Create Account

S61 Dragons Interested Prospect Thread
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2021, 01:55 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Franchise Information:
City: Calgary, AB, Canada
Team Name: Dragons
Abbreviation: CGY
Colours: Red, Grey, Black and White
Stadium Name: The Big-Parm

Team Essentials:
Dragons.Tv - *LINK HERE*
Twitter - *LINK HERE*
The Dragons Scorebook - *LINK HERE*
Franchise Branding - *LINK HERE*

**Calgary owns two 1st round picks this season!**

Welcome to the Calgary Dragons Interested Prospect thread! Calgary is the most successful and consistent franchise in SHL history, winning 8 Challenge Cups and making the playoffs in 34 of the last 36 seasons! We play in the league's most exciting arena, The BIG-Parm, which has become one hell of a home field advantage!

Calgary is also the first franchise to own its very own television network called Dragons.tv! We also have the league's most active twitter account! So if you are drafted to Calgary be ready for the media blitz!

As you learn more about our team, feel free to check out our rich history HERE, our Team Profile HERE and Dragon Encylopedia HERE. We're a hard working team and a top notch organization. We're always looking for motivated young players to enhance the Dragons experience! We have a great team atmosphere, strong leadership, we support each other and have a lot of fun.

If you're a prospect for the S61 SHL Entry Draft and are interested in joining the Dragons family, please help us get to know you better!

Please link us your Player Page: Example

Code:
1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?

4. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL?  

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us

8. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

Feel free to ask us any questions you may have about the team, pm @Mike Izzy @Katth

[Image: image0.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

pick me! pick me!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 02:21 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

07-11-2021, 02:13 PMMuerto Wrote: pick me! pick me!

Drafted!

Sorry @Geekusoid
Aggrieved

Knights|Dragons|Austria

07-11-2021, 02:20 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
07-11-2021, 02:13 PMMuerto Wrote: pick me! pick me!

Drafted!

Sorry @Geekusoid
Aggrieved
Sold!

1. I'm brand new, so most SHL teams are sitting at 5/10 for me to join, since I don't know anything. But I like dragons. So 6/10.
2. I chose Garbage Collector as my role, but I think I'm envisioning a small, quick forward that defenses will struggle with. Someone that requires constant attention because of their ability to put away awful bouncing pucks, who also has a quick first step to beat the defense to a dumped puck, etc. I'm always open for advice, this being my first time doing any sort of forum based roleplay sim. But for this first player, I'm for just taking the player where the wind blows, writing a story and having fun. Not really looking to min/max, but looking to get more involved as I spend time here.
3. Similar to what I have in Nevada. Active players, fun atmosphere. I'm enjoying meeting people and making friends. Nevada is a ton of fun, even if we're bottom of the league.
4. The community has been very helpful. Everyone I've run into has been very friendly. But most of all is the depth of everything. It's like Be a Pro in NHL21 but more fleshed out and with more soul. The fact that I can play for club and country. The seasons are longer, but not too long. And unlike EA's games you can feel the passion and love in this project.
5. Yeah. I'm a stay-at-home parent. At a minimum I could be checking things after my kids bed time. Only downside I see is I live in Hawaii, which means my active hours are a little different than the rest of North America.
6. I'm 30. So I'm technically not OVER 30.
7. I've attempted to stream on Twitch, still do sporadically. Also learning a little photoshop making my own Sigs and hoping to improve that.
8. I'm new, but I've absolutely enjoyed my time here. This is very cool and I'm disappointed I didn't join sooner!

[Image: Aleris-Sig3.gif?ex=66246b80&is=66231a00&...e44aac877&]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?

I think im a 10. I really like the branding and effort put into the branding.

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?

A playmaking Dman or two way Dman, want to put up points but also be a force in my own end.

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?

Quality teammates and the conversations about how to get better and make your player better in the sim

I think its a fun experience, figuring it out is hard at first but once you get the hang of it you're just waiting to update and keep making your player better

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

I try to find a way to make time, I've been here about a month and have found ways to earn about 100 TPE so far. My job can get kind of busy on the weekends.

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

Over 20.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116890

8. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

I made a huge effort in draft media week to raise my bank account for my players entire career and plan to usually do one big article with double media a season, as long as earning as much TPE and being as active in the LR as possible.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116566
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2021, 02:18 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Code:
I do not anything about any SHL team really. But i like your initiative! So i will respond atleast.

