Create Account

Reaching out to our fellow SHLers
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2021, 01:27 PM by Otrebor13.)

Hello everyone. It's not easy to come on here and do this, but I feel like this can't hurt, so I might as well. My brother (@Bruins10) and I have an aunt who has been sick for a few months. Back in April she wasn't feeling too well and ended up in the hospital as they tried to figure out what was wrong. After she was misdiagnosed a couple of times, they finally diagnosed her with Leukemia on May 1st and has been in the hospital ever since. She went through 2 intense rounds of chemo and unfortunately it hasn't worked.

Our family has been looking into possible options that may help her and there is a clinical trial in Houston that she may qualify for that could possibly help her and save her life. As such, we are currently raising money to try and reach our goal so she can get some additional treatment and hopefully save her. Our aunt is still in great spirits, she continues to smile and fight through this but she may not be able to last much longer if she doesn't get additional help.

Whether or not you can donate or share this with others is up to you, but anything, no matter how small, will definitely go a long way in helping her out. We can't thank you guys enough in advance <3

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-pina-mar...e=customer

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

She sounds like a fighter. Gave what I could, all the best her and the family.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

07-15-2021, 01:37 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: She sounds like a fighter. Gave what I could, all the best her and the family.

Not a problem man, thank you so much for the donation, we really appreciate it!

Donated, keep up the good fight

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

07-15-2021, 01:49 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: Donated, keep up the good fight

Thank you <3

Sending love to you and the family dude <3

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

07-15-2021, 02:39 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Sending love to you and the family dude <3

Thanks man <3

Figured I would share an update on this. Our aunt was given the green light to head to Houston to get the evaluation done! Next step is hoping they accept her to take part in the clinical trial and hope that it works.

<3 will be thinking of you guys and your aunt

[Image: Wally.png]

07-20-2021, 09:20 AMWally Wrote: <3 will be thinking of you guys and your aunt

Thanks man <3

07-20-2021, 12:38 AMOtrebor13 Wrote: Figured I would share an update on this. Our aunt was given the green light to head to Houston to get the evaluation done! Next step is hoping they accept her to take part in the clinical trial and hope that it works.

Let's go dude! Sending good vibes for the evaluation and next steps.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Just a little update for anyone who may be interested: They performed a biopsy to see if the treatment is working and preliminary results say that she's in remission! While the full biopsy results haven't been received, this is super positive and they expect the biopsy to show the same results. The next steps are still a little uncertain, as she has to continue with the treatment she is receiving, but we hope it continues to work. From being given 3 months to live to being in remission, this is great!

Just thought I'd give everyone an update on this and say thank you to anyone who donated/shared/sent positive vibes!

09-09-2021, 11:15 AMOtrebor13 Wrote: Just a little update for anyone who may be interested: They performed a biopsy to see if the treatment is working and preliminary results say that she's in remission! While the full biopsy results haven't been received, this is super positive and they expect the biopsy to show the same results. The next steps are still a little uncertain, as she has to continue with the treatment she is receiving, but we hope it continues to work. From being given 3 months to live to being in remission, this is great!

Just thought I'd give everyone an update on this and say thank you to anyone who donated/shared/sent positive vibes!

Im happy things are looking up for you and your family. This is great news.