Create Account

s60 mPT #4: Feedback

One thing that's great about the site, especially this season is the storyline created by the PT/mPTs (credit to @SlashACM). One thing that I don't like about the site is that there isn't as much public banter/roasting (friendly of course). I feel like having separate Discords, etc takes away from that (people interact with their own team mostly and maybe individual guys they know). How do we fix that? No idea. Who's job is this....

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

I love the amount of effort people put into the league, from people coming up with the tasks, to those grading and updating and then the people running the teams and the players too. So yeah, all around love to see how invested people are.

One small thing I'd love to see is a slow down on the post game summary in the sims, not all the time, but sometimes simmers fly through the post game and onto sim the next (still <3 simmers)

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

Having gone into other leagues, the one thing I appreciate is the automatic banking system. It’s just better, easier, nicer.. I don’t know who is responsible for it, but it’s great.

One thing I wish the site as a whole was better at is reacting to issues before they happen. No one is responsible in particular for this, but things like the goalie issues. We saw that coming since Slash went unsigned as a 2k goalie, but no one cared. Then we fix it, and the J’s are fucked because we never considered that maybe stopping the goalie flow would make it harder to find a goalie. I think this covers a lot of issues that have happened and are upcoming that we might be starting to notice.

07-11-2021, 11:10 PMleafsftw1967 Wrote: As a result I suggest tpe to be based on global ranking.

I think that's a bad idea. You draft against the people in your own group and not the others. That means if your group has 3 people that either had really bad luck or went for meme picks, the teams of the other members of the group get a lot better. Of course the 5th in such a group is going to end up with a higher score than the 3rd in a group where everybody drafted well and points are more evenly spread out. The goal of fantasy is to be the best among the group you draft against, global standings should really be taken with a grain of salt.

That said, I agree that the fantasy experience could be improved. Doing it via discord might be something to try out in the upcoming seasons.

Onto the positives: My favorite thing about the league is that it's completely community run. No one is earning money off of it and it's completely open and free to everyone. I've been thinking about how much time I invest into it. And for the site to continue to run like this, it needs so many more people who invest an equal amount of time or even more on a weekly or even daily basis. And overall, most of the people working on making this league work do a very good job. There are way too many people in this group to ping them and not forget anyone. So if you feel you help keeping the league running, consider yourself mentioned!

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

One part of this league is that you are a player on a team. The best part of it is, that you share a locker room with a bunch of random guys you somehow like to hang out with and talk about a lot of random bullshit stuff, and maybe even serious problems they help you cope with. Truly amazing experience.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

The one thing I love on this site is that statistics can be found very easily on the index. The one thing I would change is that I would give more appreacition to international tournaments and bring IIHF section on top of the side because national team hockey is awesome. I would also immediately update WJC medal and award history because that hadn't done in many seasons.

[Image: salming.png]

THIS SERVER HAS CONSUMED SO MUCH OF MY TIME.... AND I LOVE IT AND I WOULD NOT CHANGE ANYTHING! THE FACT THAT THERE IS A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN GO AND MAKE A PLAYER WHO GROWS UP AND SUCKS EVERY SEASON IS SO MUCH FUN!

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Something I like about the forum?  Ummmmmmmmm.... the dark theme.  Thanks iAndrew; much easier on the eyes and just cooler looking.

Something I don't like - where on earth are box scores and I don't mean the super short summaries found by clicking on a game on the schedule.  Not there?  Buried somewhere?

Code:
53 words

Bojo is the best thing that's ever happened to this website. The bank system has come such a long way since I ran it and we would have to do every single transaction via a spreadsheet manually.

Place holders are the bane of my existence and you're an asshole if you use them.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

One of my favorite things that I'm involved with right now is the Special Events Department lead by the one and Seven, @sve7en . So far ive really enjoyed being the Draft Production guy working behind the scenes. Not to say the draft wasn't great beforehand but this has been elevated to a whole other level thanks to the hard work by 7 and the the rest of the Crew. @FuzzSHL @r0tzbua @Amidships @"Awesomecakes" @Kyamprac @Nokazoa for really assisting and elevating the game here. Happy to be in a spot where I can help make the league a better place, even if its just doing some behind the scenes work.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

I enjoy how doing site jobs can earn your account 'fake money' and allow you to progress your player faster. These jobs aren't required for you to do but there if you choose to do so and want to see your player improve at a faster pace. These jobs also make the site run and without them it would crumble.

Word Count: 60

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

The main thing that I really hope doesn't get changed in this league that is not something seen in other leagues is the live draft; think it's a lot of fun to be a part of, and keeps the anticipation because half the league doesn't know the result ahead of time

The thing I would change is the divisions; having geographically aligned divisions in a league where there's no need for them just seems bizarre, and I preferred the idea of reseeding each year based on past performance

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

I love that if I ask any questions, they are genuinely answered. On site or in LRs. I hate when I can't figure something out because people are being dicks, but that really seems to not be the case in SHL. I really appreciate the community.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

One thing I love about the site is obviously the index. I will give props @DrunkenTeddy to for that. One issue I have with the site is separating the SHL and SMJHL media though I do understand why they did it

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

The Dragons LR is active, and with multiple people contributing. There's a sense of comradery that I haven't seem in a sim league in quite a while.

The lack of game info on this site is maddening. There are no play by plays, no discussion threads, not even any kind of hype for when the playoffs start. It's super lame and boring, and it makes the site feel dead and like a waste of time.