Create Account

Star-Light: S60 Day 13-14 Late Late Edition.

Good time of morrow to you, Star Gang! It is I, your Keyboard Warrior bringing you news regarding the Toronto North Stars for media money despite this being old information. My reader base sure loves my go-getter attitude that brings them information at the speed of convenience! So I shall be covering the games the Toronto North Stars played against the: Montreal Patriots, Atlanta Inferno, Calgary Dragons, the Patriots again, the Seattle Argonauts, and the Dragons again. Alright, now that that is settled, let is shimmy down to the storyline we last left off with--the Toronto North Stars unable to catch up to the hated Great Lakes rivals in the Buffalo Stampede and Hamilton Steelhawks while increasing their lead over the New England Wolfpack. Right, simple as that. Also my roommate has decided to start sucking again so that is always fun to bring up, HA!

In the first game, the Toronto North Stars edged out the Montreal Patriots six to five. They outshot the Patriots thirty-nine to thirty and outhit them thirty-two to twenty-three. Luffy Richard was a minus-one with a shot on goal, two hits, and an impressive three takeaways to one giveaway. That is a pretty decent defensive performance. You cannot always control your plus-minus, but it looks like my roommate was out there separating opponents from the puck. And just to be quant, I will staple on the next match against the Patriots so we can get loose with the timeline and get all meta since we live in a simulation and the only thing that matters is that our lives are NOT OUR OWN! The Toronto North Stars won four to one against the Patriots while also outshooting them forty to thirty-one, but were just outhit twenty-two to twenty-one. My roommate was again a minus-one but had three shots on goal, and two hits so he was out there being physical but was unlucky to be on the ice for that goal. Or maybe he was the reason for the goal. We may never know.

Next, we have a two to one victory over the Atlanta Inferno who were just outshot thirty-four to thirty while outhitting Toronto twenty-three to seventeen. Luffy had three shots on goal, a blocked shot, two hits, and a takeaway. It is nice to see Luffy being so proactive out there. It is exciting seeing him motivated, especially since he has not been contributing in the scoring department. Shame really, since he has been working on his passing and such. 

Now to speak of the first loss of the day, a six to two pounding by the Calgary Dragons. And, speaking from experience, you do not want to get pounded by a dragon. Calgary dominated in the shot total forty-one to twenty-nine, as well as the hits twenty-three to thirteen. Wow did they ever put the boots to our beloved Stars. We should tell on them for this sort of burtality. This is hockey, not Streets of Rage. Luffy was a wonderful minus-two with a shot on goal, two hits, and a takeaway. Once again, Luffy is not shying away from his physical game the way i am shying away from consistant comma usage. The North Stars would soon avenge themselves with a five to one victory, at home, the next day. Toronto outshot the Dragons forty-six to thirty-eight and outhit them nineteen to sixteen. Luffy Richard had a shot on goal, two blocked shots, a minor penalty, and a takeaway. So he was virtually invisible out there on the ice. Wonderful. No wonder he has been moody all damn day. I should make him some apple pie with a scoop of vanilla. 

The final, but canonically second to last game the North Stars played in today's sim, saw the North Stars defeat the Argonauts four to two. The North Stars won the shots race forty to forty-one but were beaten to a pulp as Seattle laid thirty hits to Toronto's seventeen. Luffy Richard had a wonderful five shots on goal that amounted to nothing, so that was sad. He also had a blocked shot and a hit so he let at least one player on the Argonauts know that he showed up for the game. That was nice of him. 

The Toronto North Stars have a firm fifteen point lead over the New England Wolfpack, but are themselves sixteen points out of first place with second place being a solid thirteen points ahead. That is a big lead to try and overtake, but it might be interesting if the North Stars make a run of it. As you can see, Luffy Richard has done some solid defensive work, but his point production has tapered off which has made him as petulant as ever. I hope his mood improves soon.

Until next time,

Shine On!

(826 words)

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]