Create Account

S60 PT #3.5: Appreciation
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 04:28 PM by Sopath.)

@JNH @SDCore You guys brought me into NL and I've said it many times but it was a life changing decision you guys made. I've made so many great friends over the months since joining NL and my life is better for it. I can't imagine if another team had drafted me. I would've gone IA again and never to be seen again. Sad.

@bdu754 I think Tez might've been the first person I ever really talked to in the LR but you were the guy who made me feel welcome and excited to be a Zerk. I had no idea who Thatcher Demko was before meeting you but now I feel like I follow his career so closely I even know what eats for lunch. You're such a cool dude you make me care if the Cannucks have a decent season or not. Also you've given me so much support through the years and I'll always appreciate it! Thanks for being so great that we had to name an award after you!

@Minnesotafine I think I've said it before but you were one of the all time greatest draft picks; along with another player I'll be talking about in a second. To be taken in the late 40's and to turn out to be so fucking great is truly rare. NL is better for having taken you! At times in the past 6 months I've been busy and away from day to day league stuff. In S59 when you took over ZotG accounting, I'll really appreciated it. I worry what would've happened to that tradition had you not stepped up and took over accounting. Thanks for all you do and good luck in Edmonton when you get there in S62!

@lmao You're the other really amazing draft pick. Taken 50th overall at a time when teams were passing. Little did they know that Shion Okamato was the type of player who could be the captain of a team, fools. You've been amazing since joining the LR and consistently underrated. I'm glad it was Chicago who pulled the trigger on you and you're going to be a great Syndicate one day. I also hope that you leave the Zerks as the all time ZotG leader among blue liners but that remains to be seen!

@visceralpotamus dude you're one of my favorite all time players to play with. You play a defensive d-man which isn't pretty but you own that shit. Thanks for all you do for this team. You're a Zerk cultural icon and your meme creation is something we all live for! I love getting to hint little WoT future stuff to you. I can't wait for you to finish The Great Hunt because it's such a great book and you must tell me what you think.

@Nhamlet @juke Thanks for doing all what you guys do for the team. I hope we get many more seasons with you guys. Because this fucking Zerk team right now is a monster and I know you guys are the best fucking GMs in this league.

To any other Zerks reading this and sad I didn't mention them. You should know I'm currently writing this while getting ready for a BBQ and I'm desperately trying to finish this PT because I'm lazy as fuck.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

Since my time joining the SHL over two years ago now, I've made a number of on-site friends. Most of these have been members of the Texas locker room and we've bonded together through our journey from a rebuilding franchise to a cup winner. One of these individuals was the one who brought me into Texas in the first place, 'ol Danny boy. Dan took a chance on me and drafted me with the second overall pick when I had yet to even make much of a name for myself in the league. Another individual is Gil. Despite being a Bears fan, Gil and I have bonded over food, beer, and shit talking about our sports teams. I enjoy watching his iRacing streams on twitch and seeing his little face while I silently root for him to wreck. There are many more individuals in the Texas locker room that I've bonded with, but I'm at the word limit and don't feel like writing anything further.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

PBE Affiliate Point Task

My name on PBE is Burb

[Image: 336.jpg]

While the SHL is definitely my second league, there are a lot of cross-leaguers that I've met in the ISFL and I'd like to take a second to talk about them. First off is the one who recruited me, Ace. I know Ace is a long time SHL veteran and I'm glad he finally convinced me to join. I was on the fence for a while but I have no regrets now. Second is Zeagle. Zeagle and I joined the ISFL together in S24 and he was a key component in bringing me into QCC where I've loved the community. Speaking of QCC, a big shoutout to Evok. I've written about them in previous PT's but Evok has been the ideal GM for me. Despite being my second league, I am still learning how SHL works. Evok does a fantastic job of pinging all of us whenever we have TPE to claim or tasks to do. I attribute my draft position largely to their help with this.

I appreciate @Mike Izzy so much for what he does for the Calgary Dragons everyday, carrying the torch and continuing what we've done for so many seasons and just being an all around great person and friend. He puts forth so much effort and energy to make the Dragons a fun place to play, I could never thank him enough for what he's done for the organization and what he continues to do as our new Head GM.

I also appreciate the amazing group of players we have in Calgary right now and anyone that has played for us in the past. I want to write each one of you your own blurb because that's what you deserve, but my fingers are fat and covered in tomato sauce so this one big paragraph will have to do! Thank you for what you bring to the Dragons and the positive impact you make each day, your friendship, your hard work and commitment to the team are appreciated so much. You've each made this experience special for me, a genuine thank you to our current team @BarnabasCollins @Slappydoodle @Katth @bk1689 @Weretarantula @ACapitalChicago @DollarAndADream @kikish18 @Jala @Wally @Kierkan @ztevans @retuperkele @Bruins10 @CanadianDuck @Flowseidon our awesome prospects @Gifter of Bikes @MrRuihu @Lukstins88 @Vikian and of course our alumni @c00kies @JKortesi81 @TheDangaZone @Wongy @Ohtaay @leafsftw1967 @The__Y-man__100 @Mook @NUCK @Eggy216 @Rublic @mstuk41 @Alex Mack @xDParK @CFJ @Off @Your Mothers Favorite Goalie @Ballerstorm and anyone else I may have forgotten! Thanks you guys are the best! <3

