to experience again soon with Texas.

Word Count: 227

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

It's pretty surreal to get tagged in this thread so much, especially by people I've never shared a team with. I'm proud of the work I've done here, the people I've gotten to get to know, and the friends both brought along and made along the way. If I had to tag each person who's made my time on the site better I'd likely crash the site when I hit "post". Just know that I've appreciated our time and our interactions regardless of how small they may seem.

@Faelax, @Cobbenstein, @hockeyiscool, @AgentSmith630, @GCool - I'm glad we have this random slice of life to constantly laugh and moan about. I can't imagine what my experience would have been if you all didn't end up in this rabbit hole with me but I like to think the site is better for it.

@ACapitalChicago - You were the first person I really connected with and talked to when I joined and yeah the rest was history, but when you look at how well we get along is it any surprise we ended up where we did?

@FuzzSHL - You built a damn near perfect environment for new people to join into and have set me up at every opportunity possible to succeed. A lot of what I've done and what is good in this league comes from the tree or hub you built. Your fingerprints aren't just all over Carolina, but Tampa, New Orleans, Los Angeles, and the SMJHL as a whole.

@overdoo, @Mazatt - I hope I have been to you both what Fuzz has been to me. You're such boons for the site and I'm pumped to see what things will come from you each and every month. You have been invaluable in bailing me out when I need it and being some of my closest confidants.

@Festinator, @GCool, @canes2112, @LarryTheMVP, @jakey.peach - While SHL GMing wasn't my goal, I got one shot to surround myself with people I wanted in my team going forward. Getting to pick all of you ensured I was sticking with LAP, and I'm so pumped to see what happens now that we're all up and ready to compete. RART, you're on the division rival, but I'm glad you're still around CAR and you're gonna rock the bright future you have irl.

@Gumbaman, @slothfacekilla, @wumaduce, @trella - Carolina is strongly associated with both mine and Fuzz's names at this point, but you guys deserve so much credit for what you've done in your time as players and as members of the organization. Carolina isn't Carolina without the legwork you all have done.

@BadWolf, @ACapitalChicago, @Inf1d3l, @Fluw, @Citizen of Adraa, @FuzzSHL, @Festinator, the recent J HO members, and the J GMs both current and recent. You guys make me proud every day to be a J GM. I don't always agree with everyone, and vice versa, but this site doesn't exist how it does both now and in the future, without the passion and work that you guys put forth.

@FuzzSHL, @Rangerjase, @Kyamprac, @r0tzbua, @Amidships, @Nokazoa, @Jobin, @roastpuff, @juke, @reid, @"luketd", @nour, @HTT, @SHN - Thanks for helping me realize my ideas and put them into practice. The recognition I have for the positive things I've done should belong to all of you just as much as it does me.

580 words

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

[Image: pixlr-20210711231044762.jpg]

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

I can't @ because it takes too much time but there are eras in my career I'd like to shout out to

MSN Messenger era -- HFFO, Viktor, Brandon, Cam, Dion, Natey were this era, it was around when I started in S5-8 that this group would shit around and shoot the shit on MSN messenger since this was 2011 and people still used that

Crew -- S10ish to S20 was this group, some of the infamous members of the league like Deener and Alex. Also had Boon, Tylar, O4L, Tez, JT, Toast, Wadey, Dpark on there. Was probably one of my most vivid memories of this league since I was the most active I've been and also the most involved with head office since I was a commissioner

Edmonton -- S18-24 Tez, JY, Buster, Keenan, Alle, Harry, and just some of the best gents ever were on this team. Really enjoyed Edmonton and sad we never won a cup after I joined up

Portland -- S25-30 brought in a whole new cast of characters that i loved. Dan, Scholz, Wachter, GCool, Brumm, Banjo, Harry, Tylar, were all part of this era. Sucks we lost it to punishments and not being able to get off the ground, but i loved it

Texas - S33-44 I went inactive for a bit there after being depressed from Portland and getting a new job. But Allen brought me back and made me Texas coach which kick started my career again and my activity. Phobo, Allen, Dan, Owen, Alle, Slowpoke, Formx, great time winning a cup in S36

Hammy - S44 - ongoing Still in this discord and still kicking. Love Hammy, it's honestly the most insane discord i've ever been in but one of my faves. Dudes who will both knock you the fuck down by making fun of you while at the same time also being super caring. It's fucking weird, I hate it. Anyway nour, aleks, zym, gabe, waters, hallsy, adam, rotti, kimmy, jobin, ferda, gooney, jeffie, teddy, luke, jss, geck, bloos, rm, samee, han it's a long list fuck. Lots of people in this room and it moves fast

SFO S56 - ongoing I love this group Henrik and Smith have put together, it's such a great group of the nicest folks I've ever been around. I feel super at home and cared for in here and it's a team that is having some turbulance now but is on the upswing. I know they'll be sucessful with smith and henrik at the helm. Thomas, Henrik, Smith, Birdman, Kev, Zema, Fluw, Ruggsy, Esso, talls, zoot, James, Stromberg, keenan, traphag. Amazing group of people

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]