Create Account

"Wild" West Title Down To The Wire
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2021, 05:59 PM by Aleris.)

With roughly 16 games left in the S60 season, most division are all but secured. Anchorage will likely win the North West. Carolina has locked up the South East. And Newfoundland, well, yeah, they've already won the North East. That leaves one division left. Some would call this division the Wild West, the Unexplored Frontier, the Land of the Lawless. I'm of course referring to the South West Division.

Now Nevada isn't in contention for the title this year. But Colorado and Anaheim are starring each other down like two dueling cowboys (or a cowboy and raptor). As of today, Anaheim leads Colorado by 1 point in the standings and only 2 goals in goal differential. This title could very well come down to this last day of sims and it should be an exciting one. These two teams only face each other one more time about halfway through the final stretch of 16 games. The season record has Anaheim up 4-1 in head-to-head meetings. But looking at the league leaders, Colorado has a couple of fantastic players like KEKW Kekkonen and Noel Blanchet generating offense for them. While there are few players near the top of the league leaders for Anaheim, they have put forward a complete team effort sharing the goals throughout their lines.

It really is tough to split these two teams, which both have a core of S60 and S59 draft class players pairing with a good amount of active S61 rookies. Both teams are even similar in Goals For and Goals Against with less than 10 separating them in either category. Anaheim has a very slight edge in Average TPE, but that could change as players are updated.

Now maybe one team might have an advantage in the upcoming schedule? Looking at the last 16 games Anaheim plays a bottom 3 team (Nevada, Kelowna, Maine) 5 times, where Colorado plays a bottom 3 team 6 six times. But these teams are no longer guaranteed wins as many as loaded with rookies who have greatly improved from the start of the season. Both teams even play top 3 teams (Newfoundland, Anchorage, Vancouver) an even 4 times.
I couldn't pick these two teams apart. So it's up to my readers. Who do you think comes out on top in the Wild West?

[Image: b8XI874.png]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

i hear @micool132 is gonna win the cup

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

07-15-2021, 06:13 PMsteveoiscool Wrote: i hear @micool132 is gonna win the cup

it's gonna happen I swear!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Pew pew, Outlaw crew

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Colorado without a doubt!

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

Raptors

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

amncrage

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]