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

I feel like we do this quite a bit now, but that doesn’t mean I’ll not take the chance to shout out some of my favorite people. I’m going to knock out the group ones first as they will be easier to do. I probably wouldn’t have stuck around the league if it were not for the fine gentlemen (and ladies) that make up one of the best discord channels I have ever belonged too. I’m talking about the Nipple Nuggey of course. All the gang there are awesome people who hangout and play games a lot. All the players I have played with it GM’d in NOLA also deserve a shout, we’ve seen some really cool people come through the locker room and I am very happy to be apart of it. Anchorage has been a toxic hellhole since I was traded there, I wouldn’t have it any other way. :firegabe:
@SlashACM has been a friend of mine for a few years now. We started off as rookies on St Louis and have always found ourselves playing with each other. Slash is a great dude and has really been killing it this season with the PT’s.
@JKortesi81 was the first GM to reach out to me before the S42 SMJHL draft. From his initial message, I knew I wanted to be on his team. Over the years I have called Joe many names, but I am proud to have him as a friend. Sorry for having to dip on you as Co, thank you for understanding my situation and showing me all the support. Heart
I could go on and on tagging a ton of people but I’m sure I’d leave someone out on accident. I have made a lot of friends on this website and I’m happy I took the chance to join when I saw it on the DRW subreddit.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

I could write this entire thing about @slothfacekilla. We formed a good friendship in ISFL as his updater and I know he was a strong part of me getting drafted to LA and Carolina. Sloth has since left the ISFL but I am very appreciative that I get to be in some league locker rooms with him. Additionally I need to thank all the GMs I've had @FuzzSHL @sve7en @FuzzSHL @TheDangaZone @overdoo You all have done fantastic jobs to cultivate some of the best locker rooms that I have seen in any sim leagues. While I cant tag everyone in each Locker room it has been a wonderful experience in each. You've drafted great helpful people who make everyone feel welcomed and appreciated as well as helping get the most out of each player from little things to helping with builds or asking podcast questions. Overall everyone in SHL does a great job of making the league fun and exciting and I appreciate this wonderful sim community

[Image: f7.png]

I consider the entire Locker Room of the Buffalo Stampede to be my friends with the closest being @karey. I was close to being homeless and this guy who didn't know me from adam offered to send me money, food, anything I needed until I got my settlement money and back on my feet. I logged off discord that night and sobbed like a baby. This guy didn't know me, but he was there when I needed someone. The LR didn't know me but they closed around me and supported me after my mom died and through everything I was going through.

To this day they put up with me, I don't know why. I'd go to war and fight for every single one of them. I think in between the terrible memes and cursed memes they know that which is why they put up with me.

Finding the SHL has been a big part of the last few years of my life. I never would have thought the random reddit post I clicked on while bored on my day off would have lead to all of the wonderful friends I have made here. Sorry for all the tags, and some of you fit in multiple categories but i won't double tag ya.

I'll start with my old Anaheim friends since you guys were the first people who I really connected with and without you guys, I never would have stuck around this long: @Segi, @SDCore, @BDonini, @JNH, @Thunfish, @Dangles13, @Geekusoid, @tedlamotors, @shutdown, @GCool @notoriousTRON, @UrsinZ.

After that I found my second home in Minny and I't's hard to believe it is my 9th season as Head GM. Sometimes it feels much longer but the amazing people I met here make every day a great one: @BadWolf, @Mutedfaith, @KlusteR, @spooked, @Shmurph, @Leppish, @fever95, @Leafs4ever, @FleshBagSoup, @Gaia Mormont, @AW13, @Flareon, @CaptainCrazy, @Lyezech, @Jedi @JMacNCheese.

All the time I was a J GM and the following 6 seasons I spent in J HO led to so many great friends as well. All the late night games and discussions have made fantastic memories. @notorioustig, @nour, @"luketd", @Nictox, @FuzzSHL, @Inf1d3l, @hhh81, @Evok, @RedCapeDiver.

I'm sure there are tons more I am forgetting to tag, but there are so many amazing people in this league and I'm definitely glad I found my place here.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

In my time on the site I have actually developed a few friendships along the way. Even a few in real life but like most friendships, some were fleeting.

I think my favourite group was way back in the day, the first team I was drafted to in season 18 (I think... it was a long time ago....). I came up in my second season as a true rookie and The Seattle Riot went all the way to the finals and won the cup. It was a hell of a trip, being new to the site I was intimidated at first but then I got to feeling accepted by King (The old one... not the newer one), Merica, Gifter of Bikes, and Mc Z and many others. The way Merica used to troll and antagonize McZ was entertaining as hell. But it was all in good fun in the end we were a team and we brought the cup home. I’ll never forget that season and having Merica on my junior team again brings back all those happy times.

[Image: WcULpFF.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 06:18 PM by SDCore.)

