Create Account

s60 mPT #4: Feedback

There's a lot of things I love about the site. Our new index is fantastic, and I also am a big fan of the work the history department has done. Looking at historical stats and trades and things like that are super interesting to me. My least favorite part of the site right now is probably the PT system. It's nothing to do with your work as PT Head Slash, just more so the system as a whole. For me I am not a super creative person and writing/graphics are not my forte at all so PT's can definitely be a bit of a grind for me at times. My main issue is just with the regular PT's and CW moreso than say the Primetime's or 3v3's. I don't really have any solution for this, but really if it's my least favorite part of the site I'd say we're doing a pretty damn good job because it's really not that big of a problem.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

I'm a big fan of how the HO has been so progressive with making changes to the league over the past few seasons. They aren't afraid to make changes, and that's a big difference from some HOs we've had in the past. One nitpick I have is the general appearance of the site. I know forums are generally a thing of the past, but the skin we use could definitely be modernized and there could be better icons and graphics. Additionally, some of the colored accents really don't mesh well with the skin. We should just permanently stick with the current grey accents, and I'm not just saying that because they're the Renes colours.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

I love the new index on one had, so great job to those who worked on it. Something that I really think should be improved is scouting, as a ton of people don't even get contacted by shl teams.

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

It's hard to think of just one thing I never want to see change. Maybe I'd like to always see that the championship trophy is always called the Challenge Cup. There is something special to the thought that when you win that, you're winning the same trophy that some hockey dorks won on this site 10 years ago.

One thing that absolutely needs to change is the complete lack of impact high TPE goalies have on the SHL right now. Feels like outside of 2k TPE it doesn't really matter how much TPE you have as a goalie. It's all just about the team in front of you. Goalies just don't feel like they have enough impact on the league and something needs to change to keep Goalie players more engaged!

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

The history and longevity of this league is what makes it so interesting.

The sheer effort to earn even the most basic of money is just arduous and draining after experiencing other sim leagues and their much more friendly approaches.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

I love the community, the people are the reason that things are awesome and the reason why we keep on growing. One thing I'd change is trying to shift the focus of SMJHL management positions to be more development focused, much like the league is for players

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

I like and wouldn't change
The current class of updaters, they do a great job getting updates in and its overall a good dynamic

I hate and want changed
Lee being GM of buffalo he bad and should be LEEOUT

[Image: 336.jpg]

I truly truly love this new index that the development team has worked on and therefore my props will go to the development team, you are all amazing and I love what you have done for the site. Please keep it up and don't change.

What I don't like is the fact that FHM6 can't do our goalies justice. It has a lot of advantages, but if we want people to keep enjoying that aspect, it needs to be looked over in some way that includes changing average goals or swapping sim engine in the future. For now, it does what we need it to do best of the available options however.

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]

I believe the sims are usually handled pretty well, and since they are the big draw for most leagues, that's an important thing to get right. Props to everyone involved with that.

The thing that I think needs work is the consistency and just general handling of punishments. I've seen several other people mention this, but it bears repeating.

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

Yeah i think this has been said a lot but the new index for sure is a huge game changer for this league. Both in layout, ease of use, and functionality, it's huge compared to prior indexes that we have had. Really puts this league a step up. Huge props to everyone who worked on that

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

I love the overall layout of the banking system, it is the easiest banking system to use out of all the sim leagues so much props to whoever did that. My grievance lies with the people that are responsible for how PTs work in this league. Lets make sure all TPE opportunities are posted in the progression thread.
Code:
58 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

The league history department and updates from Luke and team have been incredible. That was something the league needed for a long time and it's been great to see that all improve. A+

I know they can't do much about it right now but eventually we need box scores in the index, one of the most important things to do for the future imo is make it so a casual player can click on a box score and see how his player and team did in a specific game. Hope this can become possible in the future with more options from fhm or some tech wizardry that I know nothing about.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2021, 02:50 PM by awils13.)

Luke and the history department have done an incredible job over the past few seasons, I'm amazed by how much data they were able to compile. What I would like to change is probably the PTs because I'm too lazy to do them. I suggest to get rid of the point tasks and make activity checks 20 tpe.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

The new Index is amazing, hopefully it brings in more people and can help keep their interest.

I sort of don't like a lot of the ways TPE is earned. PTs, fantasy etc. I wish there was something a little more fun and involved to make it more fun. I don't have any ideas though, so whatever.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

I really love how attractive everybody on this site is, it's really amazing and definitely my favorite part. Everybody is so cool and attractive. I don't like how nobody lets me uncap my TPE while I'm still in the J. Let me be better smh, site sucks