Agitator kinda, but can also play counterattacking forward/powerforward/screener.

Just looking for a nice team with fun people, dosent matter if we win or lose, but i would prefer winning.

The VAN people and everything around it.

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything
that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or
so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

Not really, i have played several marathon games before and i enjoy that playstyle.

Almost 30!

Indeed. I really enjoy messing around with articles. No. You can look at my posts if you are interested, don't be lazy.

I can be an idiot sometimes, thats the way it is really. But usually a fun idiot. The kind of guy you like on your team but hate on the other team.

[Image: croppad.jpg]

Dragons

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

This is Petr, he is angy

- Your LR seems like a group of people I've gotten along with well in the past, I suppose at the moment the Dragons are above average, so a 6, or perhaps a 7?

- Goal scorer. I've been aggregating the builds from each FHM season's leading goal scorer to make a planned build, however I imagine the update scale change will affect that much, but sure I suppose I'm more open to build advice with this player as personal success is paramount for me this time around.

- I'm looking for high mins and an opportunity to be successful. Traditionally I've been LR first, and in those I just want good vibes. Nothing beats a team that gets along, but since I'm tying to finally get a hall of famer, my success is at the forefront of my mind.

- The community by far. 7 years and counting and that's what's kept me here and wanting to do more for it every year. I stopped updating my first player early on, but I still kept checking the site every day because I loved the community. I recently had no player for quite a while, but stayed active and involved in the community.

- I've held multiple jobs while having both jobs and school, so I can't foresee anything impacting me.

- I am 22.

- Not a graphics guy, but no media I've done in the past was consistent to provide constant income if that's what's being implied. I've always been interested in a podcast though, and wanted to do one in case I got an SMJHL expansion team, but obviously that didn't work out.

- I think I've hit the major points a couple times: I'm looking for high mins, personal success, hopeful HoFer, but also I plan for playing as long as it takes for the Czechs to win gold.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

1. like a 7, not my #1 destination but in the upper half of the list for sure

2. defensive defenseman. would be very happy to get advice from people who know more than me.

3. an active LR and good vibes, that's honestly all i need. some cups would be nice too ofc

4. the S61 draft class is fucking awesome, legit everyone is super fucking nice and fun to talk to

5. i'm in my gap year, i've got plenty of free time

6. 18

7. i've done a couple of articles, here's my big boy one: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116266

8. if you pass over me i will break both of your tibias

[Image: kILVP74.png]    [Image: qtbn8zh.png]    [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: Monochroma_Sig_2_1.gif]
Patriotes Knights Latvia Knights Latvia Knights Patriotes

08-05-2021, 04:19 PMmonochroma Wrote: 8. if you pass over me i will break both of your tibias

Passion… Check plus.

[Image: Wally.png]

Hi Izzy. I'd be down to join the Dragons. 8? You've got a bunch of folks that I really get along with on the squad.

Power Forward/Agitator.

A group that I can really get along with, a community. Bunch of new friends Smile

Uh...

Yes.

Just barely over 30.

No

You guys know me already.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

I would say a 9. The Dragons follow me on TWITTER!!!! That makes me like them.

I am building a Power Forward. I am ALWAYS open to advice to help me help the team.

I am looking for a team with an active and friendly discord. I enjoy folks who want to chat and be friendly. That is pretty much it.

The people I have met and had conversations with. Everyone has been awesome.

Yes. I use down time at work (of which there is plenty) to do my updates. That is unlikely to change.

Over 30. Less than 40.

Yes, I have done some media and two deep dives. The latest Deep Dive is here.

I am active, grab as much TPE as I can and I think I am a pretty friendly guy who joins in on discussions on Discord.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team? 6 maybe 7 if I got to know more about ur team and the players but don’t know a amazing amount at the moment

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success? Want him to sacrifice his body on defence and light the league up on the score sheet

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room? A family atmosphere

4. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL? The locker rooms

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc) yes I’ll always have time after working 40 or so hours a week n still finding time it’ll be no trouble as I’m enjoying it

8. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!! I’m very friendly and get along with everyone no matter what the circumstances

[Image: qlfNSs6.png][Image: tfifKNV.png]
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png]

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: jO2Di2N.png]