There are so many people I think need to get some appreciation, but I'm sorry if I miss anyone.

First off @JNH you are one of the few people who I think knows the most about me, we talk too much and probably are too much attached at the hip at time. I couldn't imagine GMing with anyone else, as proven that I haven't in this league. Thanks for pushing me off the ledge all these times and for dealing with all my sociopathic nonsense.

Speaking of dealing with my sociopathic nonsense... @juke @Nhamlet I know I make both of your lives difficult at... well most times, but you are two of my closest friends on the site. Thank you for taking over in NL, I don't know if I coulda let it go to any other people. Thanks for improving it in my absence. Juke one day I will find you, I'll be the drunk homeless looking person in front of your door, you'll know me when you see me... maybe.

To all my Chicagos, love you all! @Matteo @leafsftw1967 @"JAJA SWEG DINGDONG" @Naosu @The__Y-man__100. Even my former, but friend @lespoils. Glad you are making a new home in Seattle and we still chat daily. Glad you never decided to be a stranger and it's been good getting to know you better and better every day.

@Kylrad dude I don't say it enough but thank you for everything you do in Chicago, you are a work horse and we would be lost and dead in the water without you. @O4L @Velevra You started an incredible team and thanks for letting me take over. Built an amazing foundation.

@sköldpaddor Jess, you are always one of the people I enjoy talking to. You've been a good friend for like 2+ years, which is insane to think about. One day I'm going to take you up on the offer of, well just come over... you thinking it's impossibly far... Don't trick me. Also, I'm mad at you for not including me in your wing extravaganza today.

@KlusteR @Patty @bdu754 @"Minnesotafine" (actually not you, you dirty pokemon stealer), @lmao @Justice @ByrdeMan @Toast @Lime (even tho I know you hate it) @Tylar @Evil_AllBran @visceralpotamus @Out of Toast @"simo_393" I know I missed people, but it's awesome talking to you guys every day. Playing games, doing NL shit. Glad you all stick around and play games and bs daily. Wouldn't want it any other way.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

i think this is going to be a different appreciation from the ones you that i normally write where i wax lyrical about the great players that got me into the league from anchorage s45, or the amazing LR that Jaywhy and Gecko crafted for manhatten.

this time lets talk expansion team, new team, new players, new environment. i got drafted to the gorge, snd so far gave been really enjoying it. i think i had been increasingly stale in my attention and contribution to my shl locker rooms. especially after returning from IA and basically missing full classes of draftees. its been super nice to be in a group of players eho are all the new guys again.

big shout out to @honkers and @ass, for creating a good vibing LR and one that has reignited my causal interest in the shl. to the point where i might actually receeate when peter eventually dies. (which us obviously nemrr)

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

This is the kind of PT I can get behind! I won't tag users, mostly because I'd be concerned with leaving someone out, but my friends over in Buffalo and the Swedish National Team server are communities that have served as my primary motivation for remaining in the SHL after what seems like a million seasons (it's only actually been 6 or 7), especially after I cut ties with my minor league teams as part of an intentional way to decrease the amount of time I spend in sim leagues due to my new position. From team leadership to the old heads and brand-new draftees/tradees, my two team locker rooms always seem to have something going on. We talk sports (even if I don't know a single thing about hockey), healthcare, even politics every once in a long while, and they give me a little perspective on why the league views different teams the way they do.

It's difficult to say how I would have fared in this league on a different SHL or IIHF team, but I'm quite pleased with the communities I have joined so far. Even as frustrations set in with the COVID pandemic, I could always find a place to vent, discuss, or just casually chat with a lot of users that I'm not afraid to call a sim league family.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

i am so extremely appreciative of the people in the atlanta locker room for helping all of my expansion dreams come true and then some - we've got a group that exceeds even my loftiest expectations for where the team would be at. from the very start it was a lively locker room - not an easy task for an expansion team starting a discord from scratch - and the people there have made it a desirable place to play. now the future is upon us and it's exciting to keep calling up all these young players last season and this season and next season and the one after. i appreciate all the people who contribute in the LR and on the team. i also appreciate the anchorage locker room, a place i'm still checking every hour after 2+ years on this dang ol site. Lastly, I appreciate @Kalakar for being such a consistent simmer and streamer, i don't think there's anyone out there who could do even close to as good a job as kal does with everything

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Lots to mention honestly but there are a few to write home about.

@Ace
The only member of the SHL that I’ve met in real life. If only briefly while we were both at a Bruins game. We connected all the way back when Ace was running NE and eventually got to spend a number of seasons GM’ing together.

@JNH
The reason I’m here in the first place. Sabotaged me for a few TPE when he plucked me off the NHL HUT boards. Become really great friends since then and obviously the SHL has been a part of my life ever since.

@"Simply Incorrect"
Change username back to Merica please. Easily the person I have the most SHL memories with. We used to exchange snapchats when you lived outside of the US. And the partner that brought me my first cup as both GM and player. I could send Merica a note just about anytime and he’ll be on the other end. That’s as much as you can ask of a friend that you’ll never actually meet in real life.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig